PDA

View Full Version : Figures I Like To See

BOBAMURPH
01-11-2009, 09:13 AM
I Collect Only Clonetroopers And Stromtroopers And A Few Others. I Would Like To See 1. Female Imperial Knight
2. More Variant Stromtroopers
Like Enginer, Commando, Marine,etc
3. More Special Box Sets Like
Joker Squad, The Manadlorians
Delta Squadron.
4. Republic Military Commandos,etc
Would Like To Here From Others With Same Collection

Kidhuman
01-11-2009, 09:25 AM
I wouldnt mind troop builder sets. Some Variant Stormtroopers would be cool. Other than that, just the unreleased characters, enough rehashes, kitbashes and repaints.

bigbarada
01-11-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm looking forward to building a little squad of Snowtroopers with the upcoming SL rerelease, but otherwise I'm done with troop building.

I'd like to see more ROTJ aliens than anything else right now:

1. Skiff Guards, primarily Kithaba, Giran and the vintage Nikto
2. Gamorrean Guard resculpt
3. Admiral Ackbar resculpt
4. Y-Wing Pilot - the only non-alien left on my list (the grey suited ones from ROTJ)
5. the only prequel figures I'd be interested in seeing at this point would some new, better Ep3 Wookies, because all the ones we have now are crap.

DarkJedi5
01-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Well the good news for Bobamurph is that a female Imperial Knight is on the way, we'll see her in a comic pack with Darth Kryat. With more TFU figures coming in 2010 it may be a while before we see any of the variant stormtroopers but that would be a good slot for them. I don't know if we'll see any more of the trooper themed boxed sets for a while. We've had quite a few of them in the past few years and I can see them going away from that to something more like the astro-droid sets. Oh and apparently we are going to be seeing a new commando in a "forces of the republic" evo set. That should be right up your alley.

I know I'm really looking forward to the SL snowtrooper too because I wasn't crazy about the paint on the VOTC snowtrooper and I didn't feel like army building at $10 a pop. I don't just limit myself to stormies and clones (I dislike stormtrooper variants because IMO, they just aren't OT to me) and I would love to see some new version of the battle droid that can do all the things it should (hold it's rifle with two hands, stand up, etc.) because what's the fun with having all these clones and nothing to shoot at? Same goes for the up coming hoth trooper. My battle of Hoth scenes were looking pretty one sided....

Mad Slanted Powers
01-11-2009, 05:08 PM
I'd be happy with a VOTC stormtrooper rerelease. I got several of the TAC stromtrooper, but his torso articulation was a bit loose, as was the removable helmet.

clone157
01-11-2009, 07:51 PM
I found all the votc figs at a store here in Austin, TX called Ross (a clothing discount store) for about $5 a pop. Now I wish I had waited. I could always use more weapons. I would like to see more specialized clones in the existing paint variations. The double blue stripe, all white, etc. Single carded, all white Galactic Marines and Airborne Troopers would be nice; or how about the purple Windu's Battalion? I like to have groupings of 9: 1 commander, 1 or 2 special clones (airborne, AT-RT pilot, etc), and the rest standard clones.

DarkArtist
01-11-2009, 08:05 PM
more troops the merrier. i for one would love to see some Stormtroopers in perhaps the colors of the ROTS Clones (ie 501st, 41st Elite, 212th Battalion etc)

obi-dad
01-12-2009, 09:15 AM
I'd be happy with a VOTC stormtrooper rerelease. I got several of the TAC stromtrooper, but his torso articulation was a bit loose, as was the removable helmet.

Yeah, due to the loose torsos, I actually prefer the ... I'm not even sure which line we were in at the time... ComTech? I was fairly happy with that release. I definitely don't need a removable helmet.

obi-dad
01-12-2009, 09:17 AM
I'm looking forward to building a little squad of Snowtroopers with the upcoming SL rerelease.

I will probably buy a good 5-10 of these, if I see that many.

DarkArtist
01-13-2009, 01:20 PM
I'm looking forward to building a little squad of Snowtroopers with the upcoming SL rerelease, but otherwise I'm done with troop building.

I'd like to see more ROTJ aliens than anything else right now:

1. Skiff Guards, primarily Kithaba, Giran and the vintage Nikto
2. Gamorrean Guard resculpt
3. Admiral Ackbar resculpt
4. Y-Wing Pilot - the only non-alien left on my list (the grey suited ones from ROTJ)
5. the only prequel figures I'd be interested in seeing at this point would some new, better Ep3 Wookies, because all the ones we have now are crap.

totally agree with your list. would love to see Hasbro give us the Grey Suited Y-Wing Pilots, as well as a resculpt of Ackbar and the Gamorrean.

i would also add to your list a completely new resculpted version of Han Solo in Bespin Fatigues. the figure from the TAC line was cool for the torture rack but lacked in every other catagory. really need a massive update on this figure. to date i think the only decent version was the POTJ version.

I will probably buy a good 5-10 of these, if I see that many.

you and me both. i have about 6 of the VOTC version when it first came out and of course the ones from the ultimate Battlepack but since ESB is my favorite of all the movies i really want to build an awesome Hoth scene and need as many of these guys as i can get.

bigbarada
01-13-2009, 01:53 PM
i would also add to your list a completely new resculpted version of Han Solo in Bespin Fatigues. the figure from the TAC line was cool for the torture rack but lacked in every other catagory. really need a massive update on this figure. to date i think the only decent version was the POTJ version.

Totally agree there! We really need a new Bespin Han Solo (even though he wore that outfit for 95% of ESB, not just in Bespin). In fact, if you want to build an accurate diorama of the Hoth Battle, then you want a Bespin Han, not a Hoth Han.

