PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy Poster Redaux

Jek Porky 2002
02-19-2002, 04:03 AM
This is a follow up to my thread about the origional trilogy on DVD, being as the Episode II movie poster is soon to be revieled and we already have the Episode I poster then wouldn't it be great to have posters for episodes IV to VI in the same style so that when you put them on your wall you have six matching movie posters.

The designs:
The poster for A New Hope should have a black background with the callage from the new VHS case (when I say new I mean the one from November 2000), with Star Wars Episode IV A New Hope in the Episodes I and II style.

Are there any plans to change the trilogy's logos to the same style as The Phantom Menace and Attack Of The Clones?

Each poster should be prety much along those lines but on the Return Of The Jedi Poster at the top it should say The Saga Concludes, much like The Phantom Menace poster says Every Saga Has A Begining.

Your thoughts?

El Chuxter
02-19-2002, 10:02 PM
Weren't the Special Edition movie posters in the same style as the TPM movie poster?

JediTricks
02-20-2002, 01:22 AM
I think you have that backwards Chux. ;)

Actually, the Ep 1 theatrical-release poster wasn't like the SE posters, but I think the ones for the VHS release were.

Jek Porky 2002
02-20-2002, 01:21 PM
I also mean the logos;

STAR WARS
Episode IV
A NEW HOPE

Sort Of like that

Jek Porky 2002
02-20-2002, 01:22 PM
Actually no, not like that.

Like the Episode I design.

Rollo Tomassi
02-20-2002, 01:30 PM
...**..**........... **
...**...**.........**
...STAR WARS
...**.....**.... **
... A NEW HOPE
...**......**...**
...**.......**.**
...**.........**

JEDIpartner
02-21-2002, 08:48 AM
I think that was the artist's name. He did the posters for the Special Edition releases. He was asked by Lucasfilm to design the poster for TPM so it matched the ones for the Special Edition. I have all four of them in my front stairway. Everyone comments on how great they look as a matching set. I am hoping that LFL has the brains enough to commission Sturzan to finish off the saga.