PDA

View Full Version : New Rumoured Titanium Ships

Darth Duranium
11-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Dan Curto of Rebelscum has scooped everyone again (he must be part-Bothan) and has provided a list of upcoming rumoured ships:

New Tools
-Twilight
-Republic Attack Shuttle (confirmed as NU class from CW)
-Neimodian Shuttle
-Gold Squadron Y-Wing (likely from CW)

Repaints/Retreads
-Rogue Squadron TIE Fighter (repaint?!? why is this in here?)
-Clone Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter (repaint)
-X-Wing Fighter (another repaint?)
-Clone Wars ARC-170 (another repaint?)
-Anakin Skywalker's Jedi Starfighter (repaint?!? why is this in here?)
-Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter (repaint?)

A few new tools announced in there... look like more of the same repaint overload from Hasbro. How very "meaningful". And we've been waiting for a bunch of these since the Q&A's... we were told many were due this year. Sigh.

The only drawback to starfighters in the TS is the ridiculous number of repaints they shovel out.

I am pretty stoked about the Neimodian Shuttle... wanted one of those for a long time. I'll be glad to see a CW Y-Wing, Twilight, and Attack Shuttle, too.

LTBasker
11-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Geez, they really use those Jedi Starfighters way too much. The only JSF repaint(s) that I would be okay with at this point would be a Mace-purple AOTC-style JSF and an Aayla ROTS-style JSF. I suppose they'll be making the CW-style Jedi Starfighters though, with the astromech socket in the center and will release those in all the contrived flavors.

Of course, it's even worse that they want to release the ROTS-style JSF with the hyperdrive ring, meaning yet again they'll have a reason to cycle through the various schemes. Insanely annoying.

The ARC-170 repaints are even worse though, it's a fascinating ship and it was awesome on it's first release, BUT it's far too boring of a ship to repaint! Considering the only thing it does is that it's canopy raises to reveal just a flat surface, it is NOT a good ship to keep rereleasing in not just made-up color schemes, but boring ones as well. Green with a few stripes? [i]Really?[i/] That's the best they could think of?

I just wish they would stick to reasonable repaints, such as;
-Mace Windu AOTC-style JSF
-Aayla Secura's ROTS-style JSF (apparently planned)
-Red 6 X-Wing
-Red Leader X-Wing
-"Stealth/Shadow" Speederbike w/ Scout Trooper
-Rebel "Gian" Speeder (Battlefront) (mold exists from TPM Die-cast line)
-Imperial TX-130 Tank (Battlefront)
-Vulture Droid (TPM scheme)

Battle Droid
11-07-2008, 07:59 AM
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS35250G

1x Rogue Squadron TIE Fighter
1x Anakin Skywalker's Jedi Starfighter (Clone Wars)
1x Twilight
1x Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter (Clone Wars)
1x Gold Squadron Gold 1 Y-Wing Fighter
1x X-Wing Fighter Red 1
1x ARC-170 Fighter (Clone Wars)
1x Anakin Skywalker's Jedi Starfighter with hyperspace ring
1x Republic Attack Shuttle
1x Nemoidian Shuttle
2x Prince Xizor's Virago

Nightside
11-07-2008, 02:28 PM
The Virago, really? I'll believe it when I see it but that would be fantastic.

Looking forward to the attack shuttle, too.

On an unrelated note: Anyone know why the droid socket was moved for the Clone Wars Jedi fighters? Was it done to allow R2-D2 to fit in Anakin's fighter (rather than a built-in droid)?

Darth Duranium
11-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Yes! The Virago! Strange that it wasn't mentioned by Curto yesterday... Bothan transmission issues, I guess.

Anyhoo, I'd love to have a TS version... can't wait. I always liked the design of that ship... and both the AF and WOTC versions are kewl. The pinkish WOTC version is just slightly smaller than TS scale but it still rocks. Wonder which colour they'll go with?

Y'know LT, I'm just so fed up with almost all of the starfighter repaints... I really could live without any more... though I wouldn't mind a ROTS JSF with hyperspace ring. I just don't need 12 versions of it though.

I'd expect that we'll see the Gian Speeder re-released... and I think we'll see the TX-130 again as a repaint. You know there'll be scads of X-Wings, speederbikes, and JSFs... endless uninspired repaints, ad nauseum, ad infinitum.

And I'm still fracked off about the Basestar. Grrr.:sad: The Virago does cheer me up a bit, though.:yes:

Nightside, here's what Wookiepedia says about the Delta 7B:

The main difference between the Delta-7B and its predecessor, the Delta-7, was an enlarged center hull that allowed for an astromech droid station in front of the cockpit, rather than to the side of the cockpit. The laser cannons, which were reduced to a single pair, were also raised above the ship. Plo Koon also flew a Delta-7B. Ahsoka Tano, also flies a Red and White Delta-7B. Anakin Skywalker flew at least one yellow and gray Delta-7B that was destroyed.

Still doesn't say why you'd want a droid mounted in the centre... I'd guess it's to keep buzz droids off the hull (and blind the pilot).

Darth Windu
11-07-2008, 08:11 PM
It's so that the droid can come out - think of it as a step in between the more common AotC and RotS starfighters. After all although the original Delta-7 had an advantage in that you didn't have to worry about bringing a droid - it was already there - you couldn't take it with you on missions. On the other hand the Delta-7B has the removable droid, but you have to make sure you can get one.

Oh I had a thought too - I wonder if Hasbro is going to repaint the Virago and call it a 'Basilisk War Droid' from KotOR2? :)

JediTricks
11-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Nice new stuff. Virago is great news, and there are some other nifty entries there. Republic Attack Shuttle and CW Y-wing are really exciting as well.

