PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons- How Often

Jek Porky 2002
02-20-2002, 04:22 PM
How often do they make new episodes of the Simpsons, the last one I saw was the one with Richard Gere, about 2 weeks ago.

And also how far are they through Season 13 at the moment?

SithDroid
02-24-2002, 11:33 PM
I'm not absolutely sure. I can never tell when they have a new episode of the Simpsons on because it has been on the air for so many years and plus it is on like 6 or 7 times a week. It will be interesting to see which characters are going to get killed off at the end of the season.

Fulit
02-25-2002, 09:01 AM
Boy that one last night with the washed-up cowboy sure was a stinker.

master jedi
02-25-2002, 02:12 PM
I wish they would just stop producing this show. Aren't they supposed to make a Simpsons movie after they cancel the show?

Jek Porky 2002
02-25-2002, 02:18 PM
What's that about characters being killed off, is that official or are you just jumping to conclusions?

We've allready seen the deaths of Maud Flanders, Bleeding Gums Murphy and Dr.Marvin Munroe (which we never saw).

Who else can they kill, Dr. Hibbert?

Mandalorian Candidat
02-25-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
What's that about characters being killed off, is that official or are you just jumping to conclusions?

We've allready seen the deaths of Maud Flanders, Bleeding Gums Murphy and Dr.Marvin Munroe (which we never saw).

Who else can they kill, Dr. Hibbert?

What about Cletus, the Slack-jawed yokel? They could kill him off by having him eat some rancid roadkill.

Apu would be easy to bump off. Just have Snake come in to the Kwik-E-Mart hopped up on sniffing metal cleaner and let loose.

By the way, didn't the producers also kill off Troy McClure? You don't see him around anymore. I wonder why...

OK, ok, I know why. I was just being morbid.

2-1B
02-25-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by master jedi
I wish they would just stop producing this show. Aren't they supposed to make a Simpsons movie after they cancel the show?

I believe Filmforce.net had a story with Matt Groening, quoting him that the Simpsons movie might actually be made and released while the show is still alive. And the show could continue after that.

There seems to be a growing opinion that the Simpsons should be finished as a TV series. I think I just might agree because the past few years I have not been so intent on watching it. But I'm always up for the classics in syndication :confused:

SithDroid
02-25-2002, 09:55 PM

Well I heard a rumor that Matt Groening was going to kill off a lot of the main characters towards the end of the 13th season which is supposed to be the last season. Which would likely mean sometime later this year. I can't confirm this, but I heard it somewhere. I wish I knew where I heard it from.

Lord Tenebrous
02-25-2002, 10:19 PM
There's really no satisfying way to end the show, because I think every idea possible has been used...then reused. The killer dolphins idea would have been an interesting series finale, however. Or maybe that's just me.

We could always just have an old-fashioned face-off between Monty Burns and Fat Tony. Kang and Kodos guest star as the elusive Alien Mafia.

JediTricks
02-26-2002, 12:23 AM
There are 22 eps per season, including the Treehouse of Horror eps. Fox decides the scheduling of the show, they tend to use blocks of dry spells at the beginning of the season, the off-season (obviously), and a lot during the end of sweeps. This way, they get a slightly longer season at the end, even though they totally alienate the audience with endless reruns in the beginning of the season and again in December.

I thought the first half of last night's episode wasn't as bad as 99% of the last 4 seasons, but then, everything from the 2nd half of the 2nd act on just killed the whole thing. If they want to salvage the show, fire producers like Dana Gould and the whole writing staff.

As for ending the series, they shouldn't do a finale, especially if they want to do a movie. They should simply have Conan O'Brian produce a few good eps that tie up NO loose ends, leaving everything just as messed up as when we got to Springfield 13 years ago.
-or-
Do an ep devoted to the "Life in Hell" strip that started it all, with Bongo as the main character, voiced by Groening.

Jek Porky 2002
02-26-2002, 05:28 AM
When the series ends I imgine they will have 1 episode where the family finally gets rich and after that an Episode presented by Troy McClure called something like The Simpsons: The Final Curtain, you know in much the same style as the 137th Episode Spectacular, The Simpsons Spinoff Showcase and The Simpsons: Behind The Laughter.

They could kill of Marge's Mother, you don't see her much just lately.

Jek Porky 2002
02-26-2002, 06:18 PM
O.K I've come to the conclusion that they are every two weeks, there was a new one on last Sunday, the one where Homers Vegas wive comes back.

Jek Porky 2002
02-26-2002, 06:20 PM
Ooh,Ooh,Ooh, I've just remembered, has Herb been in any episodes since Brother Can You Spare Two Dimes?