PDA

View Full Version : Blast from the AF past

Darth Duranium
12-29-2008, 08:36 PM
Just came across the unproduced Prospector Rover from the Aliens AF line... this would have been really nice.

I'm sure the oldtimers here on SSG know about it but it's the first time I've seen it. Very kewl.

I guess Newt and her parents were a little short on luck... in fact, the Rover scene was cut from the theatrical release and they all eventually died from Alien issues. I love Dad with the Facehugger... too funny. Is that Newt's head in Mum's hands? WTF?

Too much family strife. I guess that's why the rover got canned.:pleased:

Looks a bit like the moon rover from 007's Diamonds Are Forever... just need a bubble on the top and Sean Connery bouncing around in it.

RJarvis
12-30-2008, 02:11 AM
wow!...i've been collecting af from the start way back when, and i don't think i've ever heard of this piece...

excellent find!

(is it wrong to covet?) :D

Ross W. Jarvis

JediTricks
12-30-2008, 03:58 AM
Wow, what a wild find. First I've heard of this. I'm surprised they were going to try, looks like they got pretty far, too.

Nightside
12-30-2008, 09:57 AM
That is really cool. I wish someone would make some Titanium-scale die-casts of some of the Aliens craft (the Sulaco, the dropship and the APC).

Is that Newt's head in Mum's hands? WTF?

I think that figure is Newt. She had a doll named Casey and she carried its head around.

cloneemperor
12-31-2008, 12:20 AM
That. Is. Awesome. I've seen so many protos for the Star Wars line, that's the first I've seen a proto for any of the other lines. Very nice.

clone157
12-31-2008, 09:06 PM
I've never seen this before, and I still have my 3 AF Aliens sets!

Darth Duranium
01-01-2009, 06:31 AM
Wow... I'm surprised that nobody's seen it before, either. Kewl. The pics and details are from the Alien Collectibles Archive (great site, IMO). Forgot to mention that before...

The pics below are from unproduced Alien AF toys... the wheelie-ing Rover, 2 AF playsets, an AF head, and the hilarious Ash figure. Maybe some of these are new to some of you guys, too. Check out the site!

Nightside, you're right... it is Newt and her disturbing headless doll... see below. I'd forgotten about that... she's a little over-sized for her Dad, though. Maybe the face-hugger's compressing his spine a bit. :twisted:

BTW Night, you probably know that Konami produced resin versions of the 3 Alien vehicles you mentioned (in Titanium scale)... plus the Narcissus and Nostromo. Very detailed, very nice. I've got mine on the shelf with my Titaniums, 'cause I'm a heathen.

RJarvis, it is so right to covet stuff like this.

Galoob Unproduced Prospector Rover (Jordan Family Rover)

This piece is the original prototype model of the Prospector Vehicle (aka the Jordan Family Rover) from Aliens. This toy was never produced, since the scene in which it was shown was ultimately cut from the movie. It is completly built from hand, cast in a heavy resin and plastic. A master model builder then hand painted the vehicle and assembled it. This model is fully functional! Not only is it great to look at, but it also rolls on wheels and has independant struts that move up and down, allowing the toy to climb large obstacles. The front door could slide open and closed, allowing a figure to be placed inside. On the back of the toy, a giant mining arm can be pulled out and positioned in an upwards or downwards scooping motion. The vehicle was to come with two figures - Newt and her father. In fact, her father is attacked by a face hugger in the once-unreleased scene, which can be seen wrapped around his neck.

loads more stuff:

http://www.8thpassenger.com/aliencollectiblearchive/v/Prototypes/Unproduced+Prototypes/

Darth Duranium
01-01-2009, 07:01 AM
Did anyone pick up this Aqua Aliens figure that came with The Betty from Alien 4?

If so, how big is the Betty? Looks MM scale but I'm hoping it's TS scale, despite the vile paintjob.

Pics below.

RJarvis
01-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Did anyone pick up this Aqua Aliens figure that came with The Betty from Alien 4?

If so, how big is the Betty? Looks MM scale but I'm hoping it's TS scale, despite the vile paintjob.

Pics below.

