PDA

View Full Version : My 15 seconds of fame, or I'll be on the radio Thursday December 4th

bobafrett
12-02-2008, 11:10 PM
Hey, I'm getting my 15 seconds of fame this Thursday on the Loop, Chicago's rock station. I had my Loop rock block picked to play on the air. A rock block is 4 songs that I chose, and I recorded my intro earlier today! Below is the script that I recieved via e-mail.

" Here is what you'll read when we call you today...

Hi this is Barry from Elmhurst and this is My Loop Rock Block!Lets kick it off with Pearl Jam "Not for You"on 97 - 9 the Loop, Chicago's Rock Station!

Hi this is Barry from Elmhurst and we're in the middle of My Loop Rock Block!Lets keep things going with The Black Crowes "Seeing Things"on 97 - 9 the Loop, Chicago's Rock Station!"

Here is the link to the loops website http://www.wlup.com , you might be able to listen live, by clicking on the link at the upper right hand corner of the loops page. That is if you aren't in the Chicago area where you can here it by tuning your radio dial to 97.9

I am scheduled to have my Loop rock block played at 6:00 p.m central time. this Thursday, December 4th. Hope you get a chance to listen! I look forward to getting some music that I picked, played on the air!

I have been on several news casts in one or another of my Star Wars costumes. I just don't know how to get the VHS onto the computer to share that with you..

Rocketboy
12-02-2008, 11:20 PM
What are the other 2 songs?

bobafrett
12-02-2008, 11:22 PM
What are the other 2 songs?
I believe thay are: Rush-In the End, and Great White "House of broken Love" or Skid Row-"Monkey Business" but I'm pretty sure they are Rush and Great White.

Rocketboy
12-02-2008, 11:26 PM
Thats cool.
"Not For You" is one of the handful of PJ songs I like.

bobafrett
12-02-2008, 11:29 PM
The theme of my list was "groups that I have seen in concert", not that you need a theme, I just figured if i had seen the group in concert, I must have liked them enough to want to hear them on the radio. I also remembered that I had also gone to see Barry Manilow play in concert, but that was only because the girl I was dating at the time was a Barry Manilow fan.

Tycho
12-02-2008, 11:35 PM
I like the Skid Row and Great White songs. Good choices Barry.

Have fun with this.

I used to imagine I was a DJ.

I'd play Queensryche, and Queensryche, and Queensryche. And then for some variety, I'd play a different album by Queensryche.

There are at least 5 other people out there (somewhere near Seattle) who think I'd make an excellent DJ. :D

bobafrett
12-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Queensryche wouldn't have fit into my theme though as I have yet to see them live. :sad:

Tycho
12-03-2008, 01:34 AM
Then I'm going to take you to a live Queensryche concert. I always intended to anyway.

bobafrett
12-04-2008, 08:28 PM
So did you hear it? I sounded pretty good, except my heavy nostril breath as I ended my call.

You can see the songs as they appeared on the Loops website, as each song played.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-06-2008, 07:02 PM
What no Skynyrd or Foghat? Is nothing sacred anymore?

Great list. Rush and Pearl Jam are two of my favorite rock bands from my earlier days. Rush is on my to-do concert list, and I am afraid at their age, I won't have many more opportunities to see them.

bobafrett
12-06-2008, 09:10 PM
My son wants to see them live again, Rush that is. I'm sure as long as the stones have been rocking, Rush too, will keep playing on!

mabudonicus
12-07-2008, 10:44 AM
You'll catch RUSH if you want to LBC, they are still going fairly strong- and I would imagine they'll play a few more times near Lakeside Park (which is about a 20 minute bicycle ride away, and YES I have drank by the lighthouse AND smoked on the pier MANY times, and done much more to boot)

I actually won tickets back in the 90's to see RUSH perform 2112 at Darien Lake, but they were for the very next day and I had NO way of getting there. I still have the unused, still stapled together tix somewheres

:beard: Iso&Baws

Nothin wrong with RUSH.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-07-2008, 01:25 PM
I have had siblings attend RUSH concerts in Virginia, Darien Lake, and Southern Ontario. I always had an excuse of why I couldn't go mabs, yet I fear that when I am ready for them, they will no longer be playing in our little neck of the woods, although, living closely to Toronto, means that if I make the effort, I am sure it would not be difficult seeing them.

bobafrett
12-07-2008, 06:29 PM
The first rock concert I ever saw was to see RUSH, and I won them through a radio station! I was forever a Rush fan from that point on. It was the Power Windows tour I believe.