PDA

View Full Version : Hawthorne Village spotlights New Star Wars Collection

DarkArtist
01-18-2009, 08:24 PM
over at Rebelscum.com. Hawthorne village started a new series of Star Wars inspired Holiday Villages - first issue is the Mos Eisley Cantina with free Luke Skywalker figure - future release is a Hoth Echo Base with free Darth Vader. see pic below.

might actually start getting these. would love to have the Mos Eisley cantina in my Christmas Village diorama (also Hoth Base would look awesome hanging over the village on a mountain or something)

Slicker
01-18-2009, 10:13 PM
That's actually really neat looking. Is there a size scale for it? I would assume it's rather small (about 1/2" tall figures) but I can't really judge.

Bib Un-Fortuna
01-19-2009, 08:36 AM
That's actually really neat looking. Is there a size scale for it? I would assume it's rather small (about 1/2" tall figures) but I can't really judge.

Well, according to the magazine article, the "Mos Eisley Cantina" (which that building is not, as far as I can tell) is 7 1/4" wide & 5 3/4" tall. Hopefully the hight does not include those antenna, or we are talking about one small display. Now, if the figures are shown as they would actually appear, then they are too big for the display. If they will be to scale with the rest of the set, then they are tiny.

Also notice that the set comes with Luke Skywalker - I don't see mention of any other characters. I'd want to email them & get more info before I commit $16 a month on these. In fact, I'll do that right now.

Bib Un-Fortuna
01-19-2009, 12:15 PM
Well - they got back to me fairly quickly. I asked 3 questions:

First, do you know how big they (the figures) are?

Answer: he figurines are proportional to the building.

Second, it says that the 1st set comes with one figure - Luke Skywalker - but 4 figures are shown. Are the others included as well?

Answer: While Hawthorne Village does offer free accessories, they are not offered in a one-time shipment. Accessories are generally spread out amongst the shipments. Rest assured you will receive all accessories indicated in the original advertisement. An accessory may or may not be included with each sculpture.

Third - the height of the building is listed at 5 3/4". Does that include the "antenna" that are shown, or is it just the height of the actual building?

Answer: The size of the building is 5 3/4" not including the antenna

I dont know - I'm not sold on these yet. I'll have to see what my wife thinks of them . . .

Ji'dai
01-19-2009, 01:52 PM
I like these miniature villlage sets and this series looks promising. The problem is most of 'em will stay in the box since I can't see myself displaying them year round. Will there be ships or just structures? We've already got plenty of ships in this scale from Galoob/Hasbro.

I'm not sure what they mean by "holiday" village though. Will there be mini christmas lights, candy canes, and wreaths on the Cantina? Jack O' Lanterns in Jabba's Palace? Easter eggs hidden throughout the Ewok Village?

And will the series just be contained to the OT and not the prequels? I'd probably get a Dexter's Diner, but doubt I'd want any other sets from those films.

Blue2th
01-19-2009, 02:00 PM
I'd like to know what scale it is or close to.

I took a ruler out and put it next to my 1:32 21st Century soldiers and it looks pretty close to the scale. Maybe close to the small Unleashed line (is that 1:32?)

It's unlikely unless I'm seeing this wrong but I don't know if it's tiny enough to be Micromachine size, but that would be cool also.

I might have to get this.

The Hoth Ion cannon would be cool also, but the Shield generators looks to be out of scale.
I have all the Unleashed characters and playsets from the Hoth series, which were the only cool ones cause you got a lazer tower and a snowspeeder.
It would be cool if it matched that scale.

DarkArtist
01-22-2009, 05:39 PM
I like these miniature villlage sets and this series looks promising. The problem is most of 'em will stay in the box since I can't see myself displaying them year round. Will there be ships or just structures? We've already got plenty of ships in this scale from Galoob/Hasbro.

I'm not sure what they mean by "holiday" village though. Will there be mini christmas lights, candy canes, and wreaths on the Cantina? Jack O' Lanterns in Jabba's Palace? Easter eggs hidden throughout the Ewok Village?

And will the series just be contained to the OT and not the prequels? I'd probably get a Dexter's Diner, but doubt I'd want any other sets from those films.

i think the "holiday" tag is a generalization since this company makes holiday themed sets.

DarkArtist
10-24-2009, 10:57 AM
got my first shipment in the mail yesteday on the Mos Eisely Cantina... the set looks great and the details are really cool. the set features Luke Skywalker as the pack in figure... will post pics once I get my camera back.

bobafrett
10-24-2009, 11:33 AM
Cool, I saw those advertised in a gossip rag at work. I think it would make an interesting Christmas village if one got the entire set. Could you put something in the picture for reference size?

bobafrett
10-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Sorry, I just noticed this wasn't a new thread, I see some of the answers to my questions above. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

DarkArtist
12-15-2009, 02:37 PM
got the second set in this village... Hoth Rebel Base with Darth Vader... hoping to post pics soon, just put up the village the other day.

DarkArtist
12-18-2009, 11:49 AM
hoping to post pics of the buildings this weekend. my home internet service is done at the moment. hopefully will have pics up late Sunday night