PDA

View Full Version : My Favorite Lightsaber gets FX Treatment: TPM Obi-Wan Kenobi - 2009!

Tycho
12-07-2008, 09:57 AM
From the Hasbro Q&A at jedinews.co.uk (http://jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=1985)

2) What's happening with the FX Lightsabres... can you tell us which new FX Lightsabres we'll be seeing in the near future and do you have any pictures you can share with us at this stage? Will we see the new FX Lightsabres in the UK?

The FX business has been off to a slower start than we expected due to initial production delays, but that should be behind us now. We expect that the lightsabers will be available in the UK as soon as retailers place orders for them - expected to be in Spring 2009. New ones in development include EpI Obi-Wan, and Count Dooku. We need to make sure that we are in full distribution with the original contingent first, and then we can look at getting the new ones into the mix sometime (hopefully) mid-2009.

Tycho: Whoo-hoo! When I get that FX Saber, I will never put it down! THIS is THE lightsaber of the entire SW saga for its structural practicality!

I will probably also buy Dooku's. Master Replicas was previously having a problem with it due to the curved handle. I wonder how Hasbro is engineering this?

Jayspawn
12-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Ahhh, this is good news. I've always like the Kenobi TPM/AOTC design. I'd entertain possibly getting this. Content with my Anakin ROTS FX but this is good to hear.

DarkArtist
12-08-2008, 09:57 AM
nice news indeed. would love to see Hasbro redue Luke's from ROTJ as well, and maybe even see Ashoka's as well.

Tycho
12-08-2008, 01:10 PM
I own the Luke ROTJ FX Saber and love it! It's the best saber I own from Master Replicas at the moment.

Darth Maul's is nice as a single saber, but it's awkward due to its size as a double-blade - and heavy as when I use a single blade, because I leave the connector piece ON because my intention is to re-assemble the double-blade.

With the twist-button switch on Obi-Wan's TPM saber and its pummel hilt-end, Kenobi's is just the most ideal grip that exists!

I can't wait to own this saber - plus I like blue blades the best I guess.

DarkArtist
12-08-2008, 02:48 PM
I own the Luke ROTJ FX Saber and love it! It's the best saber I own from Master Replicas at the moment.

Darth Maul's is nice as a single saber, but it's awkward due to its size as a double-blade - and heavy as when I use a single blade, because I leave the connector piece ON because my intention is to re-assemble the double-blade.

With the twist-button switch on Obi-Wan's TPM saber and its pummel hilt-end, Kenobi's is just the most ideal grip that exists!

I can't wait to own this saber - plus I like blue blades the best I guess.

i missed out on getting the Jedi Luke blade both times it was available. really hoping that Hasbro perhaps redoes it and makes the hilt thinner than the MR version.

maul's is sweet and heavy and awkward, have one but leave it seperated into the 2 single blades as well

Kenobi's would look really cool. just hope they make it rigt and not make the hilt too thick. the earlier MR sabers i think suffered from that.

JediTricks
12-08-2008, 09:42 PM
I don't like that Hasbro's inability to market the FX line has pushed their release back to the middle of the year, at best. I get the feeling that Hasbro's mishandling of this line at market is going to tank it before then.

Tycho
09-22-2009, 05:18 AM
I just ordered the Obi-Wan lightsaber I always wanted from Brian's Toys. It's the first time I've ordered from them (plus I got Count Dooku's saber, too).

I supported our site too, by telling them SirStevesGuide.com sent me!

Now look out! I'm going to fight when that thing comes in the mail next week!

Tycho
09-26-2009, 03:54 PM
My lightsabers came today! Just 4 days after I ordered them.

I was on the phone with BobaFrett when they arrived.

I've still only opened Obi-Wan's. I was right. Man am I fast with that thing!

I've gone through all my sword forms from martial arts with that saber and it's been awesome. I think I'll take it with me to the Star Wars In Concert show next week!

It's the perfect grip! Best FX Lightsaber easily!