PDA

View Full Version : Clone Trooper Rankings

Darth Nobody
01-18-2009, 11:32 PM
Got a question that i'm hoping someone can answer. Does Captin Rex out rank the Clone Commanders. Like Bly, Cody, Gree, and etc. Plus Rex is in the 501st correct. How's the Commander of them at this point in the war. Thanks guys

Darth Jax
01-19-2009, 12:44 AM
link (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_Army_of_the_Republic) to organizational data on GAR. (simple answer is that the clone commanders outrank the captains).

Slicker
01-19-2009, 01:24 AM
It's just weird that almost the entire structure is correct until they get to Commander. The others are all Army/Marine ranks but Commander is a Navy rank. It should either be Colonel or even General and just eliminate the Commander rank by having the differing Generals (Brigadier, Major, and Lieutenant).

Bel-Cam Jos
01-19-2009, 11:27 AM
It's just weird that almost the entire structure is correct until they get to Commander. The others are all Army/Marine ranks but Commander is a Navy rank. It should either be Colonel or even General and just eliminate the Commander rank by having the differing Generals (Brigadier, Major, and Lieutenant).Perhaps the Emperor was not as informed as the Emperor thought...

Lord Malakite
01-20-2009, 01:52 AM
It's just weird that almost the entire structure is correct until they get to Commander. The others are all Army/Marine ranks but Commander is a Navy rank. It should either be Colonel or even General and just eliminate the Commander rank by having the differing Generals (Brigadier, Major, and Lieutenant).
I don't really think its that big of a deal. After all, we are talking about "a distant galaxy from a long, long time ago". While it was probably technical screw-up on Lucas' part of not knowing all the facts about "rank divisions" sort of like the whole "parsec" being a measure of time and not distance, you can easily argue those things away given the nature of their "sci-fi fantasy" based universe. After all whose to say that in the "SW" that their measure types and military ranking system had to evolve exactly as it did here on Earth. After all Amidala had the title Queen and Leia the title of Princess, yet in the SW universe both are from democracies (something usually associadted with those titles). I suppose you could argue that perhaps something like what we have in the UK is going on (where the government is now a democracy, but the monarchy lineage is still maintain for traditions sake). In the case of Amidala though we know that isn't the case as the Queen title was given to all those elected to Naboo's office (like President is to us), not because she was some royal lineage.

Slicker
01-20-2009, 02:35 AM
I never realized it until I looked and thought it weird. Not a big deal really though.

I think I recall them explaining away the parsec thing by saying that Han was able to do it in a shorter distance because the Falcon was able to calculate and run a more dangerous path than normal therefore cutting off distance.