PDA

View Full Version : New Contest!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

obi-dad
01-16-2009, 06:49 AM
see 'ya from work... and get someone in here before I go and win this thing.

obi-dad
01-16-2009, 07:07 AM
ok... posting from work.... everyone oversleep today?

obi-dad
01-16-2009, 07:14 AM
you guys have about 5 minutes... I'm going to run downstairs and make some Quaker instant oatmeal (maple & brown sugar) for breakfast. When I come back, I'm going to keep padding until I hit 800 posts.

DarkArtist
01-16-2009, 07:25 AM
breakfast sounds good. having a large chocolate milk (nesquik)

obi-dad
01-16-2009, 07:26 AM
Ok, I lied... the bacon downstairs looked so good, I had to get eggs & bacon for breakfast. I still have the oatmeal in my pocket for later.

Darth Jax
01-16-2009, 07:27 AM
It's 14 below zero here with a wind chill of -30. Brrrrrrr.

sounds like another day in paradise

obi-dad
01-16-2009, 07:33 AM
I was still hungry, so I bought a donut & coffee... well, I didn't buy the coffee, it as free, but I did buy the donut. I'm glad they aren't free. I'd pack on the pounds quickly if that were the case.

Oh, and I still have the oatmeal in my pocket

obi-dad
01-16-2009, 07:33 AM
sounds like another day in paradise

didn't phil sing that one?

Darth Jax
01-16-2009, 07:42 AM
indeed he did

obi-dad
01-16-2009, 07:44 AM
shoot, I forgot to check in and print my boarding pass yesterday... now I'm in group B.

obi-dad
01-16-2009, 07:45 AM
Fly me to the moon
Let me sing among those stars
Let me see what spring is like
On jupiter and mars

obi-dad
01-16-2009, 07:50 AM
btw... just how close does the moon pass by Jupiter & Mars. Would you be able to tell what spring was like any better than from Earth? I mean, I guess there's no atmosphere to have to see through, but if your purpose was to see what spring was like on Jupiter and Mars, then why not asked to be flown to Jupiter & Mars instead of to the moon?

obi-dad
01-16-2009, 07:51 AM
Alice came close to going to the moon... well, I guess it was more just a common baseless threat...

obi-dad
01-16-2009, 07:54 AM
A completely different Alice fell down into a rabbit hole... she was tripping or maybe she was pushed. I've never been in a rabbit hole. I just ate a donut, but didn't eat the hole. I can't find it now. I ate the last bite of donut and the hole disappeared.

Sorry... left over symptoms from LM last night. The doctor assures me I'm getting better. (getting better all the time)

mtriv73
01-16-2009, 07:58 AM
Did I miss anything important in the last 5 pages or can I just skip them?

obi-dad
01-16-2009, 08:04 AM
Highlights of the last 5 pages...

JetsAndHeels wasn't overly impressed with SuperNatural last night

I didn't think it was the best episode, honestly. Not terrible, but not great.
2nd Annual SSG Academy Awards Movie Challenge starts in a week

Speaking of contests, The 2nd Annual SSG Academy Awards Movie Challenge (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=39726) starts up soon! Get your popcorn ready! :D
Lord Malakite accidetnly locked this thread last night

Sorry about that, it was my doing (not on purpose though). I just (by accident) discovered a new way to lock a thread that I didn't know I had. Apparently on the main "thread selection" screen of the forums I moderate if I double click on the envelope icon next to a thread I can open/close that thread instantly. I was talking to one of my brothers (not JBF) while trying to go into a thread and got distracted as to where I was clicking on the screen. Once I realized what had happened I quickly re-opened it.

Important info from Slicker:

George Bush hates black people.
bobafrett had oatmeal squares for breakfast

Good Morning everyone! I'm eating a bowl of oatmeal squares cereal.
I forgot to check in on-line last night and now I'm sitting in the back of the plane.

shoot, I forgot to check in and print my boarding pass yesterday... now I'm in group B.
All up to date. Hopefully my plane won't end up in the Mississippi river.

obi-dad
01-16-2009, 08:06 AM
oh... and not posted yet, but I just broke 800 posts.

I know... pretty sad... 0.32 posts per day. No visitor messages and no friends. That's it... I quit!

mtriv73
01-16-2009, 08:09 AM
oh... and not posted yet, but I just broke 800 posts.

You were in the 600's 2 days ago. I think you get the KH (memorial) award for post padding excellence.

obi-dad
01-16-2009, 08:32 AM
Yeah... up until this thread, I kept mainly to the current Hasbro collection sections under Toys/Collectibles and didn't post that much at that. even with the 200+ posts I have in this thread, that puts me at 800+ posts in just under 7 years... so I have a lot of padding to do to catch up. Luckily for everyone here, so far I've been able to control myself and kept my diarhea of the fingers to this thread.

mtriv73
01-16-2009, 09:23 AM
My brother was flying home from LaGuardia to Charlotte, NC yesterday. When I heard the news about the crash my heart just about stopped. Luckily 1. no one was seriously injured 2. He was on a later flight anyway. I don't think I've ever been so relieved as when I got up with him on his cell phone.

TeeEye7
01-16-2009, 10:19 AM
I've seen the trophy that will be given to the winner of this thread.

It's a mini statue with the likeness of GNT.

mtriv73
01-16-2009, 10:53 AM
That'll look nice on my mantle

Ji'dai
01-16-2009, 11:06 AM
Dang it's cold today. I wish those Canadians would keep their cold weather to themselves.

Canada = America's Burden

mtriv73
01-16-2009, 11:17 AM
We should build a really tall fence to keep their air out.

pbarnard
01-16-2009, 12:02 PM
I wonder who jump starts the tow trucks that come to jump us when it is this cold out.

jamesbondo07
01-16-2009, 12:04 PM
We should build a really tall fence to keep their air out.

I would like to see a little global warming right about now.

mtriv73
01-16-2009, 12:15 PM
What was that movie about global warming actually causing glaciers to form overnight in most of North America?

Jedi_Kal-El
01-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Dang it's cold today. I wish those Canadians would keep their cold weather to themselves.

Canada = America's Burden

I was thinking the same thing.

Jargo
01-16-2009, 12:51 PM
What was that movie about global warming actually causing glaciers to form overnight in most of North America?

can't remember but it starred dennis quaid and jake gyllenhall and it was really really dumb.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-16-2009, 12:53 PM
can't remember but it starred dennis quaid and jake gyllenhall and it was really really dumb.

The Day After Tomorrow, and yeah, it was pretty dumb.

Jargo
01-16-2009, 12:59 PM
the cgi wolves made me giggle lots.

i was driving home last night after a trip to ikea and got to wondering what would happen if a huge asteroid hit the earth and sent us spinning in the opposite direction. or knocked us off axis 90 degrees so the equator ended up where the arctic poles are. has anyone done computer models of that? i'd love to see it. not happen for real but a representation of it in 3d animation.

Lord Malakite
01-16-2009, 01:39 PM
You know what sucks, waiting around for the Fedex guy to show up with a package that should be, according to their estimate, delivered today. :p

DarkArtist
01-16-2009, 02:04 PM
You know what sucks, waiting around for the Fedex guy to show up with a package that should be, according to their estimate, delivered today. :p

I hear ya. or expecting a package from UPS and coming home to find that sticker on your door saying "Oh sorry now you have to come to us"

obi-dad
01-16-2009, 02:06 PM
or, when you have an appointment for a utility co./cable/satelite to come to your place and they say they'll be there sometime between 9am and 6pm.

DarkArtist
01-16-2009, 02:52 PM
or, when you have an appointment for a utility co./cable/satelite to come to your place and they say they'll be there sometime between 9am and 6pm.

oh i hate that. it drives me nuts. now you have to wait around the house all day for them.

i can remember once waiting for the cable company to hook up my apartment. they gave me the anywhere between 9 am and 12 pm routine. well 12 comes and goes and to make a long story short they finally show up around 6 when i'm sitting down for dinner with my wife. (after i called 15 times asking where the guy was and screaming at the supervisor)

anyways he comes to the door starts the hook-up and then says ****, looks at me and states he forgot to bring the required equiptment to my apartment and needs to come back on another date. i call the supervisor and complain and state that i want someone else here tonight with all the necessary equiptment etc and turn around to see the guy trying to snag some of the food off our table.

needless to say i got cable for free for a year and later cancelled the plan and got satelite.

bobafrett
01-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Just checking in now, between jobs, time to go work 7 hours at job #2, what fun, a whole day spent working, from 7 a.m. until 11 p.m., now that's a life!

sith_killer_99
01-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Have I won yet?

mtriv73
01-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Have I won yet?

Yes, you did. Your prize is in an e-mail and should be arriving in 4-6 weeks.

pbarnard
01-16-2009, 04:31 PM
If this is some youth soccer, we're all winners prize, my lack of faith will be disturbing.

mtriv73
01-16-2009, 04:38 PM
The only thing worse than soccer is youth soccer.

Lord Malakite
01-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Still no sign of my package. According to the tracking info it just arrived in "Independence, KY" at 4:31 PM and now the estimated delivery date is the 17th.

Jargo
01-16-2009, 05:38 PM
all that glisters is not gold.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-16-2009, 06:17 PM
Now I win again.

TeeEye7
01-16-2009, 07:18 PM
You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd. :bandit:

Darth Jax
01-16-2009, 07:38 PM
You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd. :bandit:

why the heck (to get 10 characters) not?

Jargo
01-16-2009, 07:54 PM
The winner takes it all, the loser standing small.

Exhaust Port
01-16-2009, 08:06 PM
Blah blah blah blah?

Blah ba blah blah!

UKWildcat
01-16-2009, 08:41 PM
Speaking of contests, The 2nd Annual SSG Academy Awards Movie Challenge (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=39726) starts up soon! Get your popcorn ready! :D :D

Jargo
01-16-2009, 09:00 PM
reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply reply

Lord Malakite
01-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Give me the winning Power Ball numbers and I might let one of you guys win. ;)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-16-2009, 11:20 PM
Give me the winning Power Ball numbers and I might let one of you guys win. ;)

4 8 15 16 23 42.

There; I win now!

Lord Malakite
01-16-2009, 11:42 PM
You know what would be funny JMG, if I took your/LOST's numbers and really did win the $165 million jackpot by playing them. You'd certainly have egg on your face. :p

bobafrett
01-16-2009, 11:59 PM
Just getting in after a long day at work. My feet hurt, my head aches, and I'm bundled in layers because we have -2 degrees outside. Bah hum winner!

Slicker
01-17-2009, 12:08 AM
bloop bloop

bigbarada
01-17-2009, 12:35 AM
This is my winning reply.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-17-2009, 12:49 AM
I am Bane Malar, Sergeant Doallyn, the guy who wears bits of both their armor, Commtech Leia, VOTC Leia, and the TSC Leia. I win.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-17-2009, 01:10 AM
Everyone wins here.

Lord Malakite
01-17-2009, 01:17 AM
Only a few hours to go before I see the Power Rangers Jungle Fury finale. The Dai Shi's reign of terror is at an end.

bigbarada
01-17-2009, 03:30 AM
Well if Steve closes this thread first thing in the morning, then I've got this one in the bag.:yes:

Lord Malakite
01-17-2009, 03:42 AM
I doubt that. :p There always seems to be someone there ready to snatch victory from our grasps.

bigbarada
01-17-2009, 03:44 AM
Hey, it's 3:42 AM. I've been working late transferring our websites to a new server, what's your excuse?

