PDA

View Full Version : Do you segregate Animated from Movie figures?

StbrianofMinneapolis
11-04-2008, 12:51 PM
I am finding that with my love of the new animated series, and the look of the figures, I feel no need to seperate the lines in any way. Specifically, I dont need to see "realistic" movie versions of Ahsoka, Anakin or anyone.

To me they found the right look for this line that strays from the blocky animated look of the miniseries figures, while maintaining a pseudo-animated/realistic look. I have actually bought six figures from this line, and havent purchased any of the movie lines in months.

Ando
11-04-2008, 02:57 PM
I haven't really been collecting the animated figures, in fact other than the main characters, I have been selling the clones that come with the AT-TE and the Speeder Bikes to a local toy shop.

I am however going to do something special for a few of the figures.

I am going to get a couple of these: http://www.containerstore.com/browse/Product.jhtml?searchId=16733361&itemIndex=1&CATID=233&PRODID=10022884 (http://www.containerstore.com/browse/Product.jhtml?searchId=16733361&itemIndex=1&CATID=233&PRODID=10022884)

And in one of them, I am going to put Anakin, Rex, and 6 of the Wal-Mart 501st troopers and the other will have Obi Wan, Cody, and 6 of the 212th troopers (when they come out).

I have a friend/customer with an egraving machine who can make up name plates for each one.

I think they'll look pretty cool when they all finished.

El Chuxter
11-04-2008, 04:32 PM
You're not supposed to segregate them. It's illegal.

Phantom-like Menace
11-05-2008, 12:54 AM
I want to separate them, but until they make a more realistic Ahsoka, I can't.

Blue2th
11-05-2008, 01:00 AM
I separate them when I put them up for display, at least I did with the last Clone Wars figures from the cartoon series. They don't look right together me thinks.

JediTricks
11-05-2008, 02:09 AM
I segregate them fully from my regular figures, they just don't look right. I have my VOTC R2-D2 next to my CW R2-D2 (i have a bunch of different R2s together), and it's clear they don't go together at all.

Ji'dai
11-05-2008, 06:48 AM
I keep my animated and movie figures separate, but of course, all are still equal.

I only own three of the current CW cartoon figures (R2, Ahsoka, & SBD); I doubt I'll get any others from the first two waves.

Still, I have a fondness for animated figures that dates back to the first ones I got in the mid-80s.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-05-2008, 01:57 PM
I'm still in the extremely slow-going process of putting my SW room together (I only get an hour or so every few weeks, since whenever I go home, I get sidetracked with other crap), but I'm planning on keeping the animated stuff to itself. I mean, it just doesn't look right with the realistic figures. There will be more than enough entries in this line to have it be its own display, though, between the insane amounts of vehicle repaints they already have out and the upcoming stuff.

mtriv73
11-05-2008, 02:31 PM
I keep them segregated by not buying the animated figures.

JediTricks
11-05-2008, 03:18 PM
I keep my animated and movie figures separate, but of course, all are still equal. Obi-Wan and R2 and others are smaller than their realistic counterparts, while Clone Troopers are taller. That is not equality! ;)

DarkArtist
11-05-2008, 03:47 PM
I keep them together actually. I like the looks of the Clone troopers mixed in with the more realistic ones, and I think Ashoka looks decent next to the TAC ROTS Anakin / Vader.

While i would love to see Hasbro redo Ashoka for a realistic style, i'm quite happy with the way she turned out.

stillakid
11-05-2008, 11:27 PM
I've always sorted my toys according to movie. And Expanded Universe and Animated figures get their own boxes.

Sinscia Fat'o
11-07-2008, 11:25 AM
nope, i keep them all together. I only have asoka, battle droid, rex and a few clones... so it's not like i'm going to dedicate a shelf to this line.

Rocketboy
11-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Not only do I segregate 'em, I make 'em use a separate bathroom, make 'em sit at the back of the AT-AT, and I refuse to give 'em the right to vote or own land.

But seriously, I do separate them.
I keep all my animated figures at the store.

sith_killer_99
11-07-2008, 01:36 PM
I am against segregation.

figrin bran
11-07-2008, 07:42 PM
Not only do I separate for Star Wars realistic and animated, I also do it for Transformers and Mattel DC figures.

sith_killer_99
11-07-2008, 08:27 PM
I used to segregate my OT figures from the PT figures.:yes:

waboritas
11-14-2008, 02:56 PM
Only have Ahsoka and the fact that she is not human, makes mixing her with movie figs fairly easy. I will be sending away for the Capt. Rex exclusive and he will be mixed in with other Clones. Don't plan on buying any others.

stillakid
11-15-2008, 09:26 PM
I am against segregation.

Don't ask, don't tell.

StoneTrooper420
11-17-2008, 06:22 AM
I am keeping all the Clone Wars Figures away from what i call my "Movie Figures" or "Real People" lol

I have started to collect the entire line including some vehicle and all exclusives i currently own :

All of Wave One First Day Issue USA CARD
All of Wave Two Multi Language CND CARD
All Five Exclusive Figures USA CARD (ToysRus GG, Target Fox, Walmart 501 Clone, Mailin Rex, ComCon Clone)
2 Target/Zellers Exclusive Battle Packs USA BOX (ObiWan&Clones, Yoda&Clones)
1 Battle Packs Clone Trooper on Bikes
3 Vehicles (Obi-Wan Starfighter, Anakins Mod Starfighter, Clone Figher

All unopened

Wave 3 USA CARD in Mail soon.

Hard to get most figures in Canada. Release dates are different

Kidhuman
11-17-2008, 07:04 AM
The way I store all figures is by movie and EU. All the animated ones go to the EU part of it.

Ando
11-17-2008, 12:22 PM
This is how I have segregated my animated figures:

stillakid
11-17-2008, 12:25 PM
This is how I have segregated my animated figures:

You're a cruel, cruel person. I suppose you propped up the Malibu Barbie just out of frame to taunt them from outside their prison. :whip:

Ando
11-17-2008, 01:15 PM
Yeah, and I super glued their feet to stand.

I have a friend/customer with an engraving machine and I am going to have a custom name plate made for this display as well as the others I am going to make for the rest of my figures.

JediTricks
11-21-2008, 05:13 AM
Ok, so I have a little problem here. I have my Animated Obi-Wan piloting the Animated Jedi Starfighter, but the droid that's supposed to pilot it isn't available in the Animated line, and I don't want to leave my R2-D2 in there since he already has a place with my other R2s. For now, I have the non-animated ROTS R4-G9 in there because he's a spare droid I have, I don't own R4-P17. Maybe I'll buy another animated R2-D2.

Ando
11-21-2008, 12:02 PM
Ok, so I have a little problem here. I have my Animated Obi-Wan piloting the Animated Jedi Starfighter, but the droid that's supposed to pilot it isn't available in the Animated line, and I don't want to leave my R2-D2 in there since he already has a place with my other R2s. For now, I have the non-animated ROTS R4-G9 in there because he's a spare droid I have, I don't own R4-P17. Maybe I'll buy another animated R2-D2.

Do you have any of the EE Exclusive Droids?

What about one of the dome top Build a Droids?

JediTricks
11-21-2008, 05:32 PM
I don't have any of the EE droids, they use a bunch of different older bodies which I do own, most if not all of them should fit fine as I just checked the shoulders of several different pre-Saga astromechs and they are all narrower, so that shouldn't be a prob. They may stand too tall though the same way VOTC R2 does.

I have an R7-Z0 dome-top BAD, if that's what you mean, and it doesn't fit at all. Its shoulders are the same width as R4-D6, too wide to fit.

bigbarada
11-22-2008, 09:52 PM
I am finding that with my love of the new animated series, and the look of the figures, I feel no need to seperate the lines in any way. Specifically, I dont need to see "realistic" movie versions of Ahsoka, Anakin or anyone.

To me they found the right look for this line that strays from the blocky animated look of the miniseries figures, while maintaining a pseudo-animated/realistic look. I have actually bought six figures from this line, and havent purchased any of the movie lines in months.

I do segregate my figures. Mainly in the fact that I've packed up and placed 99.9% of my realistic figures in storage and am primarily displaying animated style Clone Wars figures right now.

I only have 4 realistic style figures and two vehicles on display right now. Everything else is from the animated line.:pleased:

jediguy
11-22-2008, 11:08 PM
for me, the movie figures are segregated by episode
then the EU figures are all mixed together
then the original CW realistic have their own shelves

now the CW animated figures have their own shelves

but I do mix the duplicate droids, whatever their source
my goal is to have every sculpt of every droid and every variation for sale by my Jawas

Droids 'R' Us in the name of their store
all of the unused accessories are for sale there as well

I do mix EU imperial figures onto my Death Star, just to keep all the imperials together

so, in short, yes and no

I believe the Ahsoka figure is realistic enough to fit in the realistic line, but she isn't mixed in in my collection

Ando
11-24-2008, 12:05 PM
I don't have any of the EE droids, they use a bunch of different older bodies which I do own, most if not all of them should fit fine as I just checked the shoulders of several different pre-Saga astromechs and they are all narrower, so that shouldn't be a prob. They may stand too tall though the same way VOTC R2 does.

I have an R7-Z0 dome-top BAD, if that's what you mean, and it doesn't fit at all. Its shoulders are the same width as R4-D6, too wide to fit.

I picked this up on Saturday and the droid socket is awesome. I wish Hasbro would make all of their droid sockets like this! My R4-P17 fits perfect inside.

Dark Marble
11-25-2008, 06:01 PM
I have only bought a few of these but they have all ended up going to my kids. My daughter loves Ashoka and keeps her on her nightstand next to the B'Omar Anakin. My son got the Ani, Obi, and Fox figures. So, they are all seperate at this point.

JediTricks
11-30-2008, 06:07 AM
I picked this up on Saturday and the droid socket is awesome. I wish Hasbro would make all of their droid sockets like this! My R4-P17 fits perfect inside.
The ARC-170 could definitely benefit from that design, and a deeper socket to boot. The Naboo Starfighter and Ep 2 Jedi Starfighter wouldn't work at all, no room for the body. The Ep 3 Jedi Starfighter I don't think actually has enough room to do this, but if they redesigned the ship slightly it could work there. I don't think I'd want to see it for the X-wing or Y-wing though as those designs don't have anything hugging the droid shoulders. Oh, but the V-wing Starfighter could DEFINITELY use something like this!

figrin bran
12-08-2008, 01:23 AM
After watching "Cloak of Darkness", I displayed Ahsoka along with ROTS realistic Luminara and animated Ventress. Luminara fits in well with the other two. I should probably stick a treadwell droid in with them.

I've also tried Legacy armored Saesee alongside animated Plo Koon. Legacy Saesee, esp. if you keep the helmet on, could pass for a CW figure, in my opinion.

cookiemonster
12-10-2008, 01:10 PM
I display my Voolvif Monn and Roron Corobb with my Clone Wars figures, and I plan on picking up Coleman Trebor when released next year for this line.

As for segregating them, the anwser to that is most definitely yes, but then I plan on segregating all my figures by movie or whatever, then my G.I. Joes are going to be in another area as well.

Then theres the new Star Trek Figures as well.:thumbsup:

JediTricks
12-18-2008, 05:26 PM
Counting the mail-away Rex, I have 10 figures now, having picked up most of wave 3 yesterday. With those 4 figures I added, it finally feels like a real collection, and it's a little exciting to have a new world of Star Wars to build. They're definitely going to remain segregated, and having put my 3 CW vehicles next to each other, they may also need segregation as the lack of weathering pulls them out of the other line (the JSF and V-19 anyway, the Spider Droid holds up for either).