PDA

View Full Version : A Clone Wars Christmas...

sith_killer_99
12-20-2008, 08:59 PM
Well, my daughter has spoken. Here is a quick list of what she asked for, for Christmas this year:

Clonetrooper Mask
An Alexa Doll (Barbie Diamond Castle)
Star Wars: The Clone Wars figures
Star Wars: The Clone Wars LEGO play set (AT-TE Walker set with Anakin and Ahsoka)
A book about "Teeth"

Anyway, most of what she has asked for is SW: TCW related.

I got her all the SW stuff, the Barbie (still looking for the book) and some other stuff as well, Clone Wars puzzles, Hot Wheels play set and a few Hot Wheels cars.

She has gone Star Wars crazy, she was on the LEGO website today playing SW LEGO games and watching the SW LEGO videos!!!

It looks like it will be a SW Christmas this year!:D

Is anyone else going through this with their little ones?

Oh, the figures I got for her are:

Captain Rex (clean mail away exclusive)
Obi-Wan
Count Dooku
Ventress
C-3PO
R2-D2
Basic Clone X2

I got the Dooku, Ventress, and 3PO buy 2 get 1 free from K-Mart. Rex, Obi-Wan and 2 basic Clone were from Brian's Toy's (I gave SSG credit for the buy). R2-D2 is peg warming all over the place out here. She already has Anakin and Ahsoka.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-21-2008, 09:26 AM
Well, my daughter has spoken. Here is a quick list of what she asked for, for Christmas this year:

Clonetrooper Mask
An Alexa Doll (Barbie Diamond Castle)
Star Wars: The Clone Wars figures
Star Wars: The Clone Wars LEGO play set (AT-TE Walker set with Anakin and Ahsoka)
A book about "Teeth"Dude, that is exactly what I asked for this year! :lipsrsealed:

No little ones for me. But I get such lists vicariously through my friends' kids.

sith_killer_99
12-21-2008, 06:27 PM
BCJ, I didn't know you were into the "Barbie Diamond Castle" thing. LOL;)

bobafrett
12-21-2008, 07:02 PM
My "little one" is 17 going on 18, and he had me buy him a Star Wars logo belt buckle when I was visiting San Diego. The step kids say they are buying me a lightsaber, I told them not to get me anything, because I was having trouble getting funds to buy them anything this year.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-21-2008, 09:28 PM
Actually, SK, it was the 'a book about "Teeth"' item that made me chuckle...

Speaking of gifts, espcially this year with probably many changes made due to financial issues, do any of you have "traditional gifts" you give/get? What I mean is, gifts that come regularly. For example:

Over the last 10 years or so, my mom always gives people lip balms, with little calendars (of the upcoming year) around the container. Odd as it seems, I always look forward to getting it. Also, my mom had bought "old school" toys in different years (Mr. Potato Head, Barrel O' Monkeys, Etch-A-Sketch, Slinky, Play-Dough, etc.). My dad always gets me something Pittsburgh Steelers-related. Due to an odd inside joke, I often get my mom something from Curious George.

Others?

sith_killer_99
12-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Actually, SK, it was the 'a book about "Teeth"' item that made me chuckle...

LOL

Yeah, she's at that stage where she is loosing her baby teeth and she is really interested in the whole thing.:laugh:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-21-2008, 11:46 PM
My dad always gets me something Pittsburgh Steelers-related.
Too bad the R3-S6 figure isn't out yet. Maybe next year. :D

El Chuxter
12-21-2008, 11:50 PM
Try The Tooth Book, by Dr Seuss under one of his pseudonyms (Theo Lesieg, IIRC).

Bel-Cam Jos
12-22-2008, 11:24 AM
Chux, your Christmas present to me would be removing either the Bea Arthur as cantina bartender avatar or the "Sexual Chocolate! Sexual Chocolate!" Location line under it. Both together: unsettling. :eek:

Too bad the R3-S6 figure isn't out yet. Maybe next year. :DDoes it come with "Fumble at the Goal Line" feature? :(

El Chuxter
12-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Chux, your Christmas present to me would be removing either the Bea Arthur as cantina bartender avatar or the "Sexual Chocolate! Sexual Chocolate!" Location line under it. Both together: unsettling. :eek:

I was going to change the location, but left it for the very reason you mentioned. It's really no worse than Dorothy Svornak constantly talking about her sex life on Golden Girls, now, is it?

Bel-Cam Jos
12-22-2008, 03:45 PM
I was going to change the location, but left it for the very reason you mentioned. It's really no worse than ******* ******* constantly ******* about *** *** **** on ****** *****, now, is it?Must... remove... mental images... :unclean:

mtriv73
12-23-2008, 08:22 AM

...A book about "Teeth"...

For the vook about teeth, I highly recommend this one (http://www.amazon.com/Periodontal-Manifestations-Local-Systemic-Diseases/dp/B000PY40EI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1230042007&sr=8-2)

Get her this and she'll brush 3 times a day with no questions asked.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Since these're purchases I made, rather than gifts received, I think this belongs here instead of the "Christmas Haul '08" thread.

I tried the get-to-the-stores-as-they-open deal (which I seldom do), not because of great sales (really weren't any) but to try and find the elusive (elsewhere) Holiday mini bobbleheads (either Jawa or Yoda). Ate a steaming hot Chick-Fil-A chicken biscuit and hash browns after having to scrape my windshield and rear and side windows (almost never happens here in SoCal). It took me four different stores, but I did find a Yoda one. My SW haul?

- Holiday Yoda bobblehead (50% off)
- Luke/R2/Yoda Galactic Heroes holiday set (50% off)
- SW Encyclopedia (awesome, and heavy; 40% off)

Passed on many a figure or playset or pack of stickers or wrapping paper or other ornaments or board games.