PDA

View Full Version : Desperately Needed Cobra Army Builders

Phantom-like Menace
01-09-2009, 01:14 AM
I've largely given up on finding several of the newer Cobra troops on shelves, certainly in the number I'd like to get of them. I can order some of them from hasbrotoyshop.com, but I have to deal with the one-per-order limitation. I appreciate that you're attempting to guarantee everyone can get one, but if there were--I don't know--more, everyone could get several and we'd all be happy.

We need at least the following army builder sets for Cobra:

Eels
Para-Vipers
B.A.T.s
Tele-Vipers

Honestly I'd love sets of the Cobra Diver, Ninja Vipers, and especially the Iron Grenadiers, but the above list is the minimum. Also, it would be important that the sets be painted the same way the single-carded figures are painted. Armies are uniform, hence the term uniform being applied to their garb. I know your focus is going to be on Resolute and Rise of Cobra, but that just sounds like an even better reason to release some army builders to hold over the people who want the ARAH reissue stuff.

El Chuxter
01-09-2009, 01:22 AM
I believe there's a BAT set already on the way, likely a TRU exclusive simply because the previous army builder sets have been.

I'd kill to see a set containing one Cobra Officer and four Cobra Troopers, but here's the catch: it's some mix of both men and women, and at least two of them are non-white. No, seriously. I would beat a kitten with a baseball bat for such a set. Okay, not seriously. Because that's sick. But I'd like the see the set anyway.

Phantom-like Menace
01-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Female and racially diverse Cobra troopers would be pretty awesome. I'd happily lend support to waffling on kitten beating for you.

As for the B.A.T.s, unless I'm happily mistaken and they are two different sets, they're black with red faceplates. I'd be looking for them to match the single-carded version or at least the DVD set version.

DarkArtist
01-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Cobra army building sets would be a welcome in my book as well. would love to see some female Cobra forces as well.

there have been in the past a few army building sets of Cobra troops released though including the 2 upcoming battlepacks (Cobra BATS and Cobra Vipers (with Mercer) ) as well as the current Crimsion Guard Battlepack (TRU exclusive) Red Ninja vs Snake Eyes (TRU exclusive) and Cobra Nightwatch set again (TRU exclusive).

would love to see just a simple plain Cobra Solider set with some mixed troops both ethnical as well as female, but would also love to see perhaps an exclusive set of the Worlds without End Cobra Female troops.

Sinscia Fat'o
02-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Tele Vipers. . . I have two sheesh! as a kid i had at least 5 of them! Single carded please. . . Or in said battle packs as a small army.

A female Cobra Trooper would rock, and such a thing should be single carded not in a box set.

DarkArtist
02-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Tele Vipers. . . I have two sheesh! as a kid i had at least 5 of them! Single carded please. . . Or in said battle packs as a small army.

A female Cobra Trooper would rock, and such a thing should be single carded not in a box set.

would love to see a Tele-Viper set with Computer Terminals and gear etc. maybe some different face sculpts and removable helmets as well.

A Female Cobra Trooper.....i have been wanting one forever, would love a box set of the female cobra forces as well as single carded versions of the ladies ie, Cobra Solider, Cobra Officer, Crimsion Guard, Strato-Viper, etc, however the single carded versions need to be new sculpts and heads and not just a repack of the box set versions.

Maradona
02-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Cobra troop building has been handled better by Hasbro than any SW troop building. The TRU sets and comic packs have been plentiful and they have slowly gotten to most sought after figures. I would like to see this continue, but I wonder if Hasbro will shift focus to the film.

Sinscia Fat'o
02-20-2009, 12:01 PM
Cobra troop building has been handled better by Hasbro than any SW troop building. The TRU sets and comic packs have been plentiful and they have slowly gotten to most sought after figures. I would like to see this continue, but I wonder if Hasbro will shift focus to the film.
thats something that concerns me to some degree as i'm not sure if i'm going to collect the movie figures yet or not. I'd like to, but i'm running out of space, and the cartoon and comics from the 80s are what i'm interested in, as i haven't collected movie based figures in a very long time. I'd say that focus from the ARH line will be gone, and we'll be lucky to see 4 waves of it a year, and i still have not seen any new comic pack images from toy fair... So it looks rather grim...maybe next year.

DarkArtist
02-20-2009, 06:39 PM
thats something that concerns me to some degree as i'm not sure if i'm going to collect the movie figures yet or not. I'd like to, but i'm running out of space, and the cartoon and comics from the 80s are what i'm interested in, as i haven't collected movie based figures in a very long time. I'd say that focus from the ARH line will be gone, and we'll be lucky to see 4 waves of it a year, and i still have not seen any new comic pack images from toy fair... So it looks rather grim...maybe next year.

Hasbro mentioned at Toy Fair that the 25th line will go on hiatus while they get ready for the huge push of the Rise of Cobra line. we do have the 14 new figures coming out in the 25th style but then the ROC stuff will hit and run till the end of 2009 into 2010, and perhaps a return to the 25th series in 2010.

El Chuxter
02-20-2009, 09:22 PM
There are some semi-classic vehicles coming out in movie deco (the Ferret and Night Raven). Hopefully we'll see them in standard deco soon. I wanted the Night Raven, but I'm not fond of the MARS logo on it. Comic book Destro doesn't slap his brand name on Cobra merchandise. And I'm not entirely sure cartoon Destro ever had a job other than Cobra Commander's lackey.

Sinscia Fat'o
02-23-2009, 02:29 PM
Hasbro mentioned at Toy Fair that the 25th line will go on hiatus while they get ready for the huge push of the Rise of Cobra line. we do have the 14 new figures coming out in the 25th style but then the ROC stuff will hit and run till the end of 2009 into 2010, and perhaps a return to the 25th series in 2010.

Sadness. . . The movie line looks good, but until i have them in my hand i'm not saying yay or nay.... Though some of the pics look great i will end buying the Baroness... I just know i will. As i hate the 25th one. . .