PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Tank at Toy Fair?

DarkJedi5
01-16-2009, 10:47 AM
AnotheR Site has apparently found pages out of a toy mag that supposedly spills a sneak peak at Hasbro's Toy Fair surprises (http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/2009_Hasbro_Toy_Fair_Sneak_Peek_120392.asp). The magazine makes mention of the Clone Turbo Tank for the Legacy/Clone Wars line and says it should be hitting by Christmas. If this is true it means that the BMF and At-TE were successes enough to pave the way for other large scale toy items (as I assume the Turbo Tank is to scale with the figs and on par with the AT-TE). Looks like it's time to start saving my nickles and dimes....

Jangu Fett
01-16-2009, 10:54 AM
I was going through some SW sites and found out some pretty interesting things. First, Hasbro seems to be planning on releasing a large scale Clone Turbotank for Christmas 2009. That, alone is enough to get me excited.:thumbsup: But, another bit of info was spilled. Two new R/C controlled Star Wars vehicles. A helicopter Republic Gunship and BARC Speeder. Sounds like 2009 will be a interesting year. Here's a link to the article. http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=2100

mtriv73
01-16-2009, 11:04 AM
I hope there is an OT large vehicle to complement the tank like there was last year.

Kidhuman
01-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Hopefully a Sail BArge

Jangu Fett
01-16-2009, 11:31 AM
Sorry I mistakingly put CW Turbotank, instead of SW Turbotank. But, yeah, it might be for the Clone Wars line. I heard rumors that other large scale vehicles are in the works. A new redesigned AT-AT, and Star Destoyer vehicle/playset. I hope the Star Destroyer is true, nothing against the AT-AT. Just doesn't really interest me.

bigbarada
01-16-2009, 11:40 AM
I'm holding out hope for a new AT-AT.

The Star Destroyer rumor sounds interesting, but in reality we all know it's not going to be the 5-foot monster that it needs to be. However, just a basic bridge playset might be interesting.

mtriv73
01-16-2009, 11:50 AM
I'm holding out hope for a new AT-AT.

The Star Destroyer rumor sounds interesting, but in reality we all know it's not going to be the 5-foot monster that it needs to be. However, just a basic bridge playset might be interesting.

I'd buy four AT-AT's. I just don't see the Star Destroyer happening due to a lot of things Hasbro has said in Q&A's

DarkJedi5
01-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Part of me wonders if the Turbo Tank is coming, why not the AT-AT? I always though the Turbo Tank looked a lot like and AT-AT on wheels anyway, it's not the exact same but Hasbro might be able to save money by building these simultaneously? It would be interesting if there were two vehicles at the large scale and that they both would up being ground assault vehicles. Spaceships are what make Star Wars so cool, but I guess there aren't too many viable options like the BMF was.

Either way I see almost no way we'll see the sailbarge. Hasbro has said no too many times for it to be on the slate for Toy Fair. Unless they have no qualms lying to collectors in the Q&A over and over again which would defeat the point of the Q&A. Why ask questions if you won't get a real answer?

Bib Un-Fortuna
01-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Part of me wonders if the Turbo Tank is coming, why not the AT-AT? I always though the Turbo Tank looked a lot like and AT-AT on wheels anyway

That is true, and the reason you see it is because the Turbo Tank is actually based upon concept art from TESB.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Juggernaut_Hoth_concept.jpg

They recycled a lot of things from the older scripts & concept art for the prequel trilogy. If you know who Mace Windu was in the original draft, then you know what I mean . . .

Dark Marble
01-16-2009, 02:17 PM
I think I would be up for the Turbo Tank. It is kind of a neat vehicle and I like many of the things the new trilogy threw at us. I really don't have a desire for a new AT-AT. The Falcon is so iconic and was so deserving of an update it seems foolish not to have remade it.

This is where I think it gets tricky. Other vehicles that they could make bigger and more expensive become a tougher sale to me. Although...a $150 AT-AT that towered over all the other toys might be sweet, I would just rather not.

An interesting argument was put forth here in the forums when the new Falcon was coming out. And that was as a long time collector the thought of replacing or updating older vehicles for newer ones was not a welcome idea. In the case of the Falcon I didn't agree. In the case of other vehicles I am starting to feel that point.

Snowtrooper
01-16-2009, 03:01 PM

I wouldn't mind having a basic bridge set either. If they do make it, I hope its to proper scale. But since its a playset, I have real doubts about them making this.

DarkJedi5
01-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Not to mention the bridge is a pretty boring part of a Star Destroyer.

JediTricks
01-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Ugh, I hope this is a mistake, or they're talking about a smaller version or something. The Turbo Tank sucks, I have the Titanium Series version and Transformers version, they're both woefully boring. I've railed against this concept for a while now, so if it's true, it's a waste.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Ugh, I hope this is a mistake, or they're talking about a smaller version or something. The Turbo Tank sucks, I have the Titanium Series version and Transformers version, they're both woefully boring. I've railed against this concept for a while now, so if it's true, it's a waste.
Sweet, more for me then. :D

I've wanted this beast since I saw it in ROTS and I'm SO glad it's finally coming. Now I just need to find space for it! :dead:

And I'm glad we're getting this as opposed to another AT-AT. The old one is perfectly fine.

JediTricks
01-16-2009, 04:45 PM
You saw it in ROTS? I guess you don't blink. ;)

The AT-AT is legendary, it's visually representative of Star Wars almost as much as the TIE Fighter or X-wing. Making that would be a safe bet, and a fun one. Another box on wheels would be a joke - "oh boy, I want the Star Wars bus!"

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-16-2009, 04:52 PM
I know that the AT-AT is iconic and all that, but we already have two in the modern line (with the last one released just over two years ago). I, personally, would rather see all-new vehicles than newer versions of older ones (except in some cases, but we already have the revamped Falcon, X-wing, and TIE Fighter). I just think the current AT-AT is fine.

JediTricks
01-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Repaints of a 26-year-old mold don't really count as separate entries in my book. And I like how you admit the AT-AT is iconic, the same class as the X-wing and TIE Fighter, then go on to say there are exceptions like the Falcon, X-wing, and TIE Fighter, yet all of a sudden the AT-AT no longer fits in that club. :crazed: And finally, I'd like to say that the current AT-AT is pretty lackluster, it's small for what it is, inaccurate, and doesn't have much play potential.

DarkJedi5
01-16-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm with JT on the AT-AT, any vehicle still using a majority of the vintagte sculpting is in dire need of a redo. The X-Wing has gotten it, the Falcon (of course), even the TIE fighter has seen a more accurate wing, even the B-wing and A-wing have been freshened up lately. Why not the AT-AT?

mtriv73
01-16-2009, 05:54 PM
What do you want to bet they just announce the Turbo Tank at toy fair and say nothing else about another possible one until comic-con?

bigbarada
01-16-2009, 08:21 PM
I hope the Turbo Tank isn't the only large-sized vehicle slated for 2009. I have feeling it's going to tank in the market (no pun intended :cross-eye ) and thus kill any chances of see more large-sized vehicles.... like an AT-AT.

Other than doubling as a storage case, I don't see much use for the Turbo Tank.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-16-2009, 09:50 PM
I still don't have a large AT-AT, only Titaniums and Action Fleet. The last release was a TRU exclusive, and we don't have one here anymore. I guess I didn't feel like ordering it since I believe it had an Endor deco to it. I'd rather get a plain one that works better in a Hoth scene.

I agree that the Turbo Tank is kind of boring. With space to put these things becoming scarce at my place, I might pass on it. A Hoth AT-AT I probably would get, and a Sail Barge I definitely would get. The latter would be a good place to display/store a lot of figures.

bigbarada
01-17-2009, 03:33 AM
I've been pretty outspoken about how much I dislike the current AT-AT toy. I think I've described it as looking like a "freakishly malproportioned robot dog" on more than one occasion. The head's too big and elongated from top to bottom, the body is too small and just doesn't have the feel of those intimidating and majestic Imperial Walkers that we saw on the screen.

Even as a kid, I loved the AT-ATs but always thought the toy didn't represent it very well. So, I'm 150% in support of an all-new AT-AT toy.

pegger
01-17-2009, 08:43 AM
I've been pretty outspoken about how much I dislike the current AT-AT toy. I think I've described it as looking like a "freakishly malproportioned robot dog" on more than one occasion. The head's too big and elongated from top to bottom, the body is too small and just doesn't have the feel of those intimidating and majestic Imperial Walkers that we saw on the screen.

Even as a kid, I loved the AT-ATs but always thought the toy didn't represent it very well. So, I'm 150% in support of an all-new AT-AT toy.

I would buy a BMF AT-AT. (Also a BMF AT-ST). It is my favorite Imp vehicle (along with the TIE bomber...)

jedibear
01-17-2009, 09:54 AM
Considering that those two large-scale vehicles did pretty well over a holiday shopping season that broke records for being one of the worst ever, I hope Hasbro sees that these vehicles will receive the customer and retailer support that they need to make the projects worthwhile.

I haven't picked up the BMF yet, but I did get th AT-TE and think it's great.

I would jump at the chance to pick up a re-tooled AT-AT if it had the same effort put into it as the BMF....

Not so hot on the Turbo Tank....it's cool but it just doesn't have a distinct enough look as a vehicle to me (wheels? How...ordinary ;)), but I hope it's successful enough for them to spur them into doing the AT-AT...

DarkArtist
01-17-2009, 12:13 PM
oh i hope the rumor of the Turbo Tank is real. this better not be an april fools joke by hasbro. well i guess we will know in about 3 weeks if they show it

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-17-2009, 12:41 PM
oh i hope the rumor of the Turbo Tank is real. this better not be an april fools joke by hasbro. well i guess we will know in about 3 weeks if they show it
It's not a rumor or a joke; it was published in the Toy Fair preview guide.

neosapian77
01-17-2009, 01:08 PM

Yes we definatly need a new AT-AT toy with a better sculpt and more storage capacity.

neosapian77
01-17-2009, 01:14 PM
It's not a rumor or a joke; it was published in the Toy Fair preview guide.