Lord Malakite
01-17-2009, 03:51 AM
Hey, it's 3:42 AM. I've been working late transferring our websites to a new server, what's your excuse?
Its 4:49 AM where I'm at. My excuse is that I don't have an alarm clock to wake myself up and I don't trust auto-timers for recording things, so the only way I can insure I won't miss watching/taping my show is to stay up until it comes on (at 6:00 AM and 6:30 AM). Then of course I watch some other things on Saturdays (spectacular Spider-Man, TMNT: Back to the Sewers, Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight, etc.) so I end up staying up past noon. By then I'm pretty zoned out. :D

Lord Malakite
01-17-2009, 04:27 AM
Its been a while since I did a "Power Ranger" fact, so I think I'll give you guys a biggie today. This one deals with Stan Lee (of Marvel Comics Spider-Man, Hulk, etc. fame) and it comes from an interview that was conducted in 2007 with Margaret Loesch (President of Fox Kids from 1990-1997).

Interestingly enough, I know that this is about Marvel and the X-Men cartoon, but I had a similar experience with Power Rangers. Stan and I had the rights to Power Rangers to try and sell it. I’ve told this many times, but it never gets picked up. Back in the mid to late 1980’s, Stan came to my office one day at Marvel with a ¾ ‘’ video cassette and he told me I had to take a look at this since he thought I’d like it. So he left me with this cassette and I put it on and watched it. Afterwards, I walked down to his office and said: “Stan, what’s up with this? It’s all in Japanese!” He told me: “Yeah I know, but what do you think?” And I told him that I thought it was fantastic. What had happened was that because the live-action Spider-Man that had been made years before became a big hit in Japan, Stan had become a big celebrity. This was not just because of the comics, but also because the show had worked so well in Japan. So Stan became friends with a Mr. Wantanabe at the studio where other live action shows were being done. He had the rights to the Japanese version of Power Rangers, which had been on the air for many years, and he told Stan to take a look at it. If he liked it, he could have a free ride by taking it and trying to sell it. So that’s when Stan came to me and I got very excited. Then Stan and I put together $25,000 and put together a little pilot by plugging in American voices and cutting together really funny, action takes. But when I went around pitching it to all the networks, none of them would buy it. I was literally thrown out of the room at NBC since we had gotten kudos from doing things like Muppet Babies and now they saw this and thought it was horrible. So we pitched it to all of the networks and nobody would buy it. Then we went back to Mr. Watanabe, told him we tried to sell it but couldn’t, and relinquished the rights to the show.

Years later in about 1992, I was meeting with Haim Saban and he was pitching me a bunch of cartoons from Europe. He had about 12 cartoons lined up in a stack of cassettes for me to look at. I got about ¾ of the way through and he came into the conference room to see how I was doing. I said: “Haim, these are all fine, but I’m looking for something really offbeat, zany, fun and exciting…I want a counter program for my morning lineup Monday through Friday. I don’t want to do light, fluffy stuff…I want to come in with something different.” And he says: “Hold it right there!” And he left the room and came back literally running down the hall with this cassette. He told me not to get mad at him and I asked him why I’d get mad at him. His response was: “Oh, a lot of people hate this. Let me show you this, take a look, and let me know what you think.” He put the cassette on and it was the same show, the same videotape that Stan and I had that had been shown to us by Mr. Watanabe years before. I watched two minutes of it and I went next door to Haim’s office and said: “I love it…this is it. There’s changes that I want to make, there’s development I want to do, but this is the show…I’ll buy it and I’ll commit to it today.” And that’s the story, but it all started with Stan.

bobafrett
01-17-2009, 06:03 AM
You mean I woke up after less than 6 hours of sleep, on a day that I have off, to read some squabish about power rangers?

Power Ranger squabish, does not a winning post make.

Exhaust Port
01-17-2009, 08:42 AM
Game is over in 445 posts!!

Darth Jax
01-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Happy Saturday morning everyone and everything

bobafrett
01-17-2009, 09:38 AM
A happy Saturday morning with not a post yet from Obi-Dad!

Bel-Cam Jos
01-17-2009, 09:48 AM
Quiet, ya numbskulls, I'm [postin']. :nyuknyuknyuk:

And I await the time when SS will tell me, like the pinball game in the Simpsons episode where "Santos L. Halper" gets a credit card, "You a winner. Haha! You a winner. Haha!" :D

Jedi_Kal-El
01-17-2009, 10:20 AM
You mean I woke up after less than 6 hours of sleep, on a day that I have off, to read some squabish about power rangers?

Power Ranger squabish, does not a winning post make.

I was wondering the same thing. When did this become the Power Ranger thread?

TeeEye7
01-17-2009, 10:25 AM
Happy Saturday morning everyone and everything

Thanks!

It's a new day! Time for everyone to power up their crystals! :whip:

Bel-Cam Jos
01-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Thanks!

It's a new day! Time for everyone to power up their crystals! :whip:Is that lead, Billy, di-lithium, or Kaiburr [sp?]? :pleased:

Kidhuman
01-17-2009, 10:50 AM
Finally getting warmer. We have double digits now.

TeeEye7
01-17-2009, 10:54 AM
Finally getting warmer. We have double digits now.

That's because KH powered up his crystal! :yes:

DarkArtist
01-17-2009, 11:11 AM
suffering from the worlds worst hangover. screaming headache for over 4 hours now.

Jargo
01-17-2009, 11:58 AM
A marvellous bird is the elephant
it flits from bough to bough
it makes its nest in rhubarb trees
and whistles like a cow.

I sent a letter to Aunt maud
who was on a trip abroad
then i heard she'd died from cramp
just too late to save the stamp.

Old mother hubbard went to the cupboard
to fetch her poor dog a bone
being poor sighted the room badly lighted
she fed little rover the phone

Ithankyou

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-17-2009, 12:01 PM
I need to do some ADR today or soon.

DarthQuack
01-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Am I here in time?

Beast
01-17-2009, 12:17 PM
Did anyone win yet? Zzzzz....

2-1B
01-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Haven't they fabricated enough hits to the site for advertising purposes yet to close this out???

bobafrett
01-17-2009, 01:25 PM
I just ate at IHOP or the International House of Pancakes. I ate Pancakes. They were yummy.

