PDA

View Full Version : PegWarming Legacy / Legends / Clone Wars figures

DarkArtist
12-08-2008, 02:45 PM
stopped by Walmart this morning on the way to the office and decided to sort of organize the Star Wars section of the Toy Aisle: here's the count of what was left on the pegs:

10 Yarna's
9 ROTS Plo Koon's (Legends packaging)
5 Clone Wars R2-D2's
2 Yellow AOTC Clone Troopers (Legends packaging)
3 Ewok Diety C-3PO's (Legends packaging)
2 TAC Mace Windu's (Legends packaging)
1 Juno Eclipse (TAC packaging)

10 of the Lt Shan / Lt Jundland Comic Packs ( only spotted the new comic packs once, Thrawn Karrade and Leia Xizor)

2 Evolutions Padme Amidala sets

1 Trade Federation Homing Spider Droid
1 Trade Federation AAT

i moved all the figures and seperated them by name combining them all to about 4 pegs (mixed the clone, threepio, mace and Juno together) in the hopes that perhaps Walmart would restock their pegs with perhaps more figures, ie (last wave of the Legends wave...Barc Trooper, yellow Arc etc, CW wave 3, maybe Legacy waves 4 & 5 perhaps)

i guess i'm just wondering if anyone else does this or if anyone else is seeing similiar figure problems at there stores

DarkJedi5
12-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Well, I don't bother to sort them because there are so many they seem to be falling off the pegs. But it's been packed lately with almost all Legends and Clone Wars. I don't pay attention to anything Clone War related so I don't know what waves are on the pegs but the only Legacy figs I see are from Waves 1, 2, and 3. And 3 is pretty scarce. But by and large it's the same old legends problem we always see, rereleased figures piling up on the pegs and the new ones in the back sitting in boxes if they even ship to the store. As far as vehicles have gone I've seen a pretty good mix with Anakin's CW Jedistarfighter being one of the tougher finds. Still a few BMFs and AT-TEs for Xmas and the comic pack section is flooded with the Marvel Mandolorian sets. I am impressed by the good mix of Evo packs that seem to be around but that's the only thing and it's because nothing new has come out there in months.

Cane_Adiss
12-09-2008, 11:47 AM
It's funny 'cause I figured that Yarna would be a major pegwarmer around here but it seems she's not (I don't believe she's still shipping). The biggest pegwarmers around here at this time seem to be Juno Eclipse, Ak-Rev, both Plo Koons (which is a shame, I like Plo) and both R2-D2s. Bane Malar and Yarna warmed at first but it seems they've since sold through and it looks as if the legends line is moving better than last years' overall.

Many of the Clone Wars figures seem to be moving slower but maybe it's because all the figures are still heavily shipping and they keep getting restocked more often.

Pretty much all the comic packs released up until the Xizor/ Leia wave (which haven't hit yet in my area) are pegwarming pretty badly. Especially the Mouse/ Basso, Tarkin/Stormtrooper and Jundland/Shan packs. One thing I don't get is that Hasbro keeps re-releasing the Jedi vs. Darth Sidious battle pack when it seems to consistently be the worst shelfwarming battle pack. Plenty of those around in brand new packaging.

DarkArtist
12-11-2008, 11:51 AM
well as of this morning all that's left on the pegs are 5 of Yarna and 7 of Plo Koon ROTS. the pickings are slim....hoping that Walmart gets a huge shipment of Wave 5 of the Legacy wave and Wave 4 of the Clone Wars to fill those empty pegs.

Cane_Adiss
12-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Speaking of wave 5, has anyone found any of them yet? Pegs in my area are still pretty full, with there being figures left over from all waves. The only figure that is problematic in my area is ROTS Plo Koon, and maybe Clone Wars R2. Other figures are warming somewhat but I'm confident they will sell through. These two I'm not so sure.

DarkJedi5
12-11-2008, 12:51 PM
I'm not counting on seeing wave 5 anytime soon. Etalers generally have it listed as a late January or early Feb arrival (they always say it will show later than it usually does) but it's been a long while since I saw any wave 4 so it's either sold through or there's a glut of other stuff that is keeping them from getting more of wave 4 out. Which means that untill 4 hits the shelves 5 wouldn't even be ordered. I'm anticipating a huge post xmas sale on those figs clogging the pegs to get some circulation going again.

