PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Christmas hauls, or what did you get?

bobafrett
12-25-2008, 12:46 AM
Well, it is just after midnight, so I don't know what I'm getting just yet. Last year it was the interactive R2, this year who knows. I thought I would beat everyone to the punch and post this thread on your Christmas gifts recieved, or given!

Slicker
12-25-2008, 02:04 AM
I've only gotten 2 Christmas cards and no gifts. That's exactly how I wanted it. I told everyone to get me nothing so I wouldn't have to be reminded that it was Christmas. Christmas is by far my favorite day of the year and the season is the greatest time but being stuck over here with nobody and nothing I didn't want to be reminded that I'm 7,000 miles from home.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-25-2008, 10:14 AM
I've been up for about 2 hours, just surfing around the digital web world. And if I get a surfboard, with all the rain outside, I might actually be able to catch a wave. No gifts opened as yet.

JetsAndHeels
12-25-2008, 10:29 AM
Got clothes (shirts, pants, etc for work)
Books (mainly US History)
A $50 gift card to Best Buy

bobafrett
12-25-2008, 11:35 AM
Well, it's 11:31 a.m. and my stepkids just got here, woke my son up, but my wife is making breakfast (brunch?), and we have yet to open our presents, so nothing to report yet.

I'm drinking some god awful coffee, with after taste to it, blah!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-25-2008, 02:16 PM
I had a pretty solid christmas haul: new digital camera, some DVD's, a good amount of $$, a gift card to best buy (already used), and some books including the new Toni Morrison, and JOKER by Brian Azzrello (sp?) and Lee Bermejo. :thumbsup:

mabudonicus
12-25-2008, 02:34 PM
got some Metalocalypse- but that was a couple weeks ago... so far haven't even seen another person all day....
:beard: Iso&Baws

Nice and quiet

Bel-Cam Jos
12-25-2008, 04:03 PM
I'll not list (LISTS... :drool: ) everything, but the highlights

Star Wars:
- Lego pen
- Greedo bobblehead
- Vader gloves (not like his costume, but stretch ones with his face of back of hand)

Pittsburgh:
- glowing carved crystal (Steelers)
- Steelers History DVD (2... get to return one)
- musical stocking Steelers ornament

Other:
- Mark Twain's travels book (only book I received; odd)
- various shirts, sweaters, pants
- "family" laptop (to share at home)
- air compressor
- shoulder bag (for school, current one's gettin' old)
- Simpsons ornament
- various DVDs
- various "Serenity Prayer" stuff
- couple gift cards (Target, Costco)

A nice, relaxing late morning. Merry Christmas, everyone!

bobafrett
12-25-2008, 05:07 PM
My wife and I just woke from our nap, waiting for the kids movie to end before we go tackle dinner. Anyhew, I got the following:

4 pairs of socks
a chocolaty crispy Santa
A pack of clone wars cards
A magnetic "to do" list
A penguin scrub
A pair of black gloves
a package of underwear
A bears travel grooming kit (black leather toiletry kit with Bears "c" on it)
A Batman movie (well a coupon for it, the store told them they wouldn't give her the money back if she got the wrong version, wide screen as opposed to full screen")
A "Obsessed with Star Wars" book
A Darth Vader head candle

I also got my wife a 12" Jesus action figure! ( I found it to be halarious, and almost passed out from laughter)

TeeEye7
12-25-2008, 05:14 PM
Much needed clothes (some for work but mostly casual) from Mrs. TI7

Book Darwin's War by L. N. Smith, MD (about the 416th Bombardment Group in WWII) from my son.

Yoda bobble head :yes: from Santa :thumbsup:

TheDarthVader
12-25-2008, 05:37 PM
Among others, a Force FX Obi Wan Kenobi lightsaber.

bobafrett
12-25-2008, 07:15 PM
I also forgot the following....

A t-shirt that says "Life begins when baseball season starts"
and a gift from my wife to the whole family......tickets to a Cubs game, plus dinner

Jedi_Kal-El
12-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Not a bad Christmas over here.

