PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday I played the Nintendo Wii for my very first time

Tycho
01-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Dude! This system is fun.

I made a new friend in a pool tournament I played in. He invited me to check out bowling, tennis, and baseball. It was totally addictive and we played for hours.

He has a PS3 too, but we never turned it on. The Wii bowling game and tennis are both awesome. I actually broke a sweat returning a continuous volley on the court.

For a guy who usually does not get into video games much (aside from piloting games), the Wii rocks.

I've played PS3, too. In fact I was close to purchasing a PS3, but geeze did this experience ever sway me. But maybe I should do what my friend did and buy BOTH. But I seriously had fun with the Wii.

pbarnard
01-19-2009, 03:27 PM
You won't regret it. I suggest looking for a bundle where you get the Wii, Wii Fit (for the Balance board) and whatever games also are included.

The balance board and Shaun White Road Trip are a lot more fun.

bobafrett
01-19-2009, 03:36 PM
I just don't get into video games. I'm sure if I didn't get killed within 30 seconds of the start of the game, I might enjoy it more. I tried Mario Kart at my brothers place, and I was dead last every time. My Nieces kicked my butt.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-19-2009, 05:35 PM
I'd think about it dude. I bought a Wii back in spring of 06 and played it quite a bit, primarily wii sports and Super Mario Galaxy. It's a fun system if you have family around, but these days, I very rarely play it now. In fact, I got tired of it as the poor graphics do become tiresome and Nintendo caters to the casual, younger audience, which means that A LOT of the wii's games are going to be bad.

I ended up buying a 360 here and love it. It's a MUCH better system than the wii on a lot of levels, if not all of them. I would say wii's online playability is better, but they only have a few games that can be played online, so I can't say much about it.

I will play bowling and maybe SMG, but I don't see myself buying anymore games for it.

JediTricks
01-19-2009, 07:13 PM
I played Wii Mario Kart at Best Buy for a minute the other day, the wiimote sucks so bad, majorly uncomfortable and wasn't blowing my mind with accuracy, kinda squirrelly. And the game looked way dated, stuff was clipping through edges like mad.

Then I came home and finally opened up Motorstorm Pacific Rift for PS3, I got it for xmas, and that game is fun as hell! The traction is a little more basic than the original, but the maps are far more varied. And playing it with the controller as the steering wheel was awesome, it was a tighter control and felt better in my hands.

If you are looking for motion sensor games, the Wii probably has the PS3 beat in volume, but I'm happy enough with the Sixaxis games I have, that feels exactly like what I'm looking for in a game.

El Chuxter
01-20-2009, 01:26 PM
Don't listen to these guys, T. They both hate Pac-Man because he's not perfectly round. :)

JT, was the Mario Kart demo using the wheel? The wheel sucks. I always use the nunchuk. Funny thing, the wheel actually works much better with Speed Racer, a third-party game, than with Mario Kart, the game it was designed for!

preacher
01-21-2009, 12:17 AM
The XBOX360 is a botched design. Microsoft still has units coming off the assembly line that experience the red circle of death. Yeah, its down to $200but the fact that Gates or whoever have not corrected this problem speaks volumes to their commitment to quality control. 3 year warranty my butt! FIX THE PROBLEM. The Wii has been put through the ringer and is still working. Its still a 250 system and its obvious Nintendo does not feel the need to drop the price further even though 360 is cheaper - still selling like hotcakes.

I prefer my DS honestly. Great, unique titles, and the stylus is not as cumbersome as the wiimote. Just wish some of the Japan only releases would make it stateside in english language.

JediTricks
01-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Don't listen to these guys, T. They both hate Pac-Man because he's not perfectly round. :)He's a pizza missing a slice.

JT, was the Mario Kart demo using the wheel? The wheel sucks. I always use the nunchuk. Funny thing, the wheel actually works much better with Speed Racer, a third-party game, than with Mario Kart, the game it was designed for!It was using the Wiimote in armor, but not with the wheel, just by itself, as the steering wheel.

The same motion on Motorstorm is so much fun too, so weird what a difference game and controller design can make.

BTW, Tycho has a big Samsung HDTV and no HD cable or even blu-ray player. Which would be more useful, the Wii which mostly comes down to waggle and cannot even deliver HD video in the games, or the PS3 which can do HD games, play and stream HD videos, can upscale regular DVDs, and is a fully-functional Blu-Ray player? And the PS3 is gonna have SW Battlefront III in real quality while the Wii will end up with yet another downscaled port.

El Chuxter
01-24-2009, 01:12 AM
Ick. Wiimote by itself is essentially the wheel; same controls. The execution there just isn't what it should be; like I said, it's odd that a third-party game that was only half realized otherwise uses the Nintendo wheel so much more effectively than the game it supposedly was designed for.

For Tycho, I'd recommend the Wii simply because he doesn't seem like a hardcore gamer. The majority of third-party games suck and suck hard, but there are quite a few gems out there.

Tycho
01-31-2009, 12:32 AM
I just bought a Wii at Wal-Mart tonight. Hooking it up in a little bit.

I also bought Clone Wars and Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga.

Now I'll see if I can't have some fun with it.

UPDATE: I just played the darn thing and 2 1/2 hours went by before I knew what was happening!

The Lego Complete Star Wars saga is awesome. I kept playing the Hoth scenerio. It's hard but keeps you challenged. I also chased Zam Wessel through Coruscant in Anakin's speeder, and helped Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan get off the Trade Federation's droid control ship and go to Naboo to meet JarJar.

Geeze it gets addictive fast. Prior to going to war, I went bowling. I also learned how you can create Miis, but I didn't save any as of yet.

Well, that's about it. I'm totally thrilled with the Wii. It was a good choice.