Darth Jax
01-17-2009, 01:27 PM
I just ate at IHOP or the International House of Pancakes. I ate Pancakes. They were yummy.

i was at the original house of pancakes

but i had waffles

bobafrett
01-17-2009, 01:29 PM
I haven't eaten waffles in awhile. I usually prefer eggs benedict, but they don't serve those there.

Lord Malakite
01-17-2009, 01:45 PM
I was wondering the same thing. When did this become the Power Ranger thread?
About the same time that I decided Power Rangers would probably scare people away from this thread and give me a better chance of winning. You can't say its all been bad though. You now know an interesting tidbit about Stan Lee that most other people don't which you can share with Marvel, Spidey, etc. fans. :p

Speaking of Power Rangers (and I'm certain this will make some of you happy to laugh at my misery given how much I've been driving you crazy with PR stuff), ABC screwed me over not once, but twice today and I'm a bit PO'ed at that. First my local Cincinnati affiliate decided to screw around this morning skipping around showing random clips from the Jungle Fury finale episode intermixed with clips of Wife Swap. They eventually sorted it out and aired the episode, but by the time they did it was too late. The last 2 minutes of the episode was cut off because it ran past 7 AM (when Good Morning America starts). So that means I have to get up and re-tape it next week. But thats not all. I tried to catch the final episode again at 12:30 PM on the Dayton affiliate. The picture isn't good enough to tape (aka fuzzy) due to the fact that I can only pick up the analog signal, but I figured I could at least see the 2 minutes I missed earlier and get closure on the final episode. Nope, no such luck. With about 2 minutes of show left they interrupted the show with an "ABC Special Report" so that we could listen to Obama speak on a train. Now I like Obama, but that doesn't make it right to ruin my show to hear him speak.

Like I said, you guys may find it funny, but it completely blows, especially when you go out of your way to watch/tape said show. If this was LOST that this happened to there would be all kinds of hell going on right now.

bigbarada
01-17-2009, 02:12 PM
I'm cooking a frozen pizza right now.

Darth Jax
01-17-2009, 03:00 PM
i just got up from a nap

Lord Malakite
01-17-2009, 03:07 PM
My package came.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-17-2009, 03:49 PM
My package came.
Disgusting.

Lord Malakite
01-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Disgusting.
I see what you did there.

morpheus282
01-17-2009, 04:11 PM
I haven't eaten waffles in awhile. I usually prefer eggs benedict, but they don't serve those there.

A guy walks into a diner and orders eggs benedict on a hubcap. The waitress looks at him with a rather perplexed expression and asks "why would you want eggs benedict on a hubcap?" The patron responds "because there's no plate like chrome for the hollandaise."

Lord Malakite
01-17-2009, 04:31 PM
A guy walks into a diner and orders eggs benedict on a hubcap. The waitress looks at him with a rather perplexed expression and asks "why would you want eggs benedict on a hubcap?" The patron responds "because there's no plate like chrome for the hollandaise."
I don't get it.

Darth Jax
01-17-2009, 04:31 PM
that belongs in the pun thread

Slicker
01-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Or it could go in the bad joke thread...

Ji'dai
01-17-2009, 05:38 PM
So...

Ellen DeGeneres after a long sweaty workout in the gym

or

...a freshly-showered Catherine Coulter?

TeeEye7
01-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Or it could go in the bad joke thread...

It's Slick of the Future!

When does the GW sail for St. Catharines?

bigbarada
01-17-2009, 05:41 PM
So...

Ellen DeGeneres after a long sweaty workout in the gym

or

...a freshly-showered Catherine Coulter?

Catherine Coulter, for sure, and she can be sweaty I don't mind.:love:

Ji'dai
01-17-2009, 05:45 PM
She didn't look too hot on the Today show last week.

bigbarada
01-17-2009, 05:47 PM
She didn't look too hot on the Today show last week.

I don't usually watch the Today Show, so I didn't see it. I can imagine that they wouldn't do her any favors, though, she's got to be public enemy #1 in the eyes of the mainstream media.

Ji'dai
01-17-2009, 06:02 PM
They had her on two days in row plugging her new book so maybe they were taking a break from their usual evil liberal agenda :razz:

I've got an HDTV now, which I've discovered makes just about everyone look either really, really, really young and hot or really, really, really old and decrepit :D

DarkArtist
01-17-2009, 06:21 PM
watching In the Line of Fire with Clint Eastwood. love this movie.

Jargo
01-17-2009, 07:28 PM
I'm watching hysterically bad fan made star trek episodes.

Kidhuman
01-17-2009, 07:37 PM
Only 2.5 hrs left of work. Long day today

TeeEye7
01-17-2009, 07:45 PM
How many eternal padawans from the Old Forums are still on the boards? :Ponder:

Well, there's me....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-17-2009, 07:50 PM
I was on the boards back in 1999.

bigbarada
01-17-2009, 07:53 PM
I joined back in early 2001, that's when I though the "Steve" in "SirSteve" was referring to Steve Sansweet.:o

Bel-Cam Jos
01-17-2009, 08:34 PM
Joined just before or around TPM's release in '99, so April or May. I think that's enough to award me the prize, SS!

bobafrett
01-17-2009, 08:51 PM
I just got home from work, 4 hours at the pizza ria. Good night, 7 deliveries.

Jargo
01-17-2009, 09:27 PM
I don't remember when I joined anymore.

Darth Jax
01-17-2009, 09:49 PM
i was a lurker before i joined. but i wasn't around for the old forums

bobafrett
01-17-2009, 10:11 PM
If this is the current direction of this thread, I also do not remember when I joined. It says 2002, but they did a reset something, something, technical jib jab, and what not. I think I joined in 1965, one day after I was born.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-17-2009, 10:18 PM
I don't remember when I joined anymore.

Yeah, me either. :thumbsup:

(Love the new 'tar Jargo.)

