PDA

View Full Version : Wave 3

FundingMyAddiction
11-04-2008, 12:52 AM
I received my Wave 3 case pack from StarWarsShop in the mail today.

I'm liking the accessories A LOT more in this wave. The handheld holographs that come with Dooku and Ventress are nice. The IG droid comes with a back pack that his blasters clip onto. And of course, Plo Koon comes with the awesome lightsaber gauntlet. The Threepio bubble is mighty empty, though. Since he doesn't really do much anyway (other than whine ;)), they gave him glowing eyes. Instead of being on top of the head like with the old jawas, it's on the back of his head. It works ok. You might look a little weird if someone walks in and you're holding your threepio figure up to a lamp.

The animated style works a lot better with Plo Koon, who doesn't differ all that much from his film counterpart. It still looks awkward to me on Dooku since it's so exaggerated. It doesn't work so well when the beard is longer than the face.

DarkArtist
11-04-2008, 08:32 AM
Awesome. was hoping to find these guys soon. the pegs here have been dry for about 2-3 weeks since i found wave 4. here's hoping they start showing up at retail.

JediTricks
11-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Nice get. There isn't 1 figure I don't want from this wave, this wave when I saw it at Comic-Con was what got me to give this line a chance at all. Kinda sick of trying to track this stuff down, but CW hasn't been as troublesome for me as TLC.

Adam
11-09-2008, 02:38 AM
These came in at my Target Thursday last week, so they are out there. :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Found Dooku and Droid tonight at a Target.

I really like this wave thus far. Dooku looks really solid. Hopefully I find more soon. :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
11-10-2008, 05:30 PM
I picked up Dooku, 3po, and IG88 last night at target.

Really cool figures, now the hunt is on for Ventress.

bigbarada
11-16-2008, 02:33 PM
I haven't seen anything from wave 2 aside from the Super Battle Droid (one of the coolest figures from this line) and the clean Clonetrooper, but this entire wave showed up today (sans Ventress of course).

I only picked up Threepio and the Droideka, but Dooku, Plo Koon and the IG Assassin Droid look really good. The detail work on everything is amazing, you can tell this line is where Hasbro is really focusing their efforts.

This is probably my favorite version of Threepio so far. Mainly because the lack of vac-metallization allows him to finally be super-articulated. Even though I was afraid to move him at all, at first, because he just looks so delicate.

The Droideka is also really cool, probably the best version of this droid as well. Unfortunately one of the pegs for the missile launchers broke off when I was pulling them off his arms (they're supposed to be removable), but that's fine, I never planned to display him with those in place anyway.

Battle Droid
11-16-2008, 02:42 PM
I still need the SBD and Ahsoka from Wave 2, haven't seen any of Wave 3.

StoneTrooper420
11-17-2008, 06:04 AM
I buy things all the time from StarWarsShop but i cant seem to find the W3 cased set or any W3 cards on the site. Please help me out im trying to get this set asap.

Thinking of buying it here : http://www.brianstoys.com/store/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=S8W3CWAVE3SETOF6

Any thoughts as to where to get the whole set soon?

Plz and Thx

TheRealDubya
11-17-2008, 03:27 PM
I buy things all the time from StarWarsShop but i cant seem to find the W3 cased set or any W3 cards on the site. Please help me out im trying to get this set asap.

Thinking of buying it here : http://www.brianstoys.com/store/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=S8W3CWAVE3SETOF6

Any thoughts as to where to get the whole set soon?

Plz and Thx

TRU has them in stock and has FREE shipping.
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?sr=1&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUS%2F2254197&kw=star+wars+clone+wars&origkw=star+wars+clone+wars&kwCatId=&view=all

StoneTrooper420
11-17-2008, 03:44 PM
Umm ya, they dont ship to Canada, Kinda Sucks i know, and TRU.ca doesnt have wave three yet, and neither site has Case Set of 12 like that guy, Hasbro box and everything, StarwarsShop.com doesnt have W3 on there site anymore ?!

am i missing somthing or is it just not there? To my knowledge W3 was released in the US on Nov 15th 2008

Thx

Ji'dai
11-17-2008, 04:54 PM
I found this wave at WM Friday. My original intent was just getting 3PO from this wave, but after seeing Asajj, IG-86, and the Destroyer Droid in person, I bought those too.