DarkArtist
12-11-2008, 02:10 PM
I'm not counting on seeing wave 5 anytime soon. Etalers generally have it listed as a late January or early Feb arrival (they always say it will show later than it usually does) but it's been a long while since I saw any wave 4 so it's either sold through or there's a glut of other stuff that is keeping them from getting more of wave 4 out. Which means that untill 4 hits the shelves 5 wouldn't even be ordered. I'm anticipating a huge post xmas sale on those figs clogging the pegs to get some circulation going again.

i hope not. i can't stand seeing empty pegs or even clogged pegs of figures that either everyone has or doesn't want.

as far as etailers, they have a projected ship date but the actual product sometimes becomes available before the major .com's get them (ie EE, BBTS etc) i remember thinking i'll place an order with EE for the complete waves of the TAC line last year (figured i would save on gas and frustration, come home from work to be greeted by a big box of figures) but no such luck, the orders kept getting pushed further and further back and i was actually finding them on the pegs at places like Walmart, TRU and others and then going home to cancel the order from EE.

i thinking that since the '09 Comic packs are already hitting retail that it should be right around Christmas / New Years that reports are going to start trickling in that Wave 5 is out on the pegs. (fingers crossed)

DarkArtist
12-19-2008, 08:17 AM
major restock this morning at Walmart... Wave 3 of the Clone Wars and the last wave of the Legends figures (BARC Trooper, Yellow ARC etc) only 2 Yarna's left on the pegs (all the Plo Koons disappeared)

still no sign of the new Comic Packs yet. pegs still clogged with Deana Shan and Lt Jundland. I have only spotted the newer comics once (Leia/Xizor and Karrde/Thrawn) have to to see the others

VexOrdo
12-19-2008, 10:55 PM
My TRU's pegs are filled with the holo Grevious from the midnight release that was oh, a couple months ago. They haven't restocked in a while cuz there is no room :cry:. As for my Wal-Mart, I haven't checked in a while, most of the time I do my SW shopping at Target though, they always have good stock.

DarkJedi5
12-19-2008, 11:31 PM
It's all the Organas at my Target. Mostly Breha but Bail is well represented.

Cane_Adiss
12-20-2008, 11:28 AM
Seems like Wave 4 of Legacy and Wave 3 of Clone Wars are the dominant presence for the holiday glut of product. I'm a little concerned about the concentration of wave 4 figures, but there are a few figures in the wave that kids would want (Grievous, Faie, possibly Bail and Stass Allie). I'm not all that worried about it I guess. I know Breha will pegwarm into next year, as will several of the clones that have been circulating since the start of the line (the TFU troopers and the Kashyyk trooper from wave 1 are still plentiful).

It seems that since the airing of the R2 focused clone wars episode, most of the R2's that were pegwarming hard have since sold through. There's almost none left! Plo Koon is still plentiful, but somewhat less so than when I checked last. Overall, compared to last year's line stuff is moving pretty well. The only waves that really flew off the pegs last year were 4 and 5 (with Miiyoom, Elis, CZ-4, Hermi Odle, Revan, Malak, Roron etc.) and the McQ figs went fast as well.

VexOrdo
12-20-2008, 11:48 AM
Just got back from Wal-mart and they literally had NOTHING Star Wars or G.I. Joe-wise. All they had was Breha Organa and a crap load of Yarna D'al' Gargan, ugly six-breasted women :cry::whip:

bigbarada
12-20-2008, 12:06 PM
My Wal-Mart is completely sold out of Clone Wars figures. I went there yesterday and actually walked around the store for about 20 minutes, thinking they were on an endcap or in a special display somewhere; but they just didn't have any left.

As for Legacy and Saga Legends, we still have plenty of Plo Koons, Imperial Engineers, Yarnas, and one Breha Organa. There might be a few others I missed, I didn't do a full inventory.

Obsession is Nute
12-20-2008, 01:43 PM
We still have a couple of Juno's at the local Toys R Us. However, I am suprised that we don't seem to really have any peg warmers around here, everything is flying off the shelves.

DarkArtist
12-26-2008, 09:25 AM
so as of this morning all that is left are 2 IG Assasin droids from the Clone Wars line, and 1 Plo Koon and of course the ton of Lt Jundland / Lt Shan Comic packs.

mtriv73
12-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Around here, there is a lot of the saga legends sitting around. It seems most of the new legacy and Clone Wars have been sold through though. That's really good news since I'm sure the Star Wars space alotted is going to shrink with the post-Christmas store resets. Hopefully there will be room for the new stuff when it starts trickling in.

mericen
12-30-2008, 07:31 PM
At the nearest Wal-Mart to me, all they have are 7 total figures, 3 Yarna's, 2 Clone Wars Obi-Wans, and 2 of the Legends Obi-Wans. And they also have a few comic packs, mostly the Anakin/Assasin Droid and Leia/Prince Xixor. Now the other Wal-Mart in town has to my knowledge never gotten any of the new comic packs, they still have about 10-15 each of their exclusive ones from last year.