Electric blanket
Star Wars: TFU PS3 game
Jericho, second season DVD
SW novel Death Star (Heard it wasn't bad)
Old Spice shower gift set
Superman baseball cap
Transformers Animated Leader Class Bulkhead, and Rescue Ratchet.

Hope everyone else had good hauls and got eveything they wanted.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Chex mix and a large Hershey bar from my brother.

More Chex mix, other homemade goodies and jam from my sister.

No raises or year end bonuses at work, but I got my 10 year service bonus, and my manager gave me a check.

Exxon finally began paying the punitive damages on the Exxon Valdez spill, and that turned out to be more than I expected, so that more than makes up for no raise.

The ARM on my mortgage adjusted, but it actually went down, so I'll be paying less for at least one more year.

And I gave myself an injury this morning. I finished shoveling the snow off the driveway, and when I went to put the shovel away, I twisted my right shoulder wrong somehow and it's all messed up.

sith_killer_99
12-25-2008, 10:10 PM
Well, my big gift was my 32 inch HDTV for the bedroom, it arrived yesterday.

My other gifts from the wife and daughter were graphic novels:

Superman "Red Son"
Supergirl "Beyond Good and Evil"

I finished Red Son about an hour ago...AWESOME!

I spent most of my day putting my daughter's gifts together. Her LEGO AT-TE Walker took almost 4 hours!!! My real gift was spending time with the family!

I hope everyone got something they were wanting. :D

CaptainSolo1138
12-25-2008, 11:19 PM
Family Guy, Volume 6

Family Guy Life

Slytherin tie

U.S. Navy tie

Detroit Tigers tie

White tee shirts

Detroit Red Wings official Winter Classic tee shirt

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith

Guitar Hero: World Tour

and finally....

Tickets to see the Red Wings play the Avalanche in Colorado at Pepsi Center.

I know I'm forgetting something, but I can edit later.

figrin bran
12-26-2008, 01:33 AM
I like Cap's Christmas haul!

I got the drumset for Rock Band 2 (xbox360)
$50 gift card for Target
$25 in cash

Slicker
12-26-2008, 01:33 AM
U.S. Navy tie

That is teh ghey.

sergiurusu
12-26-2008, 03:35 AM
I got the following from my family, GF and myself:

- Medicom RAH 1/6 Star Wars Royal Guard
- Medicom 1/6 RAH Motoko Kusanagi
- Hot Toys 1/6 She Predator Machiko (GF)
- Hot Toys 1/6 Appleseed Tereus
- Wave 1/10 Appleseed Deunan & Briareos
- Hot Toys Appleseed snap kits with Landmate (didn't arrive yet...)
- Car insurance paid for 2009 (family)
- $500 (family)
- clothes and stuff - a new coat, a new suit etc.(family)
- A few Star Wars Hasbro action figures and stuff from Secret Santa gift exchange on 2 forums

Lord Malakite
12-26-2008, 06:42 AM
Nothing...Absolutely nothing. :tired:

DarkArtist
12-26-2008, 07:13 AM
Merry Christmas Everyone....

My haul:

Target Exclusive Cobra Rattler (Brother-in-Law)
Target Exclusive Clone Wars Obi Wan and Clones Set (Santa)
Target Exclusive Clone Wars Yoda and Coruscant Guard Set (Santa)
AT-TE (wife- gotta love her...she rocks)
Star Wars Republic Commando Triple Zero and Order 66 (parents)
DVD's : Clone Wars, Hellboy II, Crystal Skull (Uncle)
Indiana Jones Monopoly (brother-in-law)
Clone Wars Clone Trooper Helmet (Wife, this thing is the funniest toy ever)
Wii Games : Quantum of Solace,Cruisin,Lego Star Wars Complete,Spiderman Web of Shadows, wii blaster attachment with Link's Crossbow training game
Clothes, Tools (power tools rule), candy, matchbox cars, Galactic Heroes Single pack figures (Darth Vader,Red Battle Droid,Bossk, Green Clone Trooper)

only have to return the Lego Star Wars game which is not so bad, can return it and get Mario Cart or Something)

jjreason
12-26-2008, 09:16 AM
I got the BMF from my family - though I'd known about it since October. Finally!

