PDA

View Full Version : A Bird Just Dive-Bombed My SUV

Tycho
11-20-2008, 04:39 PM
When I left the barbershop, I got into my Jeep and noticed a big splat on the passenger side window. It's totally gross.

I have a lot of things to do today and just came home to change the laundry. Washing my vehicle was not on the to-do-list right now. I'll take some glass cleaner and a squirt bottle downstairs with me, I guess.

But man am I ever mad that that bird gave me the bird like that!

If there are any birds reading this here today at SirStevesGuide, you're forewarned. I'm going to start carrying a loaded SuperSoaker in my truck with me and I'll fire at any crows or seagulls that come within range as soon as I get my truck washed! I'm not joking either.

And if it happens again - I'm switching to Nerf darts!

Jedi_Kal-El
11-20-2008, 04:45 PM
Give em hell Tycho. Don't let the birds have the last laugh. :yes:

pbarnard
11-20-2008, 05:04 PM
I got a pheasant once with the front end of my dad'd dodge dakota when I once. The front grill got wrecked, but the radiator cooked that SOB.

At least it wasn't a suicide bombing. Sparrows with plastic explosives are not fun.

El Chuxter
11-20-2008, 05:13 PM
I was in a van that was going around 70 and was hit by a robin that divebombed the windshield. There were guts smeared up the windshield. We had to stop because some of it started oozing toward the side, and we were afraid it might get flung into the open windows.

Qui-Long Gone
11-20-2008, 05:43 PM
Tycho, you should totally pack some heat to teach those foul fowl a lesson.

Why is it they always crap on your ride AFTER the wash!? :mad:

I think there's something devious about those creatures....just ask Hitchcock, he was onto something.

Old Fossil
11-20-2008, 10:16 PM
A blackbird hit my windshield once. For a second, its eye pressed against the glass, glaring wierdly at me, then it was gone.

Been over ten years ago, and I still remember it well.

TeeEye7
11-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Obviously the anti-aircraft feature on your SUV is inoperative, Tycho!

bobafrett
11-20-2008, 11:18 PM
I went to my car one night whilest working the overnight shift at Wally-Mart, and one my return to the store, a bird did a night time drop right on my chest. I was wearing a button up shirt, and I had the top few buttons open, and this bird hit me right on the exposed flesh.

Lord Malakite
11-21-2008, 05:09 PM
Back in my college days there used to be a bird that would perch right on my first floor (technically 2nd floor since the basement was at ground level) dorm room window and sing at the crack of dawn everyday. After several weeks of this nuisance one morning I lied in wait. When it landed I shot the bird in the face with bug spray through the screen. Upon being hit in the face the bird's face, like what happens to wasps, started to smoke from the poison making contact. The bird then let out an ungodly shreik before tumbling off the window ledge to the ground below. After that it never came back.

dr_evazan22
11-28-2008, 10:35 PM
I went to my car one night whilest working the overnight shift at Wally-Mart, and one my return to the store, a bird did a night time drop right on my chest. I was wearing a button up shirt, and I had the top few buttons open, and this bird hit me right on the exposed flesh.

That's the bird equivalent of hitting a 2 meter ray shielded exhaust port. His bird friend was squawking: "Your bowels are all clear now kid - lets go!"

Snowtrooper
11-29-2008, 12:02 AM
A guy at my high school hit a pheasant on the way to school and busted out his grill. He pulled into the shop to see if the radiator had been damaged. When he opened the hood, the pheasant flew out unharmed. Don't know how he survived. The grill was pretty stout and this guy wasn't known for driving slow.

bobafrett
11-29-2008, 08:37 AM
A guy at my high school hit a pheasant on the way to school and busted out his grill. He pulled into the shop to see if the radiator had been damaged. When he opened the hood, the pheasant flew out unharmed. Don't know how he survived. The grill was pretty stout and this guy wasn't known for driving slow.

My mom wasn't so lucky, when she saw an oncoming car hit a pheasant, the pheasant shot into her grill and damaged her radiator. I wish I had the picture she took of the damage.

Jargo
11-30-2008, 05:08 AM
my significant other seems to speed up whenever birds flap across the road in our path. and seems to get a perverted sense of glee from driving over dead things in the road. when we had the dog the route we took to the local nature reserve for walkies took us through farmland and we regularly had pheasant and rabbits splashed across the car upon arriving. almost always on the passenger side. there's never been any damage to the car though. the benefit of driving a french car built to withstand a head on collision with a tank.

TeeEye7
12-02-2008, 12:07 PM
....a french car.....

Did that model come with the optional white flag?

Jargo
12-02-2008, 12:40 PM
well it's part japanese so I suppose if you consider that they have that white flag with the rising sun on it then it does and doesn't. my significant other drives it kamikaze fashion especially at road junctions as the lights are changing. usually where the oncoming traffic is gonna hit my side of the car first. If i wasn't so blind i'd learn to drive myself and minimise such risks on my wellbeing and survival chances. :)

JEDIpartner
12-02-2008, 01:04 PM
When I left the barbershop, I got into my Jeep and noticed a big splat on the passenger side window. It's totally gross.

The bird was trying to tell you that your SUV is ruining the environment and the next time a large mammal will just crash into your car!!

:whip:

:D