Don't be so concerned about the reissues & repaints, they are a necessary part of the line to keep casual collector interest going which in turns keeps the whole line going. I'll admit they overdo it on this line, but I understand why.

The TX-130 has a couple justifiable repaints. In SW Battlefront, it's a Republic craft and an Imperial one.

Moving the droid socket almost assuredly was to get R2-D2 into more stories.

Darth Duranium
11-13-2008, 04:29 PM
It's so that the droid can come out...

Y'know, I'd never given it much thought :) ...always assumed that the droid was in a slot and there was some way to pop it outta there.

Erm, duh.

This is especially lame considering that I built and painted the Finemolds model version of the ship!

Mmm.... much more have I to learn from the Force...

DarkArtist
11-17-2008, 11:28 AM
found this on EE today. it shows the CW starfighter and as well as the Rebel TIE Fighter

JediTricks
11-21-2008, 04:06 AM
Hey, look at that, Z-95 Headhunter in Hasbro photos!

Battle Droid
12-13-2008, 02:29 PM
New PICS!

http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=11456

Darth Duranium
12-13-2008, 02:34 PM
Nice one Battle Droid... just beat me to it!

I've reposted the Jedi Insider pics here, so we can jabber about 'em.

They went with the pink Virago... similar to the WOTC one, except apparently, it only flies in reverse.

A blue Twilight... well, ok. Looks tiny but I'm good with it. They should use a taller stand, though.

That 3rd ship was announced by J.I. and Hasbro as a Republic Attack Shuttle but it's really the IG-2000!!!! Kewl! Iggy 88 lives! Wonder if we're getting the Hound's Tooth or if this is what Hasbro was hinting at in the Q & A's.

The Delta 7-B JSF's ok... much better paint than the first one.

The gnarled "Gold Squadron" Y-Wing is dullsville, IMHO. Sadly, no new CW tool.

Darth Duranium
12-13-2008, 02:35 PM
Here's the rest...

Wow... an X-Wing, ARC, and JSF... how thoughtful. Nice fit on the X-Wing's canopy... not. I hope Red Leader wore his longjohns.

At least the JSF's a new tool... wonder if the ship'll be smaller (hope not). I do like the Hyperspace Ring and the paint.

The Neimoidian Shuttle looks great! Extremely pleased. I hope the legs retract...

RJarvis
12-13-2008, 03:42 PM
is it me, or does the Virago look like it was assembled backwards? and the IG2000 looks amazing! Hasnot hit a homerun with this lineup IMHO

Ross W. Jarvis

Darth Duranium
12-13-2008, 04:04 PM
Nope, the Virago's just displayed backwards on the stand, with its guns pointed backwards.

Yeah, it's a pretty good lineup. Now, where's that Attack Shuttle?

Nightside
12-13-2008, 05:22 PM
That stuff looks great! Can't wait for the Virago, IG-2000, Twilight, and Neimoidian Shuttle.

It'll be interesting to see if the ROTS JSF with Hyperspace ring is a smaller tool.

Blue2th
12-14-2008, 11:20 AM
I'll be buying the new dies for sure. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
12-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Nice finds!

The Virago isn't just flying backwards, the wings are assembled upside-down. Hopefully the paint will be better too, though why it should be anything other than dark gray is beyond me.

The Twilight looks really weird in blue, and its physical appearance is kinda dull in real life, but good to have it.

IG-2000!!! IG-2000!!! I never in a million years thought they'd do this! Loses a little of its sleekness in real life, but still very cool.

Obi-Wan's CW JSF looks a'ight, better than the yellow one.

Red Leader's X-wing, that's nice. I'm sure I don't care, but at least casual collectors still have access to this, the Y-wing, and the ARC-170.

Hey look, we're finally getting our ROTS JSF with Hyperdrive Ring. Granted, it's in stupid Anakin colors, but better than nuthin'.

Neimoidian Shuttle, didn't see that coming. Sculpt looks spot-on, paint too.

Darth Duranium
12-14-2008, 05:35 PM
The Virago isn't just flying backwards, the wings are assembled upside-down. Hopefully the paint will be better too, though why it should be anything other than dark gray is beyond me.

:laugh: Y'know, after another look, you guys are right... the curve of the wings is all wrong. They are reversed, in addition to the flying backwards issues. Hilarious!

That Virago has got to be the most messed-up photo sample of a Titanium I've ever seen. Xizor would be most displeased. I'm just curious as what the frickin' cockpit looks like!

I'm with you, JT... pink sucks... the AF colouring is just fine by me. One of AF's best ships, IMO.

Looks like that "CW" ARC-170 has nose art... or does it? Or is it dependent on the wave it came in?

Still though, it's a damned solid wave... best in ages.

jonthejedi
12-15-2008, 04:42 AM
Was Sebulba's podracer ever released. I had pix listing it as 2008 wave 4. I never saw it?

Darth Metalmute
12-15-2008, 09:52 AM
It looks like the jedi star fighter with hyperspace ring is smaller and the wings look like they don't open. Kind of pointless if thats the case.

The Virago wings look like they will be plastic instead of metal. you can see the joints in the metal where the plastic wings fit. That must be how it was assembled wrong. Hopefully the shell case will protect the wings better than the TIE Defender ones.

The twilight looks as if someone painted it blue after production. The paint isn't even and grey can be seen through the blue at the details.

Jangu Fett
12-15-2008, 10:41 AM
IG-200 is sweet, aside from it facing the wrong way. Hopefully we're get the Mist Hunter, Punishing One, Hound's Tooth, Slave-II and Jaster's Legacy.

Neimoidian Shuttle is cool, although it looks alittle small. Not a problem for me.

