PDA

View Full Version : My 2009 Predictions

Cane_Adiss
12-23-2008, 10:33 AM
These are just my predictions for 2009 based on what was revealed by the Hasbro Q&A sessions. These predictions are in no way anything but my own personal speculation (or desperate hopes), plus whatever was conclusively confirmed by the Hasbro team themselves. Feel free to correct me if I've made any mistakes or included something that Hasbro previously stated wasn't on tap for next year, and suggest your own as well.

2009 Predictions:

ESB wave:

1. Emperor Palpatine
2. Princess Leia (Med Frigate)
3. Luke Skywalker (Med Frigate)
4. Captain Needa
5. Ugnaught
6. Hoth Rebel Soldier

AOTC:

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi
2. Beru Lars
3. Owen Lars
4. Captain Typho
5. Anakin Skywalker (concept figure)
6. Tarados Gon

ROTJ:

1. Princess Leia (concept?)
2. Nikto Skiff Guard
3. Malakili
4. Luke Skywalker (DS2)
5. Ewok
6. Sullustan Pilot
7. Attark w/ Rock Wart
8. BG-J38

ANH:

1. Hrchek Kal Fas
2. Danz Borin
3. Imperial Scanning Tech
4. Rebel Fleet Trooper (Pello Scrambas?)
5. Han Solo
6. Bom Vimdin
7. Jawa w/ droid
8. Leesub Sirln

TPM:

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi
2. Mawhonic
3. Darth Sidious Holo w/ Mechno Chair
4. Tey How
5. Sio Bibble (repack?)
6. Queen Amidala

ROTS:

1. Mon Calamari Dancer
2. Utai
3. Ki-Adi Mundi (concept?)
4. Chewbacca
5. Emperor Palpatine (Senate Duel)
6. Anakin Skywalker (Darth Vader)

ESB:

1. Zuckuss
2. Utris M'toc
3. Stormtrooper (new holster design)
4. Luke Skywalker (Hoth)
5. Princess Leia (Hoth)
6. Willrow Hood

EU:

1. Shaak Ti (TFU)
2. Jacen Solo
3. Jaina Solo
4. K'kruhk
5. Darth Vader (Battlefront 2)
6. Sith Witch (Darth Maul or Asaaj Ventress concept figure)

Other: (Target 2 packs)

Coleman Trebor w/ (maroon) Battle Droid Commander
Bariss Offee w/ clone trooper

DarkArtist
12-23-2008, 02:49 PM
Nice list, i hope alot of it comes to pass.

JEDIpartner
12-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Those WOULD be rather fun.

Cane_Adiss
12-26-2008, 04:51 PM
Whoops, just remembered that Hasbro confirmed a Snowspeeder Luke figure was coming in the second ESB wave. Don't remember the source tho. Will have to make that designation.

obi-dad
12-26-2008, 10:35 PM
I can't see any faults with the list, once snowspeeder pilot Luke is added. It pretty much matches RS's confirmed list 100% and most of the unconfirmed figures are the same ones on their highly rumored (more than one source, on long term lists from previous years, etc). I can come up with a list of several figures I'd rather have, but based off rumors I've read, I'm fairly certain none of my preferred figures would be coming in 2009 (eg Bom Vadim, Kithaba, etc). I guess you could add the name of the droid in the ANH wave (where you have "Jawa w/ droid" since Hasbro recently confirmed that a couple of Q&A's ago.

Sinscia Fat'o
12-27-2008, 01:18 PM
nice list, if half of it's true then 09 will be a good year.

Cane_Adiss
12-27-2008, 02:40 PM
I can't see any faults with the list, once snowspeeder pilot Luke is added. It pretty much matches RS's confirmed list 100% and most of the unconfirmed figures are the same ones on their highly rumored (more than one source, on long term lists from previous years, etc). I can come up with a list of several figures I'd rather have, but based off rumors I've read, I'm fairly certain none of my preferred figures would be coming in 2009 (eg Bom Vadim, Kithaba, etc). I guess you could add the name of the droid in the ANH wave (where you have "Jawa w/ droid" since Hasbro recently confirmed that a couple of Q&A's ago.