DarthBrandon
12-26-2008, 01:10 PM
Absolutley nothing,

Brandon got his AT-TE & tons of figures. I elected to buy nothing as I have to buy a new car. The Passat is a write off as the wife smashed er up.

Ji'dai
12-26-2008, 03:40 PM
Clothes
Shirts, socks, a sweater, couple knit sweatshirts
White Star Wars "ring" t-shirt with classic ANH Luke/Leia poster art
Insulated running pants and two nylon running jackets

Toys & Games
LEGO Star Wars Rogue Shadow
LEGO Pirates Kraken Attackin'
LEGO Pirates Soldier's Arsenal
Scene It Pirates of the Caribbean DVD Game

Other
Hallmark Indiana Jones ornament
Indiana Jones KotCS 2009 calendar
Money

I got one golf shirt I didn't like so that's the only thing I'll be returning/exchanging this year.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-26-2008, 05:27 PM
Star Wars stuff
The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (freakin' awesome)
Battle at the Sarlacc Pit battle pack
Battle of Christophsis battle pack
ARC-170 (Clone Wars variant)
AAT
Yoda & Coruscant Guard battle pack
Assault at the B'omarr Monastery battle pack
Shield Generator Assault battle pack
Clone Wars figures - all of wave 3, Odd Ball, Super Battle Droid
TLC figures - Bail, Breha, FX-6, 327th Star Corps Trooper
Leia/Xizor comic pack
Thrawn/Talon Karrde comic pack
Clone Wars 2009 calendar

Other stuff
The Complete Making of Indiana Jones
Indiana Jones Cairo Ambush battle pack
Dark Knight 2-disc DVD
Queen - The Works CD
The Tales of Beedle the Bard
blue/green shirt
$25 AMC movie card
$15 Barnes & Noble card
$90

Stuff for other family members that are cool
Casablanca DVD
Citizen Kane DVD
Guitar Hero World Tour
Rock Band (full game, it works with GH and was $90 less expensive)
Queen - Jazz CD

And the best:

ShamWow full set of 8 towels :D

And things I'm probably forgetting. It was a pretty great haul. There's still several SW figures my parents have been buying but I didn't get since there was already a lot, so I'll likely be using some of the money for that.

El Chuxter
12-26-2008, 06:26 PM
Between my wife* and I, we got the new Toni Morrison book, American Gods by Neil Gaiman, two awesome kitchen knives, a set of Ramones CDs, the Bourne trilogy, and money.

And we're the only people in existence with a Wii who received Guitar Hero (from her entire family--her brothers convinced her mom to go in on it) and would rather have gotten socks. I actually need socks, not a snigtarded drum set that takes up the whole f'ing living room. (Unfortunately, returning the damn POS game would make it really obvious to her family, and probably make her mom p***ed at her brothers for convincing her we'd love it. And we both suspect it's really a gift from them, for them when they visit. After all, they opened it, and enjoy the silly "match the color" garbage that I can play on my daughter's games for a lot cheaper.)

*--Only listing stuff for her that's kewl.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-26-2008, 06:31 PM
Man, that's probably more stuff than what I would get as a kid. I've yet to see that SW Encyclopedia, but I'll pick it up as soon as I can. Been kind of snowed in for nearly two weeks.

pegger
12-26-2008, 07:07 PM
I got:

Dagger Squadron B-Wing
Lars Family Homestead
Xizor - Leia Comic pack
Clone Wars figs (Clone, Holo Greivous, SBD, Odd Ball)
A new display cabinet from Ikea (Defolt?)
Socks (yeah!)
My son wrapped up my old socks and undies as a gift too.
Case of Sleeman beer
Crossword book.

UKWildcat
12-27-2008, 11:08 PM
PlayStation 3 80 GB
PlayStation 3 Remote Control
Grand Theft Auto IV PS3
Farm Fresh Giftcard
Subway Giftcard
Turtle Wax ICE gift pack
Toothpaste
Deodorant

Needless to say, it was a pretty kicka** Christmas!!! :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
12-28-2008, 12:27 AM
I got some decent stuff this year.