I love the Twilight, from the series. But what is with all that blue coloring???? Maybe it's me, I don't remember it from the movie or any of the cartoons, were it nearly completely blue. Hope the final produce doesn't look like that. If it does??? I still, might pick it up. I can't wait to see the "Shadow" Twilight :thumbsup:(we all know it's coming). That would be a must have for me.

What's next??? The SSD Eclipse done all white? No, all purple?.?.

What in the Star Wars Universe was Hasbro thinking when they did the Virago???? Ok, yeah it facing the wrong way. There is always one placed on the stand backwards. But this??? The wings are angled backwards. Hopefully the guns are on a swivel. The Wings can be fixed, but still?.?.?. That's pretty disappointing to see.

I'll most likely get those 4, all the repaints are easy passes.

Nightside
12-15-2008, 03:29 PM
IG-200 is sweet, aside from it facing the wrong way.

That brings up an interesting question... Exactly which end of the IG-2000 is the front?

It looks correct to me in the pic as I always thought the "arms" pointed forward.

But, the Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels says the other end is the front. (I've never been a huge fan of the schematics in that book, though.)

So which is it? I hope the Guide is wrong as I think the ship looks much more menacing if the arms are in fact pointing forward. Something almost scorpion-like about it.

LTBasker
12-15-2008, 03:43 PM
Virago - WTF? Does nobody there have the Galoob AF or micro to go on? The purple highlights are bizarre, I preferred Galoob's one color version. Leave the WHOA-ness up to the design.

Twilight - This really makes me think of something that should simply have been some random ship in the background of a game.

IG-2000 - Sweet mercy! It's absolutely shocking we could possibly get this and it looks great!

CW JSF - I just can't get used to this design, it looks too much like it belongs to Galactic Heroes.

Y-Wing - If Hasbro insists on making Y-Wings for every bloody Power Ranger then they may as well make them able to join into a MegaZord.

X-Wing - Despite being nothing more than a re-paint that leaves out a stripe or two, the X-wing sculpt is too decent to really not like. If this were the old sculpt then it'd be insanely obnoxious.

ARC-170 - Can we just get a slightly bigger one with raising/lowering quad wings and some actual details to see when you raise the canopy?

ROTS JSF - The yellow! My retinas! The pain!

Neimodian Shuttle - Nifty, but tiny. At least we may be able to expect a Coruscant taxi as a retool from it?

Jangu Fett
12-15-2008, 03:45 PM
Sorry to dissapiont, the guide is correct. And in the photo you can see the engine, that little light blue circle at the bottom. As for the "wings" I think they can rotate and stretch out. Don't know if you can move them on the Titanium, though. If so, you can still give it that scorpion look.;)

Jangu Fett
12-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Y-Wing - If Hasbro insists on making Y-Wings for every bloody Power Ranger then they may as well make them able to join into a MegaZord.

lollollollol That's hilarious, I was thinking the same thing. lollollollol

JediTricks
12-15-2008, 05:48 PM
It does look like the ARC-170 has nose art.

The Virago wings look like they will be plastic instead of metal. you can see the joints in the metal where the plastic wings fit. That must be how it was assembled wrong. Hopefully the shell case will protect the wings better than the TIE Defender ones.I'm sure the wings are plastic, but what you're seeing in that photo isn't joints, the Hasbro photo unit regularly gets semi-assembled products they have to keep together for a photo shoot, so they put this thick clear glue in place. It can be pretty heinous. Since these wings are thicker, I'm sure there won't be as much warping as the TIE Defender.

The twilight looks as if someone painted it blue after production. The paint isn't even and grey can be seen through the blue at the details.The ship is worn, it's supposed to look worn. And the CGI model's base color IS blue, just not as deep blue as that.

What in the Star Wars Universe was Hasbro thinking when they did the Virago???? Ok, yeah it facing the wrong way. There is always one placed on the stand backwards. But this??? The wings are angled backwards. Hopefully the guns are on a swivel. The Wings can be fixed, but still?.?.?. That's pretty disappointing to see.
Lucasfilm wouldn't let them sell it that misassembled, you'll see corrected Hasbro photography on it soon enough.

That brings up an interesting question... Exactly which end of the IG-2000 is the front?

It looks correct to me in the pic as I always thought the "arms" pointed forward.

But, the Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels says the other end is the front. (I've never been a huge fan of the schematics in that book, though.)

So which is it? I hope the Guide is wrong as I think the ship looks much more menacing if the arms are in fact pointing forward. Something almost scorpion-like about it.Face the toy however you want then. But the cockpit is between the mandibles, so the arms are supposed to face back.

Y-Wing - If Hasbro insists on making Y-Wings for every bloody Power Ranger then they may as well make them able to join into a MegaZord.Yeah, look at those wacky colors on this Y-wing!!! :crazed: That's the movie deco folks, it's what was used for the films.

LTBasker
12-15-2008, 07:33 PM
It was just sarcasm in a kneejerk reaction, I'm just really bored of seeing the Y-wing. They should've done the yellow one sooner and skipped the green version that's in stores now.

Jangu Fett
12-15-2008, 09:10 PM
Picture of the Republic Nu-Class shuttle - http://www.rebelscum.com/2008/TS09repattackshuttle2.jpg

Better and bigger pics of the other new molds. Not IG-2000 though.

Niemoidian Shuttle - http://www.rebelscum.com/2008/TS09neimoidianshuttle2.jpg

Twilight - http://www.rebelscum.com/2008/TS09twilight2.jpg

And the 'New" Flaming Wampa Arc - http://www.rebelscum.com/2008/TS09arcwampa2.jpg

cloneemperor
12-15-2008, 11:15 PM
No new pic there for the Virago either.

