PDA

View Full Version : Toy Fair 2009 - Hopes and Dreams

Obsession is Nute
12-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Am I the only one thinking February 15th won't get here fast enough?

Having collected everything I want, short of Legacy wave 5, I am ready to see what is in store for us next year. I know that the ESB wave, the next set of comic packs, and some of the titanium waves for next year have been reveiled, but that is it.

All I want, really really want, is ROTS Nute Gunray. Please Hasbro, he is a named character, with lines and serves a purpose in the plot!

I would also like to see Ysanne Ishard and Guri too.

Anything on your wish lists?

bigbarada
12-07-2008, 12:11 AM
Yes! My wishlist is (all of these figures should be as super articulated as possible):

1. Kithaba
2. Gamorrean Guard (total resculpt, the same level of quality that we saw in VTAC Bossk)
3. Admiral Ackbar (same as Gamorrean, total resculpt)
4. Giran
5. Vedain
6. vintage Nikto remake
7. Weequay (total resculpt)
8. Weequay Skiffmaster
9. ROTJ Y-Wing Pilot (grey flightsuit)
10. OT C-3PO (super articulated, no vac-metallized parts)

I'd also love to see a super-articulated Barada resculpt; but I won't even start asking for that before 2010.

Obsession is Nute
12-07-2008, 01:51 AM
I agree with you Barada, those are some good choices. Of the OT, I think ROTJ has the greatest number of figures that need to be made. I especially want to see the gamorrean gaurd remade. The old scupt was good back in the day, but we definitely need a new one. For Heaven's sake, they are the most frequently featured "alien" in Jabba's palace. I would also like to see a good Royal Gaurd, minus the nonsensical cloth capes that just don't look right. If they have to be pepper shakers again, then so be it.

I would still like to see a perfect Emperor, and a couple more of his dignitaries get made, too.

Blue2th
12-07-2008, 01:54 AM
I want to see some Clone Wars ships, particularly the Y-Wing prototype and a Twilight.

sebillba
12-07-2008, 02:47 AM
I seem to have been losing interest in SW this year.... partly because I've been sidetracked by Indy collecting, but also because I've found the recent waves particularly uninspiring. But now Hasbro have announced a second ANH wave for next year, I've got renewed hope we may finally see Bom Vimdin... if he's announced it could well be the spark I need to get me excited about the SW line again.

I would also be ecstatic if the Utai were being made, but I know that's not going to happen any time soon.

bigbarada
12-07-2008, 03:12 AM
I seem to have been losing interest in SW this year.... partly because I've been sidetracked by Indy collecting, but also because I've found the recent waves particularly uninspiring. But now Hasbro have announced a second ANH wave for next year, I've got renewed hope we may finally see Bom Vimdin... if he's announced it could well be the spark I need to get me excited about the SW line again.

I would also be ecstatic if the Utai were being made, but I know that's not going to happen any time soon.

I'm pretty much in the same boat when it comes to Kithaba. I've been patiently petitioning for the figure for over 6 years now and then, a few months ago I hear that he is on the rumor list for 2009. Then, shortly after that he disappears from the rumor lists.

If he doesn't show up at Toy Fair, then I'm ready to just call it quits. I'll buy the ten figures that I listed if they are made, but my interest in the line is faltering fast.

Battle Droid
12-07-2008, 04:14 AM
All I want, really really want, is ROTS Nute Gunray. Please Hasbro, he is a named character, with lines and serves a purpose in the plot!

Ditto, and ROTS Rune Haako!:D

AmanaMatt
12-07-2008, 10:12 AM
BigBarada's list might has well be my own...

I want all OT figures done

I would love a hyper detailed, non vac metalized threepio, with accurate protocol droid arm detailing...

El Chuxter
12-07-2008, 12:40 PM
I hope Mattel unveils world peace, McFarlane cures cancer, and Hasbro ends world hunger.

DarthBrandon
12-07-2008, 01:38 PM
I hope they make a few that may spark some interest, as I would like to see some of the figures listed above. I hope they make some new ships like Palpy's shuttle or the Tantive IV, if not then I'm content with what I have so far.

There are so many lines of toys (WWE 3 3/4, Mcfarlane NHL, Mattel DC Universe Classics, Indiana Jones & some Marvel Legends when Hasbro chooses to let them out) that my son & I are collecting right now, if S.W. isn't cutting it well I just focus on the other lines.

Devo
12-07-2008, 01:46 PM
I would also like to see a good Royal Gaurd, minus the nonsensical cloth capes that just don't look right. If they have to be pepper shakers again, then so be it.

I would still like to see a perfect Emperor, and a couple more of his dignitaries get made, too.

Indeedio. We've had the SA soft goods monstrosities for those who are into that sort of thing - now we need a proper royal guard that actually looks good - and an Emperor too - I just want a more detailed plastic resculpt - not another figure who can use his robes as a parachute. And it'd be nice to get the vintage dignitary and the one with the tall hat - again sculpted robes not softgoods - for consistency sake at least.

I just wanna see new OT figs - its been a very quiet period of time on the OT front apart from the Falcon and the UBPs.

DarkArtist
12-07-2008, 02:10 PM
I want to see some Clone Wars ships, particularly the Y-Wing prototype and a Twilight.

would love to see the Y-Wing from Clone Wars...that ship is awesome and really wish they would use it more in the series

I hope Mattel unveils world peace, McFarlane cures cancer, and Hasbro ends world hunger.

that would be a nice thing to see, would also love to see the recession end and the price of action figures drop to the good old days of $.99 and come with a ton of accessories etc. also all figures are SA.

I hope they make a few that may spark some interest, as I would like to see some of the figures listed above. I hope they make some new ships like Palpy's shuttle or the Tantive IV, if not then I'm content with what I have so far.

Palpatine's shuttle would rock. a Tantive IV would be cool to see but I can't believe Hasbro would give us the exact design and size we would want. although it would be neat to see

as for myself, I would love to see the following:

Death Star II Luke Skywalker SA with cuffs, normal face sculpt, lightsaber, hilt, and maybe attachable Force lighting effect

Death Star II Emperor Palpatine SA with Force Lighting attachmets, Throne, decent face sculpt

Imperial TIE Defender - with SA Pilot
Z-95 Headhunter - with pilot

EU Wave Hopes :

Jacen Solo
Jaina Solo
Anakin Solo
Nom Anor
Kyle Katarn Dark Forces II
Jan Ors
Jerec and the Dark Jedi Dark Forces II

Tycho
12-07-2008, 02:34 PM
I want a Billy Mays action figure with scaled size samples of Oxy-Clean so I can recreat him battling tough stains - even on rugs.

I want a Michael Bay action figure wearing a Decepticon T-shirt and black leather jacket with a voice ship that says "Awesome!" in his actual voice. He should also have a movie camera accessory.

I want an Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci action figure two-pack. They should be dressed in Star Trek Underoos, come with scaled figures of the Wheelie Transformer, and be made of combustable material and include real matches in their packaging.

I want Tropic Thunder action figures of Robert Downey Jr. "in black people disguise," Ben Stiller with panda bear camaouflage, Jack Black in his underwear, tied to a tree, with scaled packages of heroin, and Nick Nolte with a dead director's corpse's head. They should also make that kid drug lord and the baby with the knife - oh and Tom Cruise as a bald Jew with gold chains.

I want a Star Wars Prequels bust of George Lucas' head which opens to reveal that there's NOTHING in there.

I want the same of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull replica of Steven Spielberg's head, only it's simulated crystal, and when you open it, there's a Shia LeBouf action figure that comes out of Spielberg's brain.

El Chuxter
12-07-2008, 03:18 PM
I want a Billy Mays action figure with scaled size samples of Oxy-Clean so I can recreat him battling tough stains - even on rugs.
I'd prefer a Vince Offer figure. Because you're going to spend twenty bucks a month on paper towels, anyway.

bigbarada
12-07-2008, 03:32 PM
that would be a nice thing to see, would also love to see the recession end and the price of action figures drop to the good old days of $.99 and come with a ton of accessories etc. also all figures are SA.

I don't think the figures were ever $0.99. I believe $1.79 was the cheapest the original 1978 figures went for, when they weren't on clearance.

I remember buying ROTJ figures for $2.89 back in 1985.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-07-2008, 05:08 PM
I'd prefer a Vince Offer figure. Because you're going to spend twenty bucks a month on paper towels, anyway.
I'd like to see a Vince Battlepack, so you can have four figures: one for the house, the car, the boat, the RV.

Really, though, we know we're getting these TLC waves in the 2009 lineup, which should make OT-only people happy:

1. ESB - 6 figures
2. ROTJ - 8 figures
3. ANH - 8 figures
4. TPM - 6 figures
5. ROTS - 6 figures
6. ESB - 6 figures

Not including the ANH wave that will be here likely in a few weeks, and the EU wave which they said has "slipped" to 2010. We already know most of what's in the first two waves, along with the new Jawa in wave 3, Obi-Wan in wave 4, and Willrow Hood in wave 6. I don't expect to see anything past the first two waves in person, with perhaps wave 3 in the slideshow presentation.

I'd like to see just what the Target and Walmart exclusive 2-packs are (a retooled Coleman Trebor will be at Target, and Walmart will be having more Droid Factory sets). I'm also curious to see what's in store for The Clone Wars line, as I'm really getting into it (I would love a Rookies set and Argyus, for starters). I expect to see the Magnaguard Fighter and whatever the hell the Super Vulture Droid is.

El Chuxter
12-07-2008, 06:35 PM
I'd like to see a Vince Battlepack, so you can have four figures: one for the house, the car, the boat, the RV.

Such an awesome deal would have to be an exclusive for a very short time. Because they can't do this all day.

Old Fossil
12-07-2008, 06:49 PM
I hope and dream Hasbro can again make a Star Wars figure that is awesome enough to make me hope and dream about it.:tired:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Such an awesome deal would have to be an exclusive for a very short time. Because they can't do this all day.
And would they even need to advertise it? I don't know; it sells itself.

Tycho
12-08-2008, 02:07 AM
Here's what I'd WISH for:

1. ESB - 6 figures

1. Luke Medical Frigate
2. Leia Medical Frigate
3. Treva Horme
4. Wiorkettle
5. Utriss M'Toc
6. Edian (black Bespin Guard)

2. ROTJ - 8 figures

1. Sim Aloo
2. Woof
3. Sgt. Doallyn
4. Kithaba
5. Taym Dren-Garen
6. Lumat
7. Warok
8. Luke Death Star II (tunic flap open)

3. ANH - 8 figures (problems are Tonnikas, no hero anchor, I don't even want 8 ANH figures)

1. Brea Tonnika
2. Senni Tonnika
3. Bom Vimdim
4. Saurin
5. Tzizvvt
6. Reegesk
7. Rebel Flight Tech
8. ------------------

4. TPM - 6 figures (problems are 2 Padmes, EU cartoon podracer)

1. Tey How
2. Daultay Dofine
3. Queen Amidala (Return to Naboo)
4. Queen Amidala (post-Senate)
5. Wald
6. Wan Sandage

5. ROTS - 6 figures (problem is 2 Padmes)

1. Utai
2. Emperor Palpatine (Yoda duel)
3. Bail Organa speeder pilot
4. Padme Amidala Senate outfit (declaration of Empire)
5. fat Polis Massan
6. Padme Amidala with Leia hair buns

6. ESB - 6 figures (problem is "no bad guys")

1. Ultimate Han Solo Carbonite
2. Hoth Rebel Soldier (tan vest, vintage update)
3. R2D2 radar dish
4. R5 droid offered in current Hoth battlepack (black head, white body)
5. woman from Cloud City evacuation scene
6. Wilrow Hood

mark2d2
12-08-2008, 04:18 AM
I hope to see the recently announced second ANH wave. We know (confirmed now in two different Hasbro Q & As) that we are getting a second Jawa packed with none other than RX-7KPR. This is super cool in my book as along with the first ANH wave's WED-15 "Septoid 2" this completes the "Purchase of the Droids" line up, meaning a longtime dream of mine will be at last fulfilled. My tiny Sandcrawler is getting crowded. Crazy.

Yeah, definitely wanna see pics of RX-7KPR! I've wanted this figure forever and figured I'd get him eventually but not until 2010 or so. Indeed, his coming is a most pleasent surprise.

