PDA

View Full Version : New Pics of Upcoming TS Wave

Darth Duranium
11-13-2008, 06:01 PM
Check it out... from Forbidden Planet in the UK:

I can't believe the canopy on the V-19... why yellow? Ugh!

The speederbike is ok, I guess.

Looks like HK is right on the money again!

JediTricks
11-13-2008, 09:47 PM
Excellent find. That clean V-wing sucks tho. :p

The canopy is yellow-tinted on the show, but they shouldn't have gone opaque, it looks weird.

Kidhuman
11-13-2008, 10:00 PM
What is the first one? I like the V-19 and the V-Wing

Why the shadow biker scout?

LTBasker
11-14-2008, 12:28 AM
The first one is a Republic TX-130 Tank, seen in the games "Clone Wars" and "Battlefront."

The Shadow Biker Scout is there because they could, and honestly it's better than the puke-green camouflage Biker Scout that was in a previous wave.

The V-19 is disappointing that they didn't come up with a better stand for it, or put the plug off-center so the center wing could fold down.

The V-Wing looks like a straight rerelease, and the Shuttle simply dirtied up, so easily skippable.

Darth Windu
11-14-2008, 07:16 AM
Is it just me, or does the Fighter Tank look purple instead of red?

Anyway they all look nice, though I'll probably be repainting the V-19's canopy. As for the V-wing it's about time they released a clean variant.

Slicker
11-14-2008, 07:27 AM
A Shadow Biker Scout? *sigh* why haven't they given up on that sh*t yet? It's just plain dumb.

And that tank does indeed look very purple.

Blue2th
11-14-2008, 12:09 PM
I'll get the first two fer sure, not really interested in the repaints.

I'm hoping that yellow canopy is not on the V-19, but I'll still buy it.

Jangu Fett
11-16-2008, 07:57 PM
I really like the TX-130 Tank, OK the coloring is off, it's still looks good. What the heck was Hasbro thinking when they did the V-19 Torrent???? Or better question, were they thinking????? The third wing can not be folded down while it's on the stand???? No peg hole on the center wing to display it in flight???? Way to go....:rolleyes:

I'm really liking the Shadow Scout, I don't know why, but to me that looks flipping awesome.

Don't really care for the Emperor's Hand Shuttle, rather they painted it all black. Like the second release Emperor Palpatine/Imperial Shuttle SWTF. The clean version of the V-Wing doesn't bother me. But doesn't make me want to buy it.

2 must haves(TX-130, Shadow Scout), 2 easy passes(Imp. Shuttle, V-Wing). Not sure about the V-19, I love the ship itself, but the Titanium version is lacking. Have to see, in person. Maybe Hasbro will redisign it before release. Let's all hope.

Darth Duranium
11-16-2008, 10:20 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot one pic... the new Viper Mk II. Also from FP.

Looks very similar to the SDCC one, except for the tail number and the Colonial Seal ("phoenix" emblem) on the wings. Maybe a little more painted detail and battle damage, too. Can't tell which pilot's name is written next to the cockpit... the bottom line looks too long for Starbuck, methinks...

Have to wait for a better pic. Not too bad, though. Sad that this is the last BSG TS.

BTW, the TX-130 tank doesn't look so purple in the other shot we saw from the HK guy (another thread)... it's more red than purple. Looks like the colours are oversaturated in that new shot above.

Not pleased about the Torrent's display position either... if the tailfin folds down, maybe there's some way to display it properly (in battle mode). Gonna have to modify something... maybe a forked stand so the fin can stick through?

DarkArtist
11-17-2008, 12:21 PM
Not really feeling any of these at the moment. maybe the V-19 (might have to paint the canopy) and the Viper MK II other then that the rest is meh.

Blue2th
11-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Yeah too bad the last BSG is a repaint. I'll get at least one of those Vipers.

Nightside
11-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Excited by the new Viper! As soon as someone has the details on the details (i.e. the pilot's name), please let us know.