JediTricks
12-16-2008, 03:14 PM
They must be in different waves. Steve put up carded pics:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=3&p17_sectionid=329

Darth Duranium
12-16-2008, 09:08 PM
JediTricks: They must be in different waves.

I thought that "wave" from JI might be too good to be true. It was. Thanks to Steve-O for the pics.

Well, the NU-Class Shuttle's pretty good... if a little runt-sized. I guess it's sorta scaled to the Lambda then.

Is it just me or is Hasbro's paint starting to get a bit sloppier, in terms of its application? I'm thinking it is... what do you guys think?

LTBasker: I'm just really bored of seeing the Y-wing.

Couldn't agree more, LT. They shoulda done a CW tool.

As for the X-Wing, it's not that I dislike the new tool, I'm just annoyed that I already have about 7 of the old tool... and they all suck in comparison. Especially the puked-on Dagobah one and the skid-mark brown one. I guess the old ones will be boxed soon enough as the new squadron fills out. (Mumble, mumble) Frackin' Hasbro...

I'm starting to like the brightly coloured TS ships a lot more... they look great on the shelf, IMO. Even the Hotrod JSF, onto which I originally cast great scorn.

LTBasker: Neimoidian Shuttle - Nifty, but tiny.

I agree... a shame. The Twilight's a bit bigger than I thought, though.
Opening S-Foils on the ARC would be be kewl... it's a bit of a stiff.

Nightside: That brings up an interesting question... Exactly which end of the IG-2000 is the front?

Nice one, Nightside... noone here caught that. :) Yep, it's flyin' backwards on the stand. Something didn't seem quite right! Pic below.

Jangu Fett: And the 'New" Flaming Wampa Arc...

Flaming Wampa? Puh-leeze, Hasbro. Sounds like a venereal disease from The Congo or somethin'...

Ockham's Razor: Clearly, the TS Virago was re-assembled by stoned aliens without blueprints.:cross-eye

Nightside
12-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Nightside: That brings up an interesting question... Exactly which end of the IG-2000 is the front?

Nice one, Nightside... noone here caught that. Yep, it's flyin' backwards on the stand. Something didn't seem quite right! Pic below.

Actually DT, Jangu Fett made a reference to the IG-2000 facing the wrong way, which prompted me to ask the question about which end is the front.

Continuing on that topic, I maintain that it is facing the right way in the pic. I'm basing my claim on the original designs, not what it says in "The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels" (or any of the multitude of internet sources that cite the book). Here's my case...

In "The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire" there are several sketches of the IG-2000 in development (pp. 180 and 181). Anyway, the first sketch, by Kilian Plunkett, clearly shows an arrow indicating the direction of flight. The Plunkett version was refined by Doug Chiang into the final version. (Scans of the sketches here http://www.flickr.com/photos/33474029@N05/)

So, based on the initial design sketches, I think the Titanium is facing the right way, and that the information in "The Essential Guide" is incorrect. At any rate, that's how I'm going to display it when I get my hands on one.

JediTricks
12-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Based on the original sketches, the X-wing should either have 2 less wings a la the Z-95 Headhunter or the wings should be split wide open like a real "X" shape. The Droid Starfighter should be a saucer with 2 cockpits. The Naboo Fighter should be an oval with 2 large cannons on a ring at the front. The Falcon should be the TPM Republic Cruiser. The TIE Fighter's wings should be horizontal. And the Sandcrawler should be the cockpit of the Y-wing. :p Even to this day, people and even licensees get the Juggernaut wrong, having the "neck" part at the front when that's the rear.

Anyway, I don't remember it facing that way in the SOTE comic, and on the cover of Battle of the Bounty Hunters (an offshoot of the SOTE comic) it's clearly facing the way that is shown in the Essential Guide: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Battlebountyhunters.jpg
(those are jet flames coming out of the back, it's running from Slave I)

Jangu Fett
12-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Well, JT technically there is no front or rear on the Juggarnaut. Seeing as it can be piloted from both sides. And yes, all tech specs do say that the "neck" should be the rear, I think it's a moot point. Again, because it can have a driver at boths sides. I guess it would be up to the raking officer to decide which is the front end.;) I believe the vehicle guide states that even ground forces argue which is the true front end or the vehicle. But let's not go into that dead-end arguement.

As for the IG-2000, yes the concept design shows that it should have been flown in "reverse". But, then why would the designer put the canopy facing backwards? It's not like the cockpit rises above the engine block, to see over. The cockpit area is actually sunk in between the mandibiles.

LTBasker
12-19-2008, 09:28 PM
Fortunately, unlike the TIE Defender it won't be permanently attached to it's stand, so the buyer can just display it any which way they want to. We're getting an awesome looking ship that has only been made once before as an itty bitty (but awesome) micro-machine. That's what matters. :D

Jangu Fett
12-19-2008, 10:26 PM
That's true. Reguardless of how it supposed to fly, it does looks sweet. Now, I hope we see more EU ships. Or even more SOTE ships, like Guri's Stinger and Bossk's Hound's Tooth. We are "supposed" to see the Outrider, this year. Right???

Darth Duranium
12-19-2008, 11:02 PM
Actually DT, Jangu Fett made a reference to the IG-2000 facing the wrong way, which prompted me to ask the question about which end is the front.

Ah so, Nightside-san. Mad props to Jangu, then. Knows his IG series ships. :)

I'd always thought that the IG-2000 flew in the way that it's displayed on the stand... hell, Wookieepedia's pic (below) seems to indicate it.

Their other pic shows it the other way.