I love 3PO! He's just so cute and fun to play with. It's the first SA 3PO in 30 years and it's about time. I'd rank goldenrod right up there with Ahsoka on my list of favorite Clone Wars figures thus far.

IG-86 is a pleasant surprise too. Lots of articulation and a nice rusty machine-metal paint scheme. I haven't watched any episodes from the TV show so I'm not sure if there's just one of him or multiples running around. I bought two IGs just in case.

I went back the next day and picked up Plo Koon and Dooku. I was on the fence about Dooku since he doesn't have any leg or ankle articulation, but I do like the headsculpt. Plus he comes with the Asajj hologram. I opened the Count yesterday and one foot is a little warped so he doesn't stand very well.

I'm not sold on Plo Koon yet and may return him. These prequel Jedi are just so bland and unmemorable characters, plus I think the figure lacks leg articulation like Dooku.

I did pack up my '03 Clone Wars figures to make room for these new incarnations. I'm still undecided about collecting this line but it's becoming more difficult to resist. The one thing holding me back is the lack of articulation in some figures. I was willing to overlook this problem with the last animated line, but I can't do it now.

TheRealDubya
11-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Umm ya, they dont ship to Canada, Kinda Sucks i know, and TRU.ca doesnt have wave three yet, and neither site has Case Set of 12 like that guy, Hasbro box and everything, StarwarsShop.com doesnt have W3 on there site anymore ?!

am i missing somthing or is it just not there? To my knowledge W3 was released in the US on Nov 15th 2008

Thx

Ah, didn't know you were up North. Brian's Toys is a good shop, if somewhat expensive. I like BBTS.com a lot.

StoneTrooper420
11-17-2008, 07:14 PM
I think BBTS is the way to go they have box sets of both W2 and W3 that im ordering, plus the anakin/driod speeder Battle Pack in stock. My collection will be complete. They are a bit cheeper on the shipping end for all my Canadian Friends out there wishing to get USA Cards instead of our dreaded Multi Language CND Cards. Thanks for the great suggestion.

Have u shopped there with success before?

FundingMyAddiction
11-17-2008, 08:09 PM

Thx

StarWarsShop doesn't list their waves anymore if they sell too much. That's one thing I've noticed. You really have to be on the ball if you're ordering from them. I have ordered from BriansToys quite a bit with success, though you will end up paying more.

IG-86 is a pleasant surprise too. Lots of articulation and a nice rusty machine-metal paint scheme. I haven't watched any episodes from the TV show so I'm not sure if there's just one of him or multiples running around. I bought two IGs just in case.

I really like him too. Good thing you got two, because there are two in that episode. I'm thinking about picking up another one as well.

I opened the Count yesterday and one foot is a little warped so he doesn't stand very well.

I noticed the whole warped foot on one of the Coruscant Guards from the battle pack. They'd packed him in such a "dynamic" pose that when you try to set him up, he looks like he's straddling a horse. I don't know if it's the material they're using or what.

I'm not sold on Plo Koon yet and may return him. These prequel Jedi are just so bland and unmemorable characters, plus I think the figure lacks leg articulation like Dooku.

I'm surprised. I thought everybody would love this Plo Koon. Yeah, he doesn't have the best articulation (most of this line doesn't), but I thought they did a great job on sculpt and detail. Not to mention they dug back into the concept and snagged the double lightsaber wrist gauntlet. That's such an awesome accessory.