Wall-E DVD
Step Brothers 2-Disc DVD
Prince Caspian 2-Disc DVD
Family Guy Vol. 6
Lost Season 4
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Vol. 6
Futurama: Bender's Game
Left 4 Dead (Xbox 360)
Fable II (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: World at War (Xbox 360)
The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama
The Tales of Beedle the Bard
The Dark Knight soundtrack (random, but I like it)
The Dark Knight Joker T-shirt (has him with the pencil, says "How about a magic trick?")
The Dark Knight 2009 calendar
Assorted gift cards (Barnes and Noble, AMC Theaters)

The only Star Wars stuff I got was the TLC ROTS wave.

JediTricks
12-28-2008, 04:40 PM
I've only gotten 2 Christmas cards and no gifts. That's exactly how I wanted it. I told everyone to get me nothing so I wouldn't have to be reminded that it was Christmas. Christmas is by far my favorite day of the year and the season is the greatest time but being stuck over here with nobody and nothing I didn't want to be reminded that I'm 7,000 miles from home.Sorry to hear that, Seaman Buzzkill. ;) Did they do anything for the holiday on the boat at least?

My dad decided to repeat his ruining of Thanksgiving for Christmas, I got in his face over it and nearly threw down but instead walked out, my sister and mom talked me into coming back, he acted like nothing happened but remained a tool.

Here's what I got, besides a rise in adrenaline:
- Isotoner driving gloves
- 22" Envision LCD widescreen monitor
- 320gb 2.5" hard drive (gonna put it in my laptop, and put its 80gb drive in my 40gb PS3)
- Metallica ...And Justice for All, and Ride the Lightning
- Blade Runner 5-disc Blu Ray
- Batman Begins Blu Ray
- Carrie Fisher: Wishful Drinking
- PS3 Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
- Cookies, brownies, and rice crispy squares made by my sister
- A Christmas Story 22" leg lamp
- Arrested Development complete series on DVD (thanks to Amazon gold box, it was just under $30 so my mom ordered it as a stocking stuffer)
- new PC (3ghz dual core, 2gb of RAM, 500gb HD, 512mb video card, 600w power supply, multi card reader, new copy of XP), I'm not using this yet as it needs to have XP reinstalled, the installation called the HD "H:" instead of "C:" and I have a couple programs that won't take to that.

DarkArtist
12-29-2008, 10:55 AM
forgot to include the following:

Gamecube : Rogue Squadron : Rebel Strike with bonus disk (original Star Wars Atari Video Game - amazing how much the graphics have changed over the years) - plus it works on the Wii so it's all good. and i got the guide to the game as well.

Wii : Clone Wars Lightsaber Duels - already beat the game. very easy but fun

picked up The Dark Knight 2 Disc DVD this morning (wan't it for Christmas but didn't get it)

also got a couple of books : Millennium Falcon, Republic Commando: Order 66 and True Colors

Star Wars Concept to Screen 365 Calendar

Organizer caddy for my phones, wallet keys etc
Organizer for my car
new watch

LTBasker
12-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Presents from a few days ago:
Marvel heroes sweatshirt
NERF Recon CS-6 Rifle
Nintendo Wii
Nintendo WiiPlay
Nintendo Wii Nunchuck
Nintendo Wii The Force Unleashed
Nintendo Wii The Star Wars Saga
Nintendo Wii Mario Kart w/ steering wheel
Xbox Republic Commando
Hot Wheels 2009 line 1:64 Dodge Viper
Stargate SG-1: Season 9
Stargate SG-1: Season 10
Family Guy Volume Six
Jurassic Park trilogy collection
Justice League Unlimited Season 2
The Dark Knight throw blanket
Baby Ruth mini-bars pack

Presents got today (from my sister and her fiance, they were mailed late):
TDK Joker shirt
Attachable Wii Cooler
$25 American Express gift-credit card
$25 Best Buy gift card
Halo (first one)

pbarnard
12-29-2008, 04:37 PM
New Toshiba DVD with HD interface (will probably return to get one with opitcal out instead).
Stargate Atlantis Season 4
IOU for Battlestar Galactica Season 4
LOTR 16 month Calendar
Fitness Center pass to all 5 including the "athletic department weightroom" at the Univ of Iowa.
Trip to Orlando and Daytona (Dec 31-Jan 6).

