PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Actress

SithDroid
02-18-2002, 11:43 PM
Along with the Favorite Actor Thread I thought I'd start a Favorite Actress one.

Who are your favorite Actresses?

1. Angelina Jolie - A bit weird, but a great actress. Gia, Tomb Raider, Girl Interrupted, etc..

2. Jodie Foster - I have always liked her work and she always does an amazing job. Maverick, Anna and the King, etc....

3. Helen Hunt - Has come a long way the past few years. Castaway, Pay It Forward, As Good As It Gets

4. Gwyneth Paltrow - A great actress. Shakepeare in Love, Duets, Seven, The Royal Tennenbaums, Bounce, The Talented Mr. Ripley, etc...

5. Cate Blanchett - Fairly new, but still great. LOTR, Elizabeth, The Talented Mr. Ripley, etc....

Who are your favorites and why?

ConvergeDW
02-19-2002, 12:34 AM
1.Meg Ryan: because she is fantastic
2.Kirsten Dunst: she does some crap, but she is also fantastic
3. Gwyneth Paltrow: Her head is cut off at the end of Seven, The Tenenbaums was great

Boba Rhett
02-19-2002, 12:41 AM
Elijah Wood.

Wait a minute.... :sur:

master jedi
02-19-2002, 03:32 PM
Orlando Bloom. He's the guy who played Legolas.(You know, the pretty one.):)

Jek Porky 2002
02-19-2002, 04:22 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Cameron Diaz

Jek Porky 2002
02-19-2002, 04:30 PM
In all seriousness

1. Cameron Diaz
2. Drew Barrymore
3. Laura Dern

PloKoon2385
02-21-2002, 12:26 PM
um.........

- Sandra Bullock, I dunno why
- Laura Dern (good call)
- Julianne Moore
- Helen Hunt is pretty good
- Judi Dench (good job as M, IMO)
- Natalie Portman

Darth Rage
02-26-2002, 05:40 PM
Cate because she's the prettiest

Darth Rage
02-26-2002, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by master jedi
Orlando Bloom. He's the guy who played Legolas.(You know, the pretty one.):)

and he was the first one to get injured/killed? in Black Hawk Down

Pendo
02-27-2002, 10:34 AM
I haven't really thought about my favourite actress. I don't really judge female actors on how well they act...:crazed:
But for what I do judge for I would have to say
Sarah Michelle Geller,
Shannon Elizabeth,
Jennifer Aniston (getting on a bit now but who cares...),
Carmen Electra,
that's all I can think of right now.

PENDO!

P.S. I'm not the only one who judges actress' on their looks am I?

JetsAndHeels
02-27-2002, 10:50 AM
No, youre not the only one Pendo.
My favorite actresses:
-Natalie Portman
-Sharon Stone
-Denise Richards
-Jennifer Love Hewitt
-Kristen Kreuk (from Smallville)
-I dont know her name, but the mom on Fox's "Grounded For Life". She is HOT!!

Admiral LSD
02-27-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by SithDroid
4. Gwyneth Paltrow - A great actress. Shakepeare in Love, Duets, Seven, The Royal Tennenbaums, Bounce, The Talented Mr. Ripley, etc...

Never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever use "Gwyneth Paltrow" and "actress" in the same sentence.

On a completely unrelated note whoever told her she could sing needs to be taken out and shot, preferably in public and preferably videotaped so I can watch it again and again.

Lobito
02-27-2002, 11:20 AM
Funny that Julia Roberts is not in the list so far...Now lets see:

My favorite actress...Some years back considering the looks would have been Sharon Stone, Madeleine Stowe and perhaps Nicole Kidman, now Sharon and Nicole have that unfriendly and mysterious look, but i liked that.:evil:

As for acting...