O man I can't wait to see pics.

Tycho
01-19-2009, 02:48 AM
I'm going to get the new Turbo Tank for my Kashyyyk diorama. But I'm also going to sit on it and ride the Turbo Tank around my place like a kiddie's roller toy. It'd be even sweeter if you could attach pedals to it so you can ride it like a Big Wheel! Yeee-Haw! I'm a Clone Trooper, Mom!

Dark Marble
01-20-2009, 11:13 AM
Actually I think the turbo tank has a great shot at doing well. Kids are really into the new cartoon and for christmas that is what made the AT-TE fly off the shelves. It will have electronics probably and lots of places to interact with figures and this bad boy will roll over other vehicles. It will be a no brainer for the kids.

If a newer AT-AT comes up it will be for the OT fans more than for the kids. Also most likely it will have that hefty $150 price tag. In the end no matter how it gets argued the two vehicles will be essentially the same, giant troop transports on the market at the same time. If this happens I believe the turbo tank will have the edge being more mobile, having more playability, and it will be cheaper.

DarkJedi5
01-20-2009, 11:51 AM
I disagree I think head to head the AT-AT would have the advantage. It's from the OT which means that it appeals to not only the younger Star Wars crowd but I believe it would do far better with "classic" collectors. The AT-AT is recognizably Star Wars, the Turbo Tank is far less so.

However, after seeing the images that popped up yesterday of the Nikto guard from Jabba's Sailbarge, I really can't help but wonder what's going on there. I know it's just a prototype, but why show the figure holding that canon that mounts on the rail of the sailbarge? I don't assume that Hasbro would let the prototype image go if it included something they didn't intend to release with the actual figure and yet look at the base of the weapon, it's a half circle. There's not tripod for it it just hangs there... asking, begging, pleading for a sailbarge to clip to. Maybe it's just me but I remember us asking Hasbro point blank about the BMF and they kept telling us it wasn't coming or it wasn't coming this year and then the photos leaked and they had to fess up. Is it possible that everytime we ask about the sailbarge and they say no it's for this exact same reason?

Tycho
01-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Yes, I hope they are secretly planning on releasing Jabba's sailbarge but they are denying it for the time being.

You are correct that they kept denying a new Millennium Falcon until pictures finally leaked.

I think that they even made this Nikto character is awesome! The rest could be coming! AND we have the sarlaac now (though I'm not really down for buying THAT and prefer to make my own, thank you).

neosapian77
01-20-2009, 05:57 PM
Yes, I hope they are secretly planning on releasing Jabba's sailbarge but they are denying it for the time being.

You are correct that they kept denying a new Millennium Falcon until pictures finally leaked.

I think that they even made this Nikto character is awesome! The rest could be coming! AND we have the sarlaac now (though I'm not really down for buying THAT and prefer to make my own, thank you).

Man a Sail Barge would be great and I so want to buy the Sarlacc Pit. Also I hope they'll re-release a new Jabba the Hutt figure.

The idea of the Turno Tank is great, I'll be there first day to buy it, though when is Hasbro going to come out w/ the droid gunship? or more droid battle packs. I have a hefty clone army but a crummy droid army.:(

Tycho
01-21-2009, 12:15 AM
Hey: if we can ride our Turbo Tanks we can have like a SirSteve's soapbox racer competition if we just find a steep hill. I know the perfect street right down here in San Diego by Qualcomm Stadium.

That'd be great fun - a bunch of us speeding downhill firing plastic missiles at each other! Yeee-Haw!

Maradona
01-21-2009, 12:43 AM
Given the preponderance of clearanced BMF sightings this month, I hazard to say we are a year away from racing to Targets to add low priced Turbo Tanks to our collections.

Dark Marble
01-21-2009, 10:59 AM
600th post...wow I don't post all that often.

That is interesting because around my neck of the woods the Falcons and the AT-TEs were all gone before Christmas. None of them made it to clearance here. Maybe what we will hear is that the $100 price range seems to work and the $150 range is a bust.

Honestly if I had not been able to sell some of the extras in my collection I would not have been able to pick up the Falcon at all. $150 is three to four waves of figures and about a quarter to half of my Star Wars figure collecting for the year. I could see getting one big $100 vehicle a year but I hope the more expensive ones are an exception rather than the rule.

bigbarada
01-22-2009, 12:41 AM
Yeah, the BMFs and AT-TE's were completely sold out around here before Christmas. Even more impressive is that my Wal-Mart got a new shipment of 10 Falcons about a month before Christmas and they still sold out in a little over 3 weeks.

JediTricks
01-23-2009, 09:13 PM
However, after seeing the images that popped up yesterday of the Nikto guard from Jabba's Sailbarge, I really can't help but wonder what's going on there. I know it's just a prototype, but why show the figure holding that canon that mounts on the rail of the sailbarge? I don't assume that Hasbro would let the prototype image go if it included something they didn't intend to release with the actual figure and yet look at the base of the weapon, it's a half circle. There's not tripod for it it just hangs there... asking, begging, pleading for a sailbarge to clip to. Maybe it's just me but I remember us asking Hasbro point blank about the BMF and they kept telling us it wasn't coming or it wasn't coming this year and then the photos leaked and they had to fess up. Is it possible that everytime we ask about the sailbarge and they say no it's for this exact same reason?Wishful thinking. Those cannons were also seen on the skiffs, so it's probably to attach to the skiff railing.

They didn't actually deny the Falcon after '06, it just wasn't asked that much, take a look, this is the only answer where they didn't sidestep the whole thing...
Aug 17, '07:

JediInsider.com: If you had the opportunity to re-design the Millenium Falcon toy from scratch, what is one thing you would want to incorporate that was not on the original toy?
Hasbro: Hah - that's a great question. While there were a variety of responses from our team when questioned, the #1 answer seems to be room in the cockpit to fit four figures and actual smuggling compartments. Sorry, that's two things, but we can always dream, can't we?
This next one is the only thing that looks like a denial, but is actually a misdirect, they never say here that they aren't working on one, just that they didn't foster the hope...
April 4th, '08:

ThePrivateUniverse.co.uk: A few fan sites have been touting alleged pics of the rumoured Millennium Falcon re-do. Do pics exist? Can we see them? Is this just wishful fan-boy thinking - or is the product actually in development / production?
Hasbro: The pics that we could see - all based on wishful thinking - were of previous model kits or Code 3 product. We have not done anything to encourage hope that a new Millennium Falcon is in the works.
Other than that, since '07 began it's been basically "no comment" until the pics hit. But at no point during the roughly 18 months of development of the BMF did they ever lie and say it was something they weren't gonna do the way they have with the Sail Barge.

You are correct that they kept denying a new Millennium Falcon until pictures finally leaked.Geez Tycho, wrong as ever. :p

DarkJedi5
01-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Alright, well this might be nit-picking, but on the prototype's cannon, the clip at the end of the stand is circular in shape. I just checked my skiff and the top of the skiff rail is flat. If the cannon were designed for the skiff why design it to be circular? Wouldn't it be more clearly designed to fit snuggly on the skiff rails?

JediTricks
01-23-2009, 11:45 PM
IMO, you're overthinking it, it's meant to clip onto a tooling from 25 years ago, they'd want maximum gripping and integrity which a C shape would achieve better than a square shape, and would allow for mold variance. Maybe I'm wrong about the whole thing, but I suspect you're looking into more than what's there, it's a semi-obscured image of an unfinished prototype.

Tycho
01-24-2009, 04:03 AM
I am only wrong when I am incorrect. :thumbsup:

Obsession is Nute
01-25-2009, 07:06 PM
I think kids might go for the Turbo Tank. I remember as a kid, anything with wheels, that I could scoot along the floor was awesome in my book. I love the AT-AT, but it the legs were really difficult to work with.

I would like to see a brand-new, AT-ST. It seems to appear more frequently in the SW Galaxy. That is just my thoughts on it.

Bib Un-Fortuna
01-26-2009, 10:14 AM
Okay boys & girls - this is popping up all over the place, so . . .

http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=26&d=1232943201

Mmmmm . . . launching speeder bike. Yummy.

DarkJedi5
01-26-2009, 12:05 PM
I'll be curious to see how it launches the speeder and if the BARC speeders I already own will be compatible.

JediTricks
01-26-2009, 02:33 PM
The artistic rendering of this makes it look stubby, shorter (front to back, not top to bottom) than it should be.

That's weird how the front crows nest isn't extended up, I can't imagine them doing this vehicle without that feature.

I wonder if they're recycling the flywheel BARC toy for this, seems easier than launching a wheelless speeder and easier than making a new one.

pegger
01-26-2009, 02:51 PM
Looks drastically unscaled too. There is one "reference shot" here (http://www.snowtroopers.ca/forum/index.php?topic=19197.0) - where it looks like the box isn't much bigger than the ARC fighter....

DarkJedi5
01-26-2009, 03:36 PM
From what I have been reading the dimensions of the box are about 18" wide by 10" high. That would suggest to me that pegger is right, this baby is gonna way smaller than it probably should be. I would rather the thing be bigger and skip the launching speeder (cause I'm more for scale than gimmicks) and like jt said, where's the crow's nest? I'm pretty disapointed so far since this is one vehicle I was looking forward to. I guess I'll have to wait and see what Toy Fair brings.

JediTricks
01-26-2009, 03:53 PM
"Smaller than it should be"??? This vehicle dwarfs the AT-AT in the canon, so the toy would have to be the size of a sofa to be the "size it should be". However, as for toy sizes, it looks like it's smaller than the AT-TE, is that unreasonably small? I dunno, it's already way out of scale from necessity, but how much toy do you guys want from this thing? My guess is that launcher gimmick is going to eat up a lot of interior space underneath, and the rest will be a box on wheels. If it's 3/4 the size of the AT-TE, we're talking about something a bit bigger than the Republic Gunship, which makes it kid friendly but not imposing.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-26-2009, 04:34 PM
I'm glad to know it's coming for sure, but I'll reserve judgment until seeing actual pics. Who am I kidding - of course I'm gonna get this! :D

Here (http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/f/f7/JuggernautROTS.jpg) it is in ROTS for scale reference. Also, it looks "stubby" here as well, and the picture on the box reflects that. I didn't expect it to be completely in scale; I'm just glad to have it.

