PDA

View Full Version : No Mash For Droidikas Eh?

Jek Porky 2002
02-20-2002, 01:10 PM
What I really don't get about Episode I is if Jedi are no match for Droidikas, then why the hell is there a Gungan wrestling whilst un armed with one at the end?

What the hell is going on?

Beast
02-20-2002, 01:26 PM
From what I can tell in the movie, either not all of them have shields or if you notice, the ones on the battlefield at the end of E1 were moving. The ones that had shields activated had to quit walking and could only fire their guns while they shields were up. Obvious the shields are a massive drain on the droid's power supply, and also require the droid to stop moving for them to cover the droid properly. So it looks like all they can do with them active is stand still and fire. Also if you notice that the DD's move their gun arms forward thru the shield each time they fire. That means that the shield, like the gungan shields wouldn't stop physical attacks, just energy attacks like personal blasters, lightsabers, etc. The gungan's were all fighting with physical weapons, so shields would have been useless anyway.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
02-21-2002, 04:04 AM
I think the Droidekas were no match for two Jedi, who - in fairness - did run away almost as soon as the Droids showed up; however the Droidekas were no match for a thousand shielded Gungans with unconventional energy weapons.

Battle Droid
02-27-2002, 02:53 AM
Little off topic but I noticed in the Ep1 comic 1 that the Droidekas talk.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-01-2002, 07:22 PM
No, no, no! Rune said "They're... No M.A.S.H. for droidekas!" Since they were late when they were called, he was taking away their Nick At Nite privileges!

I just think it's another case of "a legion of my best troops." Overconfidence.

LTBasker
03-02-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
From what I can tell in the movie, either not all of them have shields or if you notice, the ones on the battlefield at the end of E1 were moving. The ones that had shields activated had to quit walking and could only fire their guns while they shields were up. Obvious the shields are a massive drain on the droid's power supply, and also require the droid to stop moving for them to cover the droid properly. So it looks like all they can do with them active is stand still and fire. Also if you notice that the DD's move their gun arms forward thru the shield each time they fire. That means that the shield, like the gungan shields wouldn't stop physical attacks, just energy attacks like personal blasters, lightsabers, etc. The gungan's were all fighting with physical weapons, so shields would have been useless anyway.

Hmm... at the end of E1 when Anakin is taking off and he's firing at the Droidekas there is one walking backwards like "Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap" and I can't remember if his shields were on or not... Anyway, in the E1 games like Battle for Naboo and the regular Episode 1 game if you fire enough or have a strong enough weapon you can drain/be too strong for the shields on a droideka, and they are able to be taken down by lightsabers, so basically the shields just protect from things like normal handheld blasters because the Naboo Fighter Anakin was flying just used blasters to destroy them, 'course that's also like the difference between a glock and an F-16. :D But I think you're right on the battlefield droideka shields, most likely since the shields have to meet the ground in order to form, they can't be mobile because there would be several changes to the ground that could make the shield unstable from all the changing and also putting a drain on the mobility power of the droid.

JEDIpartner
03-03-2002, 06:44 PM
You can get hit like 30 times before you die. If they did that in the movies... I think I would DIE! :rolleyes:

I think Jar Jar is correct in stating that a person could penetrate the energy field, but not another energy weapon. They should have thrown rocks. Ewoks, anyone? :p

Bel-Cam Jos
03-06-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
I think Jar Jar is correct in stating that a person could penetrate the energy field, but not another energy weapon. They should have thrown rocks. Ewoks, anyone? :p

Are you suggesting the Gungans should use Ewoks as projectiles, JP? :rolleyes: Isn't that what an energy field is for? Getting rid of concentrated energy, i.e. lasers and such? The Rebels used proton torpedoes to get past the Death Star's ray-shielded defenses. wait; that has nothing to do with this topic. "Eject! Eject!" :sur: