PDA

View Full Version : An origional title next time!

Jek Porky 2002
02-20-2002, 01:18 PM
One of the reasons I used to like the titles of Star Wars films were their origionality. The Phantom Menace, A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, Return Of The Jedi, each one indevidual, but then we get Attack Of The Clones, 'of the' has been used before making them loose their indeviduality, so that's why I'm hoping that Episode III will be origional and not have a similar name to any other in the Saga.

Rollo Tomassi
02-20-2002, 03:16 PM
And it has to be something we all initially find vile and retarded, sure to cause endless debate about what the hell George was thinking and it's running the franchise straight into the ground. THAT element is essential.:rolleyes:

I think it will be called :

Star Wars Episode III The New Order

Jek Porky 2002
02-20-2002, 03:40 PM
Yes!
That's it, you see origional!

Jek Porky 2002
02-20-2002, 03:40 PM
Yes!
You see an origional title!

boss nass
02-21-2002, 12:46 AM
i think Fall Of The Jedi

2-1B
02-21-2002, 12:46 AM
The Phantom Menace - A New Hope
Attack of the Clones-Return of the Jedi
Episode III????? - The Empire Strikes Back

Maybe they'll use an "active" title, perhaps including "The Sith . . . " :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

rdrunr89
02-21-2002, 09:44 AM
Ok, we all know that no matter what title we want, George will change it anyway and we'll gripe about it until we see the movie and understand more. Besides based on the previous titles used for the new trilogy and the OT as noted by Caesar, I think it will be an active title as well.

"The New Order Begins". (ok a bit lame, but something along that line perhaps)

It shouldn't be three words and it shouldn't contain "of the" in it.

Rollo Tomassi
02-21-2002, 12:13 PM
"The New Order Rises"

dr_evazan22
02-21-2002, 01:18 PM
OK.... What do you think of this:

Return of the Sith!

rdrunr89
02-21-2002, 03:37 PM
The only problem with "Return of the Sith" is that it doesn't match the pattern. Since we already have:

Attack of the Clones mirrors Return of the Jedi
The Phantom Menace mirrors A New Hope

Episode 3's title should some how mirror The Empire Strikes Back.

See Caesar's post a bit earlier in this.

Basically Ep III's title should not be 3 words and not have "of the" in the title and should be some sort of action.

JetsAndHeels
02-21-2002, 07:55 PM
I am thinking "Rise of the Empire."
At least we know it will be something dark.

dr_evazan22
02-21-2002, 09:17 PM
Actually I did see Caesers post, I just didn't agree w/ it.

The titles of E1 and E4 both have a kind of non-specific introduction that sets the tone for the trilogy.

The titles for E2 and E5 both are specific about what action takes place. In 2 the clones attack, in 5 the Empire struck back at the Reb's (a short 3 years after the DS was destroyed).

For 3, who knows how the title will reflect on the plot. I don't think that GL will limit his title considerations by the fact that "of the" was already used.

I can see "The NO Rises/Begins", I just wasn't limiting myself.

Toad
03-04-2002, 02:44 PM
Why not something to do with the Republic.

I don't know "The Fall of the Republic", though simple, might be all the description we need.

odb
03-04-2002, 04:19 PM
Okay, here's a couple to think about:

Dark Jedi Rising
The Sith Strike Back
Fall of the Jedi
Ascendency of the Sith/Empire (whichever one you like)

I like titles like A New Order are too optimistic, the title needs to reflect the feel of the film.

Rollo Tomassi
03-04-2002, 05:14 PM
You think The New Order sounds Optimistic? I've always felt it sounded ominous and opressive. The New Order is Palpatine's doctrine to become Emperor and turn the Republic into the evil Empire. Not very optimistic considering Episodes IV thru VI...

odb
03-05-2002, 03:59 PM
Yeah, I do think The New Order sounds optimistic. The use of the word new more often than not relates to good things starting, or starting over afresh that will be better than the old system. I think the Empire's reputation from the following three episodes show that it wasn't.

Also The New Order title clashes with A New Hope which puts me off as well.