JediTricks
11-21-2008, 04:43 PM
I fear there's no way that Viper is getting released. The license has 39 days until it expires, that set would have to be on the boats right now to hit shores in time to make the cut.

Darth Duranium
11-22-2008, 07:34 PM
I hope Hasbro has the licence to produce BSG toys until the end of the year, and sell them off into 2009... so long as they're shipped in 2008, they'd be golden.

But, considering the bait and switch that they just pulled with the Basestar, I wouldn't be at all surprised if you're right, JT. You'd think they could get their act straight... maybe Planning or Marketing don't even know that the BSG licence jig's up.

I haven't seen any pics of Wave 7 yet from the HK eBay mole... but it's still early.

If the Viper does come out, it pretty much sinks Hasbro's we ran out of time excuse for not producing the Basestar. I already think it's a steaming pantload, anyway.

But hey now, I'm not too bitter about the Basestar...:upset: Hasbro's legacy on it: a refusal, an announcement, no release and no news, a cancellation, two confirmations, and finally an unceremonious burial in an unmarked grave.

Frack.

clone157
11-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Definately gotta pick up another variant of the viper. Since this is a TS thread, does anybody else think that hasbro should return to the 6 inch format at least for freighters like the Banking clan frigates or the Mon Calamari Cruisers? I for one would love a six inch Republic cruiser and lament the possibilities of the Pegasus in that scale. I mean did any one pick up the 6 in. Galactica? That was an amazing hunk o' metal.:love:

Darth Duranium
12-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Looks like that viper's actually being produced, JT... here's a pic from eBay HK. Sadly, the pic's too blurry to read the pilot's name again.

Clone157, I'd love to see the 6" AF/Ultra scale again... a Pegasus, a Valkyrie, and modern Basestar would suit me fine. Capital ships would be my preference, too. How about some Imperial ships of the line?

BTW, there's already an 6" AF Republic Cruiser... unless you're referring to another ship.

I like the Ultra BSG, too. I wish they'd spent a little more time on the colour and detailing but it's still pretty awesome, IMO.

JediTricks
12-04-2008, 05:42 AM
I'm betting it's a test shot that doesn't get released.

Nightside
01-15-2009, 03:05 PM
The Viper Mk II repaint is up for sale on the Forbidden Planet site. It doesn't say anything about pre-order so I'm assuming it's available now.

I went ahead and ordered 2. I figure it saves me the hassle of searching for them if/when they hit the stores over here.

EDIT: Got an email from Forbidden Planet today saying that the Viper is limited to 1 per customer all of the sudden.

Darth Duranium
01-16-2009, 11:04 AM
Hey Nightside,

Yeah, I saw that the entire wave has been available at Forbidden Planet for at least a couple of days... I decided to follow your example and order a Viper, too.

I think you're right... the scalpers are gonna go hogwild on this one! It would suck to miss it, considering we've got the rest and they'll be no more BSG TS.

I've seen about 5 different ones on eBay (plus FP) so it looks extremely likely that they will ship... still can't make out the pilot's name on any of the shots. Frack!

I'm thinking that it's got to be either Starbuck's "new" back-from-oblivion Viper (the Colonial Seal on the wings is the strongest evidence)... or possibly it's The Old Man's restored Viper from the 2003 pilot.

BTW, did you catch the webisodes? They're all out officially now, despite leaking on the P2P networks weeks ago.

NEW SHOW TONIGHT! WOO-HOO!!!!!!!! Ron Moore confirmed that they'll be nine 1 hour episodes followed by a 3 hour finale 10th episode. The BSG movie ("The Plan") is being edited now and will be shown some time after the series ends... it's set in an earlier time period before they reach Earth (a la Razor). Sad thing: all the sets have been struck (torn down) so it looks unlikely that they'll be any more BSG, except for "Caprica" which was green-lighted for 20 episodes airing in 2010.

Very sad. So say we all.

Darth Duranium
01-16-2009, 11:21 AM
A few pics from eBay... note the correctly-assembled Virago! Whew!