I don't believe Hasbro completely debunked Bom Vimdin, but they did say no more skiff guards next year so that stinks for Kithaba. I left my list as "Jawa w/ droid" only because I couldn't remember the droids name. And I can be very lazy :). Also, for some reason I can't edit my initial post. It won't let me edit any of my past posts. Otherwise I would have changed the Luke (Hoth) to designate the snowspeeder version, as well as the droid's name. Hasbro also stated that one of the concept figures was a "Trooper concept" and I don't have anything like that in my list either. Who knows where I should put it?

obi-dad
12-27-2008, 04:39 PM
I left my list as "Jawa w/ droid" only because I couldn't remember the droids name. And I can be very lazy :). Also, for some reason I can't edit my initial post. It won't let me edit any of my past posts.That's funny, at least to me... notice I didn't give the name of the droid in my post, as I couldn't remember the name at the time and I was too lazy to look it up, too.

Also, I haven't seen it writen anywhere, but I've noticed on SSG's forums that once someone has quoted you, you can no longer edit your post, but until then, you can. At least that what seems to be the case.

bigbarada
12-27-2008, 04:54 PM
but they did say no more skiff guards next year so that stinks for Kithaba.

Where did they say that?

Mad Slanted Powers
12-27-2008, 07:29 PM
Also, I haven't seen it writen anywhere, but I've noticed on SSG's forums that once someone has quoted you, you can no longer edit your post, but until then, you can. At least that what seems to be the case.I was thinking that you could edit for up to 24 hours or something. No one quoted Cane's post, but his original post was 12/23 and his post about not being able to edit was today.

jedibear
12-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Good list...here's some notes on some of these possibilites...

2009 Predictions:

AOTC:

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi I hope it's a SA, EVO-styled upgrade!
4. Captain Typho Please be the one featured the sculpted-shoulder jacket/hat!

TPM:

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi Again, another SA/EVO-styled remake is welcome!
4. Tey How Been waitin' for this one for a while!
6. Queen Amidala Return to Naboo purple dress?

ROTS:

1. Mon Calamari Dancer YES please! Include clear stand for "suspended" display!
2. Utai Make it a two-pack (like Ugnaughts) please!
4. Chewbacca a better Eplll version would be welcome

Obsession is Nute
12-27-2008, 11:14 PM
Well, at least I still have the comic packs to get excited about.

Sidous w/ Mecho Chair, Tey How, Captain Needa, Zuckuss, and K'kruhk will be nice additions. Pelo, the scanning tech, and the Nikto gaurd are not bad, either.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-28-2008, 12:23 AM
Well, at least I still have the comic packs to get excited about.

Sidous w/ Mecho Chair, Tey How, Captain Needa, Zuckuss, and K'kruhk will be nice additions. Pelo, the scanning tech, and the Nikto gaurd are not bad, either.
These were just his predictions based off of his own wishes and some of what Hasbro has said. Some of the figures were confirmed, but not all of them.

bigbarada
12-28-2008, 12:32 AM
Here're my thoughts on these predictions (I'm only commenting on figures that I would be interested in buying):

2009 Predictions:

ESB wave:

2. Princess Leia (Med Frigate) (I'd buy this figure, but have no real high hopes for it.)
3. Luke Skywalker (Med Frigate) (same as Leia)
4. Captain Needa (If the prototype on Ebay is actually this figure, then I think I might pass.)
5. Ugnaught (A two pack would be nice, but I would be happy with just one really well made Ugnaught.)
6. Hoth Rebel Soldier (I'm holding out hope that it's the "Let's go!" Rebel with the horseshoe moustache; but a generic trooper would be fine too, as long as he's of equal quality to the VTAC Snowtrooper.)

