PDA

View Full Version : AOTC Obi-Wan Kenobi

wampaslayr
11-26-2008, 08:21 PM
It appears that AOTC Obi-Wan will be the next 12" figure from Sideshow. Preorders start on 12-5-08. It looks like they took the General Obi-Wan head and put it on the EpIII Obi-Wan body. At $70.00, I don't know if I will be adding this to my collection when there are so many other characters that Sideshow should be focusing on.

Jayspawn
11-28-2008, 12:40 AM
Valid point. The Guinness Obi was only $60 retail. What gives Sideshow?

Problem for me is, I'm a sucker for awesome Obi-Wan figures -this included. And Obi had his stuff together in AOTC. Eeeh.

AmanaMatt
11-28-2008, 07:54 PM
IS the only difference going to be a decent paint job on this one? I don't get it...looks like the same thing!

JediTricks
11-30-2008, 05:41 AM
What really insults me most about this is that, in the newsletter, they treat it like "oh, it's ONLY $69.99, wowee!!!" when this figure is literally just a recycled head from the Clone Wars Obi-Wan they just produced on a Prometheus body (because the head wouldn't work on a Buck body... this better as crap not be a buck body!) with the same lightsabers as the Ep 3 Obi-Wan and very similar cut&sew. Basically, they're saying that even with a nickel-n-dime figure like this, it's going to be heavily overpriced. I hope they rethink that, their pricing and quality don't really match up at this point as it is, they're good but not "$70 and up plus $10 shipping" good.

Tycho
12-01-2008, 09:40 PM
It should be a different lightsaber: the AOTC / TPM one. The General probably comes with that saber already, but the ROTS one has the ANH saber as he should.

I love the sculpt but I don't need this figure. I have the Hasbro one and even extra SideShow Jedi robes for those figures to wear, as I don't display my 2 ROTS Obi-Wans with their robes on because he is either fighting Anakin or General Grievous.

But the sculpt looks amazing. But so did Han Solo Bespin's sculpt - before they shipped them.

Yet ROTS Obi-Wan is still my favorite SideShow figure, so this might very well be another good one - as they've shown a knack for putting good Obi-Wan figures out on the market.

I'm jealous of you guys buying this one, and of those of you who own the General.

jonthejedi
12-02-2008, 04:23 AM
I'll pass on this one as well. I have Indy, Ki-Adi & Rebel Fleet trooper coming on the heels of each other...and I also love the ROTS Anakin & Obi. I think Sideshow peaked with those two, and their pricing is just plain out of control now.

JediTricks
12-04-2008, 04:28 AM
Right, I dunno what I was thinking saying the Ep 3 saber was correct. The Ep 2 saber is different from the Ep 1 saber, but they are nearly identical at first glance.

The ANH saber is pretty different from the ROTS saber, and Sideshow didn't disappoint when they did this. They're meant to be the same, but they are quite different.

Bespin Han's sculpt never looked good, see this thread for proof that few folks were down: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=31032