As for the other figures in the wave, I am open to a lot of things. I'd like to see a Saurin at long last and perhaps the ever elusive "other" Duro. An all-new Cantina Band member would be most welcome as well. These are my fantasy 3. If I get even one I will be a happy man.

An all new Dewback would be something to get excited about. The only POTF2 issue is pretty dated in terms of deco, and I STILL can't get a Sandtrooper to sit on him decently other than the buffed up original pack in.

The Clone Wars Y-wing would rule as well, but Hasbro keeps saying that they are having problems designing this bad boy, and I believe them. I believe this WILL happen, but don't expect to see much at Toy Fair.

Final delusion fantasy? An upsized retooled all-new Escape Pod. Won't happen anytime soon... But hey, it'd be pretty dang cool.

Devo
12-08-2008, 10:12 AM
That last sandcrawler droid is pretty small isn't it? If so I'd love to see Hasbro give us the Tall Jawa with it to add further diversity to the jawa ranks. Don't think they will though.

If I had my way in 2009:

-a decent amount of brand new OT figures (but not every wave, the wallet needs recovery time)
-at least one new Fantasy scale OT vehicle
-no more ball-jointed necks (the ruination of too many figures)
-minimal use of soft-goods (when they go wrong they go wrong)
-Quality Control to extend its domain into joint aesthetics so no abomination like TAC jedi Luke ever gets inflicted upon us again

DarkArtist
12-08-2008, 10:46 AM

1. ESB - 6 figures

1. Luke Medical Frigate
2. Leia Medical Frigate
3. Treva Horme
4. Wiorkettle
5. Utriss M'Toc

2. ROTJ - 8 figures

1. Sim Aloo
2. Woof
3. Sgt. Doallyn
4. Kithaba
5. Taym Dren-Garen
6. Lumat
7. Warok

3. ANH - 8 figures (problems are Tonnikas, no hero anchor, I don't even want 8 ANH figures)

1. Brea Tonnika
2. Senni Tonnika
3. Bom Vimdim
4. Saurin
5. Tzizvvt
6. Reegesk
7. Rebel Flight Tech
8. ------------------

4. TPM - 6 figures (problems are 2 Padmes, EU cartoon podracer)

1. Tey How
2. Daultay Dofine
3. Queen Amidala (Return to Naboo)
4. Queen Amidala (post-Senate)
5. Wald
6. Wan Sandage

5. ROTS - 6 figures (problem is 2 Padmes)

1. Utai
2. Emperor Palpatine (Yoda duel)
3. Bail Organa speeder pilot
4. Padme Amidala Senate outfit (declaration of Empire)
5. fat Polis Massan
6. Padme Amidala with Leia hair buns

6. ESB - 6 figures (problem is "no bad guys")

1. Ultimate Han Solo Carbonite
2. Hoth Rebel Soldier (tan vest, vintage update)
3. R2D2 radar dish
4. R5 droid offered in current Hoth battlepack (black head, white body)
5. woman from Cloud City evacuation scene
6. Wilrow Hood

nice list Tycho. would love to see a bunch of these get the plastic treatment especially the DS II Luke, Palpatine and the Padme's. Ultimate Han Carbonite sounds cool as well.

but what about ships / vehicles any in particular you'd be interested in ?

TheDarthVader
12-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Personally, I am hoping for a ROTJ paint themed B-wing fighter. That is the main thing that I am wishing for.

Tycho
12-08-2008, 12:04 PM
nice list Tycho. would love to see a bunch of these get the plastic treatment especially the DS II Luke, Palpatine and the Padme's. Ultimate Han Carbonite sounds cool as well.

but what about ships / vehicles any in particular you'd be interested in ?

Well I voted in all of MadSlantedPowers' vehicle polls.

Jabba's Sailbarge is my MUST-HAVE! I own 3 skiffs (2 for that scene) and I want the sailbarge and to build my own Pit of Karkoon display (I've no intention of buying the Hasbro battlepack - I've seen much cooler custom jobs).

After that, I want to do the Battle of Kashyyyk very nicely with:

Droid Gunships
Tank Droids
a TurboTank
a Wookiee Catamaran
(and the stuff I have already: AT-RT, AT-AP, Wookiee Flyer, Dwarf Spider Droids, Hailfire Droid, Homing Spider Droid - etc. - I'll throw it all in whether you saw it in the movie or not).

I also want the Gungan Bongo Submarine to put in a collage of the Naboo rescue of the Queen (the sub will be starting to go over the waterfall and the Jedi will appear in several places - the sub - and defeating the Security Droids to free Padme, Panaka, and Sio Bibble, along with guards and handmaidens - plus the Royal Starship will be escaping overhead with a full crew and all the astromech droids).

I want the Lars Family Landspeeder to add to the homestead scene with the Sandcrawler and Droid Auction, as well as one to put on the streets of Mos Eisley outside of my cantina.

If Hasbro made the Tantive IV at the scale of my custom, I'd buy it. But I'm concerned my custom will always be BETTER actually, and I should invest my funds towards improving it (detail-wise).

A Star Destroyer is wished for in the same vein, but I have plans for a cool 7-9 foot custom if I get things squared away with a house to display it in first.

Twin-Pod Cloud Cars (3 of them) are almost an afterthought because I have pilots for them from 2004 and I've always planned to just get vintage ones resold on eBay if I have to - but Hasbro could re-do this nicely with hidden firing missiles exactly as they produced them for the Geonosian fighter toy.
Then with the missiles, it would be "an aggressive craft" that Hasbro could market towards the kiddies, too. In ESB, the TPCC fired twice across the Falcon's bow anyway. So therefore it's not too far-fetched. Purists could just keep the missile pannels closed. Toy enthusiasts know that since the ships can't fire real lasers, Hasbro usually offers firing missiles to represent lasers anyway.

I might also be interested in the Rebel Transport from ESB, but Hasbro should do a play-interior in it, rather than re-issue the old carrying case.

In terms of Expanded Universe vehicles:

IG-88's IG-2000 would be so awesome, and I want to display it fighting Slave-One as the droid tried to steal Fett's carbon-frozen Solo for Jabba's bounty. Fans of the Droids cartoon show from the 80's also remember the IG-2000, in addition to its role in Shadows of the Empire.

