PDA

View Full Version : Imp Officer stinks to high heaven !

jedi master sal
02-19-2002, 07:53 AM
I just got this fig and was intially excited. Then I took him out of the package. His arm *POP* right off at the elbow swivel joints. When you try to position his arm in certain positions you can see the gap made buy the design of the articulation. AAArrghghhhh!!!!! I had been waiting eagerly for this fig and thought that I would buy at least a dozen. Now I think I won't buy any more and just call it a day, that I have ONE.

Starfig873
02-19-2002, 11:07 AM
Bah, the loose swivel joints isn't too large of a problem IMO. Kinda fun to pop an arm off every now and then anyway... :p

2-1B
02-19-2002, 11:15 AM
I do not see much value in this figure. Maybe the FX-7 looming on the next peg provided an unfair comparison, but I left the Officer there and only took the droid.

mark2d2
02-19-2002, 11:37 AM
Interesting . . . My joints aren't loose at all. And the gaps in the elbow really aren't that obvious either. Granted it's no FX-7 . . .

My only beef is I wish the knees were articulated so he'd fit into the forthcoming TIE BOMBER.

Sidiously Darth
02-19-2002, 11:44 AM
The joints on mine were rather tight. I actually could use a few more of these guys.

Anyone notice how SS(Nazi Stormtrooper) like the guys are? I know it goes along with the theme of the movies and how they relate to real world ideas and events. But this guy looks like he's ready to high step on some rebels.:p

LTBasker
02-19-2002, 11:55 AM
My figure was fine, you most likely just picked up one that had been mis-handled. If you have a squad of Imperial Troopers it's great to set the Officer up in a diorama of him breifing them with R2-Q5 at the side showing the Death Star II. :D

Beast
02-19-2002, 01:56 PM
I think the Imperial Officer is a great figure. Even when Hasbro gives us a good figure there seems to always be complaints. It's more and better articulation then the vintage Officer ever recieved. Sure he doesn't have bendable knees, but is it really necissary? Sure the arm joints are a lil loose, but I'll take that any day over McFarlane's articulation, you know...the kind that is so stiff when you move an arm it breaks off. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
02-19-2002, 02:54 PM
I love this figure. Its nice and neutral, great for many of my dios.

Lord Tenebrous
02-19-2002, 07:24 PM
I'm so tempted to open mine up and comment, but I just found this wave today (Eeth Koth with 1x of FX wave), so I'll probably be too estatic in my review.

If the pegs are still loaded like they were today, I'll pick up an opener set on Thursday. But my comments so far are:

* Maybe the arm looseness is based upon the way the figure is carded. If the arms are positioned with little or no pressure, they are fine open. If the arms are positioned with pressure on them within the bubble and card during shipping, etc, then the arms weaken.

So maybe when buying extras, just notice how the placement on the card is. If the figure seems to be mispositioned in the bubble, then pass it over, just as you would a sub-par paint job [tries not to comment on all the Amidalas he passed over].

Jayspawn
02-19-2002, 07:55 PM
I wouldn't know because I don't have this figure. And do you know why? Because all my stores STINK!!!

Turbowars
02-19-2002, 08:03 PM
I have a great idea. Don't open them like I do and`you wont have a chance to be disapointed. Just think his arm would have never fell off:) They look better in the package anyways. . :crazed:

Sidiously Darth
02-19-2002, 09:48 PM
If the pegs are still loaded like they were today, I'll pick up an opener set on Thursday.

LT,

Where do you live? I got mine at FX 2002 here in Orlando this past weekend. They were selling for $7-$8 each. Besides that, I have not seen them in a retail store.:(

Lord Tenebrous
02-19-2002, 10:57 PM
I found them at the Walmart in Fort Pierce. I only go there after classes, because it's 45 minutes from home.

And I probably won't get an extra set, I'll probably just get Amidala and Zutton, and maybe one more FX-7. I doubt the RF Trooper and the Imp. Officer will still be there, today there were only 1 and 2 left, respectively.

Meanwhile, Zutton and Eeth will soon pegwarm since they only ordered 4 cases. :sur:

Still, if I can be of some service, SD, throw me a PM.

Sidiously Darth
02-20-2002, 12:49 AM
Thanks LT!

I'm going to give MegaCon a try Sunday. It's Orlando's 2nd big show in 2 weeks. There's not as many toys but I'm going to give it a shot.