UKWildcat
01-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Speaking of contests, The 2nd Annual SSG Academy Awards Movie Challenge (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=39726) starts up soon! Get your popcorn ready! :D :D :D

Slicker
01-17-2009, 10:37 PM
BOOOO!!! Don't post there! He doesn't even have a prize!

bobafrett
01-17-2009, 10:45 PM

And he charges $10 for a bucket of popcorn, and insists on keeping it on his lap until you get to the bottom. Last time I only found a few kernals.

Jargo
01-17-2009, 11:11 PM
Yeah, me either. :thumbsup:

(Love the new 'tar Jargo.)

Why thank you. I've used it before or one very similar, but not for long. I found this one lurking in my picture library while looking for something amusing. i didn't find what I was looking for but Mutley always makes me smile.
:yes:

Aardvaark.

Oh and I can remember the icon wars so that means I was a member here before the move to fancy schmancy vbulletin forums. when the forums were black background and avatars were tiny. when some guy called Anthony Schneider was lurking around and Deckard was king of the forums and the eternal padawans held sway.:bandit:

TeeEye7
01-17-2009, 11:17 PM
Oh and I can remember the icon wars so that means I was a member here before the move to fancy schmancy vbulletin forums. when the forums were black background and avatars were tiny. when some guy called Anthony Schneider was lurking around and Deckard was king of the forums and the eternal padawans held sway.:bandit:

Those are what I refer to as the "purple and black days" when SirSteve's banner displayed those colors; and the name "Kenner". :eek:

Jargo
01-17-2009, 11:25 PM
whatever happened to notafinga?

Snowtrooper
01-17-2009, 11:35 PM
Just got done watching season 4 of Viva La Bam

Snowtrooper
01-17-2009, 11:36 PM
There...............now I have 400 posts.

Slicker
01-18-2009, 03:06 AM
Last time I only found a few kernals.You sure you only got a handful of kernels?

TeeEye7
01-18-2009, 04:09 AM
Can you hear me now?

It's very late at night but about midday for night creatures like me. While most of you are :zzz: it's about noon for me on my regular schedule working the graveyard shift. Only thing is I'm on my days off. Can's sleep tonight for some reason. Maybe another MGD will help....can't hurt! :laugh:

P.S. I'M WINNING!!!

bobafrett
01-18-2009, 05:13 AM
now I'm winning!

I should go shower, but I'm too busy trying to win!

Slicker
01-18-2009, 05:30 AM
I should shower too but I'm just lazy...but I do really stink...

Exhaust Port
01-18-2009, 08:23 AM
My cats breath smells like cat food.

Slicker
01-18-2009, 08:30 AM
Well, at least they're nomal.

Darth Jax
01-18-2009, 09:14 AM
note to all: i'm winning

Slicker
01-18-2009, 09:28 AM
Note to Darth Jax: You aren't winning anymore...

Darth Jax
01-18-2009, 09:30 AM
note to mr. raincoat: yes, i am

Ji'dai
01-18-2009, 10:13 AM
You guys may not be keeping up on current events, but I'm winning now.

Kidhuman
01-18-2009, 10:41 AM
Urinating is good stuff

Exhaust Port
01-18-2009, 10:57 AM
The doctor said my nose wouldn't bleed so much if I kept my finger out of there.

Darth Jax
01-18-2009, 11:34 AM
remember shop smart - shop s mart

Darth Jax
01-18-2009, 12:00 PM
gimme some sugar

Ji'dai
01-18-2009, 12:00 PM
There once was a lady named Spense
Who was very attractive and hence
It'll happen some day that she'll marry away
And then she'll become an ex-Spense.

Darth Jax
01-18-2009, 12:20 PM
Another fan's appreciation
A do-be, don't-be situation
Drag me down into your hatred

Misery loves copany
I'm your number one fan

Ji'dai
01-18-2009, 01:37 PM
I know half of you half as well as I would like; and I like half of you half as well as you deserve.

Exhaust Port
01-18-2009, 01:47 PM
The internet is on computers now?

Darth Jax
01-18-2009, 02:22 PM
nice hockey game to start the day. and now its time for the NFL

TeeEye7
01-18-2009, 02:41 PM
nice hockey game to start the day...

All of you can go to the penalty box on five minute majors while I collect my prize! :whip:

Jargo
01-18-2009, 03:23 PM
nothing nothing nothing new to say.

DarthQuack
01-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Larry Fitzgerald

Slicker
01-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Matt Damon!

Darth Jax
01-18-2009, 04:02 PM
Ben Affleck

Darth Jax
01-18-2009, 04:04 PM
Pilot Inspektor, stupid celebrities and what they'll name their kids.

DarthQuack
01-18-2009, 04:14 PM
There once was a man from Nantucket...

Darth Jax
01-18-2009, 04:39 PM
you'll say wow everytime

TeeEye7
01-18-2009, 04:44 PM
Ben Affleck

Doesn't he hawk insurance? Oh, wait, no....that's the duck....this must be the guy the shock's named after. :stupid:

bobafrett
01-18-2009, 06:17 PM
I need to win, if this carries on much longer I might not be able to win. I have a very important mission coming up for me in about two weeks!

Yep, that's me excuse for being deemed king of this here contest, and I'm sticking to it.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-18-2009, 06:54 PM
I need to win, if this carries on much longer I might not be able to win. I have a very important mission coming up for me in about two weeks!

Yep, that's me excuse for being deemed king of this here contest, and I'm sticking to it.

See though, when you say things like that Frett, they'll just drag it on until you're gone.

Jargo
01-18-2009, 07:03 PM
And with this post I bow out.

Darth Jax
01-18-2009, 07:14 PM
i'm not even in it for the prize. it's all about the post count. pad, pad, pad

DarkArtist
01-18-2009, 07:15 PM
i cannot believe that the Philadelphia Eagles lost to the Arizona Cardinals. wow. i was sorta hoping for a Philly vs Pitts Superbowl. will have to see what happens in the Pittsburgh / Baltimore game.

Darth Jax
01-18-2009, 07:43 PM
i'm happy the grocery boy is going back to the big game.