The Yuuzhan Vong Corralskipper Fighter - would be nice to fleet-build these and put them up against the 1979 X-wing molds as piloted by some EU pilots, Wedge, Corran, and Jaina Solo.

Prince Xizor's Virago fighter was once planned, too. Being pursued by the Outrider, old Millennium Falcon, and Darth Vader's TIE Fighter would make a cool display to hang from the ceiling!

There's a lot Hasbro can still do to hold my enthusiasm for Star Wars and even more vehicles I could continue to list.

DarkJedi5
12-08-2008, 12:29 PM
What I really want to see are beasts. A ton of the figures and vehicles from the POTF2 line have been resculpted and modernized with some pretty cool results but where is a redone Dewback or Tauntaun? Heck what about Jabba the Hutt for cryin out loud! I know we have the tremendous Rancor on it's way and hasbro confirmed in a q&a somewhere that we'll see the tauntaun, dewback or kaduu in '09 but I would like to see more than just that. I feel it is an important aspect of the line and the only part from the original release that wasn't dumb (I'm looking at you crowd control stormtrooper) that hasn't really been brought up to modern standards.

obi-dad
12-08-2008, 12:34 PM

1. ESB - 6 figures

1. Luke Medical Frigate
2. Leia Medical Frigate
3. Treva Horme
4. Wiorkettle
5. Utriss M'Toc

2. ROTJ - 8 figures

1. Sim Aloo
2. Woof
3. Sgt. Doallyn
4. Kithaba
5. Taym Dren-Garen
6. Lumat
7. Warok

Well, I know this is a wish list, but since the ESB wave has already been totally confirmed by Hasbro and the ROTJ has been partially confirmed, I wish to see the actual figures:

2009: The Empire Strikes Back
Captain Needa (UPC: 65356935491)
Ugnaught (UPC: 65356935957)
Hoth Rebel Soldier (UPC: 65356935958)
Luke (Med Frigate) Prosthetic Hand (UPC: 65356935489)
Leia (Med Frigate) (UPC: 65356935956)
Emperor Palpatine (UPC: 65356935490)

2009: Return of the Jedi
Eight Figures Included
- "Interesting" Leia - possibly a "concept" Leia
- Luke Skywalker - DS2
- Malakili (Rancor Keeper)
- Nikto Guard
- Ewok(s?) - At least one of Paploo or Teebo
* Wooof confirmed to be delayed to 2010.

You know what else I'd love to see? The center piece for the Cantina bar. Now that would be some nice news.

mark2d2
12-08-2008, 01:12 PM
That last sandcrawler droid is pretty small isn't it? If so I'd love to see Hasbro give us the Tall Jawa with it to add further diversity to the jawa ranks. Don't think they will though.

That would be very, very cool. It does seem out of character for Hasbro though.

Still, that last droid is VERY small. And demands minimal articulation as well. Perhaps they will though us an additional bone by throwning in an additional unproduced droid? The stove pipe droid M-HYD seem in the Sandcrawler rolling in across the screen in front of the Power Droid.

Unlikely, yes. But hey, it's still fun to dream...

DarkJedi5
12-08-2008, 01:19 PM
I think the tall Jawa is a great idea, he's very noticeable in the scene and should be made. The stove pipe droid, while interesting, doesn't get me excited the way the Yao Ming Jawa would.

DarkArtist
12-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Personally, I am hoping for a ROTJ paint themed B-wing fighter. That is the main thing that I am wishing for.

while i love the B-Wing, i can't bring myself to buy another. have the original Kenner version, the POTJ version and the Dagger Squadron version. i'm all B-Winged out. the thing that kills me most is the fact that they put a new exclusive pilot with each and that makes me want to get one.

DarkArtist
12-08-2008, 01:34 PM
What I really want to see are beasts. A ton of the figures and vehicles from the POTF2 line have been resculpted and modernized with some pretty cool results but where is a redone Dewback or Tauntaun? Heck what about Jabba the Hutt for cryin out loud! I know we have the tremendous Rancor on it's way and hasbro confirmed in a q&a somewhere that we'll see the tauntaun, dewback or kaduu in '09 but I would like to see more than just that. I feel it is an important aspect of the line and the only part from the original release that wasn't dumb (I'm looking at you crowd control stormtrooper) that hasn't really been brought up to modern standards.

ahhh. c'mon I thought the Crowd Control Stormtrooper was by far one of Hasbro's greatest figures to date. i actually want to army build him. :laugh::laugh:

seriously though i agree we are long overdue for some newly resculpted breasts. i also would love to see them re-issue the Eopie as well, that's the only beast i'm missing along with the AOTC Reek.

Well, I know this is a wish list, but since the ESB wave has already been totally confirmed by Hasbro and the ROTJ has been partially confirmed, I wish to see the actual figures:

Captain Needa (UPC: 65356935491)

Eight Figures Included
- Luke Skywalker - DS2
- Nikto Guard
- Ewok(s?) - At least one of Paploo or Teebo
* Wooof confirmed to be delayed to 2010.

You know what else I'd love to see? The center piece for the Cantina bar. Now that would be some nice news.

would love to see the center section of the bar completed finally. "Interesting Leia" just give us a super articulated Slave Leia where the joints aren't so noticable (ie something the the Taraka Microman sets)

DarkJedi5
12-08-2008, 01:41 PM
while i love the B-Wing, i can't bring myself to buy another. have the original Kenner version, the POTJ version and the Dagger Squadron version. i'm all B-Winged out. the thing that kills me most is the fact that they put a new exclusive pilot with each and that makes me want to get one.
I agree about the B-Wing, I have always loved it because it was my first Star Wars toy when the POTF line ended in the 80s. But my original was snapped in half (I think dad stepped on it) and for some reason the only "replacement" I've ever gotten was the Dagger Squadron. I hate how fighters now come with exclusive figures, but for an honest to goodness ROTJ B-Wing, I might buy another one.

sebillba
12-08-2008, 02:15 PM
seriously though i agree we are long overdue for some newly resculpted breasts.

