PDA

View Full Version : Generic 3.75 figures ?

DarkArtist
12-30-2008, 10:05 AM
does anyone know where one can possible find some generic looking 3.75" scale action figures for customizing projects. thinking of creating various town people for a huge GI JOE diorama i want to do. looking for ordinary looking men, women and children. was thinking of check craft stores and such. was thinking of investing in some of the figures from the lines of DC and maybe even the Walmart adventure brand (i think they are John Deere and rescue themes) but would rather not spend the $$$$ to get figures that are very scene specific or poorly made (ie new Corps stuff)

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

pbarnard
12-30-2008, 03:14 PM
Check out Smalljoes.com. They keep some "towns people" that were related to CORPS figures. There also was a line by Tonka. But for the most part, yeah, you're probably screwed. The good news is that if you have Mutts and Henry Jones Sr figs (even Indy himself), head swapping those around can give you some variety. Women will be a bit trickier.

DarkArtist
12-30-2008, 03:50 PM
Check out Smalljoes.com. They keep some "towns people" that were related to CORPS figures. There also was a line by Tonka. But for the most part, yeah, you're probably screwed. The good news is that if you have Mutts and Henry Jones Sr figs (even Indy himself), head swapping those around can give you some variety. Women will be a bit trickier.

thanks pbarnard. i'll have to check out smalljoes and see what they have. might also hit up some dollar stores in my travels as well. really want some female characters, have a couple of customs in mind but need the figures to do it. might break down and get a few of the DC figures (want a Superman anyway and the addition of Supergirl and wonder girl are cool) might even try finding some of the Takara microman line and just customizing the heads of them as well.

DarkArtist
12-31-2008, 08:54 AM
went back to Walmart and noted that they carry a line of 3.75 figures with vehicles and accessories titled Bass Pro Shops. line includes ATVs,Hummers,Fishing Boats,Horses etc and accessories like campers, tents etc. prices are decent ranging from $5 -$15. i think the set with the Hummer and boat was about $12 so not so bad.

also forgot to check out ebay for cheap custom figures from older lines like Godzilla, Voltron etc. (would love to get some of the Popco/Corgi stuff from the Harry Potter films....too expensive though.)