PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro should make a realistic figure of the Rodian Senator (also seen in Clone Wars)

Tycho
01-12-2009, 02:29 PM
In the recent JarJar episode of Clone Wars, set on Rodia, that planet's Senator got some good face time.

However, since Rodia was represented in the Galactic Senate in all 3 prequel films, I'd like to see the character made - and the less "cartoony," all the better.

I think his name is Aconda Far, though Padme called him Uncle-something.

In any event, he deserves a figure. I don't think they need to force a cartoon character upon us.

pbarnard
01-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Plus Hasbro could repaint him and have it be Palpatine's secretary/receptionist.

Bib Un-Fortuna
01-12-2009, 02:39 PM
The character you refer to in Onaconda Farr, and I agree completely. I know the senate scenes are not "action" scenes, and therefore get a lower priority on Hasbros list as those scenes are not as toy-friendly. Still, the Rodian senators in general appear in the whole prequel trilogy, and Farr appears (and is mentioned by name in the novelizations of) in AotC. We got a Yarua (and we'll never get a Grebelips, or however you spell the ET senator name), so Farr is a good choice to add to the senate scenes.

sebillba
01-13-2009, 12:58 AM
and we'll never get a Grebelips, or however you spell the ET senator name

You spell it Grebleips.... spelling it backwards is the best way to remember. ;)

I would love to see the Rodian Senator - I voted for them wherever possible in the most wanted figure polls. The more rodians the better for me, they've always been my favourite SW aliens. I don't collect the animated figures, but would buy any rodians made, even in this style.

Tycho
01-13-2009, 12:46 PM
I just opened my box of figures I was saving for TMP Senate scene.

Republic Chancellor Valorum, Mas Ameeda

1) Naboo: Palpatine, Queen Amidala, Handmaiden, Capt. Panaka
2) Trade Federation: Lott Dodd, Lushros Dofine
3) Rodia: (3 Greedo figures :mad: )
4) Ithor: 1997 Momaw Nadon x 2, 2002 Deluxe Cantina Alien
5) Duro: 2 x Elors Madak
6) Clak'Dor 7: 4 Bith band members
7) Malastare: Sen. Ask Aak
8) Mon Calamari: Tessek (I think the Quarren represented until the Clone Wars)
9) Ryloth: Sen. Orm Free Taa, Bib Fortuna, Shaaka
10) SwokesSwokes: Gragga
11) Sen. Horax Ryder (from Watto's Box Seats)
12) Kashyyyk: Yarua, Chewbacca
13) Ando: Po Nudo

I know Greedo isn't really appropriate. Also the Ithorian Senator (Tendu?) would make a good figure, too. I'd also like a "better-dressed" SwokesSwokes, and Sen. Tiikes (Quarren from Mon Calamari).

I don't think Bail Organa was in the Senate at this time.

The AOTC Senate looks similar. By ROTS, representation would be lessened due to the Separatists' secession.

DarkJedi5
01-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Well and for ROTS you can include Mon Mothma, Bail and Meena Tills. I think you forgot Passell Argente. He is (according to decipher) in TPM senate just as the figure appears in the AOTC Screen Scene with Nute and Shu Mai.

Tycho
01-13-2009, 02:42 PM
That's right: Passel Argente. I don't know if I have an extra figure of him or not though.

I only got that mold of figure in the AOTC screen scenes. I do have some figures from those that I bought to use apart from Separatist Leader scenes, but it could be several years before I find out exactly.

I am also going to use the AOTC Bail Organa figure in the AOTC Senate scene (Creation of the Grand Army as proposed by Representative JarJar Binks).

Yeah: Mon Mothma? I'm not sure if she was in the Senate by AOTC or not. I am definitely having her in my ROTS scene (First Galactic Empire).