I'm just not in the habit of listing core characters in my want lists, since it's pretty much a given that a "primary outfit" version of them (like Bespin Han) is going to be made at some point.

I've actually decided that my BMF Falcon is going to be the centerpiece of a small ESB Echo Base diorama. I just need Bespin Han, Hoth Leia, Chewie (probably VOTC), Threepio, Vader, and a few Snowtroopers. I'll probably buy that old Deluxe POTF2 Tripod Cannon, throw out the figure and use one of the new Snowtroopers with it.

However, I will wait for new versions of Bespin Han and Hoth Leia before I go back and buy outdated versions again.

obi-dad
01-13-2009, 01:59 PM
I've actually decided that my BMF Falcon is going to be the centerpiece of a small ESB Echo Base diorama. I just need Bespin Han, Hoth Leia, Chewie (probably VOTC), Threepio, Vader, and a few Snowtroopers. I'll probably buy that old Deluxe POTF2 Tripod Cannon, throw out the figure and use one of the new Snowtroopers with it.

Small ESB Echo Base diorama? If the falcon is going to be in it at all, it's not going to be small! :thumbsup:

bigbarada
01-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Small ESB Echo Base diorama? If the falcon is going to be in it at all, it's not going to be small! :thumbsup:

I'm think small as in number of elements, not in size. :) Since only one vehicle is going to be the centerpiece, then it's small in my book.

For a while there, I had the ambition to create a complete diorama of the ROTJ Rebel Hanger using only vintage vehicles and I was doing pretty good with it. I had one Y-Wing, one Imperial Shuttle, 3 vintage A-Wings and most of the figures necessary. Unfortunately, I lost two of my part time jobs because of the downturn in the economy, so I had to sell them all. No biggie, though, since I've just decided to set my sites a little lower and focus on cheaper modern toys.

neosapian77
01-14-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm think small as in number of elements, not in size. :) Since only one vehicle is going to be the centerpiece, then it's small in my book.

For a while there, I had the ambition to create a complete diorama of the ROTJ Rebel Hanger using only vintage vehicles and I was doing pretty good with it. I had one Y-Wing, one Imperial Shuttle, 3 vintage A-Wings and most of the figures necessary. Unfortunately, I lost two of my part time jobs because of the downturn in the economy, so I had to sell them all. No biggie, though, since I've just decided to set my sites a little lower and focus on cheaper modern toys.

Toys can be expensive. I've paid $80 for some figures and it can take a toll. When I turned 19 my mom gave me a debit card and when Clone Wars came out a few months ago I went crazy over all the toys. I can become addicted over toys. Long story short my debit card expired and my parents *****ed me out but , hey, I'm still collecting.

I have a few toy videos (soon to make more) on youtube if anyone is interested in seeing my collection. http://www.youtube.com/neosapian77

Darth_Angel_80
01-21-2009, 05:17 PM
I'd like to see more astromech droids, and none of this build a droid bullcrap. Another boxed set like they did during 2006. It would also be nice to see some of the proticol droids from the senate landing platform scene made (how more interesting can you get than a female proticol droid?)

DarkArtist
01-22-2009, 05:16 PM
I'd like to see more astromech droids, and none of this build a droid bullcrap. Another boxed set like they did during 2006. It would also be nice to see some of the proticol droids from the senate landing platform scene made (how more interesting can you get than a female proticol droid?)

i agree with the droid sets but have to disagree with the Build a Droid part. i actually love the BAD concept. i love getting extra parts from army building and using them to create new droids or building dioramas of droid factories etc. this is a concept i would to see hasbro continue for awhile

DarkJedi5
01-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Honestly, I like droids but while the BaD concept is running I doubt we will see very many (if any) droids on cards. Battle packs is another story (see the Yavin IV Scramble pack) but I don't think we'll see anything like the EE packs again. And do we need to? We are going to get 1-2 droids for every wave of figures, that's a lot more than we'd get if they were slotted in normally.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-22-2009, 06:51 PM
Some of the more popular ones that people wish they didn't have to buy all the figures to get the parts for might end up in a greatest hits line, or be included in a battle pack or some other multi-figure set.

Obsession is Nute
01-22-2009, 11:54 PM
I pretty much want only the stuff that apparently not profitable.

Nemoidians, Senators, Imperial Officers, and EU characters (Excluding Legacy and KOTOR).

Like Barada, I do however want to see more of Jabba's henchmen. I am not as into the Cantina scene as most are. That is just me, though.

DarkJedi5
01-23-2009, 12:29 PM
Like Barada, I do however want to see more of Jabba's henchmen. I am not as into the Cantina scene as most are. That is just me, though.

I like the Cantina scene (c'mon now, it's as iconic "Star Wars" as a lightsaber) but I feel like we're getting pretty close to the bottom of the barrel there. I hear rummors of them resculpting the cantina band and think, "Sure we could use it, but isn't there anything better they could do first?" Why not go after Jabba's Palace (and Skiffs) with as much vigor? Aliens make Star Wars and that's where a lot of great ones come from. And once Hasbro nails a couple great head sculpts for the skiff guardsmen they can just keep using them over and over with new bodies (I mean, the masks were all pretty much the same, right?). ROTJ aliens deserve more love in general but specifically Jabba's crew.

NODDY
01-25-2009, 06:21 PM
E-3PO !!! iI hope Hasbro gets to him this year !

Rik Duel
01-25-2009, 09:56 PM
I just want to see a really perfect Luke before I die!