I gotta say that I have to side with JT's argument (that the final EG canon ship configuration is correct) and I'll probably display it that way (mandibles at front), unless it looks stupid.

Anyhoo, nice that you can display it any way you like... so long as the hole is well centred. Should be fine.

Anyone else think the (correct-flying) IG-2000 looks like a Spinner from Blade Runner with extra side arms... maybe a Spinner towtruck?

I've got my TS Juggernauts with the "necks" at the back... just cuz that's how they appear in Ep. III.

The official SW site says, "The tank has two cockpits -- one at the front and one at the rear -- operated by tandem crews, allowing it to roll forward or backwards without the need to turn."

So, it has an official front and a rear, and a forward and backwards, in addition to 2 cockpits. It's probably designed to be deadliest going front forward, I'd think.

I liked the ranking officer argument, though.

Maybe there's a trooper rock-paper-scissors equivilent to decide which end gets to drive.

Darth Duranium
12-29-2008, 08:59 PM
Wrong way? Hmmm....

Darth Duranium
01-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Looks like EE's shipping wave 7 in March with both Delta 7-Bs and the Hyper Ringed ETA, the Virago, the Twilight, and the NU Shuttle... but no IG-2000 yet, no matter how you display it. Damned good wave.

LTBasker
01-03-2009, 03:20 AM
Looks like a pretty decent assortment, I just hope to be able to find'em.

Wrong way? Hmmm....

Guri's ship is obviously about to crash, so the IG-2000 is simply being smarter than IG-88 and getting the heck out of there. :p

Darth Duranium
01-06-2009, 12:04 AM
Just when you thought it was safe to avoid paying your gambling debts, the IG-2000's back! Guess he's no smarter than IG-88, LT.

Looks like there are gonna be 2 new ships... in a wave revision!!!... the IG and the BARC Speeder. Not sure if anyone's riding the speederbike... it'd be a first if it was empty.
Could be more repaints in there, too.

From EE:

This Wave 7 Revision 2 case includes the following 12 individually packaged vehicles:
1x Kit Fisto Jedi Starfighter with hyperspace ring
1x Z-95 Starfighter
1x V-19 Torrent Starfighter
1x Neimoidian Shuttle
1x Twilight
1x Republic Attack Shuttle
1x Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter (Clone Wars)
2x Prince Xizor's Virago
2x IG 2000
1x Barc Speeder
(subject to change)

Subject to change? Understatement of the year.

JediTricks
01-06-2009, 02:22 AM
Ok, this is clearly trying to be super awesome.

Have they done the BARC Speeder yet as a TS? I don't remember it being done.

Darth Windu
01-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Nope, it's only ever been done in Hasbro's very short-lived Micro...something (their version of Micro Machines).

clone157
01-06-2009, 11:04 PM
For the IG-2000, cockpit placement really wouldn't matter as the pilot doesn't need to actually "see" where it is going as it is an android at the wheel. He could just fly by sensors. I always thought that the circle represented the thrust exhaust port. When are we going to see more Capital Ships? I want to see Banking and Techno Union Frigates. How about a Malevolence? I've got more snub fighters than I can fit on a shelf, but only 3 large vessels. We also need one of the EP2 Star Destroyers. They could even rerelease it with the red highlights like Anakin's from the animated series.:yes:

Darth Windu
01-07-2009, 05:29 AM
When are we going to see more Capital Ships? I want to see Banking and Techno Union Frigates. How about a Malevolence? I've got more snub fighters than I can fit on a shelf, but only 3 large vessels. We also need one of the EP2 Star Destroyers. They could even rerelease it with the red highlights like Anakin's from the animated series.:yes:
If you want to know, go to the current Hasbro Questions thread (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=39622) and vote for question 17!

Darth Duranium
01-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Nope, it's only ever been done in Hasbro's very short-lived Micro...something (their version of Micro Machines).

There's a Wizards of the Coast version, too... it's a Barc speederbike with a Clone on it, and it's spot-on for Titanium scale. I've got one... it's pretty good, except for the enormous stand.

I imagine that the Titanium will be similar... unless they go the lame Atlas route and do it without a rider.

JediTricks
01-09-2009, 05:07 PM
I don't like having dedicated riders on these, that's why I only bought 1 speederbike.

Darth Duranium
01-09-2009, 05:56 PM
JT, you like a pilot in the cockpit but you don't like a rider on a speederbike? I'm confused...:)

JediTricks
01-09-2009, 07:21 PM
I generally don't like pilots in the cockpits either, I argued against them.

Darth Windu
01-09-2009, 10:02 PM
That's why I'd prefer to see removable pilots/riders for all those sorts of vehicles, but if I had to choose I muc,h much prefer having the rider/pilot in there.

JediTricks
01-13-2009, 06:11 PM
I'd prefer removable pilots, the 6" Falcon is cooler for having a crew in the cockpit, but since they're a choking hazard, they're less likely. Most of the time, I'd prefer no dedicated pilot over having one.

Darth Duranium
01-14-2009, 04:25 PM
That's why I'd prefer to see removable pilots/riders for all those sorts of vehicles, but if I had to choose I much, much prefer having the rider/pilot in there.

I'm with you, DW... an empty cockpit leaves me cold. It's more of an issue with the AF and Ultra size than the Titanium scale though, IMHO.

JT, I agree, the Ultra Falcon's cockpit was indeed great... surprisingly detailed for its scale and price. BTW, I thought you were a proponent of figs in cockpits... I must be mixing you up with someone else.

Y'know, if you don't put your toys in your mouth, there's a lesser chance of you chokin' on the figs, JT.:)

Personally, I think that open air vehicles (speederbikes, speeders etc.) look much better with a rider or pilot, if they're in scale with the vehicle. Scaled figures were a bit of an issue with some of the AF ships: integrating them sometimes compromised the ship designs too much, IMO. I can think of the AF Tyderium as a prime example...