As for the other stuff - another ARC-170? Hell, I barely have room for the three I have. It looks to be an Imperial variant though, which would be cool. But I'd rather have an Imperial V-wing. I might skip the Anakin with can-cell since I already have the individual parts, but we'll see.

pegger
01-26-2009, 04:46 PM
This vehicle dwarfs the AT-AT in the canon, so the toy would have to be the size of a sofa to be the "size it should be".

That would be a cool sofa...if somewhat uncomfortable...

DarkJedi5
01-26-2009, 04:58 PM
By that, I meant as big if not larger than the AT-TE. For this vehicle to turn out smaller that a vehicle it is supposed to "dwarf" would be disappointing, yes.

JediTricks
01-26-2009, 05:03 PM
Here (http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/f/f7/JuggernautROTS.jpg) it is in ROTS for scale reference. Also, it looks "stubby" here as well, and the picture on the box reflects that. The pic you link to doesn't even show the entire side, it looks stubby because you can't see anything of the upper half beyond its midline. The box art on the other hand does show all that, even if it is at an angle. It's a big difference.

The toy version's art looks way different from that movie photo, the front end and windows specifically.

By that, I meant as big if not larger than the AT-TE. For this vehicle to turn out smaller that a vehicle it is supposed to "dwarf" would be disappointing, yes.Then prepare to be disappointed.

Snowtrooper
01-26-2009, 05:48 PM
There is something not quite right with the wheels. It seems like the they are smaller or not quite placed right on the vehicle. The movie pic kind of reminds me of a huge SUV or HUMVEE with massive wide tires. The box art doesn't convey that. I'll reserve judgement for when I see actual pics. Dont' get me wrong, I'm still pleased we're getting this vehicle.

It'd be sweet if each wheel had independent suspension. It would look awesome running over things. Probably unlikely that it has this feature.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-26-2009, 05:56 PM
The pic you link to doesn't even show the entire side, it looks stubby because you can't see anything of the upper half beyond its midline. The box art on the other hand does show all that, even if it is at an angle. It's a big difference.

The toy version's art looks way different from that movie photo, the front end and windows specifically.
For more reference, here (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/7/7a/Jugprofile.jpg) is the digital model (the front is on the left side). The perspective on both the ROTS shot and the toy box are weird, but the toy art looks fine (as we know that the toy itself could still be drastically different anyway). It's just at a different angle from the ROTS shot.

As to the scale itself, the speeder bike image seems to almost be in scale if slightly large, but again, it's just art so we don't know for sure.

There is something not quite right with the wheels. It seems like the they are smaller or not quite placed right on the vehicle. The movie pic kind of reminds me of a huge SUV or HUMVEE with massive wide tires. The box art doesn't convey that. I'll reserve judgement for when I see actual pics. Dont' get me wrong, I'm still pleased we're getting this vehicle.
It looks that way in the ROTS shot, too, but it's just perspective.

JediTricks
01-26-2009, 06:02 PM
I know what it looks like. That ref shot is surprisingly similar to the SW Transformers version, actually, so I guess the alt mode on that toy is "right". Of course, that bodes poorly for this TCW toy (except in your eyes), because the width to length is all wrong, and the midsection is very squat (look at the difference from the front end to the midpoint gun or that round thing on the side just beneath that).

I don't see how you can claim the BARC speeder is almost to scale.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-26-2009, 06:43 PM
I know what it looks like. That ref shot is surprisingly similar to the SW Transformers version, actually, so I guess the alt mode on that toy is "right". Of course, that bodes poorly for this TCW toy (except in your eyes), because the width to length is all wrong, and the midsection is very squat (look at the difference from the front end to the midpoint gun or that round thing on the side just beneath that).

I don't see how you can claim the BARC speeder is almost to scale.
Look, you can tell me I'm wrong all day long, but as I've said ninety thousand times, we have no idea what the actual thing will look like so this back-and-forth is irrelevant.

Look at the ROTS shot and the clones next to it (maybe those are Wookiees; I can't tell). The characters are a little shorter than half the height of a wheel. The BARC speeder is floating off the ground, so the trooper's head would be slightly taller than half the height of a wheel (the second-to-last wheel). But, again, the perspective seems to be fudged and I can't tell where they want the speeder to be.

pbarnard
01-27-2009, 12:58 PM
But is anyone shocked that Hasbro compromised scale to make it? Those that are need to get over the 30 odd years that Kenner/Hasbro have done it.

DarkJedi5
01-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Scale relative figures is one thing, but if it turns out to be smaller than the AT-TE that will bothers me. I'd even be okay with the same size. For me, there's just something about setting them side by side and have the AT-TE be the bigger one... it would get to me.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-27-2009, 07:36 PM
I barely saw the tank in the movie, so I'm not even sure what it's scale is supposed to be without analyzing those pictures and looking it up on Wookieepedia. I wasn't too enthused about this vehicle to begin with, but the pictures of that box actually have me kind of excited to get it. It comes with a speeder bike and a clone, so that adds something to it. If it has room to put a bunch of clones, that will make it quite useful. Overall, it looks like something that might appeal to kids as well.

Tycho
01-27-2009, 08:27 PM
I want them to come out with racing tracks so we can race our Turbo Tanks!

They should also make a Turbo Tank Wash that the clone troopers could drive their tanks in to.

What would be awesome is a Turbo Tank City with elevators up to a parking garage!

JediTricks
01-30-2009, 02:00 PM
Look, you can tell me I'm wrong all day long, but as I've said ninety thousand times, we have no idea what the actual thing will look like so this back-and-forth is irrelevant.Hence we're discussing the art, which is somewhat representative of the product within. Geez!

Look at the ROTS shot and the clones next to it (maybe those are Wookiees; I can't tell). The characters are a little shorter than half the height of a wheel. The BARC speeder is floating off the ground, so the trooper's head would be slightly taller than half the height of a wheel (the second-to-last wheel). But, again, the perspective seems to be fudged and I can't tell where they want the speeder to be.The characters are a little higher than the 1/3rd point on the wheels in the ref shot you provided. I'd say the BARC is about 75% bigger than it should be, but I guess you can call that somewhat close to scale.

Scale relative figures is one thing, but if it turns out to be smaller than the AT-TE that will bothers me. I'd even be okay with the same size. For me, there's just something about setting them side by side and have the AT-TE be the bigger one... it would get to me.
It's a good possibility. If you're lucky, it'll look the same size because the AT-TE is a much more tapered shape which will make the upper half look smaller.

bigbarada
01-30-2009, 04:44 PM
I just hope that this Turbo Tank is not the only large sized vehicle that we're getting in 2009. Unless it's really prominent in the cartoon, I don't see it doing as well as the AT-TE or the Falcon and that could likely spell doom for any other large-sized vehicles to come.

However, the simple fact that no leaked information of another large-sized vehicle is being reported makes me think that the Turbo Tank is it.:( By this time last year, we already had leaked photos of both the AT-TE and Millenium Falcon.

DarkJedi5
01-30-2009, 05:38 PM
Really? I thought they were almost able to keep it under wraps until ComicCon? Maybe not.... Or maybe they just learned from last year's leaks?

bigbarada
01-30-2009, 05:56 PM
Really? I thought they were almost able to keep it under wraps until ComicCon? Maybe not.... Or maybe they just learned from last year's leaks?

You might be right, I rechecked the old threads and it seems that the first images of the Millenium Falcon didn't show up until April 2008. But I seem to recall some leaked rumors about it before then.

Tycho
01-31-2009, 05:40 AM
If they do a Classic with a Prequel, then I'm really wondering as to whether the sailbarge might actually happen in spite of Hasbro's official denials. They denied the Falcon, too. And now we have the sailbarge gunner figure coming out with a portable cannon and nothing to clip it on to.

DarthQuack
01-31-2009, 07:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FigFWc7NFUQ

Maradona
01-31-2009, 12:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FigFWc7NFUQ

...what's funnier is that he's guy is a governor.

DarkJedi5
01-31-2009, 01:21 PM
it's not all that funny in my state.... he even got reelected

DarthQuack
01-31-2009, 02:13 PM
hahaha....great responses

Tycho
01-31-2009, 06:00 PM
And look what happened to making funding for education a priority in the state of California.

bigbarada
01-31-2009, 07:11 PM
If they do a Classic with a Prequel, then I'm really wondering as to whether the sailbarge might actually happen in spite of Hasbro's official denials. They denied the Falcon, too. And now we have the sailbarge gunner figure coming out with a portable cannon and nothing to clip it on to.

I thought JT had already covered the fact that Hasbro never actually denied that a new Millenium Falcon was coming out?

Don't forget they also released a Slave Leia with a Sail Barge Cannon back in 2001.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-31-2009, 07:18 PM
I thought JT had already covered the fact that Hasbro never actually denied that a new Millenium Falcon was coming out?

Don't forget they also released a Slave Leia with a Sail Barge Cannon back in 2001.And it was also released with the Skirmish at Carkoon battle pack in 2004.

Tycho
01-31-2009, 08:06 PM
The real bottom line is that I just want a sailbarge for my figures and I don't think I care about any other issue that might be attached to that (projected revenue against costs, etc.)

Snowtrooper
02-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Rumor over at RS is that it will be a new, larger AT-AT. But at this point, its just rumor.

DarkJedi5
02-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Say this from the Q&A over at Imperial Shipyards:

Q: I would like to know if there are any OTC ships (especially TESB) planned for Legacy this coming year?

A: There are no new brand-new OTC ships scheduled for '09, but there are going to be some dynamite exclusive versions of classic vehicles if the schedules hold. We'll have more information on those at Comic Con.