TeeEye7
12-29-2008, 06:27 PM
- A Christmas Story 22" leg lamp

Awesome, JT! If time permits, please post a picture! I triple dog dare you! I have the Hallmark ornament of the lamp issued last year and love it (given by Mrs. TI7)! I've never known of the lamp being offered in that size!

Being the "old man" in my house with my own menagerie of "major awards", I've got a real affinity for that lamp (and movie....there's a lot of similarities in my own life with regards to the film, as experienced by Ralphie and the "old man").

bobafrett
12-29-2008, 06:42 PM
I got today a Stormtrooper mug, and a Vader mug both with candy in them, both I assume from Target.

JediTricks
12-29-2008, 08:57 PM
Awesome, JT! If time permits, please post a picture! I triple dog dare you! I have the Hallmark ornament of the lamp issued last year and love it (given by Mrs. TI7)! I've never known of the lamp being offered in that size!Will do. My pop gave my sister the 10" version, she put it up in her window and it's the cutest thing. The shade and stockings on that one are scaled a little better than mine though, where on the 20" version it's out of scale. Here's pics of what I mean about the shade scale: http://www.imaginegate.com/christmas-story-leg-lamp.html

Still, mine is a lamp, hers ain't. :p

The full-size one is 40" and very expensive, but it's bang-on visually: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=NC40001

Being the "old man" in my house with my own menagerie of "major awards", I've got a real affinity for that lamp (and movie....there's a lot of similarities in my own life with regards to the film, as experienced by Ralphie and the "old man").I remember seeing that movie when it first came out, great stuff, loved it. The whole part about the soft glow of electric sex was a fine twist on what could have been an otherwise tame movie, yet it's not outrageous. I tried eating soap after the lifebuoy scene too. :D

TeeEye7
12-29-2008, 09:49 PM
Outstanding! As usual, thanks, JT!

$240 is a bit much for what amounts to a "gag gift" on the 40" (very impressive, tho), but I really like the 22" version you received. It's more utilitarian, IMO. It would really set off a desk or office area.

Very cool, sir! It's got my little wheels turning..........

El Chuxter
12-30-2008, 12:14 AM
Ah, the sight of electric sex in the window....

Jedi_Kal-El
12-30-2008, 12:24 AM
Ah, the sight of electric sex in the window....

It not just the sight of electric sex in the window. It's the sight of electric sex gleaming in the window. :whip:

Bel-Cam Jos
12-30-2008, 09:26 AM
It not just the sight of electric sex in the window. It's the sight of electric sex gleaming in the window. :whip:No, it's not just the sight of electric sex gleaming in the window, it's so all the neighborhood (and sure, even the neighbourhood, as well) can see it, too. :fragileit'sItalian:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Awesome, JT! If time permits, please post a picture! I triple dog dare you! I have the Hallmark ornament of the lamp issued last year and love it (given by Mrs. TI7)! I've never known of the lamp being offered in that size!

I saw a replica lamp for sale at a local Christmas store and almost gave into the temptation of buying it when I realized that I would seriously crimp my budget. I guess the ornament is the next best thing.

Anyway, here is my booty:

A pocket watch with fob (to replace the two I have lost or had damaged in a year)

CDs by Billy Joel (Cold Spring Harbor, the last CD I needed from his collection that I started way back in 1996) and John Mellencamp.

A nice dress shirt, socks, and sweater vest for teaching.

Books, assorted

Chocolates

Gift Cards to Best Buy

And the only Star Wars Items were the:

New Clone Wars DVD

Hallmark Jedi Duel Ornament

Bel-Cam Jos
12-18-2009, 07:12 PM
This may inspire someone to create a thread for the '09 hauls, once this week leading up to Christmas is over. El Chuxter, have you seen the outdoor toys called Chux? Like badminton, or a velcro mutt toss. Are you getting royalties for them?

Bel-Cam Jos
12-23-2009, 09:45 AM
Here's a product shot, Chux TM.

bobafrett
12-23-2009, 09:08 PM
That's awesome Bel-Cam, I think Chuz should see an attorney about getting himself a share of what they got coming to them.