PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars in Pop Culture

stillakid
11-05-2008, 10:29 PM
I wasn't sure where to put this... I just stumbled on it by accident!

http://corcholat.com/!m9d

Mad Slanted Powers
11-06-2008, 12:31 AM
I love that Star Wars Rocks picture. I'd be interested in hearing what that would sound like.

The X-Wing on the deck of the aircraft carrier looks like it qualifies as an "Epic Fail" on the part of some Rebel pilot.

There were two Star Wars references on Bones tonight. The assistant talked like Yoda at one point, and Booth used the term "Jedi mind trick."

Slicker
11-06-2008, 06:50 AM
Some of those were pretty damn hilarious. For some reason though my favorite picture was the stormtrooper on horseback from the famous Napoleon painting. I saw that and literally LOL'd.

bobafrett
11-06-2008, 05:39 PM
It's interesting to see how many shows and artwork aand other refrence's there are to the world of Star Wars. I loved looking through many of those shots. We are not alone in our love of Star Wars.

LusiferSam
11-07-2008, 08:05 PM
I love that Star Wars Rocks picture. I'd be interested in hearing what that would sound like.

I don't know about that one. Carrie Fisher gave a rather infamous singing performance on the Star Wars Holiday Special. But then again what part of the Holiday Special isn't infamous? I've heard this maybe one of the worst moments of the entire Holiday Special, as well as worst moments ever broadcast on TV. I shutter to think what a Star Wars rock concert would be like.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-08-2008, 01:06 AM
I don't know about that one. Carrie Fisher gave a rather infamous singing performance on the Star Wars Holiday Special. But then again what part of the Holiday Special isn't infamous? I've heard this maybe one of the worst moments of the entire Holiday Special, as well as worst moments ever broadcast on TV. I shutter to think what a Star Wars rock concert would be like.
I wasn't thinking about what the actors actually sound like. I'm just looking at the picture and imagining a sound that I would like.

Chewbacca is back there bashing on the drums, a great shaggy percussionist like Animal.

Han and Luke look pretty cool on the guitars, especially Han leaping up with his v-shaped guitar.

I just noticed C-3PO and R2-D2 in the background, probably adding some cool new wave synth backing to it all.

Leia has this cool punk rock girl look to her.

And standing back there on bass rising above them all is Darth Vader, proclaiming himself and the band to be the Kings (and Queen) of All That Rocks.

I've been listening to theStart a lot lately, so at the moment their song "Shakedown (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um_2FSjXEtk)" seems to fit the picture for me.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-08-2008, 08:55 AM
I'd seen that "SW Rocks" painting before. I liked the AT-AT as dog ones, and I've always thought that Tuskens with the Raiders logo would be cool. I saw those Vader helmets at C4. Vader eating with Stormtroopers as waiters was odd. I've seen the picture of Peter Mayheew sitting down as a stylist worked on his costume, but not getting a buzz cut. That Wookiee-in-full-costume throwing out the first pitch was impressive if it got ANYWHERE near the plate.

JediTricks
11-08-2008, 04:49 PM
The X-Wing on the deck of the aircraft carrier looks like it qualifies as an "Epic Fail" on the part of some Rebel pilot.It's a great photoshopping, but that pilot sucks if he tried to land with his s-foils open. :p

Mad Slanted Powers
11-08-2008, 04:56 PM
It's a great photoshopping, but that pilot sucks if he tried to land with his s-foils open. :p

Indeed. This appears to be the original photo (http://ww2db.com/image.php?image_id=23).

JediTricks
11-08-2008, 05:39 PM
I know the photo, but I don't understand the point you're making there. I don't see anything on that plane suggesting he left landing gear up or any similar mistake, the right flap is down but that's because they're trying to pull the plane back onto the deck by it (and I think that'd cause the plane to drift off the right side of the deck, not the left).

Mad Slanted Powers
11-08-2008, 06:08 PM
The only point I was making was that I was agreeing on the good Photoshopping, and I put up the original picture for reference.

JediTricks
11-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Oh, ok, I thought there was a more thematic point being made as well. They did a good job, but what's funny is the X-wing isn't a movie prop, it seems to be a fan-made thing or something.