DarkArtist
01-07-2009, 03:49 PM
all the Star Wars figures by me have been moved to the clearence isle along with the Indy figures. all that was left in clearence were 2 Breha Organas and a few Sallah from the Indy line.

hoping that a major restock happens soon with pegs of Wave 5 of the Legacy and Wave 4 of the Clone Wars

Snowtrooper
01-07-2009, 08:36 PM
The pegwarmers here seem to be mainly Organas, FX-6, & Stass Allie. I couldn't find a single Clone Wars figure on the pegs at the Wal-Marts I went to.

Bib Un-Fortuna
01-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Most of the Walmart pegs here have some legacy Wave 2 & 3 and some legends, and one or two random CW figs. The main figs are Organas, Mon Cal warriors & Quarren soldiers, and bunches of Legends figs.

Target is very skimpy, with only 4-6 figures per store. However, both of the big ones by me seem to be re-organizing their toy aisles, so they may have a bunch of stock in the back just waiting for the re-fit to be done. Anyone else seeing this is their Targets?

Cane_Adiss
01-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Now that the holidays have passed, it's interesting to see that the Wal-Marts and the TRU in my area seemed to have recieved additional cases of waves 1 and 2 as there are now several Yarna's, Mon Cal warriors and Quarren Warriors on the pegs that weren't there before. No huge amounts of them though so I don't forsee a problem. Now the most abundant figures seem to be those from Legacy wave 4 (esp the Organa's) and oddly the Legends Obi-Wan. Pegs are getting pretty bare though.

Target is very skimpy, with only 4-6 figures per store. However, both of the big ones by me seem to be re-organizing their toy aisles, so they may have a bunch of stock in the back just waiting for the re-fit to be done. Anyone else seeing this is their Targets?

It looks to me like all the stores in my area (Target, WM, TRU, K-mart) are gearing up for a reset of their toy aisles. Meaning that I can probably expect to see an abundance of Legacy Wave 5, Clone Wars wave 4 and Legends wave 3 pretty soon.

Darth_Angel_80
01-21-2009, 05:56 PM
I'm not sure where you are all located, but here on Long Island, most of the stores that I have visited since oh lets just say before the holidays on the Island (TRU, Wal-mart, Target, K.B) Have had an overabundance of Yarna (at one particular TRU I stopped counting how many Yarna's were there when I hit 30) and most of the first three waves of the Saga Legends are just sitting on the pegs chillin, not really seeing too many comic packs, evolution packs, or vehicles.

I find it funny that of all the figures the one that sits the most is Yarna, considering all the whining and complaining that went on for years to get her made into a figure. It's no wonder why Hasbro took forever to make her, they were hoping to avoid a situation where she sits on shelves forever. I hope that if we are getting everyones favorite Ice Cream Maker, that he doesn't sit on the shelf as long as Yarna. I'm not holding my breath to see how much longer Hasbro will listen to us collectors before they stop making the figures we really want.

pbarnard
01-21-2009, 06:03 PM
Still seeing First Day Sticker Yarna's, Grees, and Hans in Coralville (which is defacto Iowa City).

JetsAndHeels
01-21-2009, 06:10 PM
What I am seeing more of anything here is the Yarna, and most of them have first day stickers. My local Wal-Mart had NOTHING but Yarnas on the pegs the week after Christmas.

Besides Yarna, I am seeing alot of Legacy Hans. and a ton of CP30's with the chair.

Clone Wars figures that are pegwarming include the regular clones, yodas, and anakins.

Cane_Adiss
01-22-2009, 09:36 AM
The figures in my area are nearly sold out, including the newly arriving Legends wave w/ Saesee Tiin. Yarna is beginning to become problematic though all of the first day stickered ones are gone I think. My TRU had about a dozen Yarna's and barely anything else. The two Wal-Mart's in my area have about 30 Yarna's between the two of them and Target has about a dozen as well. K-Mart had 5 and no other figure but a lone Stass Allie. It saddens me that a figure that so many fans were clamoring for is becoming one of the worst reported pegwarmers I can remember! Hopefully the success of the other two Jabba's Palace figures in the wave will show Hasbro that overall the aliens sell reasonably well.

I'm guessing that since it was mostly hardcore collectors that wanted Yarna most got her the first week she was available and then that was it. Once all the collectors got their fill of Yarna, whatever was left will be there to sit for eternity.

Bail and Breha are doing better than I expected as there are actually more Stass Allie's and FX-6's on the pegs than Bail. Breha isn't quite as bad as Yarna but she could be if Wave 4 keeps shipping.

Grievous and Faie are in short supply, as is most of waves 2 and 3. The only figures making appearance from those waves are the Imperial Engineer, Padme (Illum) and the Quarren Soldier.

I never thought I'd see the day, but there are no Vader's whatsoever on the pegs anywhere. All the comic packs with Vader (even the White Vader) are gone as well. The Trachta pack was actually a challenge to hunt down.