Snowtrooper
01-18-2009, 08:01 PM
If you sprinkle
When you tinkle
Please be neat
And clean it up with your feet

Jedi_Kal-El
01-18-2009, 08:29 PM
i cannot believe that the Philadelphia Eagles lost to the Arizona Cardinals. wow. i was sorta hoping for a Philly vs Pitts Superbowl. will have to see what happens in the Pittsburgh / Baltimore game.

Arizona isn't my team, but MAN, they are on fire.

DarkArtist
01-18-2009, 08:40 PM
Arizona isn't my team, but MAN, they are on fire.

this is true they had an amazing season but i just wondering if Baltimore beats Pittsburg what kind of superbowl party it would be.

bird team vs bird team ???? might not get a good crowd. (i throw a Superbowl every year with my Dad at the local Knights of Columbus)

Lord Malakite
01-18-2009, 09:28 PM
Wrote my first toy review today.

bobafrett
01-18-2009, 09:43 PM
Have yet to read LM's toy review.

Lord Malakite
01-18-2009, 09:53 PM
Here you go frett, my toy review (http://www.collectionstation.com/items/view/3804/reviews/3804). Just a heads up, CollectionStation has some bug apparently in the "reviews" when it comes to apostrophes and quotation marks.

Slicker
01-18-2009, 10:11 PM
I'm happy for Arizona. It also gives us Lions fans some hope for next year. :thumbsup:

Jedi_Kal-El
01-18-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm happy for Arizona. It also gives us Lions fans some hope for next year. :thumbsup:

I don't know if I'd admit to being a Detroit fan if I was, but hey you have to support your team no matter what.

bobafrett
01-18-2009, 11:13 PM
Steelers advance to the Super Bowl. Now I just hope the numbers in my super bowl squares come in!

Darth Jax
01-18-2009, 11:31 PM
i've never written a toy review

Lord Malakite
01-18-2009, 11:31 PM
I was hoping for a Patriots vs. Silly Nannies game in the Super Bowl.

Slicker
01-19-2009, 12:22 AM
I don't know if I'd admit to being a Detroit fan if I was, but hey you have to support your team no matter what.Hey, at least when they start to win (they will get better. Seriously...) NOBODY can say that I'm a bandwagon fan. Just like with the Detroit Tigers. I've always followed them so when they started to do well I knew that I wasn't a bandwagon fan since I followed them just the same, albeit a little closer.

Lord Malakite
01-19-2009, 01:07 AM
Well at least they aren't as crappy as the Bengals. :p

UKWildcat
01-19-2009, 01:13 AM
Speaking of contests, The 2nd Annual SSG Academy Awards Movie Challenge (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=39726) starts up soon! Get your popcorn ready! :D :D :D :D

Slicker
01-19-2009, 02:55 AM

bobafrett
01-19-2009, 06:46 AM
He's got buttered popcorn fingers, and he'll try to wipe them on your shirt.

Slicker
01-19-2009, 07:07 AM
He's got buttered popcorn fingers, and he'll try to wipe them on your shirt.And he charges $10 for a bucket of popcorn, and insists on keeping it on his lap until you get to the bottom. Last time I only found a few kernals.

obi-dad
01-19-2009, 07:31 AM
is this contest still going on? I'm back and I have a car again!!!! YEAH!!! I'm working the holiday (and not much to do)... maybe I'll go back and read the last 15 pages to make sure I didn't miss anything really important (what? everything posted in this thread is relevant!) :thumbsup:

JEDIpartner
01-19-2009, 08:29 AM
Don't bother me... I'm... thinking.

obi-dad
01-19-2009, 08:33 AM
that could take a while.

Darth Jax
01-19-2009, 09:42 AM
Well at least they aren't as crappy as the Bengals. :p

the bengals (or is that bungles) manage to win a game now and then. something the 0-16 lions didn't seem capable of

obi-dad
01-19-2009, 09:49 AM
now, kids, lets play nice.

JEDIpartner
01-19-2009, 09:50 AM
that could take a while.

Especially since I'm waiting in line to see Santa with my little brother, Randy, and there's some wear kid wearing an aviator's cap and goggles standing in front of me!! :crazed:

Darth Jax
01-19-2009, 09:56 AM
And he charges $10 for a bucket of popcorn, and insists on keeping it on his lap until you get to the bottom. Last time I only found a few kernals.

You sure you only got a handful of kernels?

ever get that sense of deja vu

obi-dad
01-19-2009, 09:59 AM
oh my... I went crazy yesterday on my drive home. I haven't bought any new SW in a while and had a car to check out stores.

At Target, I bought the UBP Sarlacc pit (probably will regret as soon as the price drops again) and the Galactic Heroes Tatooine BP. At Walmart #1, I bought another ewok/wokling 2pack. At Walmart#2, I bought FX-6 & Galia. At TRU, I bought the grey large winged TIE (cuz I hadn't seen it in forever), 2 comic packs (infinities DV & Leia, and some other one) Juno Eclipse (or whatever her name is), the GH Rancor BP, and I thought something else, but can't think of it now.

TeeEye7
01-19-2009, 10:08 AM
Especially since I'm waiting in line to see Santa with my little brother, Randy, and there's some wear kid wearing an aviator's cap and goggles standing in front of me!! :crazed:

Do you like The Wizard of Oz?

obi-dad
01-19-2009, 10:14 AM
Well, I can't speak for JEDIpartner, well.... actually I could, but I would be talking out of my backside... so, how is that any different from normal? I don't know, but back to where I started from

"back where we started
And why don't we just leave it at that
Leave it at that..." ok.. name that artist without cheating!

anyway, back to where I started

"back where we started
And why don't we just leave it at that
Leave it at that..."

ok... the real answer is "who doesn't?" But, do you remember what the question was now?

Darth Jax
01-19-2009, 10:16 AM

i like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain

Bel-Cam Jos
01-19-2009, 10:19 AM
You know, I was wearing my "You'll shoot your eye out, kid" shirt this weekend. It t'was... soap... poisoning... :cry:

obi-dad
01-19-2009, 10:23 AM
i like pina coladas and getting caught in the rainHow do you feel about health food or champagne?

