PDA

View Full Version : Character in AOTC that interests you the most?

Darth Evil
02-20-2002, 02:39 PM
I'd have to say Dooku/Tyrannus because the Sith and the Dark Side are the most interesting aspects of Star Wars and Christopher Lee rocks! Which character interests you the most? Also, according to my dictionary, Tyrannus is Latin for Tyrant, there's a bit of bonus information for you!

Beast
02-20-2002, 02:52 PM
I would have to say, Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus as well. Maul was really over rated as a villan and a sith. To agressive and pit bull like. Christopher Lee as Dooku/Tyranus will definatly be a major improvment as far as Sith charecters go. A more elegent villan then Maul, and more impressive as well. Love the curved saber hilt.

Also Jar Jar Binks of course, especially now that he's all grown up and is a Senator. From the little script pieces that have been posted here, I really am looking forward to seeing JJB again. Judging by the action figure, he obviously seems some action in this film as well. Cool. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-20-2002, 03:30 PM
Clone troopers and Battle Droids, I can't wait to see these guys fighting each other! I hope it's something compared to but bigger than the Gungan vs. Battle Droid battle. :D

InsaneJediGirl
02-20-2002, 04:34 PM
The character(s) that interests me the most would have to be Zam Wessel and Shaak Ti.Zam looks like a really interesting bounty hunter aside from all the Jango hype.

Shaak Ti just looks like a cool Jedi :D

BlahBlahBlah
02-20-2002, 05:17 PM
Anakin. It's gonna be awesome seeing him starting his way down the dark path, espcially killing all those Tuskin raiders and the fight with Dooku.

Of course, Count Dooku is next. I agree that the Sith are some of the most interesting characters. I liked how Maul seemed to be more of a typical warrior-type, while Dooku can be sophisticated and kick *** at the same time.

DARTH DUBIOUS
02-20-2002, 06:08 PM
I'm intrigued to see the Kaminoans and Dexter jettster. We've seen and heard so little about these characters that I really want to know what Lucas is hiding from us. he's dumped everything else into the trailers and all the photos that have hit the net and magazines but not this set of characters. Hmmmmm hope they aren't crappy and really disappointing after waiting so long to see them.

Yeah Dooku looks interesting to use an understatement. Christopher Lee looks so odd that I reckon he'll bring a real menace to the film which Maul could never manage. it'll be interesting to see how they spin the connections with Sidious and Tyrannus and all the senators and guilds and whatever.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of the Jedi Temple and other Jedi council members. ( Hopefully that snake guy Rankisis won't have any more screen time than he did for ep1. )

I think that's it. :)

Bosskman
02-20-2002, 06:38 PM
Anakin: I can't wait to see how him and Obi Wan's relationship goes bad. Vader and Ben have been my favorite characters since I was a kid and hopefully AOTC will show the origins of Vader.

Yoda: I can't wait to see him in action. Ever since ESB I knew he's give any bad guy a s#%$-kicken and I'm sure it's gonna be cool.

Palpatine: I can't wait to see him continue to manipulate everybody just to get what he wants. Unlike most bad guys, he's got absolutely no redeeming qualities, just pure evil, sorta like Sauron from LOTR........

And finally, I'm looking forward to seeing the Geonosians. I've thought that the battle droid were awesome looking and I can't wait to see the guys who build them. I just hope that Lucas doesn't make them look stupid like he did the Gungans. There was real potential for them in TPM but he had to make them all sound like a bunch of rastafarians. Sometimes I think he's got some serious brain damage when it comes to aliens like the Gungans and the Ewoks. I just hope he doesn't do the same thing with the Geonosians.

master jedi
02-20-2002, 06:46 PM
Padme in her tight, tight clothes interest me the most.

And I'm sure she interesta GNT too.

Darth Ovori
02-20-2002, 07:02 PM
The vehicles, Starships, locations and the music probably will intrest me more than one character... Hmmmm but Padme in that tight outfit could also do it for me!!! ;)

SithDroid
02-20-2002, 10:02 PM
Plo-Koon, especially if he gets some lines.

Count Dooku also.

And of course seeing Yoda in action.

JEDIpartner
02-21-2002, 09:57 AM
The look of Barris Ofee and Luminara Unduli really intrigues me. I am hoping to see a bit of these two in the film, however I am not holding my breath. It seems like the most "interesting looking" characters are relegated to the scenery. Still... these two look interesting. I am getting ready to read "Approching Storm" and I know their presence is pretty extensive in the book. Maybe that's all I'll get. :(

mabudonicus
02-21-2002, 01:12 PM
Dooku for sure. Every time a LOTR commercial airs on TV, I can't stop thinking about how great Lee is going to be as Tyrannus. I imagine he'll be the most "evil" of SW characters EVER, so classy!!
I loved The Binks in TPM (now now, I hated him at the same time, so it's alright), so of course he'll be great.
Yoda- Just wait for the part when yoda says some classic line like "so,then, finally has come the time to fight", and his hair all starts standing up, and stuff starts swirling around, and the air crackles, and then you know- this is it!!! MAN am I amped!!
Aside from the characters, the thing I'm really looking forward to (I've seen reference to it in a few places) is seeing groups of Jedi synchronizing thier various powers with devastating effects. The thought of ultra Jedi combo attacks (think colossus and wolvie times about a million) makes it hard to sleep at night anymore.
I really hope that this facet is used to the max, as it looks like AOTC will be the first and last chance we'll ever get to see anything like it. Wooooooooo!!!!

PloKoon2385
02-21-2002, 01:35 PM
I am curious about:

All the new and old Jedi. We should get to see more of them and get to know more about them. Yay!

Anakin. Nice to learn about Luke's father.....oh wait, we don't know that yet.....oops...

Count Dooku. Interesting Sith. Old, but pensive. Hmm......

Palpatine. How will he do it exactly?

Jango Fett, Boba Fett, Zam Wessel. Bounty hunters ,interesting as always.

Oh Heck, I am interested in everything and everybody......except maybe Watto and Jar Jar......

dr_evazan22
02-21-2002, 02:13 PM
The character that I'm most interested in is Anakin(surprise!)because we've seen his redemption, and now I want to see his descent.

After that, Dooku/Tyrannus, pretty much for the same reason.
Besides that, I love seeing palpy manipulate everyone!

Darth Evil
02-21-2002, 02:38 PM
Of course, I should've mentioned Palpatine, he rules! I'm interested in how he'll manage to play for both sides convincingly, on one side, he'll be the concerned Supreme Chancellor, on the other, a dark robed, hateful figure. He was excellent in TPM, it'll be even more interesting this time.

Wolfwood319
02-21-2002, 03:47 PM
I'm looking forward to see Mace's role in AOTC the most. I'm huge Sam Jackson fan.

Close runner-up is Dooku, Christopher Lee is an incredible actor, and his role is really cool. Cool lightsaber too. I'm interested in seeing the relationship between Dooku/Anakin and Dooku/Palpatine.

jedibear
02-24-2002, 03:07 AM
....just from the glimpses in the trailers, it looks like McGregor is managing to incorporate a little of Guinness's performance into his own. He looks great, and I'm looking forward to seeing his own journey to where he ends up in ANH. I think it's interesting (from the story spoilers we've been getting) that he spends most of AOTC AWAY from his padawan...could this be one of the triggers for Anakin? We'll see...

I also am looking forward to Dooku...for many of the reasons that have been mentioned (being brought to life by such a class act like Lee for one) and hearing how/why he left the order. I'm hoping he's not just a stock villian but instead ends up being quite complicated in his intentions and motivations...

And wince if you want, but I'mm actually looking forward to seeing Jar Jar (albiet in a LIMITED capacity)...

But as much as any character, I'm looking forward to seeing the visual links between the prequels & the classics...the designs, the locations...

Jedi in battle, bounty hunters on the prowl, the first sightings of the clones, R2 & Threepio, what's not to look foward to?!?