If not, maybe you can help me out.:)

Emperor Howdy
02-20-2002, 05:48 AM
jedi master sal, I've smelled my Imperial Officer several times now, and he smells fine. Perhaps the guy who packed yours works in a Chinese fish factory by day?

.....**ba-doom...crash*! Thank you, I'll be here all week! Take my wife.....please! :D

DARTH DUBIOUS
02-20-2002, 08:35 AM
I've got four of them and all have the wibbly arm thing. i guess it was a batch that was duff. Maybe the first ones off the conveyor belt were crap and they just thought they'd sell them to the eager collector mugs anyways. :) Guess that's me then :rolleyes:

I'd quite like to get a few more because they look so fine standing in formation with heaps of other Imperial troopers. But there's supposed to be a second variant coming out right - right?
Don't tell me Hasbro stiffed us again. Oh boy.......... :(

sith_killer_99
02-20-2002, 09:01 AM
Argh, we were supposed to get 4 variations according to initial rumors! Each with a different head sculpts.:rolleyes:

Now, I'm not sure if I would have wanted that or not.:(

Don't get me wrong, I like the figure, but these are hard enough to find as it is. Imagine, trying to hunt down 4 variations of this guy.:eek:

Rollo Tomassi
02-20-2002, 12:27 PM
Don't listen to 'em Sal. Both the Imps I opened suffered from wobbly arm syndrome. And the way his arms are positioned, you can have his arms folded behind his back or have his arms folded...in front of him. Gee. Thanks Hasbro. But I guess from the fan reaction around the forums thats what they want, preposed statues...

LTBasker
02-20-2002, 12:36 PM
Nah, I wouldn't of minded some knee articulation and a swivel joint on his wrists so he can sit down at a console or something. It's not the best figure, as it could've used a removeable helmet (wouldn't of been much bigger than the Bespin Guard's) but it's an ok figure. We're still supposed to get at least 1 more of both the Imperial Officer and the Rebel Fleet Trooper, the only difference that is known to be on the figures is different heads.

Beast
02-20-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Don't listen to 'em Sal. Both the Imps I opened suffered from wobbly arm syndrome. And the way his arms are positioned, you can have his arms folded behind his back or have his arms folded...in front of him. Gee. Thanks Hasbro. But I guess from the fan reaction around the forums thats what they want, preposed statues...
Aroo? He has an above elbow swivel joint and articulation point at the end of his gloves. I dunno what your doing wrong but he can be positioned in more numerous positions of then the two you mentioned. He's hardly a pre-posed statue. :rolleyes:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-20-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Aroo? He has an above elbow swivel joint and articulation point at the end of his gloves. I dunno what your doing wrong but he can be positioned in more numerous positions of then the two you mentioned. He's hardly a pre-posed statue. :rolleyes:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Ahh, it does? Cool, it does! I didn't realize it had the swivel joint in the wrists. :) I like how they're "hiding" these things, like they did with the Rebel Trooper. :)

Beast
02-20-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Ahh, it does? Cool, it does! I didn't realize it had the swivel joint in the wrists. :) I like how they're "hiding" these things, like they did with the Rebel Trooper. :)
:D Hard to believe that you didn't notice this before now LTBasker, since I know that you open one of each atleast. Thankfully the joint is at the end of the gloves, instead of right at the wrist, looks cooler that way IMHO. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jayspawn
02-20-2002, 05:08 PM
I wish I had an Imperial Officer figure.

Amanamike
02-20-2002, 11:42 PM
I wish i could get more than 1. This and Rebel trooper are scarce. If hasbro doesnt like distributing figures because they just sit there, then why dont they just make army builders, theyll fly off the shelves

Beast
02-21-2002, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Amanamike
I wish i could get more than 1. This and Rebel trooper are scarce. If hasbro doesnt like distributing figures because they just sit there, then why dont they just make army builders, theyll fly off the shelves
It's not Hasbro in this case, it's the stores that over-ordered the E1 merchandise and majorly got burned by it. So, they under-ordered or even pretty much completly quit ordering anything this year. Thats why I get all my figures on-line, sick of never being able to find anything in the stores. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jedi master sal
02-21-2002, 07:51 AM

It's not Hasbro in this case, it's the stores that over-ordered the E1 merchandise and majorly got burned by it. So, they under-ordered or even pretty much completly quit ordering anything this year. Thats why I get all my figures on-line, sick of never being able to find anything in the stores. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hasbro determines the case assortment, so it is their fault. As mentioned previously, they would make a killing if they gave us more army builders. Who needs 10 sculpts of qui-gon in virtually the same look when you can buy 20 stormtroopers or battle droids (clean variant PLEASE) or whatever other army builder you want to make a dynamic scene.

