PDA

View Full Version : R4-M9

JEDIpartner
02-20-2002, 11:53 AM
Well... just got handed this little "would be gem". Hasbro and their little band of monkeys certianly over-sprayed THIS little guy! I had to scratch off a bit of the over-sprayed paint and think I will need to paint on some of the areas that were under-sprayed (i.e. the green detailing on the legs).

The body is a little larger than my R2-B1's body. That may be because of the third leg. I haven't any other R2 units to campare it to, so I cannot be 100% certain on this. Speaking of the third leg, the inner tray is a mess so the third leg became twisted to the right during shipping. I am hoping that this will correct itself soon. The head sculpt, while generally pretty decent is a little sloppy around the radar eye. I'm not sure if it is the paint or if it is because there are little bits of plastic that didn't form very well. Again, we have the pretty standard "light pipe" feature on this guy. It's green. Big surprise, I'm sure. The legs are not the same legs as used on the R2/holo Leia figure. They appear to be the same as the ones (as far as I can recall) on the red astromech on the Royal Starship.

Overall, it's a nice figure. I like droids, so I'm gonna have to score it 8.75 out of 10. In comparison to previous astromech figures, it rates about a 6.5

I suppose we'll say: B+

JEDIpartner
02-20-2002, 12:54 PM
They painted the Eye area silver. Not sure why they took the liberty to do this seeing as the prototype and pics on the card show a WHITE box. The pics are better than the one for the RFT- thank goodness!

Yeah... same mouse droid pack-in. Whatever.

the inner tray, BTW, has "666" etched into the back of it... OR "999" depending on which way you look at it. :evil:

Amanamike
02-20-2002, 11:48 PM
HAS THIS FIGURE BEEN RELEASED THEN??????

Beast
02-21-2002, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Amanamike
HAS THIS FIGURE BEEN RELEASED THEN??????
Indeed it has, it's starting to show up in some of the e-tailer shops that order direct from Hasbro. New Force Collectibles is expecting their cases in by the end of the month. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Amanamike
02-21-2002, 02:37 AM
Hey JarJar have you ever done business wiht aislesniper?? I ordered a case of that wave preorder through them. Just wondering what to expect. Let me know

Beast
02-21-2002, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by Amanamike
Hey JarJar have you ever done business wiht aislesniper?? I ordered a case of that wave preorder through them. Just wondering what to expect. Let me know
Nope, fraid I haven't. Only place I have purchased cases from is Entertainment Earth (Never do that again, their a case prices are insane) and New force Collectibles. Lately though, since I don't split cases up with people online much anymore, I just haunt the stores and watch Ebay for good deals. Though I am getting 2 sets of the Teebo wave from a friend on-line for near retail. :D

All my exclusives I do pre-order from Planet Action Figure, they have decent prices on the exlusive ships. That way I don't have to worry about not finding one in the stores, and having to pay insane Ebay prices to aquire them. Hope this information is helpful. Only thing I will probably pre-order of the AOTC's stuff is the preview asst., as I think it will be somewhat difficult to find.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks