PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Ultimate Galactic Hunt?

amrcanpoet
01-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Has anyone heard any rumors of a UGH for 2009? I was really disappointed in there not being one for last half of 2008 (not counting the First Day stickers).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-04-2009, 06:01 PM
I haven't heard anything. It kind of petered out and I hope they don't do anything like that this year. Er, I actually don't care since I just ignored the other ones.

bigbarada
01-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Yeah, let's hope it's permanently dead. The 2006 Lucas Trooper figure was alright, but I was never interested in him. For 2007, all we got was coins, and 2008 ended up as a fiasco with a mail-away figure that was actually released on shelves before the mail-away figure ever arrived (I know there were deco changes, but that's beside the point).

amrcanpoet
01-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Actually, I was hoping more for the actual UGH figures (ie, gold coin figures vs. silver coins; silver pewter pack-in holos vs. blue/red holos). Not necessarily the mail-in's.

Snowtrooper
01-04-2009, 09:55 PM
The only UGH I even remotely cared for was the gold coins. Even then, I made little to no attempt to find all of them. All the other UGHs pretty much sucked.

DarkArtist
01-04-2009, 10:01 PM
i think i only acted in the UGH with the Gold Coins and perhaps the mail-aways. would love another exclusive figure to act on but that's it

walnutstain
01-04-2009, 10:55 PM
As i have spent lots of time salivating through the Hasbro "Q&A" posts, Hasbro did indicate they were NOT planning any UGH figures or promos for 2009. Of course it is Hasbro and that can change at the drop of a hat. And i always liked the little "extras" that we could get with the UGH promo. I for one got all of my Clone Wars Capt Rex figs before the general release, but was disappointed as well that they were really just repaints. Maybe next hunt.....

Slicker
01-05-2009, 06:27 AM
What was the mail away figure for 2008? And what was the UGH change? A gold coin?

DarkJedi5
01-05-2009, 10:52 AM
The '08 mail away figure was a Clone Wars Captain Rex figure. It turned out he was just a repaint of the figure released later on. I don't remember which was which, but one was clean and the other was battle scuffed. And yeah, some figures were rereleased witha gold coin after their wave already came out. So if you had bought the figure already and didn't care, the UGH gold coins were an awful promotion.

Mirtez
01-05-2009, 02:16 PM
are they doing any more UGH or mail aways...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-05-2009, 03:35 PM
The '08 mail away figure was a Clone Wars Captain Rex figure. It turned out he was just a repaint of the figure released later on. I don't remember which was which, but one was clean and the other was battle scuffed. And yeah, some figures were rereleased witha gold coin after their wave already came out. So if you had bought the figure already and didn't care, the UGH gold coins were an awful promotion.
Getting into more specifics, the mail-away Rex was the clean variant. The one released in stores was dirty upon initial shipments but later changed to clean since apparently the battle damage was too expensive to keep up. However, there are still slight differences in paint, including how "clean" the lines of blue paint are. There are also apparently a few different slight changes in the hue of blue on the basic figure. Also, the mail-away figure included his helmet, small blaster, two pistols, and a 3-D display that opens out the back of his card (similar to the 1998 EU figures but a little more intense). The basic figure has the helmet, two pistols, rifle, rocket launcher with missile attached to it via a string, and an additional missile without the string.

The gold coins were in 2007 (the SW logo on those figures was also gold). The only similar thing in 2008 was the "First Day of Issue" stickers on several of the July 26 figures, though you could still find many of them much later (there may even still be a few First Day Yarnas out there). Nothing was different aside from the sticker on the bubble.

amrcanpoet
01-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Nothing was different aside from the sticker on the bubble.

And the blue foil title on the package.

TheDarthVader
01-06-2009, 11:27 AM
And the blue foil title on the package.

True, the title is more foily. Good observation.