Put the blame where it belongs. hasbro

someone at hasbro must not like star wars and want to see the line die and go away. why else would they make idiotic decisions like they have in the past year or so.

I would still consider getting more Imp officers but the scarcity and that darn arm thing keep me from jumping at the chance. Instead, I'm limping at the chance. (I guess this will leave more for all the rest of you out there.)

Darkross
02-21-2002, 10:42 AM
Nah, I wouldn't of minded some knee articulation and a swivel joint on his wrists so he can sit down at a console or something. It's not the best figure, as it could've used a removeable helmet (wouldn't of been much bigger than the Bespin Guard's) but it's an ok figure. We're still supposed to get at least 1 more of both the Imperial Officer and the Rebel Fleet Trooper, the only difference that is known to be on the figures is different heads.

Removable Caps....Ewe! I have 1 Bespin Guard and he looks stupid with that oversized, rediculous removable cap. Not to mention the stupid stance that Hasbro put him in...looks like he's got a curvature of the spine! What's with the pointing finger too?

Beast
02-21-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by jedi master sal
Hasbro determines the case assortment, so it is their fault. As mentioned previously, they would make a killing if they gave us more army builders. Who needs 10 sculpts of qui-gon in virtually the same look when you can buy 20 stormtroopers or battle droids (clean variant PLEASE) or whatever other army builder you want to make a dynamic scene.
Put the blame where it belongs. hasbro
someone at hasbro must not like star wars and want to see the line die and go away. why else would they make idiotic decisions like they have in the past year or so.
I would still consider getting more Imp officers but the scarcity and that darn arm thing keep me from jumping at the chance. Instead, I'm limping at the chance. (I guess this will leave more for all the rest of you out there.)
Yeah, and they put 3 of them in a case, along with 3 Rebel Fleet Troopers. That should be a decent pack out so that people can get more then a few for army building. But the stores are not ordering in the numbers that makes that possible. They get in a couple cases of the new wave and once they are gone, never get any more in. Stop blaming Hasbro for everything, god thats getting so old. In this case it's the retailer that thinks the line is dead, so doesn't order enough to meet demand. And when they do make a big order, they end up over ordering one wave, and then they just sit at retail cause just like E1 they over ordered. As for the arm joint, I think that your being way to critical. It looks and works fine. Hasbro even when they are doing things right, get tons of flak for small things like this. Stop blaming them for the fault of the retailers.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
02-21-2002, 01:26 PM
I personally think that Amidala (Decoy) is the culprit. You have all the figure in the Eeth and FX waves, looking really good, then you find yourself staring at that blob of gold and black.

They should have just scrapped her. Then they could have made a more flow-friendly plan:

4X RFT
4X IO
4X FX

4X Eeth
4X Zutton
2X RFT
2X IO

The fact that the FX and Eeth wave are similar, and that most stores only ordered one or the other, means that you're either looking for Eeth and Zutton, or finding a shortage of the other 4.

Beast
02-21-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
I personally think that Amidala (Decoy) is the culprit. You have all the figure in the Eeth and FX waves, looking really good, then you find yourself staring at that blob of gold and black.
They should have just scrapped her. Then they could have made a more flow-friendly plan:
The fact that the FX and Eeth wave are similar, and that most stores only ordered one or the other, means that you're either looking for Eeth and Zutton, or finding a shortage of the other 4.
If that was true, you would be seeing Amidala: Decoy warming the pegs everywhere. I really like the figure infact, but thats not the point. I haven't seen any of this wave peg warming in any place around here. Infact my Wal-mart recently got in 4-5 cases of the Eeth and Zutton case that includes 1 of each of the figures from the FX-7 wave, and yet while there was 10-12 or so each of Eeth and Zutton on the pegs, all the FX-7 wave was completly gone. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jedi master sal
02-21-2002, 02:34 PM