So what qualifies "brand-new"? Was the BMF a "brand-new" Falcon or or just a new "version"? I expect this means out right no Sailbarge (sniff) and not new AT-AT either. Just a few repaints of X-Wings, Y-Wings, and TIE Fighters or something.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-01-2009, 02:25 PM
I thought they were developing a Snowspeeder in a new mold, but I don't know if that was ever finalized or anything. It'll probably at least be Wedge's X-wing or something like that. And I doube they'd do a new AT-AT as an exclusive, but who knows.

bigbarada
02-01-2009, 02:54 PM
Well, Hasbro has always chosen their words carefully when answering these questions, so maybe a remake of an existing vehicle would not be considered a "new brand-new OTC ship." :confused:

Maybe they are only referring to OT vehicles that have never been made in toy form before; but (aside from a few speeders and capital ships) how many of those are really left?

JediTricks
02-01-2009, 02:58 PM
If they do a Classic with a Prequel, then I'm really wondering as to whether the sailbarge might actually happen in spite of Hasbro's official denials. They denied the Falcon, too. And now we have the sailbarge gunner figure coming out with a portable cannon and nothing to clip it on to.Didn't I *just* debunk that whole "they denied the Falcon" thing?!? (The answer, by the way, is "yes, Tycho's claim is total bunk". :p ) The gun clips onto the skiff railing. You know, the skiff, the thing they just rereleased???

Rumor over at RS is that it will be a new, larger AT-AT. But at this point, its just rumor.It helps that Hasbro actually told us that'd be the one they'd like to do next.

Say this from the Q&A over at Imperial Shipyards:

Q: I would like to know if there are any OTC ships (especially TESB) planned for Legacy this coming year?

A: There are no new brand-new OTC ships scheduled for '09, but there are going to be some dynamite exclusive versions of classic vehicles if the schedules hold. We'll have more information on those at Comic Con.

So what qualifies "brand-new"? Was the BMF a "brand-new" Falcon or or just a new "version"? I expect this means out right no Sailbarge (sniff) and not new AT-AT either. Just a few repaints of X-Wings, Y-Wings, and TIE Fighters or something.It means like the B-wing and A-wing from last year, repaints and minor retoolings.

I thought they were developing a Snowspeeder in a new mold, but I don't know if that was ever finalized or anything. It'll probably at least be Wedge's X-wing or something like that. And I doube they'd do a new AT-AT as an exclusive, but who knows.Exactly 1 year ago today, they gave us this answer:
SSG: The Snowspeeder has only been an exclusive item in the past two releases for it where prior releases were regular mass-retail. Why the exclusivity and accompanying higher pricepoint on this vehicle? If it's due to its somewhat large size compared to other vehicles, could it be scaled down to accurate proportions (since it is actually a little over scale as-is) and released in the $20 line?
Hasbro: Because of the size and greater cost, it has not been possible to get the existing Snowspeeder into the $20 vehicle pricepoint. You and your readers have been instrumental in the past in championing for a "true to scale" version and for this reason we have held off at using it in more exclusives. We have heard you....and are looking at ways to bring a new one to market within the next couple of years. Stay tuned!
And on Sept 5th of last year, this is the most recent answer about it:
JediTempleArchives.com: The new Snowspeeder pilot figures are quite cool. When might we be able to expect a new Snowspeeder vehicles for these guys? The rebel Snowspeeder seems long overdue for an update like the X-Wing and TIE Fighter have been treated to. Can our new Rogue Squadron rebel pilots expect some new rides before long? And if so, can we expect such a Snowspeeder to be offered at the $20 vehicle price point?
Hasbro: We are working on a new Snowspeeder, but it's taking longer than we hoped to fit it into the line. It would not be in 2009 in any case, and we agree with you that it would be a good basic vehicle for the $19.99 lineup if we can get the beastie to cost out.

You know, I'm still kinda surprised Hasbro's doing the Turbo Tank. If this is buffering a cartoon appearance, it must be a ways off because it hasn't made a significant appearance yet. Granted, the AT-TE hasn't had much show support lately, but it was part of the "movie".

bpr2
02-07-2009, 03:25 PM
I didn't see anyone mention this...but if you look at the Nikto picture in the upper right corner they are talking about several figures. The first is a new Slave Leia, it mentions the upcoming one will have swivel wrist and insert-molded ankles. Could this be the definitive Slave Leia we have been looking for? One that can lay out on Jabba's dias? It will be interesting to find out.
The other two figures are a new Luke (Lucasfilm approved the prototype) and Lumyia. She comes with an alternate head. It also looks like they have to clean-up her headdress and reduce it's muzzle. Maybe this is part of a comic two-pack? It's interesting to see notes on how the production process is coming along.

DarkJedi5
02-07-2009, 08:59 PM
I didn't see anyone mention this...but if you look at the Nikto picture in the upper right corner they are talking about several figures. The first is a new Slave Leia, it mentions the upcoming one will have swivel wrist and insert-molded ankles. Could this be the definitive Slave Leia we have been looking for? One that can lay out on Jabba's dias? It will be interesting to find out.
The other two figures are a new Luke (Lucasfilm approved the prototype) and Lumyia. She comes with an alternate head. It also looks like they have to clean-up her headdress and reduce it's muzzle. Maybe this is part of a comic two-pack? It's interesting to see notes on how the production process is coming along.

The discussion about the Insider article is in this thread (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=39749). But yeah, I can't wait to see what else rolls out at Toy Fair! A week from tomorrow....

bpr2
02-08-2009, 03:42 AM
The discussion about the Insider article is in this thread (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=39749). But yeah, I can't wait to see what else rolls out at Toy Fair! A week from tomorrow....

Thanks for the update. I should have searched the forums a little more. I'm liking the slave Leia figure. Since Hasbro seems to deny things, maybe we will see a Jabba w/dias. Or she will just have to sit on the floor, lol.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-11-2009, 08:57 PM
As seen on RS . . .

STAR WARS CLONE TURBO TANK

(Approximate Retail Price: $99.99; Ages: 4 & up; Available: Fall 2009)
The next generation of STAR WARS fans are being introduced to the STAR WARS galaxy via the must-see animated series STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS airing on Cartoon Network. As a follow-up to the popular AT-TE vehicle that topped Christmas lists in 2008, the CLONE TURBO TANK is an enormous field vehicle from the animated series, designed to transport up to twenty clone troopers (sold separately) into battle. The TURBO TANK features electronic sounds, running lights, phrases from the animation, a hidden, launchable speeder bike and a removable command center.

DarkJedi5
02-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Lookin forward to this weekend....

JediTricks
02-12-2009, 03:19 AM
After eyeballing Tycho's AT-TE again at his place last night, he had it on the table sans legs, and it's a little smaller than I remembered it, I'm not surprised this Turbo Tank is the same price anymore, it's probably going to be about the same size. What surprises me though is how much smaller the AT-TE is than the Pirates of the Caribbean Black Pearl which is half the price.

DarkJedi5
02-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Did the Pearl have any lights/sounds/electronic parts? I don't know anything about it but I could see Hasbro using those features to justify the price.

Tycho
02-13-2009, 02:23 AM
JT: I forgot - do you own the Black Pearl?

It looked to me like it was a great toy. What do you think?

Battle Droid
02-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Small loose pic here,

http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=11547

JediTricks
02-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Did the Pearl have any lights/sounds/electronic parts? I don't know anything about it but I could see Hasbro using those features to justify the price.The Pearl has electronic sounds and lights.

JT: I forgot - do you own the Black Pearl?

It looked to me like it was a great toy. What do you think?I do indeed own the Pearl, and it's a fantastic toy, tons of fun. It has lots of places for battles, plenty of fun features, great detailing (the interiors are not as detailed tho'), and fantastic accessibility. It makes for a marvelous display.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Wow, it's a little inaccurate, but it's completely awesome!!! :D

And I like how even the photographer can't figure out which end is the front. :p

Devo
02-15-2009, 10:47 AM
Not buying it but I must say it looks like a really cool toy. I think that should compensate for any lack of recogniseability given the vehicle was only in the film for about 3 seconds!

Tycho
02-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Do you hook a cell phone up to it? What's that cord and phone doing in the pictures?

Add an MC Hammer ringtone to the TurboTank?

DarkJedi5
02-16-2009, 01:36 PM
Hey, I saw this (http://www.rebelscum.com/TF2009/Hasbropanel/image10.asp) battle pack and I was wondering... it looks like those missle launchers are supposed to clip on to the Turbo Tank but I can't see where and they look pretty CW so is my Turbo Tank complete without them?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Hey, I saw this (http://www.rebelscum.com/TF2009/Hasbropanel/image10.asp) battle pack and I was wondering... it looks like those missle launchers are supposed to clip on to the Turbo Tank but I can't see where and they look pretty CW so is my Turbo Tank complete without them?
I'm sure you'll be fine without that set; it looks to be just added fun.

DarkJedi5
02-16-2009, 06:22 PM
On the other hand, if anyone wants to trade real clones for the toonish ones that come with the set, I'm down. I'll have the toony Turbo Tank clone to trade away too....

jediguy
02-16-2009, 06:34 PM
On the other hand, if anyone wants to trade real clones for the toonish ones that come with the set, I'm down. I'll have the toony Turbo Tank clone to trade away too....

I will trade you real clones for the toon clones

DarkJedi5
02-16-2009, 06:45 PM
Alright I'll let you know when I have them in hand some time in August....

JediTricks
02-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Do you hook a cell phone up to it? What's that cord and phone doing in the pictures?

Add an MC Hammer ringtone to the TurboTank?
It's not a phone, it's a folding pair of speakers. Most of the electronic toys are too quiet to get over the din, so they amplify them.

As for where those guns from the battle pack go, there are a few large holes on the fold-down midsection doors and the command post doors and the empty aft which seem to serve no purpose, perhaps 1 of the legs pegs into that.

El Chuxter
02-17-2009, 09:19 PM
It'd be cool if the Turbo Tank doubled as an iPod dock.

Tycho
02-17-2009, 10:42 PM
Actually, I thought that maybe you could download the TurboTank's sound effects to your phone for ringtones or whatever.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-18-2009, 12:41 AM
It'd be cool if the Turbo Tank doubled as an iPod dock.
Someone could eventually do it as a mod, as with the old Falcon somebody turned into a CPU (or rather filled with one).

Snowtrooper
02-25-2009, 11:54 PM
Thought this was kind of interesting. BBTS has the Turbo Tank listed as coming in April. I thought the release date wasn't going to be until fall. Seriously doubt this is going to show up in April, but it would be sweet if that was the case.

darthbooger
02-26-2009, 12:21 AM
How did this star destroyer playset rumor get started? Does it have any sort of legitimate basis?:cross-eye

Mad Slanted Powers
02-27-2009, 10:12 AM
Thought this was kind of interesting. BBTS has the Turbo Tank listed as coming in April. I thought the release date wasn't going to be until fall. Seriously doubt this is going to show up in April, but it would be sweet if that was the case.

Entertainment Earth is now showing it as coming in May.

Ando
02-27-2009, 11:16 AM
Entertainment Earth is now showing it as coming in May.

I saw that. Now I believe the spring release date.

I wonder if this means we'll get another couple of cool big toys for late summer/early fall for Christmas?

darthbooger
02-27-2009, 01:04 PM
Its all a conspiracy gentlemen,a conspiracy.:ninja::ninja::ninja:

darthbooger
02-27-2009, 01:07 PM
conspi....will someone please spellcheck that.:mad:

Devo
03-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Got the AT-TE - eventually - at full retail price Hasbro :yes: - I will probably buy the Turbo tank for its coolness as a toy, though I won't be interested in creating any kasshhyk scenes from ROTS because they blew. I'll load it with AOTC clones and pretend it was in the Geonosis battle.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-03-2009, 12:36 AM
Got the AT-TE - eventually - at full retail price Hasbro :yes: - I will probably buy the Turbo tank for its coolness as a toy, though I won't be interested in creating any kasshhyk scenes from ROTS because they blew. I'll load it with AOTC clones and pretend it was in the Geonosis battle.
For any comics people, you could also use it for Maridun scenes with Janek Sunber and the Amanin, as it was also featured (albeit backwards) in the comic featured in that pack (among other places, but that one is fairly fresh in my mind). Apparently there are two models of Turbo Tanks - the huge one in ROTS and another smaller one, which is actually at about the scale of the toy.

DarkJedi5
03-03-2009, 10:23 AM
And with those Amanamin comic packs starting to hit Walmarts, I was gonna army build the Amanamin for just that scene. I don't really need any more Clone Wars vehicles, at least not until the seps even things out a bit.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-10-2009, 10:20 PM
This thread should be moved into the Clone Wars section.

Anyway, I was listening today to the audio of the Toy Fair panel. Mark Boudreaux (or however it's spelled) designed this ship and came up with the interior by himself. When Dave Filoni and the TCW guys saw it, they loved it and decided to use that as the ship's interior on the show! I thought that was pretty cool. I wonder how different it will be given the scale difference.

wawe1
03-21-2009, 11:38 AM
TURBO TANK? More like Turbo Stank.

This thing is gonna bomb.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Apparently, someone in the UK found this already. The pictures show that the box is a little smaller than that of the AT-TE; there are no loose pictures, but still . . .

Ando
05-15-2009, 01:10 PM
August 1st (we'll see...)!

Can't wait!

Moldy Crow
05-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Apparently, someone in the UK found this already. The pictures show that the box is a little smaller than that of the AT-TE; there are no loose pictures, but still . . .
I'm excited about the CTT. I looked up the picture you mentioned, sort of shocked to see it that much smaller than the AT_TE box. http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=ImageBank&file=index&id=92541 I hope it will be cheaper too. Can't wait to see loose comparison pictures of the AT-TE and Turbo Tank.

Tycho
05-16-2009, 03:40 PM
There's no chance it will be cheaper.

The real reason: Hasbro has invested a good deal of money into new molding and marketing for something that will take up good shelf-space at retailers (did you know Hasbro pays "rent" for their product placement in Target, Wal-Mart, TRU, etc?)

And the box might be smaller, but I don't think the TurboTank is smaller than the AT-TE. They're probably about the same size. The package for the AT-TE had to be bigger because of allowing for space to pack in its legs.

The smartalek reason I was going to post: bringing the CTT to your planet will not be cheaper as the war has been very costly to the Republic. With his new authority as Galactic Emperor, Palpatine will be raising taxes, thus making the stationing of advanced assault vehicles like this one in a position to protect your home - is going to cost.

Obsession is Nute
05-16-2009, 04:30 PM
TURBO TANK? More like Turbo Stank.

This thing is gonna bomb.

TURBO STANK LOLOL!!! Good stuff.

I won't be buying this vehicle, alas. Room is becoming an increasing concern for my collection. I only buy the vehicles that are personal favorites. With that said I am very excited for the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid, the Vulture Droid, the THX Fighter Tank, and large Tri-droid are on my list of must-buys!

I should probably do some spring cleaning and make room for them! (:

As far as the TT goes, I think it COULD be a big seller. I remember as a kid, anything with wheels that I could scoot along the floor with was on the top of my wish list. However, they need to make the TT more prominent in the cartoon series if they want kids to go crazy for it. As far as I remember, this thing only had a few seconds in ROTS and showed up in the comics and that was it.

Moldy Crow
05-18-2009, 05:58 PM
There's no chance it will be cheaper.

The real reason: Hasbro has invested a good deal of money into new molding and marketing for something that will take up good shelf-space at retailers (did you know Hasbro pays "rent" for their product placement in Target, Wal-Mart, TRU, etc?)

And the box might be smaller, but I don't think the TurboTank is smaller than the AT-TE. They're probably about the same size. The package for the AT-TE had to be bigger because of allowing for space to pack in its legs.

The smartalek reason I was going to post: bringing the CTT to your planet will not be cheaper as the war has been very costly to the Republic. With his new authority as Galactic Emperor, Palpatine will be raising taxes, thus making the stationing of advanced assault vehicles like this one in a position to protect your home - is going to cost.
It seems to be smaller and does not have the complicated electronics of the AT-TE, it takes up less space on the shelf too, I think that could make it cheaper. I don't understand what you mean by "rent" from the stores though.

Tycho
05-19-2009, 07:15 PM
It seems to be smaller and does not have the complicated electronics of the AT-TE, it takes up less space on the shelf too, I think that could make it cheaper.

It does have electronic sound effects. Perhaps you mean that it doesn't have light-up parts? I'm not sure, but you may be right.

I don't understand what you mean by "rent" from the stores though.

Big toy companies like Mattel and Hasbro rent space at retailers when they want to make grand marketing displays for their products. That's why Hot Wheels are usually on a different isle than Star Wars, Marvel, GI Joe, Transformers, for example.

If Target buys a product line, for example, Disney's Toy Story stuff, they can put it where they want to. But if Playmates Toys wants to have that huge entry-way display for their Star Trek and Terminator toylines, they create those displays and rent space at Toys R Us to set that up (as Hasbro did for the July 26 release of Clone Wars last year). Meanwhile, in the regular toy isles, Target, Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, etc. can rent specific locations to prominently display certain product lines. For Star Wars especially, this has paid off as a good investment for Hasbro.

If you attend conventions like Comic Con, or meet with the marketing reps when they're at your local retailer, you can confirm this directly from someone authorized to speak for the company. This is one more way the toy business works and has been in place since way before 1995 and the return of Star Wars with this modern collection.

TheRealDubya
05-30-2009, 11:04 PM
It does have electronic sound effects. Perhaps you mean that it doesn't have light-up parts? I'm not sure, but you may be right.

I think (maybe?) he meant it doesn't need to self-propel -- maybe complicated mechanics would have been more accurate.

I could see it being $79.99-$89.99. It's kind of just a big hollow box on wheels with a sound chip inside.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-30-2009, 11:51 PM
I could see it being $79.99-$89.99. It's kind of just a big hollow box on wheels with a sound chip inside.With a removable command center and a launching speeder bike.

TheRealDubya
05-31-2009, 01:31 PM
With a removable command center and a launching speeder bike.

Right -- I was just simplifying. It has very cool features, but not ground breaking engineering.

I think I'll get this and the Y-Wing this year, and V-19 if I can ever find one.

darthbooger
05-31-2009, 02:22 PM
A buddy of mine said the Turbo is suppose to have a "hydraulic feature" in the crows nest like the AT-TE did with the back doors ,but i dont know if this is true :thumbsup:

mtriv73
06-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Yak face says it's available now from TRU.com. It is listed as shipping in 2-3 days on their website. It may be a mistake on TRU part but if you want one earlier go check it out.

darthbooger
06-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Hasbro Rep said the Turbo was released today from their warehouses, so I guess that means its on its way to retailers.

Ando
06-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Hasbro Rep said the Turbo was released today from their warehouses, so I guess that means its on its way to retailers.

Awesome. EFFING awesome.

I will have to start hitting the local TRU and Target stores at lunch time in the next few weeks.

Snowtrooper
06-01-2009, 07:42 PM
Yak face says it's available now from TRU.com. It is listed as shipping in 2-3 days on their website. It may be a mistake on TRU part but if you want one earlier go check it out.

Unless its a glitch in their system, it won't allow you to add it to the cart, saying that its unavailable.

Ando
06-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Unless its a glitch in their system, it won't allow you to add it to the cart, saying that its unavailable.

I just tried it to confirm this post and this is indeed the case.

BOO.

darthbooger
06-01-2009, 11:03 PM
I just tried it to confirm this post and this is indeed the case.

BOO. Typical skynet dooky, but I do believe Hasbro when they said it was in their warehouses. They are the most anal people on the planet besides the IRS, so it wont be too long till it hits stores.:yes:

Ando
06-02-2009, 11:32 AM
And now it's showing out of stock on their website.

darthbooger
06-02-2009, 11:56 AM
Thats the quote I meant to post Ando,oops sorry.:cross-eye

Tycho
06-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Yeah, well Taco Bell has the Turbo-Fart in stock today! :D

It's only available along with a meal purchase.

darthbooger
06-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Yeah, well Taco Bell has the Turbo-Fart in stock today! :D

It's only available along with a meal purchase. And we all know you ordered one for yourself and one for the "nobody else sees her but me" girlfriend Tycho lollolj/klollolmaybe lollol

Tycho
06-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Nope. There is no girlfriend at the moment. Not even an invisible one. (I think)

But that should make sense in light of here being a guy posting about the Turbo-Fart, right? :D

darthbooger
06-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Nope. There is no girlfriend at the moment. Not even an invisible one. (I think)

But that should make sense in light of here being a guy posting about the Turbo-Fart, right? :D Or you could have one like I do and want to hide from her all the time :D:D

Tycho
06-03-2009, 12:41 AM
Or you could have one like I do and want to hide from her all the time :D:D

Then DO NOT get married or conceive children with her.

