PDA

View Full Version : January Hauls!

Ji'dai
01-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Yesterday I bought four 65-quart clear plastic totes to store all the great stuff I'm going to buy this year!

LTBasker
01-03-2009, 09:11 PM
Finally some Mattel luck...

DCUC Wonder Woman x2
DCUC Artemis x1
DCUC Harley Quinn x1
DCUC Black Manta x1
Hot Wheels Monster Jam 1:24 Superman truck x1

El Chuxter
01-03-2009, 11:52 PM
I got six Speed Racer cars today at the 99c Only store that I didn't even know existed until yesterday (when I was investigating the unnamed red car that was in a Target set I got on clearance): Delila, Desert Mach 5, Wrecked Mach 5, Wrecked Mach 6, "Boom Boom" Renaldi, and "Gearbox" Kalkinkov. (I also got an extra "Gearbox" and a Taejo for my daughter, as she thinks they're "cute." And there are the three Target exclusive sets I knew about for a while but waited to get a couple of days ago on clearance, as they all include exclusive cars and repeats. Well, sorta. Until I discovered Waves 2-3 existed, I assumed Taejo was an exclusive.)

Only Thor-Axine to go, and I've got all the unique cars. (I only got the wrecked and desert variants of the Machs because the paint weathering was nice on the stark white. I was going to pass until I saw 'em in person and figured they were impressive enough for a dollar.)

The store also had a nice 2009 Transformers calendar (using Dreamwave artwork) and Volume 1 of Static Shock for a buck each. I might actually have to look around there more often. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
01-04-2009, 10:01 AM
I picked up the last GH Stocking stuffers sets I needed on Target Clearance for 2.50 each. Not bad for next year.

figrin bran
01-04-2009, 10:34 PM
KOTCS Russian Soldier for $3.80 from Target
Transformers Animated Blurr, Swindle
Transformers Universe Tread Bolt

Ji'dai
01-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Received three Allsop 64-disc storage albums (http://www.allsop.com/classic-storage/-faux-leather-cd-album-64-brown-/) in the mail today.

I've been putting all of my DVDs in them. These albums take up less space and look better than all those ugly DVD clamshells on the shelf. Plus it's a lot easier to access the TV shows I have on DVD when I can put several seasons in one album.

Beast
01-06-2009, 01:17 AM
The Original Faces of Death: 30th Anniversary Edition Blu-Ray
The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor Blu-Ray

Classic Marvel Figurine Collection #80: Mr. Sinister
Classic Marvel Figurine Collection #81: Mole Man
Classic Marvel Figurine Collection Special: Abomination
Classic Marvel Figurine Collection Mega-Special: Sentinel

Ji'dai
01-07-2009, 05:47 PM
Got a package in the mail today containing the following original soundtrack albums:

Death Proof
Kill Bill Vol. 1
Kill Bill Vol. 2

Ando
01-07-2009, 06:32 PM
My wife gave me a new Hasbro Signature Series Luke Skywalker Force FX lightsaber she bought online last month as an early birthday gift.

Unfortunately it had a dead spot in the LEDs, so we're sending it back for a replacement.

I bought the same/similar saber last year (it was a MR) and it had a lot of dead spots in the middle of the blade. These are the only sabers that I have ever had trouble with. Has anyone else encountered this with the blue Luke/Anakin Skywalker Force FX saber (Hasbro OR MR)?

bobafrett
01-08-2009, 09:48 AM
:upset:Got my Power Steering hose replaced, and an oil change, plus towing, oh and the power steering fluid drained and refilled for $180.00. :upset:

UKWildcat
01-08-2009, 08:47 PM
I picked up some Hallmark Ornaments, 75% off, the other day. Got The Emperor, Batman Dark Knight, Spiderman, Johnny Quest, Bart and Lisa Simpson and a couple others. They are pretty cool, and you can't beat the prices.

I also received Band of Brothers [Blu-ray] and Entourage season 4 from Amazon.

:thumbsup:

Ji'dai
01-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Futurama Beast with a Billion Backs DVD - saw it today at WM for $13 so I got it. Futurama collection is now complete until the next release. I just could never pull the trigger on WM's old $25 sticker price.

35-gallon tote for clothes. I need to make some room in my closet but don't want to toss anything.

JediTricks
01-09-2009, 07:11 PM
That's why I buy the Futurama movies as soon as they come out, they're on sale.

TLC Commander Faie - nice new clone figure. Helmet looks good and is removable, new body parts look decent. Cloth cloak is on inside-out, belt is not removable so it takes a lot of work to get it put on right, but worth it, the cloak looks good with the plastic head covering. Feet aren't cambered though, which is kinda odd.