Yeah, and they put 3 of them in a case, along with 3 Rebel Fleet Troopers. That should be a decent pack out so that people can get more then a few for army building. But the stores are not ordering in the numbers that makes that possible. They get in a couple cases of the new wave and once they are gone, never get any more in. Stop blaming Hasbro for everything, god thats getting so old. In this case it's the retailer that thinks the line is dead, so doesn't order enough to meet demand. And when they do make a big order, they end up over ordering one wave, and then they just sit at retail cause just like E1 they over ordered. As for the arm joint, I think that your being way to critical. It looks and works fine. Hasbro even when they are doing things right, get tons of flak for small things like this. Stop blaming them for the fault of the retailers.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I have to disagree with the notion that it is the retailers fault. They don't have any control on what the case assortment is. They only order based on prior performance. If they have the notion that the line is dying it's because either hasbro screws up the assortment or we don't buy enough..... you tell me what is the more likelyhood of the two. Iwould much rather by the Imp officer (even with my stated problems with it) in bulk fashion than to buy more than say 2 eeth's or zutton. who really needs more than that, but to have a least a dozen of the fleet troopers or Imp officers well I think that is somethin that many collectors would prefer. Again my beef is with Hasbro. Sub-par figs (sometimes) and very poor case assortment making it hard for the avg. collector to get what they want.

Yeah, Iknow this helps to drive the economy (supply vs. demand) but they don't even care about the supply. Scalpers make a fortune off of us when the figs aren't readily available. How many of you have to either go to a hobby store or buy off the net paying inflated prices AND shipping & handling.

urrghh!!!!

Retailers can only sell what they get. Hasbro could make more money if they listen to the fans.

They have gotten burned in the past though, so they figure to heck with them. we'll give them a taste and make them want more.

and give us bad or at least sub-par sculpts to boot.

I said it before and I'll say it again. the imp officer stinks to high heaven,
(but I'd still buy more if he was available)

sorry for such a long rant.

Wolfwood319
02-21-2002, 02:41 PM
I concur with Sal, stores really don't have any deciding factor on what case assortments they get. If they get in 1 case, and it sells, they order more cases.

But when they get in a case, it sells, then they get in the exact same case, and the figures just sit there on the pegs, they don't order anymore. That's what's happening in a lot of areas, so it seems.

DARTH DUBIOUS
02-21-2002, 04:51 PM
That is exactly the case with hasbro (pardon the pun, not intended) They shift case after case of figures by packing in only a small number of the ones people want. So a retailer will order a case that contains - say, imperial officer. because the retailer knows that his customers have been asking for that figure. Hasbro will gladly sell as many cases containing the imperial officer as the retailer will buy. but the retailer doesn't want what else is in the case because they know they can't shift six million Qui-Gon resculpts. But to get the Imperial officer it's the only way.
then the Imperial officers sell out fast but the retaileer is left with a shelf full of duff figures and he thinks stuff this for a game of cards and doesn't order any more because it would bankrupt him to do so with no-one buying 75% of his stock. Hasbro refuse to sell solid cases to retailers despite them asking for them time and time again. The last time solid cases were sent out to my knowledge was the maul from EP1 wave 1. But by the time they got out the interest was waning. But that's by the by.
Point is, if hasbro went over to solid cases of figures instead of these mixed up cases with unequal numbers in them a retailer could gauge what he bought by what he sold and order just the figures he knew he could sell fast. That way we wouldn't be stuck with so many pegwarmers would we. But hasbro don't want to do that because it would mean that they end up with warehouses of figures that no-one wants. Instead they sell the crap figures so they get the cash sooner and offload the crap to the retailer. Therefore, not hasbros problem anymore and they get a nice fat sales return.
But the worm turned didn't it? retailers revolted and told Hasbro to go hang. No more orders because of poor retail sales and stockrooms full of useless stuff. We suffer as collectors end of story.
So now what's happening with the AOTC stuff and has happenred with the POTJ stuff, Retailers cautiously ordering tiny amounts and half the past stockists not interested anymore. We suffer, end of story.

And that's life girls and boys. Like it or not. :cry:

Beast
02-21-2002, 05:26 PM
What do you mean, only packing in a small number of the figures people want. 3 per case in a 12 figure case is 1/4th of the case. It's not like there is 1 in there. All the other figures in the case are also highly popular. Sorry to inform you, but Qui-Gon never shipped with the Imperial Officer. There were no "duff" figures in the wave, all 4 figures are highly popular with collectors. Right now stores are bearly ordering at all, so there is no demand for solid cases of products for the shelves from retailers.

