PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving 2009!

bobafrett
11-27-2008, 06:36 AM
I want to wish all my fellow SSGer's a Happy Thanksgiving! I'm going to my In-Laws in Indiana for Turkey and some pumpkin pie. Hopefully we won't stay to late, as my wife has a 4 am start, and me a 6 am start at our perspective jobs.

DarkArtist
11-27-2008, 07:26 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Hope your holiday is a joyful relaxing time.

Old Fossil
11-27-2008, 07:32 AM
Happy Turkey Day, everyone!

Jedi_Kal-El
11-27-2008, 09:04 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. :)

Rocketboy
11-27-2008, 09:09 AM
Happy Thanksgiving 2009!Yes, I hope you all have a great future Thanksgiving!
:D

bobafrett
11-27-2008, 09:45 AM
Yes, I hope you all have a great future Thanksgiving!

Dang, I realized this as I was packing up my car for a road trip to the in laws, and I popped in here to correct my error hoping no one else was alert enough to point it out, darn you rocketlad!

Bel-Cam Jos
11-27-2008, 09:55 AM
No, no, no. It's fine. Remember that the Pilgrims landed at Tranquility Base in 1620, but their first Thanksgiving wasn't until the next year, on the 11th hour of the day that will live in fear itself. So you're fine.

JEDIpartner
11-27-2008, 09:56 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!! Don't bring me any leftover turkey. I hate the way it smells like old shoes. Ig-puh!!!!!!!

JetsAndHeels
11-27-2008, 10:36 AM
Yes, I hope you all have a great future Thanksgiving!

LOL!!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here!! May your bellies be full and your day full of triptophan-induced naps!!

sith_killer_99
11-27-2008, 11:28 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all here at SSG!:love:

Mad Slanted Powers
11-27-2008, 11:45 AM
Happy Thanksgiving. This year will be a bit different for me. For the first time I won't be partaking of a traditional home cooked Thanksgiving feast. With my dad in the rest home, my mom isn't able to do all of that this year. So, after stopping in to see my dad, I'll be going with my mom, aunt and sister to the Old Country Buffet. So, at least there will still be plenty of feasting.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-27-2008, 01:34 PM
Flipping between the Lions/Titans game and the Macy's parade, they announced a "surprise guest" on the Foster Home for Imaginary Friends float. Who was it? :confused:

RICK ASTLEY! :pleased:

And why was he a "surprise guest" on a float for a 21st century cartoon? Because the kids along the parade route were surprised and confused as to who he was? :nevergonnagiveyouup:

BTW, this was in the parade, not the football game. :p

mtriv73
11-27-2008, 03:25 PM
I like how Rick showed up mid song and started lipsyncing his song. It's like Foster's Home for imaginary friends rickrolled us all.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.

After 6 hours in a car with a kid screaming for 3 of them, I'm thankful I'm not driving anywhere today.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Happy Thanksgiving!

I say this every year, but when I come hear around this time, I'm reminded that I first saw this site around this time ten years ago (:eek:). I remember seeing the "Happy Turkey Day" on the front page and the new Episode I prototypes, though I may be misremembering. Either way, I'm going to eat in about half an hour. Sweet!

TeeEye7
11-27-2008, 06:44 PM
Happy Thanksgiving, all!

Don't for get to reflect on the significance of the day!

We'll be having dinner very shortly and then it's off to work for me!

Slicker
11-27-2008, 06:48 PM
I ate my Thanksgiving meal yesterday. :pleased:

Rocketboy
11-27-2008, 07:28 PM
But you're in the future which makes it today.

bobafrett
11-27-2008, 10:12 PM
A few pictures from my Thanksgiving.

The first is me and some horses that border my in laws yard.

The second is my plate of Yummy Thanksgiving dinner. I only had that one plate, and later I enjoyed some pumpkin pie!

The third is a gas station in Indiana that had regular unleaded for $1.53 a gallon. What a difference a few months makes.

CaptainSolo1138
11-28-2008, 09:25 AM
I'm going to fire out a massive dump today once I cram some leftovers in.:pleased:

Bel-Cam Jos
11-28-2008, 11:28 AM
A few pictures from my Thanksgiving.

The first is me and some horses that border my in laws yard.

The second is my plate of Yummy Thanksgiving dinner. I only had that one plate, and later I enjoyed some pumpkin pie!

The third is a gas station in Indiana that had regular unleaded for $1.53 a gallon. What a difference a few months makes.Are they Colts or Broncos fans? :lamejoke: :pleased:

I'd have eaten the food on the plate but, hey, to each their own. :lamerjoke: :rolleyes:

There's some more to be thankful for, a few cent$ at a time. :nojoke: :thumbsup:

TeeEye7
11-28-2008, 06:27 PM
The word of the day: leftovers! :whip:

Mad Slanted Powers
11-28-2008, 06:30 PM
The word of the day: leftovers! :whip:

None for me this year since we ate at the Old Country Buffet.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-28-2008, 07:44 PM
None for me this year since we ate at the Old Country Buffet.That's what plastic-lined cargo pants pockets are for. :lipsrsealed:

TeeEye7
11-29-2008, 09:00 PM
That's what plastic-lined cargo pants pockets are for. :lipsrsealed:

I think Billy Mays endorses those, doesn't he?

Bel-Cam Jos
11-30-2008, 09:08 AM
I think Billy Mays endorses those, doesn't he?You should've posted it like this: I THINK BILLY MAYS ENDORSES THOSE, DOESN'T HE? He shills, ur, sells that Orange cleaner, too, right? That'd get out the stains from the pockets as well. :rolleyes:

Had turkey yesterday at home (previous time on Thanksgiving day was at friends' house), with mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, corn. Good eats. :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
11-24-2009, 06:10 PM
Sad that last year, one of us could've invited Billy Mays to our respective dinners or events. :( Alas, no such luck this year. :cry:

I have been invited to the same place with the same friends as previous years. I look forward to it, as well as THE FOOD. :pleased:

Mad Slanted Powers
11-24-2009, 06:32 PM
I'll be going to my cousin's (my mom's sister's daughter). Last year with my dad in the rest home, we went to Old Country Buffet. With him gone now, mom isn't fixing dinner like she usually does, so she and I will be going to my cousin's while my siblings will be doing something with each of their families.

Old Fossil
11-24-2009, 09:06 PM
My wife and daughter and I are driving out to be with my dad and stepmom in Texas, the first Thanksgiving I'll have with him in over ten years.

Hope everyone here has a safe and happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for you all.

DarthQuack
11-25-2009, 04:26 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all the members of the board and their families!

Qui-Long Gone
11-25-2009, 10:13 PM
With appologies to Adam Sandler....

Turkey for me
Turkey for you
Can't believe the fans support Jocasta Nu
Gobble gobble goo and
Gobble gobble dockey
DS Luke's knees are just a little wonkey

Tycho
11-28-2009, 06:30 PM
I'm late to the party, but Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Now I want to know if BobaFrett got to (or wanted to) ride any horses?

I love riding.

TeeEye7
11-29-2009, 01:26 AM
Today was the last of the leftovers. No bad: three meals serving six people each time (family & friends).

Bel-Cam Jos
11-29-2009, 09:42 AM
Today begins round 2 of leftovers. Being invited to friends' house means sharing in the cooking (our family does some desserts and the mashed potatoes), but cooking a home meal gives those leftovers (turkey, mashed 'taters, corn, stuffing, gravy :drool: ).