AOTC:

6. Tarados Gon (More Klatooinians is always a good thing.)

ROTJ:

1. Princess Leia (concept?) (Depends on what this figure turns out like.)
2. Nikto Skiff Guard (I'm the most excited for this figure, hoping for Vedain or the vintage Nikto.)
3. Malakili (I'll buy him, because he's such a lame character Hasbro is going to have to pull out all the stops on detail and articulation for anyone to care. Plus I plan to get the upcoming Rancor.)
4. Luke Skywalker (DS2) (I sense a retooling of the TAC Jedi Luke.)
5. Ewok (I'll buy whatever Ewok they make.)
6. Sullustan Pilot (nice.)
7. Attark w/ Rock Wart (If true, then very cool)
8. BG-J38 (I foresee a nightmare of overly bendy limbs, but I'll buy one.)

ANH:

1. Hrchek Kal Fas (Yay, midget Bossk!)
2. Danz Borin (I'm drawing a blank.)
3. Imperial Scanning Tech (Would be cool for my Falcon)
4. Rebel Fleet Trooper (Pello Scrambas?) (As long as he is SA and doesn't reuse any of the previous Rebel Fleet Trooper parts.)
5. Han Solo (Is it time for an update already? I still think the VOTC version is near perfect; but I wouldn't mind having one with a removable vest.)
6. Bom Vimdin (If true, then very cool!)
7. Jawa w/ droid (Another Jawa, another droid, another guaranteed purchase from me.)
8. Leesub Sirln (Drawing a blank here.)

ROTS:

4. Chewbacca (I'd buy him only in the hopes that a remake of Captain Tarfull would be next.)

ESB:

1. Zuckuss (It will be nice to fill out my bounty hunter ranks.)
2. Utris M'toc (I have no idea who this is.)
3. Stormtrooper (new holster design) (I would hope for a more accurate helmet and new hands as well)
4. Luke Skywalker (Hoth) (Nice)
5. Princess Leia (Hoth) (Really nice.)

Also, if it's true that we are getting a new Snowspeeder Luke, then that would be my second most wanted figure for this year. Although, I'm still holding out hope that Kithaba is going to show up.

So, no rumors whatsoever of an all-new Bespin Han?

Cane_Adiss
12-28-2008, 01:58 AM
Also, if it's true that we are getting a new Snowspeeder Luke, then that would be my second most wanted figure for this year. Although, I'm still holding out hope that Kithaba is going to show up.

So, no rumors whatsoever of an all-new Bespin Han?

I believe Hasbro stated in a past Q&A that Bespin Han would not be coming out for a few years because they just did the "torture" version and to them that one is good enough for now. Not my opinion personally. I'd like a definitive one but it's not a high priority for me right now.

As for Kithaba, I don't think they commented on him specifically, but they did say in a recent Q&A that Wooof was slated for 2010, and that we would be getting another Nikto skiff guard next year and that that was the only skiff guard planned for 2009. I'd be willing to bet we'll see him before too long, and probably before my favs Cane Adiss, Loje Nella and Jess.

Oh and as for the characters you're not familiar with, you should check out Wookieepedia. Danz Borin and Utris M'toc have been on rumor lists for awhile so their names you should at least recognize from somewhere. Leesub Sirln is a personal want of mine and hasn't appeared on any recent rumor lists (that I'm aware of) but is yet another necessary cantina alien to fill the scene so I'm confident she's coming someday.

bigbarada
12-28-2008, 02:52 AM
As for Kithaba, I don't think they commented on him specifically, but they did say in a recent Q&A that Wooof was slated for 2010, and that we would be getting another Nikto skiff guard next year and that that was the only skiff guard planned for 2009. I'd be willing to bet we'll see him before too long, and probably before my favs Cane Adiss, Loje Nella and Jess.

I read that comment about the Nikto guard, but don't recall reading that he would be the only Skiff Guard we would get for 2009.