The Xizor/ Leia pack is starting to build up which is a shame because the Xizor figure is really brilliant. The Leia is horrible, and kids can tell just by looking at her in the package. I can't get over how bad she turned out. They should've just put Xizor either on a basic card in an upcoming EU wave or packed him with an interesting figure like Chewie as Snoova.

As for Clone Wars, well most stores in my area are completely out of them. Yes completely. My TRU had one R2-D2, which won't last long I suspect. Wal Mart, Kmart and Target were out completely.

The Legends figures are pretty much in the same boat. Wave 1 Legends are gone except for a few Plo Koons at Target. The latest wave of legends is just starting to hit so they are in short supply.

mtriv73
01-22-2009, 11:25 AM
I guess nobody digs fat-chicks after all. Having her in the first wave may have been a mistake. It seems like this wave shipped longer than some others have in the past. She seemed to sell well around here until just before Christmas when the volume of Yarnas started to build on the pegs. Now there are tons of her and the Weequay drummer guy but no Luke, Hans, Chewies etc.

DarkJedi5
01-22-2009, 12:12 PM
The only figures I'm looking for right now (aside from the Legends Snowtrooper which is either just coming out now or not yet even) is that Tratcha/Vader Comic pack. I've gotten everything else, had 'em all before Christmas even, but have not been able to find that battle pack! All the stores around me are pretty empty, few old CW and Legends figs but it's those Marvel Leia comic packs that are taking up all the room on the pegs.

bigbarada
01-22-2009, 12:33 PM
(aside from the Legends Snowtrooper which is either just coming out now or not yet even)

I was at the Wal-Mart in Granite City, IL and saw the VOTC X-Wing Luke and Tri-Droid on the SL cards. There was a photo of the Snowtrooper on the back of the card, so I assume he's just hitting stores now.

Qui-Long Gone
01-22-2009, 03:34 PM
We have the same pegwarmers here as everyone else. Not too surprised, but I thought Yarna would actually be a hard fig to find....never expected her to be peg fodder....oh well, at least they made her!

DarkArtist
01-22-2009, 06:14 PM
I find it funny that of all the figures the one that sits the most is Yarna, considering all the whining and complaining that went on for years to get her made into a figure. It's no wonder why Hasbro took forever to make her, they were hoping to avoid a situation where she sits on shelves forever. I hope that if we are getting everyones favorite Ice Cream Maker, that he doesn't sit on the shelf as long as Yarna. I'm not holding my breath to see how much longer Hasbro will listen to us collectors before they stop making the figures we really want.

i think the problem with Yarna was the fact that Hasbro didn't think her all the way through and gave her to us in multiples on the pegs rather than as an exclusive in a battlepack. i think if Hasbro did Yarna this way she wouldn't
be warming as much.

as far as Hasbro making the figures fans want i think they just need to learn from their mistakes. i mean look at Darth Raven, there's a figure that was very hard to find and sold really well, perhaps Hasbro needs to do all the fan favorite figures like that.

right now the pegs are completely bare in my neck of the woods. was at TRU and saw the first signs of the Legends wave with the Hoth Snowtrooper but no snowtroopers just a bunch of VOTC Luke X-Wing.

i think once march hits the figures will start trickling in and the new waves will be plentiful (I hope so at least...really want to build up a small army of the new Space Trooper)

Daryl VayDar
01-22-2009, 10:58 PM
We've got pretty even sell through at most stores (except Meijer)- The Legends Plo Koon and Endor 3PO are heavy, Yarna can be found but not more than a full pegs worth in most cases. The Organas are starting to linger pretty badly at Targets. At Meijer, they are mostly overflowing with Legacy Series 1 & 2 and Clone Wars Series 1.

El Chuxter
01-23-2009, 03:22 PM
The problem with Yarna is that she should've been shortpacked. I normally wouldn't advocate that, but, as much as geeky adults wanted her, anyone with sense could tell you kids aren't going to buy a fat chick with warts when they have only $7 and there's droids and clonetroopers and aliens right beside her.

pbarnard
01-23-2009, 03:50 PM
The problem with Yarna is that she should've been shortpacked. I normally wouldn't advocate that, but, as much as geeky adults wanted her, anyone with sense could tell you kids aren't going to buy a fat chick with warts when they have only $7 and there's droids and clonetroopers and aliens right beside her.

Plus coming with the leg of the R7 hurts too. You can easily franken-droid these things by using Luke (R4 right leg) Sasee Tiin (other R7 right leg), or the quad gunning clone (other R4 right leg) or use older R2/R3 droid legs like i've done and only need the body/head to make the droids. It's an inherent flaw in the BAD line. They should put the important parts like heads and torsos on the probable peg warmers and leave the limbs to the core and army builder characters.

Qui-Long Gone
01-26-2009, 05:01 PM

Good point, she was a "be carful what you wish for figure" for retailers, but a gold mine for (adult) fans!