PDA

View Full Version : German on Motorcycle Review

Engineernerd
01-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Alright, I managed to pick up a German on a motorcycle on clearance. I had some mixed thoughts on this figure that you can read about on his figure here:

http://www.tvandfilmtoys.com/reviews/german_motorcycle.asp

Enjoy!
Engineernerd

JediTricks
01-18-2009, 12:54 PM
Wow, came down pretty hard on this one. Surprised really, although it seems like you're more into military realism which would definitely detract from the bike (the bike in the movie wasn't authentic either though). I like this set, and while I agree some of the bike sculpting is soft, I don't think it's enough to really doom the set.

Engineernerd
01-18-2009, 01:49 PM
Wow, I normally think I'm pretty easy on stuff. It wasn't that it was horrible, I just wasn't as happy with it out of the package as in. I think I as frustrated by two things in general which flavored my review.

1. It was another example of the overall laziness on Hasbro's part with this line. It's like they were 10 yards from the goal line and gave up. A couple of slight tweaks to paint and sculpt and it would have went from good piece to great.

2. The end of this line. I never figured it'd be huge, but I really hoped we could have seen figures of all of the main characters from all the films. I'm not counting the Temple of Doom figures, cause I haven't seen 'em. And if I don't see 'em they don't exist (just kidding).

I did alter one sentence in the review a slight bit. The folks over at Marauder emailed me back and said the bike with side car is out of stock. They're hoping to get it back in stock in an April/May time frame.

JediTricks
01-18-2009, 02:22 PM
Well, I can't remember the last time I've seen a review from you get as low as 80/100, even some stuff you come down on pretty hard usually ends up 85/100, so from you, an 80 feels like a "D+".

I do agree that Hasbro chooses the oddest places to get cheap with the sculpting or the paint in general, though I'll reiterate that I didn't really feel it so much with this set - I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I didn't take notice of it.

Also, and pardon me for speaking out of turn, but you may want to rewrite the first 3 paragraphs under "Fun", it took me 3 passes to figure out what you were getting at. You have a misspell with "none removable" instead of "non removable", you use the word "mix" 3 sentences in a row applying to 3 different statements of value, and after that confusion you say "a great example of the downside" which is a positive inflection on a negative statement which led me to more confusion.

Engineernerd
01-18-2009, 03:00 PM
Sorry for the paragraph confusion. I think I missed hitting the save button after my read through. Only by telling me can I get better, so I take no offense at all. Sometimes I wish could just take the pictures and have some of the reviews ghost written. I had a hard time getting into this one for some reason, but it's one of the newest things I've picked up.

What I'm really lacking are Star Wars reviews. I'm getting any of the Clone Wars stuff, and that really hasn't left a whole lot of anything else that I've been interested in.

JediTricks
01-18-2009, 03:36 PM
Glad I could help, and man, what a difference that rewrite made, much clearer. I also didn't know those were tarps. :p

I know what you mean with SW, it's rough if you're not getting into the Clone Wars line - I am, but not whole hog, so I'm really enjoying it. But the regular figures are few and far between, they're nice but not "gotta get it now" anymore, they're a snore. Until the ANH wave later this month, then I'm gonna be rabid again. ;)

Engineernerd
01-18-2009, 03:52 PM
They are tarps with Ewok bodies in them.

I'd guess the back one is a bed roll, but who knows. Maybe he paints houses on the weekend.

The Jabba's Palace '08 wave was the only one I was really excited about. I'm hopeful for some of the upcoming waves, though.

In the meantime, I've found a 30th Anniversary figure I hadn't reviewed yet. So, there will be a Star Wars review sometime soon. (Actually, I found the two Cantina aliens with the round bar section as well, so they will pop up eventually.)