Meena Tillis? I don't think she'd be in the Senate scene until ROTS. During the Clone Wars, as evidenced by the cartoon, Mon Calamari broke out into civil war. The Quarren (Tiikes) wanted to join Dooku and the Separatists, and the Mon Calamari (Tills) wanted to remain with the Republic. Both species might have had representation in the Senate, however, to demonstrate some of the changes going on within the Republic, I'm not going to have both represent Mon Calamari at any given time. TPM / AOTC = Quarren; ROTS = Mon Calamari.

I also note that the representation of humans increases next to aliens, even by way of the figures that Hasbro's made, if you make these 3 distinct displays:

TPM humans: Naboo

AOTC humans: Naboo, Alderaan

ROTS humans: Naboo, Alderaan, Chandrilla

Maybe they'll make the Corellians in some form, too? Fang Zar? Garm Bel Ibis?

Anyway, it evolves to looking more and more like the example of the Imperial Senate.

DarkJedi5
01-13-2009, 04:43 PM
Yeah, sorry I thought you were talking about one for each film, Mon Mothma and Meena Tills would only fit in an ROTS one not ROTS/AOTC. Also for the creation of the army scene that you mentioned you could even throw in Mace and Yoda as observers as well as Binks (too bad the sculpt sucks) and (and I'm not 100% here) I think Typho is in the Naboo pod at the time.

Obsession is Nute
01-22-2009, 11:59 PM
So Hasbro has told us, staight up, we will never get Grebleips? If this is true, I am most saddened, indeed.

Tycho
01-23-2009, 12:06 AM
Where did you hear that? I heard nothing to indicate that at all.

DarkJedi5
01-23-2009, 12:40 PM
I heard somewhere that there were concerrns about lincesing because Grebleips is simply ET and was used with permission from Spielberg but once some one else is making money off of a figure that is essentially ET then there might be an issue. Steven basically let his buddy borrow the alien as an inside joke but the intellectual property still belongs to Spielberg and so he would have to okay it. Not to mention people who don't know would look at the figure and say "Star Wars is now ripping off ET?" I already heard some one say that about the Star Wars transformers, something like "Ever since the Transformers movie everyone's been trying to rip them off, even Star Wars." I really didn't feel like pointing out that A) it was probably Hasbro's idea not Lucasfilm and B) SW transformers have been out since a couple years before the Transformers movie but it's true.

Obsession is Nute
01-23-2009, 01:17 PM
I heard somewhere that there were concerrns about lincesing because Grebleips is simply ET and was used with permission from Spielberg but once some one else is making money off of a figure that is essentially ET then there might be an issue. Steven basically let his buddy borrow the alien as an inside joke but the intellectual property still belongs to Spielberg and so he would have to okay it. Not to mention people who don't know would look at the figure and say "Star Wars is now ripping off ET?" I already heard some one say that about the Star Wars transformers, something like "Ever since the Transformers movie everyone's been trying to rip them off, even Star Wars." I really didn't feel like pointing out that A) it was probably Hasbro's idea not Lucasfilm and B) SW transformers have been out since a couple years before the Transformers movie but it's true.

I think the first part can be a very legitamate concern. I am sure that if George asked Steven if he could make the figure, Steven would probably not care. (Between the two of them they are worth over 5 billion). However, I doubt Hasbro would be able to get through to George personally. Further, I doubt George would care enough about a single action figure to put it on his to-do list and bother Steven about it.

Although, now that I think about it...we all know George is the absolute owner of the SW franchise because of his business dealing for the first movie. However, where does Steven stand with E.T.? Does he OWN E.T.? Or is it a property owned by the studio. If the later is the case, we probably will never see this figure. To get the A-Okay from a studio to make money off of their intellectual property is probably a massive undertaking.

I hope I am wrong. For some reason, this is a figure I have always wanted to see made. I would go as far as to put him on my top 25 unmade figures list.

El Chuxter
01-23-2009, 02:33 PM
If Hasbro, George, and Spielberg really wanted it, it would happen. We got Panda Khan, Usagi Yojimbo, and I dunno how many other non-Mirage characters in the old TMNT line.