DarthQuack
01-19-2009, 10:29 AM
The plumber finally arrived today.

Kidhuman
01-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Do you like his crack?

JEDIpartner
01-19-2009, 10:45 AM
You know, I was wearing my "You'll shoot your eye out, kid" shirt this weekend. It t'was... soap... poisoning... :cry:

"WOWWWWWWWWWWW!!! WHOOOOOOPEEEEEEEE!!!! A Zeppelin!!!!!" :love:

Actually, I do not! I think Judy Garland's voice is irritating. LOL Who'd have guessed it: A gay man who hates Judy Garland and The Wizard of Oz???!!!!

TeeEye7
01-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Do you like deranged Easter Bunnies?

Jedi_Kal-El
01-19-2009, 11:18 AM

Not really, they're a pink nightmare.

DarthQuack
01-19-2009, 11:25 AM
Bacon anyone?

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/

mtriv73
01-19-2009, 11:36 AM
I love long weekends

JEDIpartner
01-19-2009, 11:51 AM

No, but I like the "30 Second Bunnies" from Starz! :love:

A Christmas Story by the 30 Second Bunnies (http://www.angryalien.com/aa/xmas_storybuns.asp)

pbarnard
01-19-2009, 11:53 AM
Does the winner have to thank the Almighty like athletes? Or is this more an Academy Award speech...Academy, Agent, Mom & Dad, etc?

mtriv73
01-19-2009, 11:56 AM
Does the winner have to thank the Almighty like athletes? Or is this more an Academy Award speech...Academy, Agent, Mom & Dad, etc?

I haven't decided what I'm going to say in the speech yet.

bobafrett
01-19-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm not giving a speech, I'm just gonna duck and run!

obi-dad
01-19-2009, 12:08 PM
Holy Cr@p, Batman! Has anyone seen the video "Star Wars: Retold (by someone who hasn't seen it)"? I just joined Facebook and an old college friend had that posted on his page. I wonder if utube has it... it was hilarious!

bobafrett
01-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Holy Cr@p, Batman! Has anyone seen the video "Star Wars: Retold (by someone who hasn't seen it)"? I just joined Facebook and an old college friend had that posted on his page. I wonder if utube has it... it was hilarious!

Is that the one with the little girl explaining it all?

obi-dad
01-19-2009, 12:16 PM
at first I thought she was a little girl, but i'm thinking the picture just makes her look young. her vocab made her sound a little older (well, minimally upper teens) but it had animation made by moving still pictures.

Darth Jax
01-19-2009, 12:21 PM
the random video of the day thread might already contain said video

TeeEye7
01-19-2009, 12:23 PM
No, but I like the "30 Second Bunnies" from Starz! :love:

A Christmas Story by the 30 Second Bunnies (http://www.angryalien.com/aa/xmas_storybuns.asp)

Excellent, Jp! Thanks!

That post was a major award!

JEDIpartner
01-19-2009, 12:53 PM
They have a bunch of movies parodied there! Check them out. :)

Of the NON-Bunny bunch, I like Amy's Diary.

Ji'dai
01-19-2009, 02:07 PM
I haven't watched the Academy Awards in over fifteen years.

TeeEye7
01-19-2009, 02:11 PM
I haven't watched the Academy Awards in over fifteen years.

Me neither. I find most self-supporting events like that very tiresome. :tired:

Peer review...I think not.

bobafrett
01-19-2009, 02:16 PM
I'm hungry, and I just rearranged my dining room.

pbarnard
01-19-2009, 02:19 PM

Well if you rearranged the food too, you know where you put it.

bobafrett
01-19-2009, 02:21 PM
I'd like to put it in my stomach. We have way to much dust now to make it possible to eat without dust getting in our food.

pbarnard
01-19-2009, 03:22 PM
If it's angeldust, that could make for a very interesting meal.

JetsAndHeels
01-19-2009, 03:30 PM
I've been out of town since Friday, what did I miss?

bobafrett
01-19-2009, 03:33 PM
I've been out of town since Friday, what did I miss?

I don't even know what's going on in this thread, let alone what's happened since Friday. I think the Cardinals are facing the Eagles in two weeks, but then you most likely already know that.

JetsAndHeels
01-19-2009, 03:37 PM
I don't even know what's going on in this thread, let alone what's happened since Friday. I think the Cardinals are facing the Eagles in two weeks, but then you most likely already know that.

Steelers vs. Cardinals in Super Bowl 43.

Hopefully it is a watchable game.

Lord Malakite
01-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Don King: Its the fight of the century; the SSG moderating drag queen versus the big mean football machine! Lord Malakite vs. The Super Bowl, only on Pay-Per-View!

JetsAndHeels
01-19-2009, 04:02 PM
I am rooting for the Steelers since one of my best friends is a fan...however I think the best part about this game will be the commercials and hopefully some good movie previews.

pbarnard
01-19-2009, 04:05 PM
I am rooting for the Steelers since one of my best friends is a fan...however I think the best part about this game will be the commercials and hopefully some good movie previews.

Nuthin' But Commercials is broadcasting it. So look for the first one in some players cup.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-19-2009, 04:05 PM

I'm hungry, and didn't just rearrange my dining room.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Wookiee cookies are really damn good; go make them.

Darth Jax
01-19-2009, 06:07 PM
is the recipe for bantha loin in the star wars cookbook?

bobafrett
01-19-2009, 06:24 PM
I am a driver for a place called "Pauly's pizza-ria" in Elmhurst, Illinois. I had work 14 to 15 years for the previous business that was there called "Nancy's pizza" at that same location. Then it was sold to two owners, and called it "Pizza-ria" but they ran it into the ground, then 5 months ago, two more people bought the business, and they were building the business, promoting it, and running a skelton staff until sales start to pick up.