Sounds like your mind was already onto your next point..... lol

...."Interesting Leia" just give us a super articulated Slave Leia where the joints aren't so noticable (ie something the the Taraka Microman sets)

obi-dad
12-08-2008, 02:50 PM
seriously though i agree we are long overdue for some newly resculpted breasts.

would love to see the center section of the bar completed finally. "Interesting Leia" just give us a super articulated Slave Leia where the joints aren't so noticable (ie something the the Taraka Microman sets)

Sounds like your mind was already onto your next point..... lol

Wow! I can't believe I missed that. My mind must not be as bad as I thought! I had to go back and read the original post to make surre you didn't "play" with the quote.

As far as the SA Slave Leia, unfortunately, Hasbro confirmed she wasn't coming in 2009. (but I would be happy with a reclining Slave Leia statue if they released a resculpted Jabba & dias).

Tycho
12-08-2008, 03:34 PM
From these:

WILL Buy:

Captain Needa (UPC: 65356935491) - to use as generic Imp Officer

Eight Figures Included
- Luke Skywalker - DS2
- Nikto Guard
- Ewok(s?) - At least one of Paploo or Teebo (I will not buy another Teebo - probably - I want Paploo! Kenny Baker portrayed him, too!)
* Wooof confirmed to be delayed to 2010. - DARN IT! I really want Wooof!

WON'T Buy:

Jabbapalacespy
12-09-2008, 10:17 AM
I'm really disappointed that Wooof is being pushed back until 2010. :( I guess my vintage figure will have to keep standing in for now. But they said his slot will be filled by another skiff guard so maybe it will be a new Weequay or Nikto guard, or maybe even Fozec! I hope they reveal all the new 2009 figures for ROTJ at Toy Fair.

I'm still pumped for the Cantina aliens and jawa/droid packs though.:thumbsup: I've almost completed my Jabba's throne room diorama and I'm getting ready to start on Jabba's droid dungeon and after that, the Cantina! :D

Cane_Adiss
12-09-2008, 11:23 AM
I realize I'm very specifically focused on what I'd like to see so not everyone will like my want list! Since it's been confirmed that some from my wishlists aren't going to appear in 2009, I'll list some for 2010 as well.
Hopes for 2009:

ROTJ (the only two as yet unconfirmed figure slots):
1. Attark/ BG-J38 2pack
2. Jess

ANH: (cantina aliens!)
1. Leesub Sirln
2. Tzizvvt
3. Kal'Falnl C'ndros
4. Arliel Schous
5. Jawa w/ droid (already confirmed)
6. Melas
7. Solomahal
8. Mosep Binneed

TPM: (bunch of possible 2 packs)
1. Tey How
2. Mawhonic/ Ark "bumpy" Roose
3. Obi Wan (confirmed)
4. Elan Mak/ Ebe Endocott
5. Aldar Beedo/ Elan Mak
6. Wald/ Kitster

ROTS: (aliens aliens aliens)
1. Mon Calamari Dancer
2. Veedaaz Awmetth
3. Eeusu Estornii
4. Utai
5. Tundra Dowmeia
6. Lava Flea

ESB: (aliens and droids)
1. Utris M'toc
2. Treva Horme
3. Wiorkettle
4. Probe Droid (all new)
5. 2-1B (all new)
6. Wilrow Hood (already confirmed)

Target Jedi Packs:
1. Coleman Trebor (confirmed)
2. Tarados Gon (rumored)
3. Yarael Poof (all new)
4. Adi Gallia (all new)
5. Depa Billaba (all new)
6. Oppo Rancisis (all new)
8. Fi-Ek Sirch (all new)

EU wave:
1.Shaak Ti (TFU confirmed)
2. Guri (SOTE Evolutions suit confirmed, comic pack?)
3. Dash Rendar
4. Leebo
5. Shada D'ukal/ Karoly D'ulin ("Tonnika Sisters" I realize a snowball's chance in hell)
6. Chewie as Snoova

2010 hopes:
Cane Adiss
Loje Nella
Revwien
Wam Lufba
Orrimaarko (resculpt)
EV9D9 (resculpt)
Aurra Sing (all new)
Guri (red outfit as seen in SOTE comics and Decipher card)

Any Cantina, Jabba's Palace or Podrace characters they haven't made or updated for 2009!

Tycho
12-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Guri from SOTE:E is confirmed, eh?

I wonder who she'll come packed with? Luke Tan Vest? Dash Rendar? The medical droid? Either of the bounty hunters or Xizor's niece would be cool, too. Leia needs her SOTE:E outfit produced, too - but there have been an awful lot of Leia figures in Comic 2-packs. She could be made significantly different if done pregnant, for Heir to the Empire, instead.

Obsession is Nute
12-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Are you sure Guri is confirmed? I thought I read Hasbro saying "If Guri were produced, we would likely do the Shadows of the Empire: Evolution outfit."

I was fairly sure the IF was in there. Perhaps the very fact they would comment on which outfit they would do her in, suggests that they have already discussed and decided on doing her in the future.

I would be very suprised if they do not do her next year, eventually they are going to run out of comic series to do, unless they go back and repeat ones they did already, but with new characters.

Obsession is Nute
12-09-2008, 02:21 PM
Also while we are on the topic, have we heard any news on the release dates for next year's figures?

I suppose one of my major wishes is some bloody regularity on the roll out of figures. What I have coined "The Great Figure Drought of 2008" That we suffered between February and late July of this year was ridiculous.

Are we going to be getting the same problems in 09'?

DarkJedi5
12-09-2008, 03:31 PM
With the 6 or 7 waves we've been promised (not counting the ANH wave that should show up in early Jan) I really can't imagine that happening unless somehow they get stacked and we get two waves shipping at once. Which would be bad because then something would inevitably become impossible to find. But it wouldn't be the first time.

Sinscia Fat'o
12-09-2008, 04:27 PM
my hopes for 09?

Exar Kun, with a decent head, SA, soft goods robes, and tunic piece, double bladed lightsaber, with hilt piece.

Guri, SA, i will settle for whatever outfit they through at me.

Jacen Solo, from Legacy of the force, either as a darth or as a jedi...i would prefer the sith version though. (Sa, soft goods black robes, lightsaber, w/hilt piece, and a blaster with a holster.

Jess, SA, if they do her as good as they did Yarna... Then this would be a great figure.