Nightside
01-16-2009, 11:24 AM
I am anxiously awaiting the new ep tonight and I'm currently watching the marathon on Sci-Fi (the final ep of season 3 is just finishing up). I hadn't heard about the 3-hour finale. That's great stuff.

I haven't seen the webisodes (my dial-up connection is too slow). I'll hopefully be able to catch them on the DVD release of 4.5.

I definitely couldn't pass up the Viper repaint. I never saw the classic Galactica in stores and I don't want to miss this one. If it is Starbuck's shiny new Viper, it doesn't look all that shiny and new. I wish Hasbro was more in tune with the fan base for this stuff. They could have sold multipacks of Viper repaints with different pilots' names on them and we would have eagerly gobbled them up.

Any votes for the final Cylon model? My guess is Kendra Shaw. I think the last model has to be a female and we know absolutely nothing about Kendra's past. Not to mention the fact that they introduced this new character and killed her off all in the same two-hour movie. The character never got any real payoff. Also, Number 3 said that the 5th Cylon wasn't in the fleet...

Anyway, Starbuck is about to reappear...

Darth Duranium
01-16-2009, 12:07 PM
They're showing a Season 3 BSG marathon on the Space channel today up here... great channels think alike!

Did you eventually get a Classic BSG? If not, I can look around.

The webisodes are good but unimportant: it's basically Gaeta's Really Bad Day aboard a Raptor. There are surprising little twists in the first and last webisodes, but nothing that affects the main BSG storyline. They are downloadable from Mininova and the Pirate Bay, if you can't watch them streaming. They're about 20 mbs each. Dial-up sucks!

Theories about the last Cylon? I've heard so many... Adama, Apollo, Starbuck, Gaeta, the 1/2 Cylon kids, Kendra, the Prez, Ellen, Tom, Callie... there are semi-compelling rationales for all of them. Bastards!

I'm thinking Boxey.... no seriously, I'm thinking it's that little mensch Apollo.

Blue2th
01-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Hey Nightside,

Yeah, I saw that the entire wave has been available at Forbidden Planet for at least a couple of days... I decided to follow your example and order a Viper, too.

I think you're right... the scalpers are gonna go hogwild on this one! It would suck to miss it, considering we've got the rest and they'll be no more BSG TS.

I've seen about 5 different ones on eBay (plus FP) so it looks extremely likely that they will ship... still can't make out the pilot's name on any of the shots. Frack!

I'm thinking that it's got to be either Starbuck's "new" back-from-oblivion Viper (the Colonial Seal on the wings is the strongest evidence)... or possibly it's The Old Man's restored Viper from the 2003 pilot.

I went to Toyrocket.
Is this the one you are talking about? It's the old package design with Mk VII on it though. http://www.toyrocket.com/Battlestar-Galactica-Titanium-Colonial-Viper-Mark-VII-Red-White-Vehicle-P39483C2207.aspx

Darth Duranium
01-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Nope Blue, I'm pretty sure that's the first one... they fixed the "Mark VII" mis-label issue with later releases. The wings don't have the Colonial Seal on 'em either.

Still, only $25? What a steal!!!! (muffled gagging sounds here)

I don't know what the new packaging looks like... I've only seen pics of the Viper.

Nightside
01-16-2009, 01:24 PM
I went to Toyrocket.
Is this the one you are talking about? It's the old package design with Mk VII on it though. http://www.toyrocket.com/Battlestar-Galactica-Titanium-Colonial-Viper-Mark-VII-Red-White-Vehicle-P39483C2207.aspx

Blue2th, that looks to be the first version of the MK II. We're talking about the latest repaint (with yellow emblems on the wings). We'd been wondering if it would ever see the light of day with Hasbro's license ending and all. Apparently it's in the launch tubes and ready for flight.

Blue2th
01-16-2009, 01:43 PM
Must have sold out then arrrg. :cry:
Can't find it.
I would have bought one.

Nightside
01-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Blue2th, check here (http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_48&products_id=48269).

Darth Duranium
01-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Blue,

The new Viper's in Wave 6, which hasn't hit shelves in North America yet... Nightside and I are just being paranoid about not being able to find one once they do get here, so we've ordered from FP.

