PDA

View Full Version : Surfin' on the ipod touch!

sith_killer_99
11-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Well I bought my iPod touch some time ago and this is the first time I have really used it to surf and post online. It is a slow process and difficult to read but with patience and time it can be done.

So what do you all think? Are devices like this worth the time and energy for going online?:confused:

dr_evazan22
11-28-2008, 07:21 PM
I'm considering getting the touch, to use the navigation app (as well as listening to songs) for work delivering. I think I would need to visit the Apple store to get a better feel for what product would best suit me though, as the Touch doesn't have large enough memory for everything on my iTunes.

Don't they say in one of the commercials that it has the fastest connection? Or am I thinking of the iPhone? Or does the difference matter? It seems like the only thing the Touch doesn't do is place and receive calls.

sith_killer_99
11-28-2008, 07:35 PM
The iPhone is on the 3G network, the touch just uses basic wireless networks. So basically you have to be in a hot spot to use the touch to surf, the phone works anywhere because it uses it's cell phone capability to surf the net.

The touch has up 32GB of storage space. It is available in 8GB, 16GB and 32GB sizes. Apple has 'em on sale right now.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipod/family/ipod_touch?mco=MTE2NTg

One of the surfing features I like is the youtube feature, which allows you to download and watch videos directly on your touch.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-28-2008, 07:47 PM
I'd like to get an iPhone, but I just don't use the phone enough to justify the monthly expense. It would be quite handy when traveling, because I would have a phone, iPod and internet device all in one. Since I don't have a cell phone, iPod or laptop, it would satisfy all of those needs at once. I wouldn't need to have the memory to hold my entire iTunes library. Just enough to keep me entertained for a trip.

Jargo
11-29-2008, 01:36 AM
this is what i recently upgraded to. sleek, easy to use and practical. http://www.wired.com/reviews/product/nokia_e71

pbarnard
11-29-2008, 10:57 AM
I'm anti-iPhone and an AT&T subscriber. I feel their moto should be "Fewer bars in all places". I've been plagued by spotty network connections, dropped calls on my side of things since switching over.

Of course, living in a university town, just about the whole place is one wifi hot spot with all the home networks (nearly half of which are not password protected).

Although with any touch screen device, living in the Midwest, how does it work with gloves on?

sith_killer_99
11-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Although with any touch screen device, living in the Midwest, how does it work with gloves on?

It works fine, you just have to push a little harder. I imagine typing would be much more difficult.