Luke Skywalker (Sprit) From the legacy comic book, just like the TAC Anakin sprit.

Others i would like to see, Aura Sing, Aayla Secura, Nomi Sunrider, Han Solo EU, and from ESB, Luke Skywalker SOTE, Leia (Slave girl--See Jess), Jainia Solo, any figure from Star Wars Legacy Novels...

dindae
12-09-2008, 04:50 PM
I have pretty much quit collecting. Although I think some of the ANH and ESB figure will be hard to pass up. The only that interest me is new figures. I would like to see the heroes from the KOTR comic. I believe that they will announce a new large vehicle and that will be cool to see even if I won't buy it.

Tycho
12-09-2008, 05:55 PM
I have pretty much quit collecting. Although I think some of the ANH and ESB figure will be hard to pass up. The only that interest me is new figures. I would like to see the heroes from the KOTR comic. I believe that they will announce a new large vehicle and that will be cool to see even if I won't buy it.

Why have you quit? Why did you buy SW stuff in the first place:

1) do "collect" - as in complete getting everything (for something to do, or whatever)

2) do make dioramas so you could set up scenes (Han, Luke, Chewie, fighting stormtroopers, etc.)

3) you fancied certain things (having the BMF with crew aboard)

What will you do with your stuff if you don't buy more?

1) do you think you can keep what you have and still enjoy it?

2) do you think you have to get rid of it because you're not continuing to enjoy contributing more money and space towards more of it?

3) do you think it will be valuable if you hold on to it for many years into the future?

4) do you want to give it to your own kids, nephews, disadvantaged children?

What will you do (in light of your answers above) if they make some character you always wanted (fill in the name here)?

1) Will you re-purchase a limited amount of characters that go with this specific new character?

2) Will you add that new character (loose or carded) to your collection of specific SW items you want to keep (cantina aliens, etc.)?

3) Will you just buy obscure strange stuff (Wioslea, Bom Vimdim) and keep it for a while, getting rid of the rest of the common stuff (battle droids)?

obi-dad
12-09-2008, 06:33 PM
ROTJ (the only two as yet unconfirmed figure slots):
1. Attark/ BG-J38 2pack
2. Jess
I would LOVE to see BG-J38 confirmed... Jess, I would buy, but don't care as much about. I would love to see Sim Aloo, Kithaba, Admiral Ackbar, Gammorean Guard, or the Nikto guard confirmed w/pics. Push any remaining of these to my 2010 wishlist

ANH: (cantina aliens!)
1. Leesub Sirln
2. Tzizvvt
3. Kal'Falnl C'ndros
4. Arliel Schous
5. Jawa w/ droid (already confirmed)
6. Melas
7. Solomahal
8. Mosep Binneed
Give me the tall Jawa with the droid (forgot the name, but last remaining unmade droid from the Purchase of the Droids scene and give me Bom Vadim and I wouldn't care what the others were. Maybe another Imperial officer, Rebel Fleet Trooper, or even a Tarkin resculpt. Did I mention Baniss Keeg??? I've been waiting since POTJ for my 2nd Duros!

TPM: (bunch of possible 2 packs)
1. Tey How
2. Mawhonic/ Ark "bumpy" Roose
3. Obi Wan (confirmed)
4. Elan Mak/ Ebe Endocott
5. Aldar Beedo/ Elan Mak
6. Wald/ Kitster
Give me Tey How!!! With Obi and a Mawhonic/Ark "bumpy" Roose 2pack (if Hasbro would do that) and again, I wouldn't care how Hasbro filled in the rest of the wave.

ROTS: (aliens aliens aliens)
1. Mon Calamari Dancer
2. Veedaaz Awmetth
3. Eeusu Estornii
4. Utai
5. Tundra Dowmeia
6. Lava Flea

None of these names looks familiar, (other than the MC dancer)... may or might not buy any of these and I can't think of any ROTS figures I'm dying for anyway, unless you take Owen & Beru out of AOTC and put them here.

ESB: (aliens and droids)
1. Utris M'toc
2. Treva Horme
3. Wiorkettle
4. Probe Droid (all new)
5. 2-1B (all new)
6. Wilrow Hood (already confirmed)
ICMG would be cool just to finally get... I would love for Hasbro to confirm Toryrn Farr w/ion cannon control, Bespin Han is a must for a resculpt, Zuckuss, (which has already been confirmed, but not sure if for 2009 or 2010),a new Bespin guard & ESB 2-1B resculpt would be nice.

2010 hopes:
Cane Adiss
Loje Nella
Revwien
Wam Lufba
Orrimaarko (resculpt)
EV9D9 (resculpt)
Aurra Sing (all new)
Guri (red outfit as seen in SOTE comics and Decipher card)
Hasbro needs to confirm Beru, Owen & Clieg and get them out. Baniss Keeg if they can't get him in the 2nd 2009 ANH wave. Wooof & Wicket, which they've already confirmed for 2010. Luke, Han & Chewie - Ewok barbeque would be cool... I mean, we're going to eventually get them, as Hasbro must be running low on unique ways to get these heroes back out there. Ok, I'm bored and hungry... so I'm done and I'm going to make dinner (in case you were curious).

Tycho
12-09-2008, 07:10 PM
I'm bored too, so I'm going to answer my own questions about the future with Hasbro Star Wars:

I have not quit. I just barely buy anything as of lately. Instead I have a list of things that I want - which Hasbro DOES NOT YET MAKE - which I will purchase as soon as I get the chance to (like Young Owen, Young Beru, a Droid Gunship from Kashyyyk, etc.)

2) to make dioramas so you could set up scenes (Han, Luke, Chewie, fighting stormtroopers, etc.)

Absolutely. The stuff is almost worthless - less than I paid for it anyway - especially since a lot of mine is opened. Also Hasbro has improved figures that they've resculpted, like 1995 Han Solo, but for nostalgia's sake, I want to keep them and it won't benefit me to get rid of them anyway. Part of my dioramas are tributes to nostalgia anyway - so why constantly keep updating my Han Solo figure (or Luke Tatooine, or Vader, or Chewie, etc.)?

2) do you think you have to get rid of it because you're not continuing to enjoy contributing more money and space towards more of it?

