PDA

View Full Version : Micromachines Question

cloneemperor
11-16-2008, 04:47 AM
Just wondering about the different cardbacks for the Star Wars Micromachines. Does anyone know if there is any difference at all between the releases on different cardbacks?

For example: Collection I - Star Wars in the Vehicle 3-packs. I have pictures of it on the old black Space cardback and on the newer orange and grey Star Wars cardback. Is there any difference between releases like that other than cardback? I collect loose and I'm just getting started in the Micromachines, and I don't really feel like shelling out twice for the exact same item.

Thanks a lot for any insight into this.

Darth Windu
11-16-2008, 09:12 AM
Nope, no difference. Well no difference to the ships themselves, though I believe there was a difference in terms of what items were in what pack.

Your best bet is trying to find the last run (I think it was 1997) and using that (ie. the card-back) as a basis of finding what packs you want to buy.

cloneemperor
11-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Thanks. I didn't think there was any difference, but I wasn't sure if there was some slight paint or mold differences. The picture I have of the non-playset items don't show any difference between the releases as to what's included, so I guess I'm set. Thanks again.

JediTricks
11-21-2008, 03:39 AM
There weren't any mold differences that I know of, but you would find some vague paint differences from time to time, like on TIE Fighters. They were never the focus of any rabid collectors though, so it's not been cataloged.

cloneemperor
11-21-2008, 09:07 AM
Another question, I recently acquired the Rebel Forces Gift Set (Second Edition) through eBay, and one of the figures included looks a little unusual. I just wanted to know if anyone out there has this set and if they have the same "oddity". The figure of Obi-Wan Kenobi in my set doesn't look like his picture on the back. His picture shows him in his Ep 4 robes on a white stand, but on the actual figure I got his head and hands are as pictured while the rest of him is a translucent brownish color, almost as if his robes and base weren't painted. I just want to know if this unusual or normal, and unfortunately there aren't that many pictures out there of the old Micro Machines Star Wars line. (That's one thing I'm trying to remedy.)

DarkArtist
11-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Another question, I recently acquired the Rebel Forces Gift Set (Second Edition) through eBay, and one of the figures included looks a little unusual. I just wanted to know if anyone out there has this set and if they have the same "oddity". The figure of Obi-Wan Kenobi in my set doesn't look like his picture on the back. His picture shows him in his Ep 4 robes on a white stand, but on the actual figure I got his head and hands are as pictured while the rest of him is a translucent brownish color, almost as if his robes and base weren't painted. I just want to know if this unusual or normal, and unfortunately there aren't that many pictures out there of the old Micro Machines Star Wars line. (That's one thing I'm trying to remedy.)

i think that was an attempt at Spirit Obi. i think there is a similiar figure with the second Dagobah Micro Machine playset (the one of Yoda's Head)