StoneTrooper420
11-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Quote:
I'm not sold on Plo Koon yet and may return him. These prequel Jedi are just so bland and unmemorable characters, plus I think the figure lacks leg articulation like Dooku

Lol you would return a $9.99 Figure wow I didnt know ppl did that?????
I think only Wal-Mart is dumb enough to take an opened figure back,

LOL I bought a Jedi Starfighter from Walmart in Toronto last week and I got it hope and i jsut noticed the tape was all messy. So i opened it to find that all the accecories and decals, even the r4 unit was gone lol. Its ppl like you that make me angry and these toys end up back on the shelfs opened. Grrr

You better hope I Walmart believes me and gives me back my $22.99 lol

Dont return Opened Figures Plz, Eat the $9.99

bigbarada
11-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Quote:
I'm not sold on Plo Koon yet and may return him. These prequel Jedi are just so bland and unmemorable characters, plus I think the figure lacks leg articulation like Dooku

I think only Wal-Mart is dumb enough to take an opened figure back,

LOL I bought a Jedi Starfighter from Walmart in Toronto last week and I got it hope and i jsut noticed the tape was all messy. So i opened it to find that all the accecories and decals, even the r4 unit was gone lol. Its ppl like you that make me angry and these toys end up back on the shelfs opened. Grrr

You better hope I Walmart believes me and gives me back my $22.99 lol

Dont return Opened Figures Plz, Eat the $9.99

I don't think he was talking about returning an opened figure. If you notice, he said that he "thinks" the figure lacks legs articulation which implies that he still has it in the package and hasn't opened it yet.

Anyways, I actually returned a single unopened figure today so that I could pick up the CW IG-86 figure. The IG figure is awesome with plenty of cool articulation, even his hands are articulated! The wrists swivel AND the hands open and close! That's amazing.

I was tempted to pick up the Dooku and Plo Koon figures but didn't really want to spend the extra $14.95 (after sales tax), plus it appeared that neither figure had any knee or ankle articulation. For the prices that these toys are commanding nowadays, I would think super-articulation would be standard.

Ji'dai
11-18-2008, 06:51 AM
I noticed the whole warped foot on one of the Coruscant Guards from the battle pack. They'd packed him in such a "dynamic" pose that when you try to set him up, he looks like he's straddling a horse. I don't know if it's the material they're using or what. I put Dooku on a Real Stand made for SW figures (clear disk with 2 pegs) but his foot peg holes are too shallow. It kinda looks like he's floating above the ground.

I'm surprised. I thought everybody would love this Plo Koon. Yeah, he doesn't have the best articulation (most of this line doesn't), but I thought they did a great job on sculpt and detail. Not to mention they dug back into the concept and snagged the double lightsaber wrist gauntlet. That's such an awesome accessory. Oh, the figure looks great, but it's the lack of leg articulation that just completely kills it for me.

I think only Wal-Mart is dumb enough to take an opened figure back, dont return Opened Figures Plz, Eat the $9.99

I don't think he was talking about returning an opened figure. If you notice, he said that he "thinks" the figure lacks legs articulation which implies that he still has it in the package and hasn't opened it yet. Yep, Plo Koon is still trapped in his package. I return unopened figures all the time, usually when I find ones with better paint jobs down the road. Figures are significantly cheaper here than the $10 you apparently pay too. If the line was that expensive I would not even bother collecting in the first place.

I was tempted to pick up the Dooku and Plo Koon figures but didn't really want to spend the extra $14.95 (after sales tax), plus it appeared that neither figure had any knee or ankle articulation. For the prices that these toys are commanding nowadays, I would think super-articulation would be standard. Such a glaring lack of articulation is simply inexcusable. Unless it's intentional on Hasbro's part. Basic Anakin doesn't have leg articulation but the battle pack version does, which also happens to be much higher in price.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-18-2008, 09:19 PM
I think BBTS is the way to go they have box sets of both W2 and W3 that im ordering, plus the anakin/driod speeder Battle Pack in stock. My collection will be complete. They are a bit cheeper on the shipping end for all my Canadian Friends out there wishing to get USA Cards instead of our dreaded Multi Language CND Cards. Thanks for the great suggestion.

