PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Movies

Jek Porky 2002
02-19-2002, 05:39 PM
At the beggining of the year I made a list of all the movies I was going to see this year, these where the ones I could think of.

1.Star Wars: Episode II- Attack Of The Clones (I think I might drop by and see this if I get a bit of spare time!)
2.Vanilla Sky
3.Monsters inc. (I know it came out in 2001 in the U.S, but it has only just come out over here)
4.Austin Powers: Goldmember
5.Men In Black II
6.The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers (I think it's out this year)

I can't think of anymore right now, can you?

Wolfwood319
02-19-2002, 07:21 PM
These are the movies I'm looking forward to in order:

1. The Two Towers
2. Spider-man
3. AOTC
4. MIB 2
5. Bubba Ho-Tep (10 brownie points to those who know what this movie is about)

That's all I can think of now.

Rollo Tomassi
02-19-2002, 08:42 PM
I think MIBII will tank, but I'll go see it for laughs. Otherwise all that have been listed and:

Road to Perdition: Tom Hanks and Jude Law directed by Sam Mendes (American Beauty) in a '30's ganster flick.

Minority Report: Steve and Tom and Colin Farrell. Plus the story is pretty good...

Mike Troxell
02-19-2002, 10:25 PM
Star Wars, Spiderman, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Catch Me If You Can, Minority Report.

THE Slayer
02-19-2002, 10:47 PM
I'm not a jedi(yet), but I have this feeling that minority report will suck. Be that as it may, I'll probably still see it. I have the same feeling about panic room, but I'll see it too.

SithDroid
02-19-2002, 10:56 PM
Here are my picks. Top five in that order, the rest in no particular order.

1. Spiderman
2. AOTC
3. LOTR Two Towers
4. Count of Monte Cristo
5. Austin Powers 3
6. The Time Machine
7. We Were Soldiers
8. The Laramie Project
9. Resident Evil
10. E.T. re-release
11. Scooby Doo (Hate the actors in it, but I'll go see it)
12. Minority Report
13. Powerpuff Girls Movie (I like this show, you got a problem with that?)
14. Reign of Fire (might be cheesy, but sounds interesting)
15. K-19: The Widowmaker
16. MIB II (didn't like #1 that much, but I'll go see it)
17. Signs
18. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
19. Star Trek: Nemesis
20. Red Dragon
21. 8 Crazy Nights
22. Analyze That
23. Constantine
24. Chicago: The musical
25. Daredevil
26. Blade 2 (possibly)

The answer to your question Wolfwood319.....

Bubba Ho-Tep is a movie that tells the "true" story about what happens to Elvis Presley. He aparently switches identities with an Elvis Impersonator years before his death and finds himself as a resident in a rest home. He never got a chance to switch identities back because the impersonator died. The movie also deals with an Egyptian "ghost" of some sort that tries to take over the rest home and Elvis must stop him. Anyone who is a fan of Bruce Campbell should know this as he is playing Elvis.

Can I have my brownies now?:D

SithDroid
02-19-2002, 10:57 PM
Ooops. Also forgot Run, Ronnie, Run and Orange County.

El Chuxter
02-19-2002, 11:22 PM
Some really good choices. I've got to add Lilo and Stitch, and I think Treasure Planet comes out this year too. Oh, yeah, and Ice Age.

Can y'all tell meesa likes cartoons? :D

PloKoon2385
02-19-2002, 11:56 PM
I will see:
1. James Bond 20
2. MIBII
3. Harry Potter (just to laugh and cackle at my brother and mother)
4. Spiderman
5.E.T
6. Scooby Doo
7. Star Trek
8. That one movie.........what's it called?............umm............ I think it's called something like Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones......... what a stupid title....... wonder who made this movie. It'll never work. What a stupid idea. Some guy named George...... ha!:crazed: :crazed:

Wolfwood319
02-20-2002, 01:12 AM
I forgot about that Tom Hanks gangster flick. It was filmed near where I live and my uncle is an extra in it!

Also, I want to see Blade 2, that Mel Gibson/ M. Night Shallaman movie about crop circles.

And Sithdroid, you only get half the brownies because you forgot about the plot thread where an old black man thinks that he's JFK, and that the government is keeping his real body in deep freeze underneath the white house. Turns out its true...