No. First, I keep any remaining space I might have in a house I do not yet own, by not continuing to collect toys. I'll stick with my 4 main interests: Star Wars, Star Trek, Transformers, and Terminator. That will be enough. GI Joe and real military lines are cool for example, but I'm not going to start. I also could so get into buying Hot Toys Batman items, but nah. I'll visit friends who have them.

I will designate certain elements of my collection to other collectors (some online here) when I pass away, but I think I am keeping them for my lifetime. I will also disperse things as dioramas: you get the snowspeeders with the AT-AT, if you want the AT-AT. That sort of thing. Stuff will go to the people who will like specific types of things the most. Star Trek will go to a Trek fan and someone else will get Star Wars stuff. SideShow premium items for Star Wars will go to a different person than one who will have all the room for ready-made-dioramas with 25-some Clone Troopers.

What will you do (in light of your answers above) if they make some character you always wanted (fill in the name here)?

Buy it!

1) Will you re-purchase a limited amount of characters that go with this specific new character?

Already own them. Like Hermione Bagwa. I already have Dexter, WA-7, and I hope to get the right kind of AOTC Obi-Wan figure. Some obscure characters from the Diner might be nice. Unnecessary and likely unprofitable for Hasbro - but I'd buy them if they were offered. I can't even name those characters either.

obi-dad
12-09-2008, 09:50 PM
Well, I'm done eating (again, in case you were curious) and enjoyed reading Tycho's responses to his own questions...

I haven't quit, but I have drastically cut down. I have never been a completist, but I've cut out even more this year. I haven't bought a single CW figure, I've cut PT figures down and I don't think I've even bought a Clonetrooper this year. I haven't bought any PT or CW vehicles (if there are any CW vehicles yet). I originally started buying SW stuff
2) to make dioramas so you could set up scenes (Han, Luke, Chewie, fighting stormtroopers, etc.)

1) do you think you can keep what you have and still enjoy it? I agree, this stuff is practically worthless, worth a LOT less than what I've paid for it. If I wanted this for money, then I would save more quitting now. No, I would keep what I have and perhaps at one point will them to my kids

2) Will you add that new character (loose or carded) to your collection of specific SW items you want to keep (cantina aliens, etc.)?

If I ever quit, I'm fairly certain I would follow the news still and buy the specific figures I've always wanted.

bigbarada
12-09-2008, 10:46 PM

1) do "collect" - as in complete getting everything (for something to do, or whatever)

2) do make dioramas so you could set up scenes (Han, Luke, Chewie, fighting stormtroopers, etc.)

I pick number 3. I just like certain aspects of Star Wars; but don't necessarily feel the urge to buy every figure from a particular setting or scene.

Even though I've been campaigning for Skiff Guards for years now, I have no real urge to set up a diorama recreating the Skiff Battle. Besides, unless Hasbro makes a correctly scaled Skiff, we'll never be able to get all 12 Skiff Guards and the 4 heroes to fit on the current toy.

3) do you think it will be valuable if you hold on to it for many years into the future?

#1. If I only buy the stuff that I really want, then there should be no urge to resell, give it away, or otherwise get rid of it.

3) Will you just buy obscure strange stuff (Wioslea, Bom Vimdim) and keep it for a while, getting rid of the rest of the common stuff (battle droids)?

If Kithaba gets made and made well (we're talking VTAC Bossk and IG-88 quality) and if, for some reason, we never get another Skiff Guard. Then I'll buy the figure to go with my existing Skiff and he would just man the vehicle alone. The existing Skiff Guards are just not up to snuff when it comes to the quality and the sharpness of detail on new figures.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Not sure where else to put this, but here (http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Legacy-Jedi-w-sword-Prototype-First-Shot_W0QQitemZ110323379770QQihZ001QQcategoryZ15294 7QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting) is the prototype of the new Coleman Trebor figure as seen on eBay. It looks pretty great, actually. He will look nice in Jedi Council scenes, hopefully.

DarkArtist
12-10-2008, 08:04 AM
my hopes for 09?

Exar Kun, with a decent head, SA, soft goods robes, and tunic piece, double bladed lightsaber, with hilt piece.

Guri, SA, i will settle for whatever outfit they through at me.

Jacen Solo, from Legacy of the force, either as a darth or as a jedi...i would prefer the sith version though. (Sa, soft goods black robes, lightsaber, w/hilt piece, and a blaster with a holster.

Jess, SA, if they do her as good as they did Yarna... Then this would be a great figure.

Luke Skywalker (Sprit) From the legacy comic book, just like the TAC Anakin sprit.

Others i would like to see, Aura Sing, Aayla Secura, Nomi Sunrider, Han Solo EU, and from ESB, Luke Skywalker SOTE, Leia (Slave girl--See Jess), Jainia Solo, any figure from Star Wars Legacy Novels...

nice list, i'd buy them. i see you put Jacen Solo on the list but what about Anakin and Jaina ? i mean it's only fair to have all the Solo children. would love to see perhaps a family set with older versions of both Han and Leia (and not just repaints or kitbashed figures, all new sculpts), the 3 Solo children and maybe a new version of Chewie.

DarkJedi5
12-10-2008, 09:13 AM
and maybe a new version of Chewie.

You mean the one when the planet is falling on him? But really, Chewie's already 700 or so in ANH, how much can he change in a few decades? Granted he did look like crap in ROTS so maybe a few years does make a big difference in Wookiees?

bigbarada
12-10-2008, 10:30 AM
You mean the one when the planet is falling on him? But really, Chewie's already 700 or so in ANH, how much can he change in a few decades? Granted he did look like crap in ROTS so maybe a few years does make a big difference in Wookiees?

Personally, I think the VOTC Chewie is almost the perfect Chewbacca figure. The only things I would like to see on future releases would be more neutral hands and peg holes in his feet.

He did look a little strange in ROTS, too styled and perfect. They made the same mistake that they made with Yoda in Ep1, they tried to improve upon the costume and ended up making something that looked worse than the original.

Phantom-like Menace
12-11-2008, 12:10 AM
My greatest hope/dream for 2009 is that any Hasbro employee who submits a design with softgoods gets fired on the spot and informed that is not how Star Wars figures should be made.

