PDA

View Full Version : Anakin's New Lightsaber

Jek Porky 2002
02-19-2002, 12:30 PM
Does anybody think that the lightsaber for the Episode II is awfull, I mean it's so chunky and unrealistic, I hope that will be the only one we see from now on.

More of those brilliant designs from the Eeth Koth lightsaber.

Back to Anakin though, from what what I've seen of ot so far, I presume that the lightsaber is undetachable from Anakin's hand and the blade slides up and down his arm, much like the vintage figures, am I right?

JetsAndHeels
02-19-2002, 12:36 PM
From what I have seen, the lightsaber is in the arm, just like the vintage figures. I personally dont like this idea but I do like the magnets on the hands. I guess us collectors have to take the good with the bad.

LTBasker
02-19-2002, 12:48 PM
The initial release Anakin figure we're getting is mostly directed more at kids with the gimmick. However it's ironic, the lightsaber is the best yet the worst of any figure with a lightsaber since Eeth Koth because it doesn't have those "energy blasts" on it. :D

Beast
02-19-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
The initial release Anakin figure we're getting is mostly directed more at kids with the gimmick. However it's ironic, the lightsaber is the best yet the worst of any figure with a lightsaber since Eeth Koth because it doesn't have those "energy blasts" on it. :D
You really really hate that energy flare at the bottem of the lightsabers, don't you LTBasker. :) I don't think it's all that bad, it's an attempt to give the saber some life instead of just looking like a color tinted clear plastic tube. Could have been worst, they could have sculpted the the whole saber like that. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-19-2002, 04:02 PM
I thought they were going for movie correctness and it makes the Jedi seem too warrior like... Me just don't like them. :(

Jayspawn
02-19-2002, 08:06 PM
I don't much like Anakin's telescoping lightsaber. Since the arm can't move, it looks like he's always pointing it at something. Perhaps he can point to his easy bake oven he comes with.