PDA

View Full Version : BUMMER- throne in final Jedi Duel

JON9000
11-10-2008, 07:46 AM
I always thought you could lift it away from the platform it sits on, but no, it is attached. I just opened it up after 10 years and surprise, surprise.

I'm shocked we haven't gotten one in the intervening time. Let's go, H-bro.

Slicker
11-10-2008, 10:40 AM
I'm sure you could take it off the platform. If I'm not mistaken you can just squeeze the plastic pegs together and it'll pop off. Then all that you've gotta do is cut 'em off. Then after that you've gotta worry about the carpy Emperor figure that sits in it.:thumbsup:

DarkArtist
11-10-2008, 12:28 PM
I always thought you could lift it away from the platform it sits on, but no, it is attached. I just opened it up after 10 years and surprise, surprise.

I'm shocked we haven't gotten one in the intervening time. Let's go, H-bro.

i bought an extra set and was planning on cutting the floor away from the throne so that I can reattached it to a future scaled diorama of the Emperor's Throne room, and use the evolutions Palpatine as the figure. haven't had an oppurtunity to do this yet due to space issue.

hopefully this spring i will be able to work on a couple of displays and post of pics of my collection.

JON9000
11-10-2008, 07:49 PM
I'm sure you could take it off the platform. If I'm not mistaken you can just squeeze the plastic pegs together and it'll pop off. Then all that you've gotta do is cut 'em off. Then after that you've gotta worry about the carpy Emperor figure that sits in it.:thumbsup:

All I'd ever want him to do is sit, and he looks okay enough for that, although a bit green. I think the chair can pop off, but the base of the chair is molded into the floor. I think Darkartist has the right idea.

Jargo
11-18-2008, 07:42 PM
I cut the base down so it just has the funky ridged round part now. I posted a pic years ago.
It's a tough job to cut through the plastic base but i just did it with angled cuts and kept cutting until i had an approximate shape round the chair base then sanded the plastic down until i had a nice smooth edge.

can't find the image right now but i'm in the loft tomorrow so i'll grab a new pic of it if anyone is interested.

DarkArtist
11-19-2008, 11:46 AM
I cut the base down so it just has the funky ridged round part now. I posted a pic years ago.
It's a tough job to cut through the plastic base but i just did it with angled cuts and kept cutting until i had an approximate shape round the chair base then sanded the plastic down until i had a nice smooth edge.

can't find the image right now but i'm in the loft tomorrow so i'll grab a new pic of it if anyone is interested.

i'd be interested to see the outcome. have yet to be able to get a chance and build by DS throne room scene. i've been using the plans for the layout as seen in the Star Wars Blueprints magazine and a couple of stills from the prop built by the Robot Chicken crew, as well as some stills from ROTJ to base it one. was at one point going to build a throne from scratch but was able to pick up and extra Final Throne Room Duel for $5 bucks on clearence.

JON9000
11-21-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm interested to see that as well.

Jargo
11-27-2008, 05:32 PM
i'm still hunting for the damn thing. my partner has been in hospital so I've not been at home as much as normal. plus the loft is a complete mess and i have no idea which of the millions of boxes its in. but i WILL find it because I know it's something I've kept hold of in the vain hope there's a decent Emperor figure to sit in it one day. please hold the line.......

*bingly bingly bong bing bongly.....*

Jargo
01-13-2009, 06:38 AM
YAY! finally found the damn throne after hunting through the mess that is my loft. I actually snapped off a couple of the lugs holding the chair to the base when i took it apart but it still holds together really well.

DarkArtist
01-13-2009, 12:40 PM
YAY! finally found the damn throne after hunting through the mess that is my loft. I actually snapped off a couple of the lugs holding the chair to the base when i took it apart but it still holds together really well.

looks awesome as is. is it sturdy enough to stand on it's own with Palpy in the seat or does it wobble a little without the lugs ?

Jargo
01-13-2009, 01:40 PM
it's fine. because it's only a couple of lugs missing the peg holds fast. I would suggest sanding down the end of the peg a tad though as it is just the merest bit proud of the base and there is a teensy wobble side to side. put the emperor on the seat and the extra weight stabilises it.

JON9000
01-13-2009, 04:38 PM
I'll give it a go. Thanks for the pix!