I actually did pick a couple of these. Got them on clearance at Wally-mart...gave the figures away and kept the ships. They are more in line with MM scale, but fairly well detailed.

I'll try to dig it out and take a comp pic to post.

Ross W. Jarvis

Nightside
01-01-2009, 07:05 PM
BTW Night, you probably know that Konami produced resin versions of the 3 Alien vehicles you mentioned (in Titanium scale)... plus the Narcissus and Nostromo. Very detailed, very nice. I've got mine on the shelf with my Titaniums, 'cause I'm a heathen.

Actually DT, I didn't know about the Konami ships. I'll definitely check them out. Thanks for the heads up!

Darth Duranium
01-02-2009, 02:16 AM
I'll try to dig it out and take a comp pic to post.

Ross W. Jarvis

Thanks, Ross. There's more than 1 ship, or just different versions of the Betty?

The Konami vehicles rock, Nightside. Glad to tell you about 'em. My Titanium shelf is back together so I took a few pics for ya:

sergiurusu
01-02-2009, 05:48 AM
Every time I see these protos plus the Star Wars protos I remember how cool Action Fleet and MicroMachines were. :yes: I have the SW AF/MM, AF/MM Predator, AF/MM Aliens, AF/MM Starship Troopers and MM Terminator head. I wish these protos were produced as well. :sad:

Nightside
01-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Darth Titanium, thanks for the pics! I like them, especially the dropship.

BTW, who made the TIE Crawler?

Darth Duranium
01-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Night, the TIE Crawler is made by F-Toys (Japanese "candy toy" maker)... the F-Toys ships are designed by Finemolds (great Japanese model maker). Picked mine up from HK for about $10 inc. shipping on eBay... it's perfect for TS scale.

Glad you liked the pics of the Alien Konamis! BTW, the Dropship can be displayed "dropping" with the landing gear up (removed) and the 4 missile pods all fold down into the ship. Gives a great excuse to say, "We're in the pipe, five by five", and "Express elevator to Hell, goin' down!!!!".

Konami also did Titanium-sized Space 1999, Thunderbirds, and a bunch of the other Gerry Anderson marionette shows... all very nice. I've just got the Space 1999 ones... 2 Eagles and a Hawk. Check out the Konami Viper... it's even got a pilot in the cockpit.

Here's a few pics of some of the Konami ships... and a couple of Furuta Trek ships in TS scale. Pardon the dust...

I gotta say that I love the Japanese stuff.

Sergiu, I'm with you... would love to see AF return. BTW, I had a look at your photo gallery... very nice collection, dude. I hadn't seen some of the playsets and the closeups were great. Most impressive!

JediTricks
01-06-2009, 02:27 AM
That is really cool. I wish someone would make some Titanium-scale die-casts of some of the Aliens craft (the Sulaco, the dropship and the APC).They did Micro Machines and Action Fleet from the franchise back in the day.

I think that figure is Newt. She had a doll named Casey and she carried its head around.Right, that's what my memory was hinting at but couldn't remember. Thanks!

This toy was never produced, since the scene in which it was shown was ultimately cut from the movie. The author's supposition here is dead wrong. The movie had been out over a decade when that toy was conceived, they knew it was only in the deleted scenes when they slated budget to build it.

It's too bad Hasbro doesn't believe there's a market for this stuff, and has too high a profit margin requirement to make it happen.

sergiurusu
01-06-2009, 05:46 AM
Most of the Action Fleet and MicroMachines prototypes pictures (http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o313/starwarsdroids/Action%20Fleet%20Prototypes/)

cloneemperor
01-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Now THAT's a great resource. Thanks!

sergiurusu
01-07-2009, 11:54 PM
There are a few customs there as well. :)

RJarvis
01-08-2009, 12:45 AM
Darth Titanium -

Sorry it took me so long to get these up, but here are a couple of pics of the Betty. The first 3 are pics of just the Betty and the last is the Betty with both a titanium Falcon and an MM Falcon to help gauge the size. I had originally said that it was more in keeping with the MM scale, but when you put it all together, it's really sort of "in between-ish"...

enjoy...

jonthejedi
01-08-2009, 03:27 AM
I was able to get the Konami Aliens series 1 & 2(but not the chase figures), and they really do rock. I've never seen such detail on anything so small. Bases were cool, too.

clone157
01-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Hey guys, got a couple o' questions. Was there ever a series 2 for the Micro Machines Star Wars "novel series"(sorry forgot the name of the sub line).
I seem to remember a Mon Remonda being on the cross sell of the packages, but I never saw one at retail. Also, were the Aliens Action Fleet toys ever released at retail? I had ordered mine from Galoob back when the net was still young.