As a driver, I was getting paid $3.00 an hour, plus $2.50 delivery fee, plus tips. Now that we have started to get a few more deliveries (I was averaging 6 a night) they decided to cut the $3.00 an hour that they paid, once a driver hit 10 deliveries. This wasn't from the hour that we hit the tenth delivery, it was once you hit 10 deliveries, you don't get paid any hourly for the whole night. If on say Thursday I get only 6 deliveries, I would get $3.00 an hour, plus the delivery fee and tip. But the last two Fridays I goot 14 deliveries, and this last Friday I got 10 deliveries in 7 1/2 hours of work. I've lost $43 dollars in wages because they chose to come up with this rule.

I complained about it, and they said "If you don't like it, let us know, we'll hire someone else to do the job". Does anyone know if there is a place that I can file a complaint? Would the better business bureau be of help? Can they do this legally? They have also cut me down to one night now because I complained, and had a "bad attitude" about it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ando
01-19-2009, 06:38 PM
BobaFrett,

Contact your local BOLI (Bureau of Labor and Industries) office. They should be able to help you out and crack the whip on your employers.

Good luck, buddy.

Exhaust Port
01-19-2009, 06:56 PM
That's absolutely slimey BF.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-19-2009, 06:59 PM
Dang Frett. I use to work for a few pizza places and I've never heard of anything like that before. Yeah, I'd report it if I were you, cause it sounds like they're giving you the shaft.

bobafrett
01-19-2009, 07:27 PM
Yes, I am upset about this. I'm going to be out of town for a couple of weeks at the end of the month. When I return, I shall be seeking new employment part time.

Darth Jax
01-19-2009, 08:02 PM
of all the lousy ways to make a buck.

2-1B
01-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Frett, I'm going to crank call the hell outta that place after you are gone...

bobafrett
01-19-2009, 09:04 PM
Frett, I'm going to crank call the hell outta that place after you are gone...

Thank You! They are a bunch of meanies......taking advantage of a veteran driver like me.

DarthQuack
01-19-2009, 09:11 PM
I'm ready for bed.

Darth Jax
01-19-2009, 09:37 PM
it's sad that i'm ready for bed as well. but here in my time zone, it ain't even 9 PM

bobafrett
01-19-2009, 09:41 PM
Yep, me too. I'm in my boxers as my wife was doing laundry. I just helped finish washing the dishes.

Slicker
01-19-2009, 09:53 PM
Win, win, win, win...

DarthQuack
01-19-2009, 10:03 PM
Hey Slicker, how's it going?

Jedi_Kal-El
01-19-2009, 10:45 PM
Something seems....different here. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Darth Jax
01-19-2009, 11:10 PM

if you do put your finger on it, you'll smudge your screen.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-19-2009, 11:30 PM
It is different. And ugly.

TeeEye7
01-19-2009, 11:36 PM
It is different. And ugly.

It's like reading in CinemaScope or on an IMAX screen.....

You almost need a golf cart to get from one end of the post to the other...

Lord Malakite
01-20-2009, 01:01 AM

I think Steve might be experimenting with the placement of the forums advertisements.

Slicker
01-20-2009, 01:36 AM
Those ads caught me by surprise as well.

Lord Malakite
01-20-2009, 02:37 AM
Seems like its calmed down in here.

TeeEye7
01-20-2009, 02:51 AM
Yeah, but I don't like the placement of the ad just below the first post at the top of the page. It breaks up the continuity of the thread and is distracting. I prefer the ads on the right side of the screen, and yes, I do pay attention to those ads!

Slicker
01-20-2009, 04:31 AM
Eye whin.:thumbsup:

Kidhuman
01-20-2009, 05:01 AM
Whats with the ads in the middle of the threads?

bobafrett
01-20-2009, 05:47 AM
I think they are more like in the upper, and not so much in the middle of the thread. Either way, I'm now in the lead!

Slicker
01-20-2009, 06:14 AM
Whats with the ads in the middle of the threads?Yeah, I'm not a fan of it...

obi-dad
01-20-2009, 06:25 AM
good morning!

Darth Jax
01-20-2009, 07:26 AM
the ads not too bad stuck in the thread. i'm just glad that we don't have a banner heading containing information about the poster anymore.

obi-dad
01-20-2009, 07:31 AM
Once again, I am reporting in live from work.

It's cold.

Now carry on. (my wayward son)

there'll be peace when you are done.

Slicker
01-20-2009, 07:37 AM
It's cold here too...but that's because the air conditioning keeps it about 65* to keep the test benches cold. *shivers*

Darth Jax
01-20-2009, 07:43 AM
i keep my heat set on 65.

Slicker
01-20-2009, 07:47 AM
i keep my heat set on 65.It's not that the room temp. itself that's cold it's the fact that the cold leaves almost as fast as it gets in so we have these friggin' super air conditioners that blast the cold air in and it doesn't matter where you are you're gonna be gettin' hit with a cold wind.

JetsAndHeels
01-20-2009, 10:07 AM
No school today.

Got a couple of inches of snow last night, and it is still snowing now. Looks like I will have another day off tomorrow.

mtriv73
01-20-2009, 10:27 AM
It's not that the room temp. itself that's cold it's the fact that the cold leaves almost as fast as it gets in so we have these friggin' super air conditioners that blast the cold air in and it doesn't matter where you are you're gonna be gettin' hit with a cold wind.

That's still better than getting a warm air blast from someone's southern exhaust port.

pbarnard
01-20-2009, 12:10 PM
That's still better than getting a warm air blast from someone's southern exhaust port.

We could make this go down hill right now by saying how'd you like that when Slicker's mom did that to you, but we won't. That would be low or no class. :ninja:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-20-2009, 12:22 PM
I just watched the inauguration and am heading back to campus for part of my class, then off to Denver for the live Tim and Eric show. Now you know.

pbarnard
01-20-2009, 01:25 PM
And knowing is half the battle.

I'm wating for the service engineer from Beckman Coulter to call me back with when they'll come out for the 5th time to try and fix the CE that continues to make platinum electrodes into platinum accordian wires.