PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever wanted to learn about Oxi-Clean's Billy Mays?

Tycho
11-28-2008, 10:27 PM
Have you ever wanted to learn about Oxi-Clean's Billy Mays?

Tycho here for Billy Mays.

Here's what you wanted to know. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Mays)

I was watching cable news and just had another encounter with Billy Mays. He wanted to sell me something to glue my clothes together. So I thought I'd look him up and share with all of you.

Jedi_Kal-El
11-28-2008, 10:34 PM
He sells insurance now too. I've seen the comercial a couple of times.

LTBasker
11-28-2008, 11:12 PM
His beard is the sworn enemy of Chuck Norris' beard. They have epic beard vs. beard duels.

Jargo
11-29-2008, 01:55 AM
he's no match for a good vince offer at your side kid.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-29-2008, 02:57 AM
I agree with Jargo. Vince is the wave of the future. My friends and I were going to call him tonight but completely forgot about it. Oh well. Watching The Wicker Man, Plan 9 from Outer Space, and Mac and Me was enough awesomeness for one day anyway. :D

pbarnard
11-29-2008, 10:03 AM
You mean his voice has 2 settings: On and off?

On a bottle of Xanax he's normal?

No matter how crappy the product if they pay, Billy endorses?

He told Mo Green he's Freakin' Billy Mays. That's who he is!

LusiferSam
11-30-2008, 12:28 AM
Have you ever wanted to learn about Oxi-Clean's Billy Mays?

No, not really. I think know all about this guy I need to know. I also know about as much about Oxi-Clean as I want to know. But thanks of the link.

El Chuxter
11-30-2008, 02:39 AM
Vince Offer is pretty cool. I heard he beat Joe Biden out for the role of ShamWow spokesman.

LusiferSam
11-30-2008, 02:46 PM
What the devil is a Vince offer? And is it something we should be talking about on a site like this?

LTBasker
11-30-2008, 03:38 PM
He's from those Wow what a sham! commercials. Or is it Sham-Wow? I get the two so easily confused. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns4mnmNBk1Y

TeeEye7
11-30-2008, 03:38 PM
What the devil is a Vince offer? And is it something we should be talking about on a site like this?

For the record: Here's Vince and his rival....

El Chuxter
11-30-2008, 03:58 PM
He's from those Wow what a sham! commercials. Or is it Sham-Wow? I get the two so easily confused. :p

Doesn't matter how you spell it, you're gonna spend twenty bucks a month on paper towels, anyway. These things sell themselves! You with me, JJL?

LusiferSam
11-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Clearly that joke went well over everybody's heads. I'd try to explain by nobody is going to find it funny now.

El Chuxter
11-30-2008, 04:41 PM
If it goes over your head, you need a ShamWow. I don't know why, but it'll protect you. Vince used his to great effect when he sued the Scientologists for kicking him out. I believe he cried into it to take advantage of its super-absorbing powers. Because you know it's made by Germans, and they make good stuff.

CaptainSolo1138
12-01-2008, 12:45 AM
Doesn't matter how you spell it, you're gonna spend twenty bucks a month on paper towels, anyway. These things sell themselves! You with me, JJL?I also love how scathing he is. He acts like he's doing you a favor by gracing your TV set with himself and his microphone.

My wife's grandma was suckered into bought a set or whatever of the SHAM-WOW! towels and gave us one. I could hardly contain myself. It was all I could do not to **** myself just to see if the SHAM-WOW! would, indeed, soak it up.

sith_killer_99
12-01-2008, 02:14 AM
I can honestly say...

No...

I have never wanted to know more about Bill Mays...ever!:Pirate:

Tycho
12-01-2008, 02:36 AM
Now I want Billy Mays and Vince Offer action figures so I can recreate them battling tough stains in the privacy of my own home.

These should be SideShow figures so you'll have a reason to glue their clothes back together with one of their many advertised products.

Jargo
12-01-2008, 06:19 PM
I also love how scathing he is. He acts like he's doing you a favor by gracing your TV set with himself and his microphone.

My wife's grandma was suckered into bought a set or whatever of the SHAM-WOW! towels and gave us one. I could hardly contain myself. It was all I could do not to **** myself just to see if the SHAM-WOW! would, indeed, soak it up.

i'd pay to see that.