(I've not been married or had a child either, but while I love the ladies, I've seen what's happened to friends who got way too deeply involved with theirs.)

darthbooger
06-03-2009, 01:10 AM
Then DO NOT get married or conceive children with her.

(I've not been married or had a child either, but while I love the ladies, I've seen what's happened to friends who got way too deeply involved with theirs.) I planning on cloning any offspring in Bacta tanks.:ninja:

darthbooger
06-03-2009, 01:14 AM
Oh and by the way the UPC# for the turbo is little 6-5356942437,little 6 :thumbsup:

Ando
06-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Looks like the price for the Turbo Tank on TRU's website has gone down to $99.99 each.

DarkArtist
06-17-2009, 02:53 PM
when do you think we will se this at retail though. looking forward to getting one to display alongside the AT-TE and have a gunship flying overhead

darthbooger
06-17-2009, 05:10 PM
Who knows? Hasbro has said it has been shipped to all major retailers but no one has actually seen it yet. :ninja:

DarkJedi5
06-17-2009, 07:07 PM
Reports are coming in that the tanks have hit stores. It seems no one here has spotted one yet but if Hasbro shipped them out on the first they should be hitting any day now.

Ando
06-17-2009, 07:10 PM
I got an email from Brian's Toys showing that they are now IN STOCK so we should be seeing them in the two weeks or less (hopefully).

Which is good because I am thoroughly bored by seeing the SAME stuff warming the pegs and shelves week after week.

darthbooger
06-17-2009, 08:30 PM
I called Brians Toys today and was told they wouldnt be in stock for two more weeks, but this is typical of a shady business like Brians Toys. :tired:

Tycho
06-18-2009, 04:35 AM
I thought this was not supposed to arrive until August.

But it'll be cool to get it earlier I guess.

I'm going to open it up and roll it around and play with it.

I'm not just a nerd. I'm a professional nerd with over 30 years of practice!

Snowtrooper
06-18-2009, 06:50 PM
BBTS has it listed as in stock for $119.00. Kinda pricey plus I'm sure the shipping wont be cheap for it. But if you have to have it right away, it might be a place to check out.

Ando
06-22-2009, 07:16 PM
I just got a call from a local independent toy store here in Portland...

I'll be picking up my Turbo Tank tonight after work.

Tycho
06-22-2009, 08:18 PM
Wow. You must then post TONIGHT on how cool it is, what your thoughts are!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-23-2009, 12:55 AM
What!!! Too cool! Yes indeed, post your thoughts (and maybe some pics)!

Ando
06-23-2009, 10:52 AM
Unfortunately I left my camera at the office last night, so I don't have any pics yet (we don't have a computer at home, either)...

First of all, I will say this: I love it! And I think the KIDS are gonna love it. I think Hasbro did a great job with it (yes, there are things that I would have done differently), but this is a really neat toy that won't get the initial bad press that the AT-TE got due to the legs.

Right out of the box, this is a really easy to assemble toy. There are six SMALL and very inconsenquential decals that are all on the inside, so you can practically discard them.

The wheels snap right on and in no particular order, there are 2 little doors that need to be attached, 8 (EIGHT!) missiles (2 more than the BMF and 1 more than the AT-TE), and a speeder bike that slots in and locks in the undercarriage facing out the rear.

There are 5 buttons on the top with multiple phrases and sounds. There's a big button in the front that launches the speeder bike (and makes speeder bike sounds!). One of the button turns the Tank engines (and 4 little head lights) on and revs the engine.

Going back to the missiles, they have GREAT range and the pop out missile pods at the front are a really cool design.

I loaded mine with some Kashyyyk troopers (new version + the old biker scout repaints from the Saga 2 series) + the Delta Squad from the Republic Commando game/gift set.

Overall, this is a great toy. It's right up there with the AT-TE and hopefully will sell thru and encourage Hasbro to make more big vehicles. If you're one of the people who is willing to spend the money on this, then you will love it.

Any questions?

Tycho
06-23-2009, 01:08 PM
[FONT=Courier New]Any questions?

Will I have to wait until August, like what was originally stated, to buy this from Target or Wal-Mart at retail?

That would be a bummer. You make me want it now!

I can't wait to see your pictures!

Ando
06-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Will I have to wait until August, like what was originally stated, to buy this from Target or Wal-Mart at retail?

That would be a bummer. You make me want it now!

I can't wait to see your pictures!

I am not sure what the timeline will be for Target, TRU, or WM. The Target DPCI is 087-06-0538 (FYI). All I know is that the store I bought it at got a bunch of them in yesterday and I was the first person he called.

Hopefully they will be turning up VERY soon. I've been seeing more and more of the new packaging/colors at various chain stores but only on the basic light saber toys and the Saga Legends.

I will try to remember my camera tonight and take some shots of it for everyone to see.

Tycho, you will love this toy.

Ando
06-24-2009, 10:48 AM
Here are some pics of the Turbo Tank as requested by JJL and Tycho.

Tycho
06-24-2009, 12:49 PM
That is cool! I loved seeing Quinlan Vos in the crow's nest tower - just like in the Republic comics!

Ando
06-24-2009, 12:53 PM
That is cool! I loved seeing Quinlan Vos in the crow's nest tower - just like in the Republic comics!

That was my inspiration -- the comic that came with Vos and Faie in the comic 2 pack!

Here are a few more pics...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-24-2009, 03:46 PM
Wow, thanks for the pics! The interior is sweet! The entire thing is about 50% as big as it should be, but I'm happy with how it look so far anyway.

Ando
06-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Wow, thanks for the pics! The interior is sweet! The entire thing is about 50% as big as it should be, but I'm happy with how it look so far anyway.

You're welcome!

I have a feeling that this will probably be better received by parents and kids than collectors, especially with the ease of assembly over the AT-TE.

I read lots of negative AT-TE reviews from parents due to the leg issue(s). I had the same problems, but I fixed mine within a week and grew to love the beast enough to buy up as many as I could find that were on sale.

The TT is a snap to put together, so Hasbro got that right for sure. And if we've learned anything by collecting Star Wars and watching the movies, size/scale is a pretty relative thing.

DarkJedi5
07-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Has anyone other than Ando found this? Seems like it should be on shelves by now but I worry that Transformers are eating up extra space right now on the shelves. Last year in my area the BMF and AT-TE got endcap placement but right now TF gets like three in my local Target.

Devo
07-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Was shocked to see this in my local today here in Ireland. I had no idea this thing was due out now. Not sure if I will pick it up afterall though. I just hate ROTS and this thing looks particularly toy-like. Not one bit of painted weathering on that thing at all is there? Oh I miss POTF2.

Still no sign of the ESB wave though which is what I was looking for. Nothing but the classic Legacy pegwarmers, Clone wars animated, saga legends and transformers.

Tycho
07-09-2009, 01:25 AM
Last year, the BMF and AT-TE didn't hit until July 26, during Comic Con. I remember it vividly because I bought mine with CrunchyNug and opened it with JediTricks.

Right now it's July 8th.

My Toys R Us has restocked the AT-TE and Big Millennium Falcon - probably about 6 and 4 of each respectively. I was surprised to see these out in the stores again.

They have a huge isle for Star Wars. The only other thing on it is Playmates Star Trek - but only about 1/4 of it.

The front of the store is a huge Transformers headquarters department. I think it's "Diego Garcia" from the movie (that island that serves as the Autobot's base of operations).

GI Joe has about 1/3 of the military isle.

Transformers also has about 1/4 of an isle, with Terminator next to it for about a 1/8 spot.

DarkJedi5
07-09-2009, 09:15 AM
Well the BMF had a hard street date that was the 26th. Hasbro said that this was sent to the distribution centers back at the start of the month. I'm just wondering how long does it take the average Target/Walmart/Toys R Us to get something like this from its DCs to the stores. I mean, there shouldn't be sell through issues because it's brand new product. In Tycho's case where they just restocked with BMFs and AT-TEs (either of which I haven't seen in months in m area) then maybe they're trying to get rid of the last of those...?

JediTricks
07-09-2009, 06:15 PM
On this one, the larger shelf footprint is going to make it a slow shipper until stores make enough dedicated space for it. I would expect it's in distribution centers waiting for green lights from stores or regional management.

Phantom-like Menace
07-14-2009, 02:26 AM
My wallet weeps. I think I'm limiting myself to one of these. I got two AT-TEs, and two AT-ATs, but with my day job jerking me around, a possible car purchase on the horizon, and my life on indefinite hold, I just can't justify the expense.

sonofsokol
07-24-2009, 11:47 PM
I just picked up a Turbo Tank at a Toys R Us here in Salt Lake City!!!

My wife said we could get it if she could wrap it for my birthday which is a month away, so I haven't opened it yet, but I have it in my basement closet, just waiting... What a pleasant suprise

DarkArtist
07-27-2009, 11:40 AM
I just picked up a Turbo Tank at a Toys R Us here in Salt Lake City!!!

My wife said we could get it if she could wrap it for my birthday which is a month away, so I haven't opened it yet, but I have it in my basement closet, just waiting... What a pleasant suprise

that's an awesome wife. my wife did that for me with BMF and AT-TE. got the BMF for my birthday and then the AT-TE for Christmas.

still have yet to spot the Turbo Tank at retail. looking forward to adding it to the collection

Ando
07-27-2009, 12:15 PM
I just received an email from TRU that these are back in stock (online)...

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3535391 (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3535391)

Tycho
07-30-2009, 04:37 AM
My Target will have the TurboTank this morning. They open in 5 1/2 more hours.

