PDA

View Full Version : 5D6-RA-7 - the droid with two left feet

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-17-2009, 09:04 PM
I finally opened my wave 3 figures and put the droid together, but noticed that his stance was a little off. A few days later, I realized that it's because the part included with the Yaddle & Even Piell set had the proper right upper leg with the incorrect left lower leg part. I noticed this when I saw the stamp on his feet was the same on both, and then that his feet are the same; my MB-RA-7 is fine.

So, I guess you really need to inspect these droid parts.

JediTricks
01-19-2009, 09:05 PM
Wow, that's lousy! I haven't heard anybody else report this, but could be oversight. And what is Hasbro consumer dept. gonna do for this? Not much, I can bet you. Find the part at Target, see if you can exchange it.

Hmm, actually, I think that's how the one on RS's photos is as well, so it may be a standard error:
http://www.rebelscum.com/TLCBAD5D6RA7.asp

Still lousy!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-19-2009, 09:19 PM
It's hard to tell in those pictures, since it somehow actually looks like it's correct in some shots but wrong in others. For the correct one, the added "stripe" on the foot should be facing outward on both feet.

I doubt I'll be able to find it, but I'll be on the lookout. It only comes with the Yaddle & Even Piell set and the Battle-Damaged Vader figure, both of which are gone from the stores now (at least around here). I might call their customer service, but they'll probably not know what's going on or think I'm trying to get a free droid part without buying the figure or something. We'll see.

JediTricks
01-23-2009, 08:00 PM
It was hard to tell in those pictures until I noticed that the same copyright molding appears on the bottoms of both feet.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-23-2009, 08:42 PM
I sort of see what you are talking about, but the feet don't look the same. It doesn't look right, but it doesn't look like it is the same foot on both legs.

JediTricks
01-23-2009, 11:01 PM
Eh, what can ya do?

jediguy
02-18-2009, 03:04 PM
I guess I'm lucky because both of mine are just the way they should be

Mad Slanted Powers
02-18-2009, 08:15 PM
I think both the silver and black RA droids that I have seem to have this issue.