Not having a rider, the Atlas version of the BARC speeder just looks like a fancy can-opener or a swizzle stick or something...:) You can't really tell its scale or purpose, unless you already know what it is.

Darth Windu
01-14-2009, 10:38 PM
Well most of the Titanium ships and whatnot are fine, but I find the RotS Jedi Interceptor to be a vehicle in glaring need of a pilot. I mena it's a great piece, but it's just so blatant that there's nothing in the cockpit it seems...odd.

JediTricks
01-19-2009, 07:03 PM
I'm not even going to comment on that choking hazard joke, you should be ashamed. :p

If you can't tell what it is without a rider, then it sucks. The BARC speeder... it sucks.

The ROTS JSF does need something going on in the cockpit, that situation is unacceptably blank inside.

Jangu Fett
01-19-2009, 07:41 PM
It's about time Hasbro did the BARC speeder. I might have to get a couple, reguardless, of if it has a rider/pilot or not. Personally I hope it does have a rider/pilot. Hopefully we'll all see a Republic High-Altitude Entry Transport-221 Gunboat. One of these, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/High-Altitude_Entry_Transport-221

Wonder how long it will take Hasbro to release the Shadow BARC Speeder??? You know it's going to happen. And speeching of repaints, well, I guess it would be a new mold. I would like to see a armed Sep. Shuttle, like the one Ani and Obi-Wan used to chase Dooku. Here's a pichttp://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/8/81/Armed_Sheathipede_variant.jpg

Darth Duranium
01-20-2009, 12:28 PM
I'm not even going to comment on that choking hazard joke, you should be ashamed. :p

Tee hee hee, JT... just couldn't resist the temptation... you left yourself wide open for that one!!!:yes: So to speak...

That Neimoidian shuttle repaint looks kewl, Jangu. Wouldn't mind one at all...

The HAET-221 is wicked... I don't remember even seeing one in ROTS. Must be from the Battle of Kashyyyk?

JediTricks
01-23-2009, 07:04 PM
BARC Speeder is confirmed, there's a pic, it has a dude.

Obsession is Nute
01-24-2009, 02:00 AM

Continuing on that topic, I maintain that it is facing the right way in the pic. I'm basing my claim on the original designs, not what it says in "The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels" (or any of the multitude of internet sources that cite the book). Here's my case...

In "The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire" there are several sketches of the IG-2000 in development (pp. 180 and 181). Anyway, the first sketch, by Kilian Plunkett, clearly shows an arrow indicating the direction of flight. The Plunkett version was refined by Doug Chiang into the final version. (Scans of the sketches here http://www.flickr.com/photos/33474029@N05/)

So, based on the initial design sketches, I think the Titanium is facing the right way, and that the information in "The Essential Guide" is incorrect. At any rate, that's how I'm going to display it when I get my hands on one.

I have to disagree with you. Not only does the essential guidebook explain otherwise, but in the SOTE comics, it shows IG-2000 in action, and the lasers are pointed the other way, the engine opposite of the lasers. It doesn't make sense the other way. IG-2000 is supposed to be bristeling with weaponry. Aside from the engine itself, that side of the ship has no place for the lasers.

Nightside
01-24-2009, 03:54 PM
I have to disagree with you. Not only does the essential guidebook explain otherwise, but in the SOTE comics, it shows IG-2000 in action, and the lasers are pointed the other way, the engine opposite of the lasers. It doesn't make sense the other way. IG-2000 is supposed to be bristeling with weaponry. Aside from the engine itself, that side of the ship has no place for the lasers.

Obsession, regardless of how it may be portrayed in the EU media, I still think the IG-2000 looks WAY better the other way around. So I'll be displaying mine "backwards" regardless of what the guidebooks and comics say/show.

Jangu Fett
01-27-2009, 07:50 PM
Well, it doesn't matter what way anyone has if facing. But, I do have to agree with Nightside, it does look cool facing backwards. Right-way, backwards, side-ways, anyways, I'm just really happy to be getting the IG-2000. Now if Hasbro will continue doing more EU ships, especially for the bounty hunters. I'll be one very happy camper.

And speaking of Camper, I really hope to see the Last Resort, and Nim's Havoc.

collapseandrelax
01-30-2009, 09:35 AM
Hello guys!

Just got the Virago and Twilight from Ebay today. Here are a few pics. Virago has foldable wings and guns. Twilight came with a foldable wing on the bottom.

collapseandrelax
01-30-2009, 09:36 AM
And the Twilight

Blue2th
01-30-2009, 10:41 AM
I'm liking that Twilight.
Looks like the top and main wing cannons move also?

collapseandrelax
01-30-2009, 10:48 AM
No, these parts are fixed.

Obsession is Nute
01-30-2009, 02:13 PM
Thanks for posting your pics Collapse! I am much relieved to see the Virago is looking quite nice.

JediTricks
02-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Yeah, cool pics, great gets! That picture of the Virago with the wings closed really made me smile, it looks wicked.

I'm surprised to hear the cockpit doesn't come out on the Virago and the top gun doesn't fold down on the Twilight, they both look like they should move. I wonder if it's just paint-frozen parts or something.

collapseandrelax
02-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Yes, the Virago is next to the Rogue Shadow my new favourite toy.

I´ve tried to move out the cockpit (btw. why a moving out cockpit?!), but it seems that is fixed and not only held my a frozen part of color.

The top gun of the Twilight is made of some kind of rubber but it´s not possible to move it.