RJarvis
01-09-2009, 12:20 AM
clone157 -

The Mon Remonda was indeed made, but if I recall correctly, I don't think series 2 of the "novel" sets were ever released to mass retail. They were, again going off an old and many times faulty memory, made available through online/specialty collectors' shops.

I was fortunate enough to get the entire series 2 from one of JKF's Galoob BBS contests/give-aways.

Attatched are a couple of pics of the Remonda. The first two pics are the Remonda with its MM cousins. The last pic is my Mon Calamari "fleet".

back row (left to right): Titanium MC80, Starship Battles Viscount, Starship Battles MC80
front row(left to right): Micro Machine Home One, Starship Battles Home One, MM MC80, MM Mon Remonda

As for the Aliens AF, they were indeed released to mass retail. Somewhere in the bowels of my collection I have the Sulaco drop ship, APC vehicle and the Nostromo escape ship from Alien. One interesting note: the MM version of the Aliens APC was the perfect scale to fit into the AF scale drop ship. It was one of the nicer touches by the old Galoob designers. Not sure if it was intentional or not, but it was exceedingly cool to put them together. If I can dig them out, I'll post pics.

Enjoy...

Ross W. Jarvis

Darth Duranium
01-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Darth Titanium -

Sorry it took me so long to get these up, but here are a couple of pics of the Betty. The first 3 are pics of just the Betty and the last is the Betty with both a titanium Falcon and an MM Falcon to help gauge the size. I had originally said that it was more in keeping with the MM scale, but when you put it all together, it's really sort of "in between-ish"...

enjoy...

Thanks for the pics... extremely helpful. The Betty's close enough to TS/Konami size that I'm just gonna have to grab one of 'em. I've seen 'em pretty cheap on eBay, and I'll just get them to ship the Betty only...

I gotta wonder what they were smokin' when they decided to add green camouflage to the paintjob... still, I haven't seen any other toy versions of The Betty anywhere. I like the design... like all the Alien films, the ships look great, IMO.

Still, Alien Resurrection did suck pretty mightily, didn't it? I saw the "director's cut" too, and still thought it abundant in suckage. Winona's whining performance, the annoying wheelchair midget, and the ridiculously disgusting Baby alien are among the elements that I disliked the most. They should have nuked the station after the first 30 minutes, with the entire cast aboard.:)

Again, thanks Ross... great pics!

JediTricks
01-09-2009, 06:27 PM
MM Epic Collection series 2 was indeed released to mass retail... just not in the US. :ermm: But all 3 in the series were actually released overseas, and Galoob made them available in the US through direct mailing if you knew how to contact Galoob. According to my files, the sets were:
Dark Apprentice - with Expanded B-wing, Tafanda Bay, Dorsk 81, Exar Kun, Lando Calrissian, and Probe Droid
Dark Force Rising - with Scimitar, Coral Vanda, X-wing, Garm Bel Iblis, Borsk Fey'la, and Palpatine
The Courtship of Princess Leia - with Mon Remonda, Hapes Nova, AT-ST, Gethzerion, Isolder, and Princess Leia

clone157
01-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Dark Apprentice - with Expanded B-wing, Tafanda Bay, Dorsk 81, Exar Kun, Lando Calrissian, and Probe Droid
Dark Force Rising - with Scimitar, Coral Vanda, X-wing, Garm Bel Iblis, Borsk Fey'la, and Palpatine
The Courtship of Princess Leia - with Mon Remonda, Hapes Nova, AT-ST, Gethzerion, Isolder, and Princess Leia[/quote]

Do you have any pics to post on these?

clone157
01-10-2009, 08:57 PM
As for the Aliens AF, they were indeed released to mass retail. Somewhere in the bowels of my collection I have the Sulaco drop ship, APC vehicle and the Nostromo escape ship from Alien. One interesting note: the MM version of the Aliens APC was the perfect scale to fit into the AF scale drop ship. It was one of the nicer touches by the old Galoob designers. Not sure if it was intentional or not, but it was exceedingly cool to put them together. If I can dig them out, I'll post pics.

Enjoy...

Ross W. Jarvis[/quote]
Yeah, I got those guys direct from Galoob. Man I miss that company. Just goes to show how a smaller, leaner company will risk all to put superior products in our greasy hands. As opposed to other bigger, more penny pinching companies.

sergiurusu
01-11-2009, 07:52 AM

I have all 3 as well (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v226/sergiurusu/Star%20Wars%20Action%20Fleet%20collection/) and the small MM APC is inside the Drop Ship. Galoob knew what people liked, they were always very imaginative

Darth Duranium
01-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Yeah, it was a nice surprise that the MM APC fits perfectly... I've got 'em all, too. I like that the Narcissus came with Jonesy, too.

I'm still looking for that Predator AF ship... they're too pricey for me!

clone157
01-14-2009, 01:27 AM
Anyone know if Galoob ever released the Series alpha version of the Naboo Fighter? I remember seeing it in a cross sell, but never saw it at retail. BTW, what else was in the assortment with that?

Darth Duranium
01-14-2009, 08:19 AM
Anyone know if Galoob ever released the Series Alpha version of the Naboo Fighter? I remember seeing it in a cross sell, but never saw it at retail. BTW, what else was in the assortment with that?

Yep, it was released through the SW fan club, apparently. I suspect that some made it to regular retail, too... 'cause I picked one up from eBay fairly cheap, a while back. I think Galoob snuck some out to their site, too.

IMHO, the concept design is much kewler than the one George went with.

It came with a "Naboo Fighter Pilot", and a Titanium-sized regular Naboo Fighter... see pic:

Blue2th
01-14-2009, 09:37 AM
Saw the Ep.1 Alpha series only at Target. I managed to get all of them except the Sith Infiltrator. All of them are pretty cool, with the concept vehicles usually bigger and better than the designs used IMHO.

JediTricks
01-14-2009, 04:47 PM
Do you have any pics to post on these?Sorry, I don't think I have those pics anymore, they remained with the old host of this site.

Yeah, I got those guys direct from Galoob. Man I miss that company. Just goes to show how a smaller, leaner company will risk all to put superior products in our greasy hands. As opposed to other bigger, more penny pinching companies.Yeah, Hasbro doesn't really have the streamlined budgetary ability for this sort of thing, and it's tragic. Galoob was 1 in a million, and when Hasbro bought them, their light went out of the universe.

Anyone know if Galoob ever released the Series alpha version of the Naboo Fighter? I remember seeing it in a cross sell, but never saw it at retail. BTW, what else was in the assortment with that?They did, it was the "wave 2" case at mass retail (very few retailers ordered it), I think they scaled back 2 vehicles from the other 3 to make room. I have a couple, they're very nice.

Yep, it was released through the SW fan club, apparently. I suspect that some made it to regular retail, too... 'cause I picked one up from eBay fairly cheap, a while back. I think Galoob snuck some out to their site, too.

IMHO, the concept design is much kewler than the one George went with.

It came with a "Naboo Fighter Pilot", and a Titanium-sized regular Naboo Fighter... see pic:They were mass retail, and unfortunately not available through Galoob direct because by then Hasbro had shut them down.

clone157
01-15-2009, 12:54 AM
Thanks guys. Great find DT. I got the Sith Infiltrator and the droid fighter. Was there any other released in that line that I missed?

clone157
01-15-2009, 12:56 AM
Saw the Ep.1 Alpha series only at Target. I managed to get all of them except the Sith Infiltrator. All of them are pretty cool, with the concept vehicles usually bigger and better than the designs used IMHO.

I agree. I even loved the mini ships included.

Darth Duranium
01-15-2009, 07:05 AM
No worries, Clone157. Glad to help!

I'm not sure which Series Alphas you're missing so here's a list from the SWAF site (Sicqnus' site is down!):

Series Alpha
B-Wing Starfighter
Cloud Car
Imperial AT-AT
Imperial Shuttle Tydirium
Rebel Snowspeeder
X-Wing Starfighter (Red 3)
Y-Wing Starfighter (Red)
Naboo Starfighter
Royal Starship
Sith Infiltrator
Trade Federation Droid Fighter

That last frickin' one took me years to find cheaply... I started collecting AF towards the end of Galoob's glorious and storied reign, so I had to play catch up to get 'em all. R.I.P. Galoob!

I've got my smaller AF Alpha ships displayed on my Titanium shelf... they look great!

neosapian77
01-17-2009, 10:24 AM
No worries, Clone157. Glad to help!

I'm not sure which Series Alphas you're missing so here's a list from the SWAF site (Sicqnus' site is down!):

Series Alpha
B-Wing Starfighter
Cloud Car
Imperial AT-AT
Imperial Shuttle Tydirium
Rebel Snowspeeder
X-Wing Starfighter (Red 3)
Y-Wing Starfighter (Red)
Naboo Starfighter
Royal Starship
Sith Infiltrator
Trade Federation Droid Fighter

That last frickin' one took me years to find cheaply... I started collecting AF towards the end of Galoob's glorious and storied reign, so I had to play catch up to get 'em all. R.I.P. Galoob!

I've got my smaller AF Alpha ships displayed on my Titanium shelf... they look great!

I would so rebuy all of these but if your lucky to find one on the internet it'll probably be expensive :(

clone157
01-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Well, looks like I only missed the Naboo fighter!

Darth Duranium
01-20-2009, 12:47 PM
Nice you've got the rest... not an easy one to find, though. They don't show up on eBay like they used to...

neosapian77
01-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Hasbro needs to rerelease these guys

sergiurusu
01-24-2009, 04:51 AM
Hasbro needs to rerelease these guys

I dream about that too, as well as relaunching the Action Fleet and MicroMachines lines. But is only a dream alas...

dockingbay97
12-15-2010, 01:43 AM
Strange, just came across this thread.

I actually own a Action Fleet Jordan Family crawler, the set of two figures it came with, the figure base and the 2 up as well.

I also have a partially painted LV 426 colony playset but it doesn't have any of the figures.

They are totally awesome pieces.

I think there are about two more crawlers out there. I think I may have the only figures and black base - I don't know.

sergiurusu
12-22-2010, 05:42 AM
Strange, just came across this thread.

I actually own a Action Fleet Jordan Family crawler, the set of two figures it came with, the figure base and the 2 up as well.

I also have a partially painted LV 426 colony playset but it doesn't have any of the figures.

They are totally awesome pieces.

I think there are about two more crawlers out there. I think I may have the only figures and black base - I don't know.

Some pictures would be really cool to see. Are they for sale/trade?

Darth Duranium
12-22-2010, 04:56 PM
I've only seen the LV playset with a red base. Pics would be cool!

BTW the Jordan crawler's awesome... wish they'd made it.

dockingbay97
12-22-2010, 06:44 PM
Here are shots of the crawler and 2 up.

I bought these from Hollywood Heroes. These are their pictures - to be honest they are better than what I could take.

Sorry they are just links.

http://dockingbay97.com/avp/miner2up01.jpg

http://dockingbay97.com/avp/miner2up02.jpg

http://dockingbay97.com/avp/miner2up03.jpg

http://dockingbay97.com/avp/miner2up04.jpg

dockingbay97
12-22-2010, 06:48 PM
The playset

I think there are roughly four of these existing. One is fully painted with painted figures. There are a couple of bright plastic ones like the one shown in this thread already. I think at least one of those has unpainted figures. And there is mine which doesn't have figures but is partially painted.

http://dockingbay97.com/avp/playset01.jpg
http://dockingbay97.com/avp/playset02.jpg
http://dockingbay97.com/avp/playset03.jpg
http://dockingbay97.com/avp/playset04.jpg
http://dockingbay97.com/avp/playset05.jpg
http://dockingbay97.com/avp/playset06.jpg
http://dockingbay97.com/avp/playset07.jpg

And would I ever part with these? I don't know. They are pretty sweet. It would take a lot of tempting. I don't think I could.

cloneemperor
12-23-2010, 09:41 PM
Those are really nice. I wouldn't mind having that in my collection.

dockingbay97
12-23-2010, 10:26 PM
These were the two that got away - two unproduced Predator Action Fleet ships.

http://dockingbay97.com/avp/red1.jpg

http://dockingbay97.com/avp/blue1.jpg

Someone got a couple of super cool space ships.

sergiurusu
12-24-2010, 02:27 AM
The Predator ships are really neat. I have the regular Predator and Alien ships, plus the Terminator and Alien head playsets (looking for Predator head). I have these displayed next to my Hot Toys figures. The AF Predator ship is from an AVP comic see pic attached.

I can only imagine what Galoob would have done for other sci-fi series like Babylon 5, Stargate SG-1/Atlantis, Battle Star Galactica, Andromeda, Farscape, Space 1999, V, Firefly, Avatar etc. plus the lines they already made like Star Wars (we still need AOTC ships, ROTS, CW, EU), Alien, Terminator, Predator, Indy etc.

briar_mackinney
12-24-2010, 10:09 AM
Nice predator display! I've got the sideshow pieces myself but haven't been able to create the room for the Hot Toys items, which I've had my eye on for awhile.

I've been searching for Alien / Predator ship models for awhile now -- hoping to get the Konami Alien ships sometime in the nexy few months, but alas they are quite expensive on Ebay. Nice to know that there are other brands out there.

sergiurusu
12-25-2010, 02:22 AM
Nice predator display! I've got the sideshow pieces myself but haven't been able to create the room for the Hot Toys items, which I've had my eye on for awhile.

I've been searching for Alien / Predator ship models for awhile now -- hoping to get the Konami Alien ships sometime in the nexy few months, but alas they are quite expensive on Ebay. Nice to know that there are other brands out there.

OT - The HT Predators are quite expensive at the moment. I was lucky to get mine for original price not the prices they are going for now - and I also have Taylerdurdem custom masks for Pred 1 and 2. As for the Sideshow Pred dioramas, both are Exclusive but I prefer the masked heads.

briar_mackinney
12-25-2010, 06:20 PM
Yes, I checked E-bay soon after I read the posts on this thread and suddenly, almost like magic, I didn't want the Hot Toys pieces anymore. Oh, well. Probably for the best, wouldn't want my Alien / Predator collectibles to get as numerically obnoxious as my Star Wars ones have.

I prefer the masked heads on my SS Dioramas as well. And they're more than good enough for me. Got all the Alien Dioramas as well (Besides the Powerloader and Queen). They're all definately among my favorites.

sergiurusu
12-26-2010, 12:34 AM
I've seen the SS Alien dios, they are really cool, but I only collect Star Wars OT Imperials, Terminator 1 & 2 Endoskeletons and Predator 1 & 2. :)

Darth Duranium
12-29-2010, 07:54 PM
Haven't seen those AF Predator ships for a long time, DB97... would've been cool.

I never did get my hands on the regular AF Predator Transport, sadly.

Briar, the Konami Alien set is awesome... highly recommended. Yeah, the price has gone through the roof due to rarity... it used to be much less disheartening.
I hope we see more gashapon sci-fi lines.

Nice to see your displays again, Serg. Inspiring!
Question: who made the small (3") ID4 ship set that I saw in your earlier photos? Playmates?

sergiurusu
12-30-2010, 12:10 AM
Nice to see your displays again, Serg. Inspiring!
Question: who made the small (3") ID4 ship set that I saw in your earlier photos? Playmates?