DarkJedi5
07-30-2009, 06:42 PM
Got excited and checked my local Target too. Nothing.

Tycho
07-31-2009, 12:44 PM
I got the vehicle today and will open it shortly.

My nearest Target did not get theirs, or employees bought them.

I had it put on hold for me at another local store, and drove there at about 8:30 am to pick it up.

It would seem each Target only gets 2 of these in at a time. Ask a customer service team member to look up the DCPI and locate it at another store for you. Then take the DCPI number to customer service and have them phone and hold it for you at the store which has the item. It will save you from driving on a hunt when you don't need to be.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-01-2009, 12:37 PM
I picked this baby up at a Target yesterday. It rocks! There are a lot of really cool features here. The Support Squad pack works well with it, even though the pegs are squarish while the peg holes on the tank are round. I think it's just as well done as the AT-TE was. There are a lot of pre-applied stickers with Aurebesh on them . . . later I'll check and see what they say.

All in all, it's awesome.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Just got one at Target today as well. Haven't opened it yet. I didn't notice them having the support squad pack there, but I did see the other deluxe ones (Can Cell, Crab Droid, Battle Droid & Tank, and Clone & Speeder Bike). I passed on those for now. The Clone & Bike and possible the Battle Droid & Tank are the only ones of those that I want. I'll definitely get the Clones that are meant to go with the Turbo Tank though.

DarkJedi5
08-04-2009, 12:26 AM
The Turbo Tank gods hate me. I went to three different Targets and TRUs this weekend and struck out. I was told that there were a few in stock at a Target near where I work. I even checked online before I drove over and they were listed as "in stock" and when I got there on my lunch break they weren't anywhere to be found. In fact I asked a customer service person and they said that they believed that they had been stolen by a now former employee. Swear to God! How do you steal TWO Turbo Tanks? I even hit two Walmarts on the way back to work and nothing again. I may find one someday yet but it's getting frustrating....

DarkArtist
08-04-2009, 10:58 AM
The Turbo Tank gods hate me. I went to three different Targets and TRUs this weekend and struck out. I was told that there were a few in stock at a Target near where I work. I even checked online before I drove over and they were listed as "in stock" and when I got there on my lunch break they weren't anywhere to be found. In fact I asked a customer service person and they said that they believed that they had been stolen by a now former employee. Swear to God! How do you steal TWO Turbo Tanks? I even hit two Walmarts on the way back to work and nothing again. I may find one someday yet but it's getting frustrating....

don't feel so bad...I'm in the same boat as you. have yet to see it anywhere besides pics of happy people with it. best yet all the stores by me are saying either they haven't ordered it yet or it's on backorder from hasbro or they have no idea what i'm talking about.

Tycho
08-04-2009, 12:41 PM
I finally opened mine last night. It's pretty cool.

The sound system in it is not as loud as my AT-TE, but the TurboTank is a fun toy.

It's not bigger than the AT-TE. As I expected, they are roughly the same size.

It pretty much closes up tightly so you can't see who's aboard. This works for me since I mainly wanted it for my Kashyyyk diorama and therefore I won't really need to purchase any clones to put on board it. I could put a Quinlan Vos or Commander Faie figure in the crow's nest tower though.

I may also have the speeder bike out and display it on Utopau. Not sure.

I thought I'd be really excited to get this but I think Hasbro finally making large vehicles I wanted with the AT-TE last year was the biggest treat for me.

Now Jabba's Sailbarge could top that moment. If only...

(An MTT could work for Clone Wars, too)

DarkJedi5
08-04-2009, 11:09 PM
Hahahaha! Finally found one! After two TRUs, three Walmarts, and four Targets in two days I finally found one. The Turbo Tank gods still hate me because the first time I fired the missiles one of them ricochetted and wound up under the dishwasher.... 30 minutes later all is well. Man this is an awesome toy though. Very very pleased. And the Tank gunner fig is available for trade, pm me if you want him.

Phantom-like Menace
08-05-2009, 01:48 AM
The Toys R Us gods hate me. I really want to purchase large, expensive items like this there instead of discount retail. The Turbo Tank has been staring at me from Target's shelves for days, but I'm holding out for TRU, and they haven't put it out yet. I bought an AT-TE from Target, but that was only because I was getting two, and I figured TRU would just have to wait for me to buy the second one since they hadn't put it out yet.

Plus, in an unrelated note, I really want to buy the Marvel Universe Spider-Man three-pack from them, and I've missed it the one time it was put out. Damned Toys R Us gods . . . Um, I mean oh wise and just Toys R Us gods I'm in no way trying to placate for better luck.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-08-2009, 04:24 PM
So, I was at Target today looking at the Star Wars section, and there were a couple kids looking at the other side of the aisle. I grabbed a Jabba's Palace Battle Pack, and shortly after one of the kids turned and noticed the Clone Attack on Coruscant Battle Pack behind it and thought that was cool. Then he saw the Turbo Tank and thought that looked cool as well, but then he said, "but it only has one guy, that sucks."

Tycho
08-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Then he saw the Turbo Tank and thought that looked cool as well, but then he said, "but it only has one guy, that sucks."

TurboTank by Hasbro with "one guy:" = $99.99

New and Improved TurboTank by Hasbro with "two guys:" = $107.99

Buying the TurboTank and a carded Clone Trooper to add to it: = $107.99 :rolleyes:

Mad Slanted Powers
08-08-2009, 05:18 PM
TurboTank by Hasbro with "one guy:" = $99.99

New and Improved TurboTank by Hasbro with "two guys:" = $107.99

Buying the TurboTank and a carded Clone Trooper to add to it: = $107.99 :rolleyes:
Yeah, but the Clone Attack on Coruscant has FIVE guys!

This all just proves my theory: Most kids are stupid.

Tycho
08-08-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm not sure how to take that.

However, buying the TurboTank and 5 more guys = MORE THAN

Buying the TurboTank for a DIORAMA of the Battle of Kashyyyk and closing all the friggin doors and windows so you don't need ANY GUYS WHATSOEVER

= ONE SMART KID :p

I do not have the ability to "play" with my turbotank. When it goes behind glass, even the batteries will be removed from it.

However, I will have a lot of Wookiees, 41st Clone Battallion Scouts, and Battle Droids around it, plus Yoda, Luminara Undulli, Quinlan Vos, and Commanders Gree and Faie.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Yeah, I felt like saying something about how cool it is even though it "only" has one guy with it. However, I've not opened mine to experience it yet. If the kid already had some clones, the tank would be great to have.

DarkJedi5
08-08-2009, 11:44 PM
The day I bought my tank I was walking out of Target with it and some kid was yammering at his mom on and on and then saw me walk by with the tank and just said "Whoa" but like Neo from the matrix. Also when I was carrying it from the car up to the apartment some kid was walking by with his dad saying he needed some new Star Wars toys. Once he saw the tank in my hands his eyes darn near pop out of his head. I have a feeling this thing will have legs come the holiday season.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-08-2009, 11:51 PM
I have a feeling this thing will have legs come the holiday season.As long as they don't fall off like the AT-TE. Which they won't, because this one has wheels instead.

Phantom-like Menace
08-10-2009, 12:27 AM
The Toys R Us gods hate me. I really want to purchase large, expensive items like this there instead of discount retail. The Turbo Tank has been staring at me from Target's shelves for days, but I'm holding out for TRU, and they haven't put it out yet. I bought an AT-TE from Target, but that was only because I was getting two, and I figured TRU would just have to wait for me to buy the second one since they hadn't put it out yet.

Plus, in an unrelated note, I really want to buy the Marvel Universe Spider-Man three-pack from them, and I've missed it the one time it was put out. Damned Toys R Us gods . . . Um, I mean oh wise and just Toys R Us gods I'm in no way trying to placate for better luck.

The TRU gods have thrown me a bone. They finally had the Turbo Tank Friday, and I picked one up. I had a busy weekend, so I haven't been able to do more than simply put it together, and I haven't even put any clones on it, though it seems pretty neat. I was going to bring it to work tonight to take some pictures, but I didn't feel like digging out my clones, which are buried in my room. Maybe later this week, though.

Still no MU three-pack, though.

Bainreese
08-10-2009, 01:30 AM
So, I was at Target today looking at the Star Wars section, and there were a couple kids looking at the other side of the aisle. I grabbed a Jabba's Palace Battle Pack, and shortly after one of the kids turned and noticed the Clone Attack on Coruscant Battle Pack behind it and thought that was cool. Then he saw the Turbo Tank and thought that looked cool as well, but then he said, "but it only has one guy, that sucks."

My son is the same way. He specifically chooses his Star Wars Legos vehicles in order to get the most clones in them. It's funny but something that probably a lot of kids look for. Hasbro should take note.

Scackmgackm
08-12-2009, 04:45 PM
I have this still in the box from Target, unopened, not sure if I am going to keep it. I have a feeling it's just going to sit on a shelf right next to the AT-TE, last years' $100 Clone Wars item, which pretty much just sits on the shelf.

The scale seems off on the Turbo Tank, kind of like the old school Millennium Falcon or the AT-AT. It just feels wrong. The AT-TE is also off but doesn't feel so obviously so.

To be honest, part of the problem is that I'm running out of clones to stick in these things.

Tycho
08-12-2009, 05:08 PM
To be honest, part of the problem is that I'm running out of clones to stick in these things.

Do you need them? I'm a diorama builder, so with the TT all closed up like it is in the movie, I don't need anyone on board to fill my Kashyyyk scene with the TT. Once it's behind glass, who's going to know if there's no one home behind the wheel?

I think it's a cool novelty to have as well. I also think the scale is probably as good as we are going to get with the TT or AT-TE. If Hasbro goes super-large on any re-make, the AT-AT is the most likely contender.