Kithaba is starting to show up on more and more want lists and the fact that he showed up on any rumor lists at all for next year is encouraging (even if he did get dropped from that list pretty quickly). Some people have taken to referring to Kithaba as the "vintage Barada" which is not 100% accurate, but if it gets the figure made and made well, then I don't have a problem with it.

sith_killer_99
12-28-2008, 03:00 AM
For 2009, I predict that 95% of my Star Wars budget will go to Gentle Giants and Kotobukiya.:thumbsup:

jedibear
12-28-2008, 07:44 AM
Sith Killer sez:
2. Danz Borin(I'm drawing a blank.)
2. Utris M'toc (I have no idea who this is.)

From Wookieepedia:
"Danz Borin was a bounty hunter who worked for Jabba Desilijic Tiure. He also was an excellent pilot. "

"Utris M'Toc was a male Imzig who served in the Bespin Wing Guard of Cloud City"

We must've blinked for Danz, and Utris's scene was cut from ESB...

Pictures:

Danz, then Utris

El Chuxter
12-28-2008, 03:41 PM
We will not achieve world peace, gas prices will begin to slowly climb again, and Sears, K-Mart, Circuit City, and FYE will all go under.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Prediction? Pain.

Obsession is Nute
12-28-2008, 08:41 PM
K-Mart needs to die. I am amazed it has lasted this long. How a big box store stays in business without ever maintaining a proper inventory is beyond me.

I would gladly give up FYE if to only have Suncoast back for but a few beautiful hours.

Does anyone actually live near a K B Toy's? Their website says they are alive, but I have not seen any evidence of this. Are they any better than say Target or Toys R US?

obi-dad
12-28-2008, 09:07 PM
Does anyone actually live near a K B Toy's? Their website says they are alive, but I have not seen any evidence of this. Are they any better than say Target or Toys R US?

I'm just south of you in St. Louis. I'm not sure how many brick & morter KB's are left. The ones that used to be in St. Louis were terrible. I consider Target & Walmart 100% better than KB (by price & selection). If neither Target or Walmart have the figures, it's usually because Hasbro isn't shipping them. Of course, there are always exceptions. No wonder KB & KMart are in such financial difficulties... they sell the same things as the other stores, but are more expensive and not as well stocked.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Back in the POTJ days, I was finding some figures at K-Mart that I wasn't finding elsewhere. I think I had some luck there with early Saga 2003. However, when the ROTS figures debuted, they had nothing in the way of basic figures. It was like they didn't get the memo that a new movie was coming. Ever since then, I've bought very few things there.

K-Mart may not be great for us Star Wars collectors, but my mom has often said that she likes it. I think part of it is that she finds clothes that she likes there, and since she watches sales, she often find deals on that and other things she wants.

KB left here a few years ago, and the one south of me in Burlington left sometime in the last couple years I think. Their prices were usually higher, though I did get a lot of POTF2 figures that were being clearanced back in 1999 or 2000. I didn't start collecting until Episode I, so that helped a bit in getting caught up on POTF2 figures I had missed.

I rarely shop at Sears. They don't normally even have toys there, though one year near Christmas they had some SW figures. I'll go there if I want tires or a battery for my car, or if I'm shopping for clothes. I'd feel kind of sad if Sears disappeared. My mom worked there for years before I was born. I recall going there as a kid when they used to be in their own big building near downtown. Back then I was fascinated with the NFL merchandise. They moved to the mall in 1988.

Sears was also where I got my first credit card. I kept getting offers in the mail for Visa cards, but kept getting turned down when I sent the application in. I had a Visa debit card, so I didn't really need one, but kind of wanted to establish a credit history. I finally got a Sears card, which eventually became a Sears Master Card.

Overall, I tend to like Target better than Wal-Mart. It just seems like a nicer store. Historically I've had better luck finding figures there, though I have had my droughts there. TRU is no longer here, so those two and Fred Meyer are my main sources since I don't find stuff at K-Mart much anymore. I sometimes check Kohl's now as well.

I've rarely bought anything at FYE, though I've bought more there than I bought at Musicland/Sam Goody. It's ridiculous when new CD's were costing $18 or $19. Circuit City was actually the place I tended to shop for CD's for quite a while. They had a decent selection and the prices weren't too bad. I haven't shopped there much recently. I just found a list from November of stores that were closing, and this one wasn't on the list. I was in there not long ago and it sort of looked like it might be a store that is going out of business. Maybe I just thought that because I had heard about the company's difficulties.