I think the ID4 Alien Attacker and the smaller playsets were made by Trendmaster

briar_mackinney
12-30-2010, 12:53 AM
I was on the fence about the Konami Alien ships up until I saw the pictures of yours, Duranium. I couldn't really get a feel for their quality from the pics on E-bay. So I know I'll get them eventually, hopefully for a relatively decent price. The Alien franchise is one of my absolute favorites so I simply won't be able to resist, especially since they're around the same scale as my SW ships.

Darth Duranium
12-30-2010, 02:52 PM
I think the ID4 Alien Attacker and the smaller playsets were made by Trendmaster

Thanks Sergiu. I've got the big Alien Attacker but I had forgotten who made it.
Do you know which ID4 playset the small ship comes from? I want one!

I was on the fence about the Konami Alien ships up until I saw the pictures of yours, Duranium. I couldn't really get a feel for their quality from the pics on E-bay. So I know I'll get them eventually, hopefully for a relatively decent price. The Alien franchise is one of my absolute favorites so I simply won't be able to resist, especially since they're around the same scale as my SW ships.

Glad the pics helped, dude. I bought the Alien Konamis as sets when they first hit the market, so I ended up with all the silly figures too. Still, the whole set was much cheaper than what single ships go for these days. The only figure I display is the Powerloader... the rest are in a box.

All the Alien ships are beautifully done... fantastic detail for their size. I wish they'd done a Betty, though there is a smaller toy one from Kenner.

I love Japanese gashapon lines but it seems there's a limited window until some become rare and pricey. Limited supply, I guess. The first Furuta Trek set costs a friggin' fortune these days. Some of the SW F-Toys are getting expensive, too.

Good hunting, Briar. I'll drop you a PM if I see any good deals on the Konamis. Are you looking for all the ships?

briar_mackinney
12-30-2010, 07:15 PM
I actually troll E-bay on an almost daily basis and I've been paying special attention to the Konami Alien ships lately (ever since I found out the average price for them pretty much doubled since I first found out about them). And of course I'm looking for all the ships!!

I know what you mean about the lines getting expensive FAST -- I've also had my eye out for that 1st wave of Furuta Star Trek ships for awhile now but there's no way I'm spending 200+ bucks for the whole set. I'm probably going to snag the 2nd and 3rd sets in early January before the prices on those go through the roof as well.

sergiurusu
12-31-2010, 03:09 AM
Thanks Sergiu. I've got the big Alien Attacker but I had forgotten who made it.
Do you know which ID4 playset the small ship comes from? I want one!

No problem. You can see all the playsets and corresponding ships here: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v226/sergiurusu/Star%20Wars%20Action%20Fleet%20collection/#!cpZZ16QQtppZZ12

Darth Duranium
01-01-2011, 06:41 PM
Briar, you sound mighty dedicated to finding them... good hunting. I particularly like the Sulaco and Dropship, but they're all cool. I've occasionally seen the Konamis advertised as Tomy or Bandai product on eBay, but I'm sure you've tried some more obscure search strings like "alien ship" and "japan alien".
I imagine they're hard to find in sets these days.

Wow, I can't believe that the first Furuta set goes for over $200... that is crazy and they're clearly not worth it. I've seen the Defiant go for $70 so I shouldn't be surprised.... but I guess I still am.

As an investment (not that I really look at my collection like that), it seems that the gashapon lines have had the largest increase in value since they first hit retail. I don't know if they've peaked, but it seems to not be the case.

Thanks for the pics, Sergiu. It looks like the little alien ship is the same in both the Area 51 and L.A. playsets. I was wondering: how big is that little ship? I'm hoping for Titanium scale.

sergiurusu
01-02-2011, 03:07 AM
Thanks for the pics, Sergiu. It looks like the little alien ship is the same in both the Area 51 and L.A. playsets. I was wondering: how big is that little ship? I'm hoping for Titanium scale.

I think it is just a bit larger than old MicroMachines ships

Darth Windu
01-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Wow, I can't believe that the first Furuta set goes for over $200... that is crazy and they're clearly not worth it. I've seen the Defiant go for $70 so I shouldn't be surprised.... but I guess I still am.
That's why - the Defiant is super-expensive, the rest not so much. You can pick up ships like Voyager and Prometheus very cheaply.