PDA

View Full Version : Happy f-ing Lemmy Day!!!

mabudonicus
12-24-2008, 08:43 AM
Around this time of year, me and several of my friends like to celebrate the birth of a very special person, one who has made life that much more meaningful, and who has been the beacon in the darkness for countless people worldwide. Today is the day where we give thanks to reality itself for allowing the birth of one of the hardest-rockin, arse-kickin musicians of all time, and bonus thanks for allowing that person to go on to form Motorhead (and also give a good try at giving hawkwind some actual balls- nice try at least !!)

Yes, today in 1945, LEMMY was indeed born. Happy Birthday, Lemmy, and Happy Lemmy Day to everyone!!!
:beard: Iso&Baws

can't wait to hit the music \m/

Rocketboy
12-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Lemmy was born on Christmas Eve?
That is pretty f*cking metal!

TeeEye7
12-24-2008, 12:08 PM
Lemmy was born on Christmas Eve?

So was the Deuce. That's why they go hand-in-hand.

mabudonicus
12-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Yes, it's true, and if tradition holds there'll be a big show somwhere (often Hammersmith) and the crowd will sing "Happy Birthday, Dear Motorhead" to Lemmy and the boys. The final song WILL be Overkill. I can't think of a more hardcore, Lemmy thing to do for the holidays, tho, playin yer arse off then going out after the gig and partying until the sun comes up, missing x-mas entirely. Not bad for a guy who's gonna be a Senior Citizen real soon.

Lemmy is the reason I can't take the Rolling Stones seriously, whenever people say "they still got it" I think of last Motorhead show when a then 60 year old Lemmy took the stage and made the immortal proclamation "HELLO..... we're Motorhead...... and we're gonna KICK your *****" and then immediately getting down to doing just that
:beard: Iso&Baws

He nailed Debbie Harry in the 80's too :D

El Chuxter
12-26-2008, 05:14 PM
I would've posted, but I was too fitshaced.

Sixty-three, eh? When these really f'ing hard rockers are old enough to have great-grandchildren, it's a little surreal.