PDA

View Full Version : Toyfair Darth Vader

yaddle yodas love pu
02-20-2002, 07:48 AM
I had heard all sorts of people saying that the toyfair exclusive Vader was going to be offered on the star wars fan club's web site as of 2/19. It is now 2/20 and no sign of any such offereing. Perhaps it was all just a sick lie.

OC47150
02-20-2002, 07:50 AM
Give it some more time. I don't expect the fan club to offer it until May or June at the earliest. Too many other things on their plate right now -- AOTC opening, SW Celebration 2.

SirSteve
02-20-2002, 09:40 AM
This would be called false reporting... ;)

LTBasker
02-20-2002, 12:59 PM
It's not false reporting but false news, this one person sent out an e-mail after they said they called the Fan Club which reported that the Vader would be available Monday.

Wolfwood319
02-20-2002, 01:02 PM
I can't believe people would pay $10, let alone $200 for this piece of crap. If this repaint was a regular figure, on a regular card, they would be warming the shelves just like the original Flashback Vader did 3 years ago.

Just because something is an exclusive, doesn't neccessarily make it good.

Lord Malakite
02-20-2002, 02:01 PM
A few people e-mailed Hasbro to either to ask when the figure was coming out at the Fan Club or to complain that they showing up on e-bay. Hasbro then sent this general e-mail back to everyone:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We are always grateful to consumers of our products who will take the time to share their opinions with us. Consumer reaction is helpful to us and is taken into consideration in making plans for the future. Please be @$$ured that we have shared your comments with those more closely responsible for this phase of our operation.

One person, after several complaints, then got this e-mail back in response by Hasbro:

Thank you for contacting us. We have just received information that this Toy Fair exclusive Darth Vader figure will be available through the Star Wars Fan Club after Toy Fair. They will begin taking orders on Monday. You can contact the Star Wars fan club at www.swfan.wizards.com.

The guy then posted the e-mail on several websites he was associated with that are usually quite reliable when it comes to news. This is what lead to the belief that the figure would be out on Monday. That is why I mentioned it in the forums. I have since talked to the Fan Club on the phone about the e-mail and this is what the operator told me in response:

We understand that Hasbro sent out an e-mail stating that the Toy Fair Exclusive Darth Vader would be available on Monday, February 18th. We want to make a clear distinction however, that it was Hasbro and NOT the Star Wars Fan Club that sent out this e-mail. That may have been Hasbro's intentions, but they have not shown up as of yet. As of right now, we do not know when or how many Exclusive Vaders we are going receive.

Now they have a recorded message up stating that they don't have the figure yet and to check back later on.

The fact that the operator did reply that the e-mail did in fact come from Hasbro would make it legit. So I would say LTBasker is right. It was false news provided by Hasbro and not false reporting.

stardog24
02-20-2002, 03:26 PM
I am wondering ...

will you have to be a SW Fan Club member to order the Vader? :confused:

OC47150
02-20-2002, 03:47 PM
In the past, on fan club exclusives, the item is offered to fan club members a few days or a week before it's available to the public. That's how it was last year with the carbon freezing chamber playset.

evenflow
02-21-2002, 03:12 PM
We just have to show some patience. Eventually they will come...........I hope?:confused: