PDA

View Full Version : The Darth Vader Toaster

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-06-2008, 08:02 PM
AKA the greatest thing in the history of time!!! (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=10&p2_articleid=1767) Sweet cuppin' cakes is that weirdly awesome.

stillakid
11-07-2008, 12:58 AM
I saw this earlier today. Ever since, I've been trying to figure out the conversation that went on in somebody's head. I'm picturing some guy at breakfast one morning, him buttering his toast, and for some reason, it occurs to him that it would be a good idea to have the image of Darth Vader to butter over.

Perhaps he was inspired by the Jesus and Holy Mary sightings on various random objects that pop up on occasion.

Whatever made him think about it, the disturbing part is that he convinced somebody else that it should actually be made into a real object.

Or, I could just summarize the above with a hearty "WTF?!"

bobafrett
11-07-2008, 06:02 AM
Finally, an appliance I would be willing to buy!

Kidhuman
11-07-2008, 07:17 AM
That is awesome

Neuroleptic
11-07-2008, 07:22 AM
I'm so sick of truly random things having Star Wars slapped on them and being expected to sell well. Soap bottles, Tooth paste, flash lights, and now . . . toasters.

Please! For the love of all that is holy, stop making stupid things like this.

DarkArtist
11-07-2008, 08:59 AM
i think this would look awesome next to the bread box, just need to get a Star Wars sticker and a Vader sticker for the bread box and it could almost be a matched set

JediTricks
11-08-2008, 04:23 PM
I am mixed about this one. If it had the SW logo on the back of the toast, I wouldn't be able to say no, but since it's just Vader and it's the ROTS-styled artistic version, it's a bit much for me to say "wow". Still, it's a very nifty item for a 32-year-old movie. ("Eh, what's that? There have been other Star Wars movies since 1977?")

stillakid
11-09-2008, 04:00 AM
I just looked at the picture again and realized that at least half the bread isn't toasted!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-09-2008, 04:38 AM
I just looked at the picture again and realized that at least half the bread isn't toasted!
That's what I thought, too, or is that area just more lightly toasted?

Kidhuman
11-09-2008, 06:37 AM
for 55 bucks, toast isnt worth it

Bel-Cam Jos
11-09-2008, 10:06 AM
I stumbled upon this transcript:

- So, what product can we put a SW logo on, people?
- How about something that truly mocks a famous scene from the films?
- Hmm, but should we be funny-mocking, or tasteless-mocking?
- Tasteless, tasteless... what about something to do with "taste?"
- Food!
- Yes!
- Noooooooooooooooooooooo!
- Wait; what did you say?
- I said "no" by stretching the word out.
- Sounds like Darth Vader... That's it! A Vader food item!
- You know, he was pretty crispy and toasted on the lava river...
[all look to one another at the same time]
- A DARTH VADER TOASTER!!!!So there's your answer.

I saw this, thought about for a leeeetle bit, then said, nah.

stillakid
11-09-2008, 10:53 AM
I stumbled upon this transcript:
So there's your answer.

I saw this, thought about for a leeeetle bit, then said, nah.

Hmm, so maybe instead of Vader's mask, it should be the image of Hayden (feed into the Jesus-on-everything syndrome) and you could smother his face with strawberry jelly to recreate the fun scene from ROTS every morning as part of this nutritious breakfast.

JediTricks
11-10-2008, 08:04 PM

That's what I thought, too, or is that area just more lightly toasted?It is lightly toasted, my niece has a Hello Kitty toaster that does this.

Lord Malakite
11-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Screw these Darth Vader and Hello Kitty toasters. Where's my Jesus and Virgin Mary toasters? Thats the kind of toast that practically pays for itself and then some on ebay. :thumbsup:

stillakid
11-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Screw these Darth Vader and Hello Kitty toasters. Where's my Jesus and Virgin Mary toasters? Thats the kind of toast that practically pays for itself and then some on ebay. :thumbsup:

Exactly! Then every Bible Thumper out there can claim to have their own personal visit from the deity of their choice. You can't fight those people, so you might as well make $$$ off of them. :twisted:

sith_killer_99
11-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Exactly! Then every Bible Thumper out there can claim to have their own personal visit from the deity of their choice. You can't fight those people, so you might as well make $$$ off of them.

Just avoid making one for Mohammad, lest you incur the wrath of Islam.:twisted:

Bel-Cam Jos
11-11-2008, 06:45 PM
I think we're all missing the marketing possibilities here. Now that kitchen utensils and appliances are game, it's on from now on.

- "prosthetic hands" potholders
- bacta-colored hand soap
- Emperor's Royal Guard salt & pepper shakers (easy; just use the POTF2 figure)
- Lars Homestead food processor
- Geonosian factory-style can opener
- IG88 head-style coffee maker or drink dispenser

Who wouldn't fork over big bucks for those (or others that you might come up with)? :greedy: :D

sith_killer_99
11-11-2008, 06:53 PM
GONK droid refrigerators
Mouse Droid auto vacs
Mini lightsaber bread/cheese slicers
R2-D2 keg-erators

Though I think the IG-88 head should be a cappuccino machine!

stillakid
11-12-2008, 12:58 PM

I can see the marketing line now: "Mohammad is TOAST!"

:hurt::whip:

Lord Malakite
11-12-2008, 01:19 PM

Thats where the George W. Bush toaster comes into play. ;)

I think we're all missing the marketing possibilities here. Now that kitchen utensils and appliances are game, it's on from now on.

- "prosthetic hands" potholders
- bacta-colored hand soap
- Emperor's Royal Guard salt & pepper shakers (easy; just use the POTF2 figure)
- Lars Homestead food processor
- Geonosian factory-style can opener
- IG88 head-style coffee maker or drink dispenser
Blue "Bantha" milk in the dairy section.

El Chuxter
02-02-2009, 04:22 PM
This thing is AWESOME!!!! I'd better not see any haters complain about this!!!!!!

pbarnard
02-05-2009, 06:25 PM
I hate toast. Darth Vader by his Dark Side nature hates toast.

TheDarthVader
02-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Stop talkin' trash about my toaster!!