Well, these ships came from Hong Kong, possibly they´re a preproduction or something like that and because of that they´re missing some features :confused:.

JediTricks
02-06-2009, 05:11 PM
The cockpit moved out on the Action Fleet version, that's how you got the figure into the cockpit, it was rad.

They have paint features that are production level, these are beyond test shots, they're fully developed samples, so they should have everything the packaged versions have.

clone157
02-06-2009, 08:16 PM
The HAET-221 is wicked... I don't remember even seeing one in ROTS. Must be from the Battle of Kashyyyk?

I think it was Utapau, at the end of the movie, when going through all the shot of the troopers taking over. You only see it from behind.

collapseandrelax
02-08-2009, 04:58 AM
@JediTricks

Okay, didn´t know the AF Variant.

Well, if that´s the final version, the feature is missing. But for such a small vehicle a moving-out cockpit is imho not necessary...

Darth Duranium
02-10-2009, 04:45 AM
Jedi Insider got the scoop... pics reposted here.

Hound's Tooth... we guessed right from the old Q&A. The IG-2000 in the last wave was a surprise, though. Glad to have the Tooth... not sure how much I like this one backwards...

So we are getting the CW Y-Wing... looks good, nice size IMO. I like it. Even backwards.

Sebulba's podracer looks identical to the Galoob one to me... and Baron Fel's TIE looks like a straight repack/retread, too.

Red 4... okay, I guess. That's the whole squadron, ain't it? If it ain't, please lie to me.

Small wave... well, at least there's 2 new ones... technically 3. Hope we see more at TF.

Jangu Fett
02-10-2009, 09:35 AM
Nice find. Just knew the Hound's Tooth was coming, didn't think we'd see it till TF. Really like the Clone Y-Wing. Two buys, there. The TIE Intercepter, Pod Racer and X-WIng....................Yawn.

Wonder how many more times Hasbro is going to release the X-Wing. They could still do Coran Horn's (green) X-Wing, NJO Stealth X, all of Wraith Squadron, Jaina's Rogue Squadron, Hasbro's favorite Shadow X-Wing, Recon X, a couple hotrod versions. And while they are at it a Flaming Wampa X-wing. Well that's roughly 30 more X's that Hasbro can, and most-likly WILL do. So we're covered for the next couple years.

Can someone please tell me, WHY CAN"T HASBRO PUT NEW MOLDS ON THE STANDS CORRECTLY????? Sebulba's Pod Racer doesn't count, that's just Galoobs pic, that Hasbro, photoshoped.

BTW, Darth Titanium if Toy Fair '09 is like last year. We should be in for a treat. Please let us see the Eclipse SSD, Chiss Clawcraft. And the much wanted, and waited for Shadow Twilight:rolleyes:

collapseandrelax
02-10-2009, 10:51 AM
I like the Hound's Tooth. But I´m still waiting for the Outrider...

The x-Variant of the X-Wing sucks a little bit. :/

pbarnard
02-10-2009, 11:14 AM
, NJO Stealth X,

Totally different ship and design, but your point is well taken.

... Recon X,
Would need some redesign to get the sensor pods.

,Can someone please tell me, WHY CAN"T HASBRO PUT NEW MOLDS ON THE STANDS CORRECTLY????? Sebulba's Pod Racer doesn't count, that's just Galoobs pic, that Hasbro, photoshoped.
Hard to do when most people think of them as drunk/stupid/lazy/incompetent. So place those expectations on them, expect those results.

Blue2th
02-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Thanks DT :thumbsup:
Well at least two there I want. Maybe two of the Y-Wing.

Nightside
02-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Never knew the Hound's Tooth was brown. I like the ship, but the color almost makes it look like a flying sandcrawler.

Darth Duranium
02-10-2009, 04:05 PM
BTW, Darth Titanium if Toy Fair '09 is like last year. We should be in for a treat.

Actually Jangu, I think they totally stiffed us last year at TF... they didn't bother to show any Titaniums claiming they "ran out of time". According to JT's Hasbro interview from SDCC, the Titanium line was moved to a different management team around this time and the dude who now runs it wasn't able to organize the new display Titaniums in time.

I think it more likely that the entire line was in jeopardy at the time and Hasbro was playing coy. Had they showed at TF last year, they would have likely shown the amazing disappearing Cylon Basestar.

But I'm not bitter (insert shotgun-loading sound here)...

I'm thinking we'll see an Acclamator this year... but I'd love more Imperial ships of the line.

Night, the Tooth is indeed supposed to be brown (lousy bounty hunter dental hygiene) but you'd have thought that Hasbro would have figured out that brown ships don't sell very well. I agree... it does look like a winged Sandcrawler or MTT.

Oh yeah, there are a few more repacks in the wave... the V-Wing and LAAT/i. See pics:

collapseandrelax
02-13-2009, 08:29 AM
New pics from ebay of the Nu-Class and Neimodian Shuttle. The Neimodian has imo a nice paint but the Nu-Class looks like painted by a blind child :rolleyes:

JediTricks
02-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Hound's Tooth, that's pretty out there. Looks like a flying Sandcrawler in that pic, I suspect this one will get a low production run to avoid being another brown pegwarmer. Nice to see the CW Y-wing, looks slick too.

That Republic Attack Shuttle and Neimoidian Shuttle both look good too.

Jangu Fett
02-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Darth Titanium, I think you're right. I must be thinking about the display at SDCC.

After going through a number of sites, I havn't seen any Titanium Series. Hopefully some will be shown. The Hasbro Star Wars display looks rather small. Does anyone know if thats everything Hasbro will be showing, or is this just some "Preveiw Night"?