Ji'dai
12-30-2009, 09:59 AM
So, Turbo Tank owners... is this vehicle a good value at $50?

sonofsokol
12-30-2009, 10:11 AM
Ji'dai
At $50 I almost bought a second one. This price seems like a steal for this item. My 4-year-old has played with it with his Galactic Heroes almost every day since I got it for my birthday in August. Sure, I am a little ticked that I paid $100 for it when I bought it and now its $50, but I don't regret buying when I did. I like it more than that AT-TE (which I did get for $50) because it is a lot more sturdy. If my 1 year old walks into the same room as the AT-TE the legs fall off, but I have found him sitting on the Turbo Tank several times without any damage. He does pop the doors off, but they are made to pop off so its no big deal. They love driving it around the house. It really is a great toy.:thumbsup:

I would definately buy one if you don't already have one. If I hadn't just spend a small fortune on Christmas presents, I'd have bought another.:yes:

DarkArtist
12-30-2009, 10:41 AM
where are you guys finding these at $50 a pop.... i still want one.. all the stores by me still have it at $99

sonofsokol
12-30-2009, 10:49 AM
They were $50 at Walmart here in Utah.

borisfan84
12-30-2009, 02:02 PM
I was able to pick up 14 at $49.98 at our surrounding Wal-Marts here in Middle Tennessee. I also found 13 Legacy At-St for $21.98.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-30-2009, 07:19 PM
I think they were $50 at Wal-Mart here as well. They had some up front by the entrance.

Maradona
12-30-2009, 08:16 PM
If the Turbo Tanks follow the pattern of the AT-TEs from 2008, next summer they'll be on sale at TRU for $49 every few weeks. I think the AT-TEs were seen as low as $29 at Ross or Marshalls earlier this fall.

JediTricks
12-31-2009, 05:22 PM
I like it more than that AT-TE (which I did get for $50) because it is a lot more sturdy. If my 1 year old walks into the same room as the AT-TE the legs fall offIf you contact Customer Service there, they will send you a replacement set of legs which are quite sturdy.

Ji'dai
12-31-2009, 10:56 PM
Ji'dai
At $50 I almost bought a second one. This price seems like a steal for this item. My 4-year-old has played with it with his Galactic Heroes almost every day since I got it for my birthday in August. Sure, I am a little ticked that I paid $100 for it when I bought it and now its $50, but I don't regret buying when I did. I like it more than that AT-TE (which I did get for $50) because it is a lot more sturdy. If my 1 year old walks into the same room as the AT-TE the legs fall off, but I have found him sitting on the Turbo Tank several times without any damage. He does pop the doors off, but they are made to pop off so its no big deal. They love driving it around the house. It really is a great toy.:thumbsup:

I would definately buy one if you don't already have one. If I hadn't just spend a small fortune on Christmas presents, I'd have bought another.:yes: Thanks for the review. I went ahead and picked one up today. I figure it's a lot of vehicle for $50, plus it comes with a figure and another vehicle (the speederbike) I don't have (which is currently being offering in the Deluxe line for $16).

I could never bring myself to get the AT-TE, even on sale. I'm not a big fan of the vehicle and the quality issues about the legs put me off. I have three LEGO ones though, which I got for $25 each.

Does that Deluxe Turbo Tank support crew's cannon actually snap onto the Tank somewhere? If so, I might pick one up next time I see it.

If the Turbo Tanks follow the pattern of the AT-TEs from 2008, next summer they'll be on sale at TRU for $49 every few weeks. I think the AT-TEs were seen as low as $29 at Ross or Marshalls earlier this fall. Unless Hasbro learned their lesson from the AT-TE market saturation and lowered the production numbers on the Turbo Tank so there are not as many clogging their vendor's shelves or warehouses. Otherwise, what you've said might be true.

sonofsokol
01-01-2010, 11:55 AM
If you contact Customer Service there, they will send you a replacement set of legs which are quite sturdy.

I have the new legs on it already... Even they can't withstand the wrath of a 1 year old. He has just snapped them off so many times even the new legs have stopped staying on well... maybe I should try getting another new set.

Does that Deluxe Turbo Tank support crew's cannon actually snap onto the Tank somewhere? If so, I might pick one up next time I see it.

There are a small round holes on the doors that fold down (as seen here (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TCW/VEH/CloneTurboTank/TCW-1932.jpg) and of the ones near the middle of the tank) as well as on the base with the back part taken off (seen here (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TCW/VEH/CloneTurboTank/TCW-1921.jpg)). However, the cannons that come in the packs have square pegs, but they fit if you twist them in with some gently applied pressure.

sonofsokol
01-01-2010, 12:07 PM
I decided to take some pics:

autumnsdescent
01-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Knowing the special price on the turbo tank, I have spent the last few days scouring walmarts across Indianapolis and everyone seems to be sold out. I found a lone turbo tank at a Target yesterday... still priced $99.99.

With the successful sell-off of this vehicle at $50 at walmart, I'm guessing that if you find one at that price you'd better pick it up. I don't think these will be around much longer.

Ji'dai
01-01-2010, 04:23 PM
There are a small round holes on the doors that fold down (as seen here (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TCW/VEH/CloneTurboTank/TCW-1932.jpg) and of the ones near the middle of the tank) as well as on the base with the back part taken off (seen here (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TCW/VEH/CloneTurboTank/TCW-1921.jpg)). However, the cannons that come in the packs have square pegs, but they fit if you twist them in with some gently applied pressure. I decided to take some pics: Square pegs for round holes.. nice job Hasbro! Accessory and figure compatibility issues are another reason I don't buy Hasbro vehicles any more. I see from your pics how the cannons fit onto the tank now. I may pick up that tank crew since I could use more basic Clones anyway. Thanks for taking those pics, I appreciate that!

TheDarthVader
01-01-2010, 07:14 PM
I found two at $50, but I passed. Too big...I have no room. I may go back and see if the AT-ST is marked down though. :D

Maerj2000
01-01-2010, 10:53 PM
I searched the second Wal Mart on my list today and did find the $49.99 Turbo Tank! I used the $5 off coupon and got a pretty good deal, I think. Its sitting next to the AT-TE right now and looks great.

I couldn't find any marked down AT-STs at any of the Wal Marts I've been too. The Evolution sets are all $12 but I still haven't found the one with the Republic Commandos.

At a Target I found one of those super saver 2 packs and it had the new Slave Girl Leia in it! I was so happy to find it as its the first time I saw that figure. Seems funny they'd put it in a 2 pack like they want to get rid of it. Had I seen it on the peg by itself I probably would have bought two of em.

Also, Hasbro claimed that they destoryed the Rancor Keeper figures and some others? I call BS on that, there were a bunch of them on those budget 2 packs. They weren't destroyed. they've been paired up and basically given away. I don't really care what they do what them but why lie about it?

sonofsokol
01-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Square pegs for round holes.. nice job Hasbro! Accessory and figure compatibility issues are another reason I don't buy Hasbro vehicles any more. I see from your pics how the cannons fit onto the tank now. I may pick up that tank crew since I could use more basic Clones anyway. Thanks for taking those pics, I appreciate that!

No problem... my boys were excited to get the star wars toys out anyway:thumbsup:

nohagent
01-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Here in the SF bay area I have found no commando sets either, however i went skiiing last week and up in RENO NV, The walmarts were busting at the seams with commando sets

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Also, Hasbro claimed that they destoryed the Rancor Keeper figures and some others? I call BS on that, there were a bunch of them on those budget 2 packs. They weren't destroyed. they've been paired up and basically given away. I don't really care what they do what them but why lie about it?
Well, they never said that. They recalled and destroyed Yarna, the Organas, Pons Limbic, and (I think) Trinto Duaba and Wioslea. This was all done before the Malakili wave ever hit stores.

JediTricks
01-04-2010, 04:58 PM
I have the new legs on it already... Even they can't withstand the wrath of a 1 year old. He has just snapped them off so many times even the new legs have stopped staying on well... maybe I should try getting another new set. Well, the bottom line is that it's not a riding toy. :p They are designed to pop off before they permanently fail, so if your lad is assaulting them, they will always come off. If you are just setting the vehicle down and they're popping off though, contact Hasbro again and tell them you got a dud set of legs - mine stay on like a champ.

Square pegs for round holes.. nice job Hasbro! Round holes for non-round pegs is pretty standard operating procedure for Hasbro, it allows for stuff like twist-in/twist-out play, and it's just cheaper sometimes. As long as the parts fit at the corners, it shouldn't be a problem.

Also, Hasbro claimed that they destoryed the Rancor Keeper figures and some others? I call BS on that, there were a bunch of them on those budget 2 packs. They weren't destroyed. they've been paired up and basically given away. I don't really care what they do what them but why lie about it?They didn't lie about anything, you just have the wrong figure in mind. They pulled back and destroyed several '08 figures, the Malakili Rancor Keeper figure didn't come out until months later and hasn't been pegwarming yet so no reason to pull it back, much less destroy it. They pulled back Bail & Breha Organa, Yarna, Ak-Rev, and the '08 Cantina Aliens, and even still, you will find some stores where the product hadn't been properly pulled due to various reasons beyond Hasbro's control.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Well, the bottom line is that it's not a riding toy. :p They are designed to pop off before they permanently fail, so if your lad is assaulting them, they will always come off. Also, the toys usually say ages 4 and up.

sonofsokol
01-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Well, the bottom line is that it's not a riding toy. :p They are designed to pop off before they permanently fail, so if your lad is assaulting them, they will always come off. If you are just setting the vehicle down and they're popping off though, contact Hasbro again and tell them you got a dud set of legs - mine stay on like a champ.

I appreciate that Hasbro designs a lot of things to "break" before they actually break. The doors on the Turbo Tank are a great example how they snap off before you would crack/break any hinges. The legs on my AT-TE stay on just fine when not in combat against my younling.

I am very impressed with the sturdiness of the TT. My little one has used it as a riding toy and it is no worse for the wear.

Ando
01-05-2010, 12:46 PM
I am very impressed with the sturdiness of the TT. My little one has used it as a riding toy and it is no worse for the wear.

Same here! My 1 1/2 year nephew loves to climb on and ride it around.

He's probably been doing that a lot with the one we gave his older brother for Christmas.

morpheus282
01-06-2010, 10:04 AM
If my 7 year old gets wind that someone has been using the turbo tank as a riding toy, she'll try it. I really don't think it could hold up to that.