I want a fully realistic Ahsoka Tano figure.

More Jedi! There are enough unmade figures in the Geonosis Arena scene alone to keep me happy for the entirety of 2009.

More Sith! Rule of two my ***. I want enough figures for a Braveheart-style lightsaber battle. I have more than fifty unique Jedi figures and only nine unique Sith.

Solo children! Enough already, damned well just guess what they look like if you "don't have enough visual reference."

Kal Skirata and Walon Vau! The real deal, not look-alikes that Traviss requests be renamed.

More Mandalorians! Get some new sculpts, because Mandos aren't supposed to look like they came out of a factory.

More Thrawn Trilogy! Pellaeon, Noghri--surprise me.

Outrider! All I ask for is the same quality and scale compromises as the classic Falcon.

DarkArtist
12-11-2008, 08:25 AM
i'm hoping that Hasbro has an awesome display that showcases everything, including the delayed EU wave as well as a couple cool surprises. hopefully we will se what Concept figures they are planning and see some new vehicles on the horizon.......

and even though it's a completely different movie and topic (would really love to see Hasbro say hey we decided we are going to release the last wave of the Indiana Jones figures) i know it's a big dream but a fella's gotta have goals.

Jargo
12-11-2008, 02:24 PM
I want to see less carpy product, lower prices and more in the packaging. or smaller packaging. and recyclable plastics used on packaging. and better paint applications. and less clone wars.

Obsession is Nute
12-12-2008, 03:39 PM
My greatest hope/dream for 2009 is that any Hasbro employee who submits a design with softgoods gets fired on the spot and informed that is not how Star Wars figures should be made.

I want a fully realistic Ahsoka Tano figure.

More Jedi! There are enough unmade figures in the Geonosis Arena scene alone to keep me happy for the entirety of 2009.

More Sith! Rule of two my ***. I want enough figures for a Braveheart-style lightsaber battle. I have more than fifty unique Jedi figures and only nine unique Sith.

More Thrawn Trilogy! Pellaeon, Noghri--surprise me.

Outrider! All I ask for is the same quality and scale compromises as the classic Falcon.

Amen on the soft goods, brother! Every time I see a soft goods cape or dress, I want to scream, they just look aweful! I know some people like their figures to sit and bend and whatnot, especially so they can sit in vehicles. I figure that anything designed to be in a ship, can be included with the ship so it fits well.

I think the animated Ashoka was close enough to a realistic figure, that she fits in well enough. But I certainly wouldn't object to a Legacy figure of her, though!

I agree with you on the Outrider and Thrawn stuff. Anymore, it is the EU where I want more figures. I have ENOUGH Obi-Wans, Anakins, Luke, Hans, Jango and Boba Fetts for a 100 displays. I know Hasbro knows where they make their money, but still. The comic packs are usually what excite me the most, these days.

I would love to see some Noghri, but the problem is the consistency of visual references. I do not think there is any other...species or group of characters that have completely different visual references than the Noghri.

Would love to see Pelleon. I know officers are not a hot lot, but they should be pretty darn cost effective. The vast majority of the basic bodies can be recycled. Just tweak the rank squares, add a new face, adjust the color and BAMO! You have yourself a new character!

pbarnard
12-12-2008, 03:49 PM
I would love to see some Noghri, but the problem is the consistency of visual references. I do not think there is any other...species or group of characters that have completely different visual references than the Noghri.

Bothans (there's at least 3 head variations) and Yuuzhan Vong (mostly due to the caste system but still described as having bluish/purple skin with black tatoo inks not pale as drawn by most). But the difference comes down to the use of the video game versus the more consistent EU reference guides that comes from WotC which has never used the Mysteries of the Sith version in which the Noghri size wise are bigger than humans which is the first problem. But yeah, they've got problems.

Jabbapalacespy
12-12-2008, 06:11 PM
I'm interested in seeing what the new build-a-droids are too. I'm waiting to see if they release any R3's with clear domes. It seems reasonable since each astromech so far has detailed electronics under each head and that doesn't make much sense unless they intend to eventually release see-through domes.

DarkJedi5
12-12-2008, 06:41 PM
I'm waiting to see if they release any R3's with clear domes. It seems reasonable since each astromech so far has detailed electronics under each head and that doesn't make much sense unless they intend to eventually release see-through domes.

I think that if we asked Hasbro about the details under the dome it is so that if you used a Protocol droind's head on an astromech's body it doesn't look bad. Notice how where the peg hole is it makes a rather necklike protrusion? I'm sure that's why. But I wouldn't mind seeing a few clear domes, just not certain it would look all that good.

Phantom-like Menace
12-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Anymore, it is the EU where I want more figures. I have ENOUGH Obi-Wans, Anakins, Luke, Hans, Jango and Boba Fetts for a 100 displays. I know Hasbro knows where they make their money, but still. The comic packs are usually what excite me the most, these days.

My take exactly. For every movie figure I really want, there are several EU figures.

Bothans

Bothans immediately came to mind for me too. Of course with the upcoming Borsk figure, Hasbro's not so allowed to make excuses on other figures like the Noghri.

dindae
12-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Mainly the excitement of opening the new figure is no longer very great. I would buy them sit them on the floor next the couch and leave them there, some of them for weeks. I don't know if it is because less and less of what is coming out is stuff that I wanted as a kid or if constant flow of rescuplts and repacks has beat down my exciment.

I did pre Episode 3 then I stopped because it got insane with the repacks.

Yes

Oh yes and had I had a ready place for it I would have caved.

For now yes.

It is possible.

I kinda doubt it.

That would be the way I would get rid of it since I doubt it would sell for a good price.

No I think I have most scenes I would need so the one figure would be it.

I would add it loose. I got rid of my carded stuff a few years ago.

If I bought anything it would be the obscure characters. I would not then feel the need to get rid of other figures.

Jargo
12-14-2008, 10:15 AM
Basic figures 2009

Spring
EpIV (8 figures) this is the Wioslea wave right?
EpII (6 figures)
EpVI (8 figures)

Fall
EpIV (8 figures)
EpI (6 figures)

The stuff I'm interested in seeing. Only Tatooine themed stuff though. Will I buy anything? Totally depends on the final product. Chances are I'll buy very little.