PDA

View Full Version : ARC-170 (Wampa Fire)

FundingMyAddiction
12-01-2008, 03:18 AM
So I was able to pick this up recently at a Toys R Us. I knew from the outset that it didn't differ all that much from the normal ARC-170. But since I'm generally a ship wh0re, I HAD to get it. I'd hoped that the Wampa breathing fire would already be on the ship (much like the Lucky Lekku on the Gunship) but to my dismay, the Wampa is merely a decal. Despite the fact that they're both "Clone Wars Variants" and they're both exclusives, we get stuck with a frikkin' sticker.

Is it really that hard to just put it on the ship already? Does it cost more for Hasbro? I feel like I just paid quite a bit for a normal ARC-170 and the smallest of decals that I have to apply myself.

Which do all of you prefer? I can't imagine that many people would choose the chinchy sticker over whatever you call it when it's already "painted" on the vehicle.

Why, Hasbro, why do you let me down? I love the concept behind the nose-art but at least execute it properly. The Lucky Lekku Gunship came out fine, so why not use the same methods?

pbarnard
12-01-2008, 09:02 AM
So I was able to pick this up recently at a Toys R Us. I knew from the outset that it didn't differ all that much from the normal ARC-170. But since I'm generally a ship wh0re, I HAD to get it. I'd hoped that the Wampa breathing fire would already be on the ship (much like the Lucky Lekku on the Gunship) but to my dismay, the Wampa is merely a decal. Despite the fact that they're both "Clone Wars Variants" and they're both exclusives, we get stuck with a frikkin' sticker.

I think somewhere Ralphie is going, "Drink your ovaltine!?!?!"

DarkJedi5
12-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Well that aught to make people happy. Anyone who wanted the Wampa Fire but didn't want to buy another ARC-170 can just ask Hasbro for replacement stickers and slap them on the one they've got.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-01-2008, 01:12 PM
If they had included multiple different nose art designs, then that would be one thing. As it is, though, I don't really care either way.