Solid cases of figures don't work, not with as many new figures come out a year. And judging demand from the people that are buying the toys isn't easy either. Not to mention, a store isn't going to want to order a number of cases for each new charecter. It's much easier for them to stock mixed cases, so that they can have various figures on the shelf withought having to open 10 cases and put a few figures from each case up. With mixed cases they open 1 or 2 cases and they have a wide selection of varied figures on the pegs. And stores don't have the time to keep track of who is selling and who needs restocked. Figures sell, throw up another case.

Plus it hurts smaller mom and pop stores that wanna carry some star wars toys. They wanna order a case or two and have a variety of figures for people to choose from. Not have to order numerous cases and make a large financial layout just to get a few of each figure for the racks. It's financially unwise for Hasbro to offer straight packed cases for each figure that comes out a year. Look at this year, 52 new figures starting in April. So that would mean, 52 different cases. And having the same cost outlay no matter who the figure is. With varied cases, hasbro can spread the cost of the figures around. Say the new Boba Fett costs them 2.00 a piece to make, but the new Super Battle Droid costs them 3.00. Do you want stores charging you more, cause the cash outlay for the SBD case is more then the Boba Fett case?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-21-2002, 06:45 PM
JJB, you're so wrong! I mean just wrong as can be! The new Boba Fett probably only cost 0.74 to make. :p

You're right on the cases, basically stores are sick of ordering a bunch of cases and expecting new figures then getting more peg-warmers they can't sell especially when they're already on the pegs and so they shrink how many cases they order so they can actually make a profit on what they sell.

sith_killer_99
02-21-2002, 06:53 PM
I HAVE to agree with JJB on this one!!!

Hasbro has done a wonderful job with case assortments for the POTJ line. If there are 3 new figs, they pack 4 of each. If there are 4 new figs, 3 of each, and so on. I usually buy in sets anyway, if I can. I'm sure most collectors like to do that too, when possible.

Look at the older lines!!! There is a reason that a Freeze Frame Weequay is going for $300.00! Or better yet, look at the EP1 line, when Hasbro was doing stupid things like packing 1 Swimming Jar-Jar per case. The basis was that Jar-Jar was a peg warmer (based on 1st release). Then we get a bunch of idio...people paying thru the nose for a stupid Jar-Jar figure (no offense JJB). The fact that he was a "latter figure release" is bogus!!! I found plenty of Destroyer Droids (Battle Damaged) when they FINALLY hit clearance, and they were in the same wave/case assortment. The only difference is that the Damaged Destroyer was packed 3 to a case and Jar-Jar was only packed 1 per case.

History has shown that regardless of the figure, if it is short packed collectors will want it and the secondary market will reflect that in the form of higher prices. I mean, who in their right mind would pay $300.00 for a STUPID Weequay figure. Only the VHTF Freeze Frame was short packed so that's the one worth big bucks now!

Hasbro has done their best with packing figures for overall retail. What we have to remember is that not everyone will want 10 Imperial Officers or 10 Rebel Troopers.

Some collectors only buy 1 set MOMC. Some only buy 1 set to have loose. Some buy 2 sets 1 MOMC and 1 loose. Others like to make dioramas...these are the ones buying up all the "army builders".

However, there is another option!

Hasbro could make more "army builders" available through the fan club. That's what they are doing with the Stormtrooper 4 pack.:D

PLUS we get the added benefit of not having to pay $6.44 PLUS TAX per figure.;)

Amanamike
02-21-2002, 07:01 PM
When does that become available through the fan club??? The stormtrooper 4 pack?? Please let me know.

Beast
02-21-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Amanamike
When does that become available through the fan club??? The stormtrooper 4 pack?? Please let me know.
Last I heard they were scheduled for fall. Can't wait for the set myself, and hope it sells well so we can get some other army builder sets thru the fan club. Battle Droids, Death Star Troopers, Rebel Fleet Troopers, Snowtroopers, Biker Scouts, etc. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

sith_killer_99
02-21-2002, 10:13 PM
and Imperial Officers?