Bruce Campbell as Elvis, fighting a mummy, what more could you want in a movie.

jeddah
02-20-2002, 08:02 AM
Signs, although I don't rate Mel Gibson, and this should've been set in Wiltshire, UK, I still am looking forward to it.

Goes without saying; LOTR and SW2

jeddah

SithDroid
02-20-2002, 10:41 AM
I knew about the JFK thing Wolfwood, I just didn't feel like posting it.

Rollo Tomassi
02-20-2002, 03:30 PM
Catch Me if you Can comes out this year? I didn't even think they had started shooting yet.:confused:

Run Ronnie Run!!! What's the hold up??:( :mad: They are releasing the entire series on DVD in April (supposedly)!! Yayy!:D

Lilo and Stitch looks like it might be fun.

Orang County sucked compared to his first film (Zero Effect)

Rollo Tomassi
02-20-2002, 03:32 PM
The really cool thing about Catch Me If You Can is it's the only thing standing between us and Indiana Jones IV!!!! Stevie said once he was done with it, he was devoting all his effort to Indy! Hooray!:happy:

Mike Troxell
02-20-2002, 04:09 PM
Catch Me If You Can is expected to be released late this year. I can't remember where it was on our preliminary release chart at AMC--the managers just put up a listing though Christmas.

Looks like it'll be another 2-movie Spielberg year (Much like 1993--JP and Schindler). I believe Minority Report is all but wrapped now, and it's just effects and reshoots. That gives Spielberg 10 months to complete Catch, a relatively low-on-special-effects flick.

Rollo Tomassi
02-20-2002, 04:25 PM
'97 was also a Speilberg double-bill. Amistad and Lost World. I guess if he gets CMIYC out before the end of the year it might be an Oscar darling. But it will be up against The Two Towers and it's 15 nominations!;)

master jedi
02-20-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by SithDroid
13. Powerpuff Girls Movie (I like this show, you got a problem with that?)

Yes, I do got a problem with that.:Pirate: aarrrr

Here's my list:
Spider Man
The Two Towers
AotC
Bond 20
E.T.
Star Trek
Scooby Doo
Austin Powers 3
MIB II
K-19: The Widowmaker

PloKoon2385
02-21-2002, 12:36 AM
Oh yeah! I also want to see Ice Age. I dunno, it looks good.

Wolfwood319
02-21-2002, 03:23 AM
Let's not forget "Jason X!":crazed:

Rollo Tomassi
02-21-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
Let's not forget "Jason X!":crazed:

New Line Cinema Exhibitor Relations

JASON X

The year is 2455. The place is Old Earth. Once the shimmering blue jewel of the galaxy, Old Earth is now a contaminated planet abandoned for centuries -- a brown world of violent storms, toxic landmasses and poisonous seas. Yet humans have returned to the deadly place that they once fled. Not to live, but to research the ancient rusting artifacts of the bygone civilizations that caused this enormous environmental disaster. And little does the most recent landing party of intrepid young explorers realize the fate that awaits them. Jason X is the tenth film in the classic Friday the 13thserie, one of the most prolific, enduring and successful horror series in the history of motion pictures.

Directed by Jim Isaac, the film is a Sean Cunningham presentation produced by Noel J. Cunningham. Written by Todd Farmer, the film stars Kane Hodder as Jason Vorhees.

JASON X opens at theatres on April 26th.

Just thought you guys needed a good laugh--Rollo.;)

SithDroid
02-21-2002, 08:55 PM
Let's not forget "Jason X!"

No, ...Let's.:D

warren
02-22-2002, 03:52 AM
I would like to watch this movies :

1. Staw Wars Episode 2
2. The Two Towers
3. Captain Corelli's Mandolin
4. Head Over Heels
5. I've Been Waiting for you.
6. E.T.

Guess that's it ... can;t think of any right now

warren
02-22-2002, 03:58 AM
Oh Yes .... Definitely Ice Age ...
Maybe Faust and Split second too ....

Rollo Tomassi
02-22-2002, 07:47 AM
Do you, by any chance, own rabbits, Warren?;)

Somebody refresh my memory. What is Split Second? And what is I've been Waiting For You?

2-1B
03-24-2006, 03:38 AM
Split Second stars Jeff Fahey, so you know right there it can't be any good. Plus, it won't even be released until 2005. :)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478274/