Metallica: Death Magnetic mp3 download - Amazon gave me a $5 free MP3 credit, so I bought this album for that price via mp3 download. Downloader is decent, not too shabby. Album is ok, enjoyable at times but Hetfield's singing is too thin, he doesn't bring classic Metallica and the writing isn't Black album quality if they wanted to go that way. A reminder of better days that's a little light.

New ball joints for the Mazda - 100k miles, they were the cause of the mysterious "clunk" sound, dangerous. $510, but now the steering is noticeably tighter, back to performance specs.

Oh, and I finally got the new PC running, I named it "Dr. Satan", not because of Rob Zombie tho'.

Ji'dai
01-09-2009, 07:21 PM
That's why I buy the Futurama movies as soon as they come out, they're on sale. That's the problem, it's been that price at WM since it was first released. No other local stores carry the Futurama movies. I paid $25 for Bender's Big Score the first week at WM, but fortunately got Bender's Game out of town at Best Buy.

El Chuxter
01-10-2009, 01:32 AM
Amazon.com. Amazon.com. Not only are they cheaper, but if you toss something else in the order to hit the $25 mark, you get free shipping.

JediTricks
01-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Amazon.com. Amazon.com. Not only are they cheaper, but if you toss something else in the order to hit the $25 mark, you get free shipping.
That's how the proverbially get ya.

Hit up the Fry's electronics for some little heres and theres...

USB to Serial (DB9) cable - I needed this to connect my old PDA to the new computer. $20, what the fudge?!? That was the cheapest I could find at the store, online I could save a few bucks but wait AND spend shipping. Needed me to install a driver and then reboot, but worked fine once that was all done.

Astronaut Ice Cream - $2, a steal. I'm taking it to my sister's place tonight to share.

Kingston 2gb DDR2 laptop RAM - my laptop had just 1gb of ram running Vista, it was always pegged no lower than 50% and struggled far too often, so since it has an access panel on the bottom for that right next to the panel for the hard drive, I figured I'd drop $30 and max out the ram. Getting the old ram out (both slots were taken up by half-gig sticks, and it maxes at 2gb) was REALLY easy, getting the new ram in was almost as easy, and it works great. The old ram was 533mhz and that's all sold out, so I bought the 667mhz version (backwards compatible).

And I am pretty sure the HP recovery discs I ordered arrived a few days early, so on Monday I can pick that up and install my 320gb hard drive into the laptop, and use its 80gb drive for the PS3 (it's a 40gb). I love user-serviceable parts!

Ji'dai
01-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Received another Indy Crystal Skeleton with Throne from Hasbro in the mail today. Post office mangled the box but no harm done. This makes 9.

Also picked up two more 35 gallon totes for the closet reorganization, which I completed today. Now I just need to reorganize the garage and find a place to store the totes :crazed:

figrin bran
01-10-2009, 11:25 PM
Resolute Duke
Season 2 dvd of Transformers Animated

TeeEye7
01-11-2009, 12:39 AM
From Target: 7 lb. box of Milk Bones (on sale) for my three wieners.

El Chuxter
01-11-2009, 03:00 AM
That's how the proverbially get ya.

True, but I keep a list of stuff I want to get anyway to add on for free shipping, and I can combine pre-orders and wait for 'em. :)

bobafrett
01-11-2009, 06:27 AM
From Target: 7 lb. box of Milk Bones (on sale) for my three wieners.

Sounds dirty but it isn't.

TeeEye7
01-11-2009, 02:21 PM
Sounds dirty but it isn't.

They do need a bath.

JediTricks
01-11-2009, 11:44 PM
True, but I keep a list of stuff I want to get anyway to add on for free shipping, and I can combine pre-orders and wait for 'em. :)Yes, you sure fooled them by... buying... more... things.

El Chuxter
01-12-2009, 01:36 AM
I'm not saying I fooled them, but if there's something I want that came out a week ago, an older book I've always wanted, and something coming out in a month, it makes sense to combine them into one order and get the free shipping. :)

DarkArtist
01-12-2009, 02:44 PM
let's see So far:

GI JOE : Crimsion Guard Battlepack
GI JOE : Sea Command - 3 pack
GI JOE : Air Command - 3 pack
GI JOE: Hiss Driver x2
GI JOE: Python Patrol Cobra Solider x2
GI JOE : Wave 12 - Python Crimsion Guard, Tripwire, Cobra Diver, Ninja Viper, Red masked Cobra Solider
Cars: Storytellers 3 pack - Smells Swell McQueen , Doc Hudson, Fred
Cars : Marco Fighter Jet
Star Wars Unleashed : Arc Troopers

pbarnard
01-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Jan 1: Mickey Mouse Sorcerer's Aprentice hat
Jan 3: 3 NASA shirts
Jan 5: Sea World (unplanned on our trip)
Jan 6: "Cup Cake" and Dance with Mickey and Minnie Mouse for upcoming Aniversary at Chef Mickey's Character Dining at Disney's Modern Resort
Jan 7: 25.5 hours worth of delays ended
Jan 8: Amoxacillin and Meth for the disease, GI Joe DVD Pack #5, Sky Hawk.