Beast
02-21-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
and Imperial Officers?
Hmmmm Sure, whatever floats your boat. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Amanamike
02-22-2002, 01:41 AM
Well if they come in packs of 4 Ill be lookin to buy about 25 packs hehehehe. Are they gonna be like the comtech or the original??

LTBasker
02-22-2002, 01:47 AM
They're gonna be the CTC stormy, and it appears with the same articulation points. Two of the stormtroopers will be with those blaster rifles we got with the regular releases and the other two will have regular Trooper blasters, the best part is that they won't be those tiny tiny ones we got in POTJ, they'll be the bigger POTF2 versions. Appearantly they won't be coming with those lame blaster racks so that's a plus since the CTC trooper who had only 1 blaster rifle for the 3-slotted rack will be able to fill it up with the rifles from the 2 troopers in the 4-pack while the two with the normal blasters "guard." :D

Beast
02-22-2002, 02:04 AM
They're gonna be the CTC stormy, and it appears with the same articulation points. Two of the stormtroopers will be with those blaster rifles we got with the regular releases and the other two will have regular Trooper blasters, the best part is that they won't be those tiny tiny ones we got in POTJ, they'll be the bigger POTF2 versions. Appearantly they won't be coming with those lame blaster racks so that's a plus since the CTC trooper who had only 1 blaster rifle for the 3-slotted rack will be able to fill it up with the rifles from the 2 troopers in the 4-pack while the two with the normal blasters "guard." :D
The Fan Club Stormtrooper 4-pack won't have the blaster damage that appears and disappears with warm and cold water. So, thats another plus to picking up a few of these sets. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Rage
02-26-2002, 03:27 AM
At least it didn't break... I love the type of plastic they use for most of the starwars figures. I would consider it rubber, not sure exactly.

I've dropped some figures on hard floors and none of them has scratched or broken.

FX-7 is a beautiful figure. The creators/sculptors went all out for this thing... I thought only a few of the arms moved but all of them do! :stupid:

Amanamike
02-27-2002, 12:00 AM
Hey Jar Jar do you by any chance in that crystal ball of your there, have the price and exact release date of these new 4 pack stormtroopers?? I was so close to buying these st s on ebay in lots and spending about 8 each on them. THank god this came up in time!!!!!! And to the posts from way back, I do wish they would make cases of figures that the stores ask for, then we wouldnt see shelves full of Bespin leias and Ketwols.

LTBasker
02-27-2002, 01:04 AM
No info has really been said about the stormtrooper 4-pack since the first info so JJB's crystal ball may not even be able to see on this one right now. :D

Beast
02-27-2002, 01:21 AM
No info has really been said about the stormtrooper 4-pack since the first info so JJB's crystal ball may not even be able to see on this one right now. :D
Aye, my crystal is currently dark. :D All I know is sometime this fall. I should hope that it's cheaper then buying 4 troopers would have been at retail. And that the figures are the same, other then not having the battle damage, and that 2 come with the long rifle and 2 come with a POTF2 Imperial Blaster.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-27-2002, 03:08 AM
Hopefully since there is nothing real special and nothing new plus they don't have the cost of the appearing/dissapearing blaster mark feature and there is no real packaging but baggies and a white box that the pack will be only at least $8-10

Battle Droid
02-27-2002, 03:21 AM
Just got the Imp. officer along with FX-7 yesterday, got no compliants about it myself. Could only find 1 Imp. fig though.:mad:

Now if they'd only make the "You Rebel scum." officer.

LTBasker
02-27-2002, 03:27 AM
I just wonder when the next Imperial Officer is gonna come out, the bad part is that judging by the sizes of the bubbles and the only new thing on the 2nd version will be a new head he'll look awful lonely in that huge bubble... Hope they add a tiny console or some cool pack-in.

Jayspawn
02-28-2002, 10:39 AM
Everyday I travel to Wal-Mart in hopes that they will have Imperial Officers. But alas, NOTHING! *sigh*

Casual George
02-28-2002, 02:29 PM
Got my Imperial Officer along with FX-7 and Rebel Trooper in the mail yesterday. I've long given up trying to find these guys in the store. Got a good deal on line. I like the Officer. The arm articulation is excellent. He can stand with his hands behind his back or he can hold the blaster with both hands and it looks cool either way. I give this figure a thumbs up. Sorry to hear some of you don't care for him.:(

Darkross
02-28-2002, 02:35 PM
I actually like the Imperial Officer...glad that Hasbro didn't give him a stupid removable cap. Why are so many collector's wanting removable caps / helmets? The only problem I have with the Imperial Officer is the arms...I would have liked a little more articulation. Would have been nice if he arms could have been straightened. You would think that eventually he'd get tennis elbow!:D

hairless chewie
02-28-2002, 02:39 PM
If they would put a removable hat on this figure then it would have a pin head!