JediTricks
02-14-2009, 10:52 PM
Titanium and a few others will be shown off later during the show, probably tomorrow.

Jangu Fett
02-17-2009, 08:00 PM
Well, with tomorrow being the 18th, and the last day for TF. I guess Hasbro decided to stiff the Titanium line yet again. I'm really disappointed, I was hopeing to see ANYTHING new for the Titanium Series.

With Hasbro saying that the Titanium line is one of their best selling items, you'd think Hasbro would want to showcase it. This lack of a Titanium display has ne abit worried. 2 years and during the biggest marketing show of the year, nothing. They showed off pretty much ALL of the other lines. Why shelf one of the top sellers??? I really hope Hasbro make up for this at San Diego Comic-Con. And if not maybe they should change their name to HasBlown-It.

JediTricks
02-17-2009, 09:30 PM
They may not have stiffed Titanium Series, but the way they have it set up, there was no way to go back and shoot whatever they brought the next day. VERY frustrating.

I don't normally suggest stuff like this, but you may want to wrap all your Titanium Series frustrations up in 1 question and submit it to the voting thread.

Darth Windu
02-17-2009, 10:53 PM
So they may in fact have already shown off new Titaniums, you guys just can't take photo's of anything Hasbro did after the first day?

JediTricks
02-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Right. They aren't in the main building, they have their own place and are only doing photos that 1 day, can't go back in anytime later.

Mirtez
03-02-2009, 12:45 PM
do the legs of the shuttle fold up or are the fixed in place

Darth Magnus
03-02-2009, 05:14 PM
Nope completely fixed. However they are a plastic insert and can be removed if you take the ship appart with a screwdriver. Of course then you have four holes along the side of the ship. :D

Obsession is Nute
03-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Looks like I'll have to buy two nemoidian shuttles then!

wawe1
03-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Can anyone tell me if the wings on the new Anakin Jedi Fighter w Hyperdrive Ring open? The box says it does, but it doesn't look like it does.

False advertisement or Error?

Daryl VayDar
03-04-2009, 09:34 PM
No, the wings don't open. The ship is only about 2/3's the size of the regular JSF and has no landing gear either. The cockpit does open, but since the ship can't "park", that seems like a pointless feature...

This is easily the most impressive Titanium I've picked up in a while, the engine pods are metal, and the ship weighs a lot more than most ships. I'd recommend this one even to people who don't buy Titaniums- it's that cool.

Nightside
03-05-2009, 04:15 PM
I received the first half of my order from HasbroToyShop.com today (Virago, Neimoidian Shuttle and Obi's Fighter) and I must say that I'm very disappointed with the Virago. One of the guns is ridiculously loose and one wing fell off as I was taking it out of the package. The main body of the ship is very well done but the wings and guns leave something to be desired. I'm glad I have the Action Fleet version.

I saw the Twilight and Republic Attack Shuttle at Target last night but had to hold off since I bought them from the Hasbro site. I hope they arrive soon.

Mirtez
03-05-2009, 04:37 PM
nightside, doe the legs on the Shuttle fold up or are they stuck like that.

Darth Windu
03-05-2009, 09:44 PM
nightside, doe the legs on the Shuttle fold up or are they stuck like that.
Do you even bother to look to see if people answered this, or are you just here to spam?

You asked in the previous page and were answered by Darth Magnus.

Mirtez
03-06-2009, 05:42 AM
Do you even bother to look to see if people answered this, or are you just here to spam?

You asked in the previous page and were answered by Darth Magnus.

no IM not here to spam, I did not get the reply like I always get when someone replys here. I even checked and if I missed it, I am truly sorry for asking agian..

Blue2th
03-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Was finally going through my Titaniums to see what I might have missed through the years. (Special thanks to Warstar for his lists, and Darth Titanium for helping out with updates)

Not missing very much at all, except a few repaints, but I sure would like extras of a few for loose display.
I'm wondering if Hasbro has plans to re-release a few of the harder to find ones from earlier this year?

Mon Calamari Cruiser
Rogue Shadow
Anakin's Podracer

Anybody asked about these in the Q&A?
I seem to remember something about them, but I could be wrong.
Wondering if some will be re-issued in future waves?

Obsession is Nute
03-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Okay, dumb question, so please bare with me.

Did Hasbro actually release the Rogue Shadow, then? I never saw it anywhere! It is not on eBay or Amazon, either. I assumed it had been canceled.

Jangu Fett
03-11-2009, 10:30 PM
I have the Rogue Shadow and MC Cruiser, so they have been released. But I've only seen them that one time. It stinks that they did seem pretty rare, I'd like to have gotten a second Rogue Shadow. Really wish Hasbro would do a version of the Rogue Shadow for the 3 inch line.

Darth Windu
03-12-2009, 04:27 AM
Yep, they definately released it. I bought one, and there's one sitting on the shelf at a local Woolworths that's been there for quite a long time now.

Mirtez
03-12-2009, 05:23 AM

Did Hasbro actually release the Rogue Shadow, then? I never saw it anywhere! It is not on eBay or Amazon, either. I assumed it had been canceled.

I bought one when I saw it, and since then have not seen it at all... one of the best ones I have.

The JSF is cool and all, but small... but its worth it...

JediTricks
03-12-2009, 07:05 PM

Did Hasbro actually release the Rogue Shadow, then? I never saw it anywhere! It is not on eBay or Amazon, either. I assumed it had been canceled.Yeah, in some stores it even was "findable" for about a month.

RJarvis
03-13-2009, 12:37 AM
Yeah, in some stores it even was "findable" for about a month.

HA!...down here it was "findable" for about 5 minutes...if that...i was EXTREMELY lucky to find the one i have

Ross