Have u shopped there with success before?

I'm coming into this conversation late, but i'll say that i've been doing business with BBTS for YEARS, since 04 or so. They're really fantastic and their pile of loot is great.......as if i find stuff in stores, i can cancel it and get it credited to my account. hehehehe Their prices can be a tad high at times though, but factoring in gas and time, you're usually coming out ahead. They're the ONLY place I use for SW sets and I usually do my NECA Harry Potter with them too :thumbsup:

Got a tip from my peeps back home that a new case of CW came in at wally world. I called my buddy who works there and he was able to hold the remaining four figures I needed: Plo, Asaaj, Threepio, and IG-86. One of hte folks snatched them up a few hours later. I can't wait to see them when i go home next week for turkey day. :thumbsup:

bigbarada
11-20-2008, 08:50 PM
Like I mentioned before, I've only got three figures from this wave, but did I mention how cool these figures are? :love:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-20-2008, 11:21 PM
Wow, I didn't know the Destroyer's arm launchers came off! Sweet!

bigbarada
11-21-2008, 12:03 AM
Wow, I didn't know the Destroyer's arm launchers came off! Sweet!

Yep, they're designed to be removable, just like the Super Battle Droid's missile launchers. Only thing is one of the pegs broke off of mine when I was taking it off, but it's no biggie I never planned to put them back on.

DarkArtist
11-28-2008, 03:47 PM
found all of wave 3 this morning in Walmart. I have to say i think this is the best wave to date for the Clone Wars... Dooku and Ventress and spot on and Plo Koon's gauntlet is amazing. love the Destroyer Droid as well. was surprised to see these sitting on the pegs, would have thought they would be sold out with Black Friday and all.

jedimastergeorge06
11-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Went to target today and they had a ton of wave 4 of the legacy collection and they had the clone wars obi wans starfighter. It looks pretty awsome and got fx-6 and brea organa and got matt trakker the m.a.s.k figure from gijoe line and i got two of the IG droid from the clone wars at toysrus ..so i was surprised this weekend...i just couldnt believe all the stuff that i found...it was great. Im planning on getting the starfighter next week and stass allie if target still has them. And maybe some other stuff perhaps. Walmart had all of wave 3 of the clone wars. Most of the pegs were all full of them..i was shocked. I was surprised that all of these stores still had these figures, cause i went at night and normaly they are all gone but its fine with me you know. So that means i dont have to waste my money on ebay or places that will charge out the you know what just for one figure. I hope i have good luck again next weekend. So keep your eyes open my friends....the new stuff is coming your way if you havent already found it. And if not, then let me know i may be able to help ya out.

figrin bran
12-01-2008, 01:50 AM
It took weeks to find them but I finally saw some wave 3 figs today. I bought Plo, Ventress, 3PO, Destroyer Droid and IG-86. Dooku wasn't on the pegs but I would've passed on him anyhow.

While Master Koon is my favorite from the wave, IG is a very, very close second.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-06-2008, 06:43 PM
Finally saw this wave today at Wal-Mart. I too am really liking the droids in this wave. I wasn't too enthused about getting the Destroyer Droid, based on not really liking previous releases. Plus this one looks funny with the short legs. However, after opening it and seeing all the cool features it has, I kind of like it. It's the closest they've got to having one that actually rolls up. Based on what they've done here, I think they probably could make one if they put some more effort into it.

C-3PO is pretty good with the great articulation. Hopefully they can make a regular C-3PO figure with this sort of articulation. The IG droid is pretty good as well.

Dooku and Plo Koon I have difficulty keeping stood up. Ventress's skirt might be assisting in keeping her up. Dooku's cape makes it harder to balance him. His likeness one of the most unrealistic in this series as well.

JetsAndHeels
12-07-2008, 09:36 AM
I finally found Ventress, Plo, and the Destroyer Droid yesterday at Wal-Mart.
I already had Dooku, 3po, and the IG droid.