As for Suncoast, I remember thinking a friend of mine was kind of dumb for buying stuff there when it was probably much cheaper elsewhere. However, in the days before DVD, a place like that seemed to be the place to go if I wanted to get widescreen editions of movies. So I ended up shopping there more and more. Once I got a DVD player, it was also the place to go to get TV series, because it seemed like the department stores hadn't started carrying a lot of those yet, at least not shows like Farscape, which I was into at the time. Once I bought my house, I wasn't buying DVD's as much. I didn't have as much disposable income, and most of that was going to Star Wars. It eventually closed sometime in the past year or two. I think FYE has moved into that spot now. It's smaller than the previous spot it was in.

THE Slayer
12-28-2008, 11:02 PM
Off that list I want another EWOK and SHAAK TI (TFU)!!!

DarkArtist
12-29-2008, 08:07 AM
K-Mart needs to die. I am amazed it has lasted this long. How a big box store stays in business without ever maintaining a proper inventory is beyond me.

I would gladly give up FYE if to only have Suncoast back for but a few beautiful hours.

K-Mart is a hit or miss for me, know of 2 near me and have been able to get a few decent HTF items there once and awhile but the rest is meh.

FYE again totally agree would LOVE to see a store like Suncoast make a return again, loved shopping the toy section there and getting some cool stuff. now stores like Hot Topic or Spencers are only carrying the kind of items that Suncoast once had.

I believe i still have at least one KB Toys by me in Woodbridge but haven't been there in months so not sure if it is still open or not. there prices were always higher than other stores and their selection was always the greatest...however i was able to get the first version of removable helmet Vader from KB.

Walmart, TRU and Target is where i get most of my stuff. usually Walmart since it's a 5 minute walk to get there so i'm there usually every morning checking out the Star Wars, and GI JOE sections for new stuff, (have been successful getting whole waves of both lines at once so that's always good)

obi-dad
12-29-2008, 12:29 PM
I read that comment about the Nikto guard, but don't recall reading that he would be the only Skiff Guard we would get for 2009.

I could definitely be wrong (and I don't have the Q&A to quote from at my fingertips), but that's how I definitely remember it. I'm fairly certain that the Nikto guard is the only skiff guard for 2009. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: Ok, I searched back through August and found the JediDefender Q&A where Wooof was confirmed, but nowhere did I find anything to say it was the only skiff guard for 2009. But, that's still what I remember reading somewhere. Maybe someone miss-quoted it somewhere and that's what I'm remembering.

bigbarada
12-29-2008, 01:30 PM
I could definitely be wrong (and I don't have the Q&A to quote from at my fingertips), but that's how I definitely remember it. I'm fairly certain that the Nikto guard is the only skiff guard for 2009. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: Ok, I searched back through August and found the JediDefender Q&A where Wooof was confirmed, but nowhere did I find anything to say it was the only skiff guard for 2009. But, that's still what I remember reading somewhere. Maybe someone miss-quoted it somewhere and that's what I'm remembering.

Actually in a more recent Q&A, Hasbro stated that Wooof has been pushed to 2010 and instead they would release "another Nikto guard." Now that can be taken a couple of ways. Are they referring to another guard of Klaatu's species? Which would only leave Giran (unless they remake the "Klaatu Skiff Guard" figure yet again, in which case I'll be extremely ticked.). Or are they referring to the actual Nikto? (Y'know the alien we all referred to as "Nikto" until EU came around and screwed all the names up.) If that's the case, then does that mean we are getting two Nikto skiff guards next year?

obi-dad
12-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Actually in a more recent Q&A, Hasbro stated that Wooof has been pushed to 2010 and instead they would release "another Nikto guard." Now that can be taken a couple of ways.

I was remembering that one too, but I went back all the way to August, just to go back to when we first received any sort of confirmation of any skiff guard. But, like you... I really don't know how to take their more recent response.