Ji'dai
01-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Finally got my LEGO Elephant Caravan set I bought off Bricklink before christmas in the mail today.

JediTricks
01-12-2009, 05:26 PM
I'm not saying I fooled them, but if there's something I want that came out a week ago, an older book I've always wanted, and something coming out in a month, it makes sense to combine them into one order and get the free shipping. :)
Yeah, I know. But the reality is that they've convinced you to buy something you might not have bought right away in order to get free shipping. It's like the candy and gum on the checkstand at the store, impulse buys. We did a LOT of this for xmas this year. :p

pbarnard
01-16-2009, 06:37 PM
Picked up the GI Joe Ultimate Battle Pack for $35. Also carded Tripwire and Cobra Diver (completed my MASS Device).

Ando
01-16-2009, 07:12 PM
I picked up the following LEGO sets last night:

- Republic Attack Shuttle

- Republic Gunship

- Twilight

Finished the Attack Shuttle last night and I'll start on the Gunship and Twilight tonight/this weekend.

DarthQuack
01-17-2009, 01:00 PM
Summerslam Box Set
Starrcade 3 disc Set

Kidhuman
01-17-2009, 01:54 PM
Havent bought anything new in awhile

Ando
01-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Bought the LEGO Ahsoka's Jedistarfighter set for the wife.

JediTricks
01-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Clone Wars Asajj Ventress - decent, not mindblowing.

Transformers Universe Dinobot - meh, ok to look at, not fun to play with or pose.

TF:U Cyclonus - very cool bot, vehicle is only ok.

TF: Animated Swindle - ugly head, facade looks, interesting transformation, but plagued by quality control issues.

TF:A Blurr - super awesome alt mode, complicated transformation but interesting, bot mode is lithe and cool.

Hellboy 2 3.75" Liz Sherman - likeness isn't that accurate, but it's not ugly, just not Selma Blair. Figure is very good overall, articulation, sculpting, deco.

HB2 3.75" Wink - very nifty indeed! Would fit with SW pretty well too, except better sculpting and articulation and paint. ;)

HB2 3.75" Johann Krauss - also quite nifty, and might fit with Wat Tambor.

Star Trek TOS Spock - TRU has these now. Figure has good sculpting, paint is a bit messy but ok. However, mine is defective, fused left elbow.

LTBasker
01-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Star Wars Titanium V-19 x2
Star Wars Titanium Republic Tank x2
Star Wars Titanium Emperor's Hand shuttle x2
Star Wars Titanium Sandspeeder x1
Star Wars Titanium Green Landspeeder x1
Star Wars Titanium Shadow Speederbike x1

Opened the Republic Tank and it's a nice little piece. It's obviously got very few features but the top cannon rotates 360 degrees, and the side cannons pivot at least up to 90 degrees. Unfortunately, the sides don't pivot as they do in games for maneuvering. Also, it could have used a support rod on the land-base for a "hover" effect, but they didn't even give it a normal stand hole in case you wanted to put it on a flight stand. Oh well. The paint is quite decent, but the various weathering details tend to change from each one. It'd be quite difficult to find two that really match, I think. Difficult to tell what parts are metal, I know the upper shell is metal, but I can't tell if the cockpit housing is metal.

The land-base I'm quite certain has been used with many other Titaniums, such as the AT-TE. However, this fortunately has some grass added to it that makes it more attractive.

Ji'dai
01-22-2009, 06:13 PM
However, this fortunately has some grass added to it that makes it more attractive. A little grass makes a lot of things more attractive.

bobafrett
01-22-2009, 07:17 PM
Galactic Heroes: Slave Leia and bartoo-detoo.