Well pick one of all the lists typed here.:cool::D :)

SithDroid
02-27-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Pendo

Sarah Michelle Geller, Shannon Elizabeth, Jennifer Aniston (getting on a bit now but who cares...), Carmen Electra,

I hope that you are joking. These would have to top the 10 worst actresses IMO. Just because they're hot, doesn't mean they can act.

Pendo
02-28-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by SithDroid
I hope that you are joking. These would have to top the 10 worst actresses IMO. Just because they're hot, doesn't mean they can act.

Your point being...
Besides I did not say they could act.

Originally posted by Pendo
I don't really judge female actors on how well they act...

PENDO!

SithDroid
02-28-2002, 09:38 PM
I don't really judge female actors on how well they act...

I do. If I want to look at something pretty I'd buy a Victoria Secrets Catalog.:D :crazed:

Brave Sir Robin
03-01-2002, 11:33 AM
Why hasn't anyone mentioned the lovely Winnona Ryder yet? She's been in some excellent movies (Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice, Bram Stoker's Dracula)

Michelle Pfiffer (The one and only Catwoman! I don't know about you miss kitty but I feel so much yummier!" And Ladyhawke was great too)

Carrie Anne Moss (The Matrix was awesome, Choclat was great too and even Red Planet was ok)

That lady who plays M (I can't remember her name for the life of me, but she's an incredible actress)

Julia Roberts. Even though she's been in a lot of crap (Pretty Woman, My Best Friend's Wedding) I did like some of the stuff she was in (Notting Hill, Dying Young) and she is a good actress.

Pendo
03-01-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Brave Sir Robin
That lady who plays M (I can't remember her name for the life of me, but she's an incredible actress)

Dame Judi Dench plays M in Bond. And I agree, she is an incredible actress.

There, you happy SithDroid!!!!! I said I like an actress for the way she acts!!!!!

PENDO!

SithDroid
03-01-2002, 01:40 PM
Unless you're attracted to older women.:D :crazed: :D

Tycho
03-02-2002, 03:29 AM
Gotta jump on this one (if you pardon the expression!)

If you really want to see fine, fine acting - Star Trek fans know that there are some talented ladies in the cast (no, not large-breasted Borgs, I said talented ladies playing challenging roles).

I guess when I look at an actress, I look for someone who has talent acting - their trade. I'll get to who's hot as a supermodel or whatever in a minute.

But hands down, Nana Vistor (Major / Colonel Kira Nerys) from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine has had some of the most challenging roles for any female actress I have seen!

She has dealt with being a refugee forced into a concentration camp, to becoming a terrorist assassin and a revolutionary. She has dealt with a forced pregnancy, being stripped of her religious faith, being forced to serve as a military advisor to a people that butchered her own (the Cardassians) to prevent a greater evil from taking power (The Dominion), and she dealt with the rape of her mother, the chance to kill the man who murdered her people and was the cause for the death of her father (Gul Dukat, indirectly on the latter part), and she served as First Officer to a Starfleet crew when she probably hated Starfleet more than most non-Trek fans do (the character, not the actress).

Even amongst Trek fans, Captain Janeway does not measure up, neither does B'Ellana Torres, my pick for the sexiest chic on Star Trek, my runner-up being Deanna Troi of course. But acting? Watch Nana Visitor on Deep Space Nine if you want to see acting!

And in a category up there with Nana should be Sigourney Weaver for Lt. Hellen Ripley in the Alien Series, and though not what I'd say is "my type" of woman, but a fine actress, is Linda Hamilton from The Terminator films!

Now who's hot? Denise Richards, Kristen Kruek (from Smallville), Allison Mack (from Smallville), Jennifer Love Hewitt, Jessica Alba from Dark Angel, and wow is Shannon Elizabeth! I also like Alyssa Milano, and Shannon Doherty (I love her bad girl attitude!)

I'm sure there are more hotties, and some of these girls actually can act.

But those of you who haven't really watched Trek have got to see Nana in action (Major Kira). And those of you who do, should know that Kira doesn't need the Defiant to run circles around Voyager, but she would!