Beast
02-28-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by hairless chewie
If they would put a removable hat on this figure then it would have a pin head!
Either that or they would have made the hat bigger then it should be. It works ok on the Bespin guard, because the guard hats were pretty thick in the movie, but the Imperial caps are pretty are just that, just a cap. Man, I remember when you could buy in the back of sci-fi magazine's the Imperial Officer caps, I wish some company would produce those again. I want one. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hairless chewie
02-28-2002, 02:48 PM
i want an Imperial Officer with the big Pork Chop side burns. No way they could fit a hat over those!!

LTBasker
02-28-2002, 03:15 PM
I wish they'd cancel the 2nd variant on the Imp. Officer or come up with a 3rd variant that would be Moff Jerjodd.

Beast
02-28-2002, 03:28 PM
I wish they'd cancel the 2nd variant on the Imp. Officer or come up with a 3rd variant that would be Moff Jerjodd.
Amen, while I do like the idea of a varient head, most of the Imperial guys look pretty similar. No beards or mustaches to really distinguish them, that's why we need Col. Wulf Yularen. And darn right, we need Moff Jerjerrod for our Emporer's Arrival Diorama's. But we also need a new Imperial Shuttle as well, hopefully the rumors of it being an exclusive for FAO schwartz this Christmas turn out to be true. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-28-2002, 03:43 PM
No beards or mustaches to really distinguish them, that's why we need Col. Wulf Yularen.

That would be a cool figure, didn't he have black pants and a white tunic instead of a single color uniform? Would make an interesting figure, and we could get some more geezers in the higher Imperial ranks. :D

Beast
02-28-2002, 04:05 PM
That would be a cool figure, didn't he have black pants and a white tunic instead of a single color uniform? Would make an interesting figure, and we could get some more geezers in the higher Imperial ranks. :D
According to the on-line sources, as well as I think one shot from the confrence room, yes it appears he does wear black pants with the white tunic. He would make a great figure. It's somthing different then the standard, grey, black, and olive colors of the other officer's uniforms so would make an awesome figure. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Colonol Wullf Yularen:

Lord Tenebrous
02-28-2002, 10:43 PM
But we also need a new Imperial Shuttle as well, hopefully the rumors of it being an exclusive for FAO schwartz this Christmas turn out to be true

Imperial Shuttle - Autumn 2002
We have received news from "The Collector" that the Imperial Shuttle is indeed on its way, and should see daylight by this fall. Thanks to "The Collector" for the heads up, can't wait for this fall now!

- Artoosnews.com

Now you may smile. :)

Beast
02-28-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
Imperial Shuttle - Autumn 2002
We have received news from "The Collector" that the Imperial Shuttle is indeed on its way, and should see daylight by this fall. Thanks to "The Collector" for the heads up, can't wait for this fall now! - Artoosnews.com Now you may smile. :)
Heck with smiling, can I shout and jump for joy instead, it's more along the lines of what I wanna do. :D I wonder if Sir Steve can get with his contacts and try to get a little more info out about this. LT, I suggest you make a serperate post about this, since it's such big news. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hairless chewie
02-28-2002, 11:27 PM
OK, but with who??? I really hope that it's NOT FAO!!!! A failing company and their last one cost an arm and a leg at first only to drop into a more reasonable price range. Also, who goes to FAO anymore??? I'd rather it go to a place like KB than FAO.

Battle Droid
03-01-2002, 03:19 AM
Someone may have already mentioned this, but I didn't want to have to read thru all the replys but,

On the Imperial officer, one of the arms is missing the Imperial logo. I thought the ones in the films had a logo on each arm. Does anyone know?

UPDATE: Nevermind, I see on the back of the figure card, that it's only on the one arm.

squee666
03-02-2002, 12:09 AM
I just got my imperial Officer this week. His joints seems very tightly in place. Maybe mine is a newer, corrected version.