Ji'dai
01-24-2009, 10:44 PM
LEGO Clone Wars AT-TE Walker

1,000-pc. Barack Obama commemorative puzzle

figrin bran
01-24-2009, 11:04 PM
Titanium V-19, Republic Tank
GI Joe Combat Heroes Scarlett/Destro, Storm Shadow/Barbecue (these things have head, waist and arm articulation! Why can't Galactic Heroes have the same???)
Clone Wars Padme, Goldie

UKWildcat
01-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Bioshock (PS3) - $19.99 @ Best Buy
Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3) - $26.49 @ Amazon

Kidhuman
01-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Rock Band SE(Full Set up) - 99 Dollars at Target
OT Lego Game - 19.99

Latest Titanium wave sans the Shadow Speeder Bike

DarkArtist
01-27-2009, 10:21 AM
picked up:

Lego Coast Guard 4 Wheeler with jet Ski
Lego Towns People
Lego Indiana Jones Akator Set
Lego Ashoka's Starfighter
Lego Anakin's Starfighter
Lego Pirates Loot Island
Lego Pirates Canon Battle
Lego Pirates Kraken Attack
Lego Mini Pirate Building Kit

DC universe 3.75

Batman
Superman
Joker
Spectre
Doctor Fate
Bizarro, Supergirl, Wonder Girl 3 pack
Black Canary, Green Latern, Green Arrow 3-pack

GI JOE Ultimate Battle Pack
2 Wave 12 Cobra Soliders

bobafrett
01-27-2009, 01:43 PM
picked up:

Lego Coast Guard 4 Wheeler with jet Ski
Lego Towns People
Lego Indiana Jones Akator Set
Lego Ashoka's Starfighter
Lego Anakin's Starfighter
Lego Pirates Loot Island
Lego Pirates Canon Battle
Lego Pirates Kraken Attack
Lego Mini Pirate Building Kit

DC universe 3.75

Batman
Superman
Joker
Spectre
Doctor Fate
Bizarro, Supergirl, Wonder Girl 3 pack
Black Canary, Green Latern, Green Arrow 3-pack

GI JOE Ultimate Battle Pack
2 Wave 12 Cobra Soliders

Doing your part to stimulate the economy I see!

Kidhuman
01-27-2009, 08:35 PM
BMF at WM for 60 bucks on clearance.

JediTricks
01-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Clone Wars Clone Trooper in Space Gear - I was not going to get this figure for sure, but when I saw it yesterday on the pegs, the only new figure, I studied it. The selling features for me were that the space vest was removable, leaving a regular clone underneath, and I only have the 1 so far; and the vest has a built-on holster for the smaller pistol, that really cemented my interest. Paint on the clone matches that from the episode they were pulled (that despite them not sporting this space gear), and ties into the Republic logos on Plo Koon's armor. They also tossed in the missile and missile-firing jetpack from CW Obi-Wan, plugging into a hole on the armor back, but they left the mold curved so it fits funny. Ok set, if you don't mind the deco it's the basic clone plus new accessories.

Marvel Transformers Captain America - cool up-armored humvee alt mode, looks real beefy. Transformation is a pain in the rump in a couple places, but otherwise ok. Sculpting is very detail-oriented, no more blank flat insides or backs. Bot mode is equally beefy, and they added a few nifty touches like interior designs on the elbows. Shoulder design is a let-down, it's odd to use and gets hung up on the fenders. All in all, a mixed bag but what works works pretty well.

4 Falken ZE-912 tires - my old set had a few little cracks, a plug from a screw, and were cheapos to begin with (although they were holding up great for cheapos). Then I ran over another screw after Culver City public works had everybody drive through a construction zone, and it was in the same tire as the last plug, so I just threw in the towel and got new ones. These are H-rated performance tires.

figrin bran
01-30-2009, 11:43 PM
TFU Smokescreen
GI Joe Scrap Iron/Wild Bill, Resolute Storm Shadow/Tunnel Rat

Ji'dai
01-31-2009, 03:43 AM
Clone Wars Animated Padme

Kidhuman
01-31-2009, 08:01 AM
Space Trooper and CW Padme

Blue2th
01-31-2009, 12:18 PM
Titaniums:

BSG Viper MKII
V-19 Torrent
Clone Tank

Clone Wars Animated:

Magna Guard
Space Trooper
Orange 242th Trooper
Padme
R3-S6 Goldie Droid

Forces of Valor:
1:32 Stryker Armored Personnel Carrier (Target Exc.)
1:32 Soldier sets Target blowout for $2 a piece.

21st Century Toys:
1:32- too many to list vehicles, Walmart's been blowing them out for $9 a piece, now $7 a piece.

Ji'dai
01-31-2009, 02:06 PM
Clone Wars Animated
Space Trooper x2
R3-S6 "Goldie"

Comic Pack
Talon Karrde & Grand Admiral Thrawn

Kidhuman
01-31-2009, 09:22 PM
CW:

212th clone
Goldie