PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons Season 2

Jek Porky 2002
02-19-2002, 04:34 PM
I don't think the Simpsons entire first season has been released in America yet but any way,

Does anybody know when season 2 is out?

I've asked this question so many times before but never had an answer.

Wolfwood319
02-19-2002, 06:24 PM
I'm assuming you're talking about the DVD collections? Well, if you are, Simpsons Season 1 has been out for about 4 months here. We are getting season 2 in early March.

Each set is 3 DVDS, and the entire season is in one set, you can't get them seperate.

Beast
02-19-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
I'm assuming you're talking about the DVD collections? Well, if you are, Simpsons Season 1 has been out for about 4 months here. We are getting season 2 in early March.
Each set is 3 DVDS, and the entire season is in one set, you can't get them seperate.
Actually Wolfwood that's now incorrect. Season 2 is now not coming out until June 4th. :( It will also probably be 4 discs, as there are more episodes in season 2. Here are the specs incase you are intrested. :D

Bonus features:
Commentary for each episode
Interview with Matt Groening (11 minutes)
2 video clips
A documentary on the creation of an episode (7 minutes)
A report on the Emmy Awards (3 minutes)
Commercials of the DVD
5 others foreign commercials of the DVD
A photo gallery
Some easter eggs

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
02-20-2002, 04:18 PM
It's only been out four months, we've had it since September. I've never liked the first season, but I want to have all of them so I bought it any way, but Season 2 is by far one of the best along with season 3.

By the way I've found a leaflet from my Futurama DVD and it says Season 2 is out in May, but no specific date.

Jayspawn
02-20-2002, 05:17 PM
Well anyway, I'm getting ALL the seasons.

2-1B
02-21-2002, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
Well anyway, I'm getting ALL the seasons.

Me too:) I wish Fox would start churning these out. The delay until June for Season 2 is unacceptable. With so many seasons already completed, why wait more than 6 months in between? :confused:

Beast
02-21-2002, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Me too:) I wish Fox would start churning these out. The delay until June for Season 2 is unacceptable. With so many seasons already completed, why wait more than 6 months in between? :confused:
It sucks, I know. But with re-mastering the episodes, recording the audio commentaries, preparing the supplements, and manufacturing, it does take some time. 4 months would be better then 6+ on these. But please, nothing like Paramounts release schedule for Star Trek: The next generation. A $100 or so box set every 2 months is just a lil to much. :crazed:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
02-21-2002, 04:42 PM
I don't think so, at least there out and you can by them in your own time.
And you could get them reserved for when you can afford them.

Beast
03-20-2002, 01:44 PM
Update, the Simpsons: Season 2 DVD set has been delayed another month, now coming out in July instead of June. Here is the news from DVDfile.com.

Don't have a cow, man, it's only a month. Fox has just announced a postponement for The Simpsons: The Complete Second Season box set, which is now set for a 7/9 release. Retail price of $59.95 and features all stay the same.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
03-20-2002, 04:54 PM
Oh no, this is really bad news.

Beast
04-12-2002, 03:56 AM
Hey guys, guess what, suprise suprise...another delay. Simpsons Season 2 is now on the schedule for August 6th. :rolleyes: I think I will just forget about collecting the series, and hope that they speed up releasing "All in the Family" and "Farscape" :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
04-12-2002, 04:04 AM
This is a load of bantha poodoo! I bet that Fox doesn't even have Season 2 of the Simpsons. Some temp over at the Fox Vault spilled OJ on the crate carrying the second season, thus destroying them...:crazed:

I honestly can't fathom why they keep pushing back...

2-1B
08-31-2002, 04:19 AM
Hey, isn't Flanders a lefty? :confused:

I was watching Season 2 this week, and in the "Mini Golf" episode, I noticed Ned using his right hand . . . but later on in the series he opens his lefty store. :D

rynobot
08-31-2002, 04:21 AM
I can't wait to get this, if on;y I had some friggin money. :)

Jek Porky 2002
08-31-2002, 05:17 PM
Right, now that Season 2 is out, what's the latest on season 3?

Jek Porky 2002
09-01-2002, 07:24 AM
OK let me get things moving then, the simpsons archive says that Season 3 is rumoured for release on 2nd December in the UK and Australia, any thoughts?