I love this entire wave, but my 2 favorites are the Plo and the IG droid. I must say that these are some of my favorite figures in my collection right now. I take back anything negative I said or thought about the CW line before I got them. :)

JediTricks
12-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Picked up most of this wave yesterday at Target, the Destroyer Droid had a mangled card which is I assume why it was still there, Dooku & Ventress were long gone.

C-3PO is only ok. The articulation is good, but it only works within the confines of this animated styling. The neck joint is a little ugly but works for 3PO, any other figure and it'd fail. The light-up eyes are ok, cute but I wouldn't like it on a realistic 3PO. I don't like the posture, the figure's shoulders and upper body are set too far back. Paint is a little more bronze than the gold of the proto, but it still works. Nice to see a 3PO with hands that can hold stuff. He's also really small, not out of scale to animated R2 since that one is also very small, but put next to any realistic SW figure and it's like they're 2 different scales.

The Destroyer Droid has some charm that I wasn't expecting. The design is simple, but fits the styling of the show pretty well, the droid looks intimidating. The arms sport the right amount of articulation, they look simple but they have rotation joints above and below the side-hinged elbow so they can point the guns in any angle. The legs have simple hinges at the hips, nothing more, but this works for the design. I would have liked to have seen some neck articulation, the figure looks downwards a bit. I like that the launchers are removable, but the gimmick's tabs make it look when the launchers are removed like the hands are flipping you off. Speaking of the gimmick, it's surprisingly fun considering it's very little, the figure's upper body pops up and the arms spring out sideways, as if it were taking the very last step in transformation. It's cute and doesn't detract from the overall design too much. There's more assembly required for a basic figure than I expected tho', both arms and the back flaps. And the left side of the figure shows a lot of exposed screws, these should have been painted over if they couldn't be covered. I'm also annoyed by the back flaps, they're huge and they stick way up, they get in the way of the arms a little easily.

Plo Koon is keen, but the photos do him justice so he's not surprising in person, what you saw is what you get. Sculpting is good, very sharp around the face especially, though I'm less impressed with the hood in person than I was expecting to be. The paint on the head is very good, the rest is ok except the white armor which is a little sloppy. Love the arm articulation, they used a more droid-style joint and while it looks a little unusual, it has more than the usual 90 degrees of elbow bend, those extra 10 degrees really add a lot of character, he's meaner than a figure could normally look. The legs are underarticulated, the same as CW Obi-Wan, just hips. The wider stance and longer skirt make it harder for him to fit in the Jedi Starfighter, but it is possible if you bend the hips a little, and he looks wicked in there. The gauntlet is very neat, it only seems to fit well on the right hand, I think the left forearm is a little shorter so it doesn't fit right. The separate lightsabers are cool too, one has a shorter blade than the other, like a katana and a wakizashi, and their blades are darker blue than the gauntlet's. None of the blades are removable, even though the hilts have long belt pegs. Pretty nifty, I only wish they had made the hood a little better.

IG-86 rocks hard. The look is very accurate, it's tall and gangly, and although it's lacking some of the finest sculpted detail, it makes up for that with an awesome rusted metallic deco that absolutely pops, comes alive. Articulation is well represented, the ball-hinged shoulders, eblows, ankles, and even hips give a lot of poseability. The hinged hands work great, they're super fun. The neck, waist, and knees are standard joints, they work fine but I do wish the waist had a vertical hinge too so the droid could bend forward like the VOTC IG-88 figure, but even without it the leg and ankle joints let it do some good leaning poses. The figure has 2 battle droid blasters, they're cast in dark blue yet given a metallic dry-brushing which looks pretty decent and separate from the figure itself; however, clear-banding has left one of the handles very warped on mine, and both dip down at the narrow midpoint. The figure also has a small removable frame backpack which the scopes of the blasters can clip into, it's a simple metallic gray plastic but it fits well and is nifty to stow both blasters. This figure is a real winner though, very exciting.