I knew I shoulda taken that last turn at Albuturkey!

JediTricks
01-16-2009, 03:59 PM
Nice pic of the Virago and Twilight. The Virago looks better in production, and it appears the cockpit may pull out like the Action Fleet version does. That'd be kickass!

Darth Duranium
01-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Nightside, the Space channel's showing the Face of the Enemy webisodes as part of the Season 3 & 4 BSG marathon today... you might wanna check to see if Sci-Fi's doing the same, unless you can see Space (Canadian station) on satellite or cable.

Blue2th
01-16-2009, 08:07 PM
Thanks Nightside, tried it it worked.
Ordered one. :thumbsup:

Yeah DT I get paranoid too. After all I only found one original Galactica, never even saw the newer re-paint release of the Viper Mk VII, but did order two of them online when they came out, so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Nice pics of the new SW Titaniums, anticipating those.

Nightside
01-16-2009, 11:19 PM
Nightside, the Space channel's showing the Face of the Enemy webisodes as part of the Season 3 & 4 BSG marathon today... you might wanna check to see if Sci-Fi's doing the same, unless you can see Space (Canadian station) on satellite or cable.

Thanks for the heads up, DT. Never did see the webisodes on Sci-Fi today, if they were on (didn't watch the whole marathon though).

As for tonight's new episode - Holy frak! Can't wait to see what the remainder of the season has in store.

Nightside
01-22-2009, 04:32 PM
The Viper Mk II repaints have apparently hit the US. There's an auction on eBay right now with a really good close-up pic and, ladies and gentlemen, the new Viper is indeed that of Kara Thrace. There even looks to be a raider kill tally on the side of the ship. Pretty sweet. I hope I get a chance to snag one of these from a local vendor (as I still haven't heard anything back from Forbidden Planet about my order).

Darth Duranium
01-23-2009, 01:43 PM
Nice one, Night... I thought it had to be Starbuck's cuz it's the only Viper on the show with the Seal on the wings. Kewl! The battle damage is not appropriate for this ship, though.

Starbuck mocked Pegasus pilots who put kills on their ships! I guess Cain had a stronger influence on Starbuck than I thought. Looks good!

I haven't heard from FP either... hope they ship soon. Frak!

I just ordered a new Viper (Buy It Now) for $8 from eBay... not taking any chances! You might wanna grab one, too.

BTW, ELLEN?!?!? She was on my list of possibilities but it's still a surprise... unless she's the proverbial red herring. She did have a mysterious backstory... and she seemed to have the sexual appetite of a Cylon all right. This oughtta mess up Tigh more than ever...

Curiouser and curiouser...

Nightside
01-23-2009, 04:48 PM
Nice one, Night... I thought it had to be Starbuck's cuz it's the only Viper on the show with the Seal on the wings. Kewl!

Actually, DT, the wing seal doesn't seem to be unique to Starbuck's Viper. Adama's Viper in the flashback sequence in "Razor" also had seals on the wings.

I'm glad we're finally getting another pilot's Viper (Apollo is flying way too many birds in the Titanium line). It's just too bad it's the last BSG piece. I guess it's fitting though, Kara being the end of humanity and all.

BTW, ELLEN?!?!? She was on my list of possibilities but it's still a surprise... unless she's the proverbial red herring. She did have a mysterious backstory... and she seemed to have the sexual appetite of a Cylon all right. This oughtta mess up Tigh more than ever...

Yeah, that took me by surprise, too. Definitely eager to learn more about that. Looking forward to tonight's episode.

clone157
01-23-2009, 05:55 PM

Well, Baltar said he would never tell what the results of her test were, but I still feel she's an old Six. BTW, I found my new viper. Target. Looks like they are shipping at 2 per case cuz there weren't too many from the wave. I just couldn't buy both of them as much as I wanted to, lack of funds. Also the IFT-X does look purple (I think I could hold out until the inevitable red repaint) but the V-19 does look good.