DarthQuack
01-31-2009, 06:50 AM
I'm having some family over tomorrow before the Super Bowl so I plan on introducing the Wii to my mom hoping she'll actually enjoy it a little bit.

Tycho
01-31-2009, 01:01 PM
I've been playing Jabba's Palace this morning.

I wonder if you can create your character in Star Wars, save it to the system, and then take your bounty hunter or Jedi bowling?

I bet you can.

When I played at my friends, I was Yoda in the bowling alley.

Man I'd like for Chewbacca to play on my tennis and baseball teams!

bigbarada
01-31-2009, 08:14 PM
I played Wii Mario Kart at Best Buy for a minute the other day, the wiimote sucks so bad, majorly uncomfortable and wasn't blowing my mind with accuracy, kinda squirrelly.

A lot of those in-store demo controllers either are low on battery power or have just been abused so much that they very rarely work well. That might have been the problem.

Anyways, Nintendo chose their audience well. They decided they didn't want to compete in the hardcore gamer market, so they went after the casual gamers and non-gamers and designed a system for them. They've been extremely successful in that. I even read a news story about physical therapy doctors using Nintendo Wiis to help rehabilitate their patients.

figrin bran
01-31-2009, 09:21 PM
Wow, just like that, Tycho sinks all that money into a Wii and 2 games.

I tried out Clone Wars at my sister's place...It doesn't quite deliver the way it should. I found playing as Anakin and Obi Wan to be quite frustrating - the wiimote would not register all of my slashes which were animated rather slowly. I got so frustrated that I tried playing as Ahsoka and found that to be easier.

Oh well, back to my 360 and Force Unleashed :D

JediTricks
01-31-2009, 10:59 PM
A lot of those in-store demo controllers either are low on battery power or have just been abused so much that they very rarely work well. That might have been the problem.It seemed like the kart controls are just squirrelly and inaccurate, it did what I was telling it, but not to any good effect, and using it was awkward just in how it was held, using the buttons.

Wow, just like that, Tycho sinks all that money into a Wii and 2 games.

I tried out Clone Wars at my sister's place...It doesn't quite deliver the way it should. I found playing as Anakin and Obi Wan to be quite frustrating - the wiimote would not register all of my slashes which were animated rather slowly. I got so frustrated that I tried playing as Ahsoka and found that to be easier.

Oh well, back to my 360 and Force Unleashed :DThe funny thing is, the Clone Wars Wii game's lightsaber battle system is based on the TFU Wii game's saber battle system, only apparently it's a downgrade despite being a later game and the ONLY focus of that game.

Tycho
01-31-2009, 11:19 PM
I haven't even opened Clone Wars yet. I may not for a while. It'll be something to look forward to later.

Lego Star Wars Saga is a lot of fun and I can play whatever movie scenerio I want to, though it's no surprise I've got an early preference for Jabba's Palace.

You can play Captain Antilles on the Tantive IV though (I guess - I didn't try. I left my character I was using as Princess Leia).

I also haven't tried ROTS yet, but it starts in the Battle of Coruscant, just like the movie. And so far, if AOTC is any indicator, I'm not impressed with the Lego Star Wars ship battles. The Coruscant Speeder Chase scene has the speeders reduced to being way too tiny. Hoth is almost like that, but not quite. Perhaps there is a way to zoom in my point of view. But if so, I haven't discovered it yet. I haven't been in the mood to read the instructions as of yet.

JediTricks
01-31-2009, 11:48 PM
LEGO Star Wars was the best on PS2, I enjoyed both the Prequels and OT (they were originally released as 2 separate games, the one you have is a combination of both with the advanced features of the OT game and some new stuff that neither had). The vehicle games are definitely the weaker aspects, though the OT has a few decent levels. The prequels game was really lame since those vehicles were all on-rails, which meant you couldn't really control where the ship was going except a tiny bit.

Tycho
02-01-2009, 11:11 AM
I noticed that in the Battle of Coruscant. I didn't have any control over where my Jedi Starfighter was flying. I just had to shoot.

I can't imagine why this game would be better on one system or another. It's just something to use to pass time. I'm actually embarassed when my Wii informs me that I've been playing for over 2 hours in a day or something.

Really, I'm glad this thing can distract me as I'll need that after my surgery - but that better be it. Hopefully, it will be very rare occasions on which I buy any more video games sometime past June 2009. This will need to stop eventually.

El Chuxter
02-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Wait until you go to Circuit City and discover they've marked down the Wii Points, and buy a lot, and then get a lot of NES games. :)f

JediTricks
02-01-2009, 02:59 PM
The PS3 and 360 versions run at 1080p graphics, and you can play 2-player online instead of just in person (co-op is awesome!). The Wii version has some waggle version of lightsaber combat, the PS3 version also uses motion sensing but to control the vehicles. The PS2 versions came out before there was a Wii. Those are the console differences.

I just bought it for the PS3 after looking up that info, the online multiplayer is something I didn't know about and I have a few friends with PS3s, since the game is $20 on Amazon and I get free 2 day shipping right now, I pulled the trigger.

I believe the nagging about how much time you have spent is because Nintendo wants you to not sue them if you get repetitive stress injuries from moving the controllers around, so they're letting you know you should take a break or your wrists will fall off.

DarthQuack
05-18-2009, 11:21 PM
Wii Punch-Out comes out tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to this since I haven't bought a Wii game in FOREVER....

Slicker
05-20-2009, 07:42 AM
I actually played Wii for the first time about a week ago. I played Mario Kart. It was alright but I was underwhelmed with it. I'll take Mario Kart 64 any day of the week over that.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-20-2009, 06:37 PM
I played one once earlier this year I think. One of my nephews had the Mario Olympics, and I tried running the 400 but couldn't master that. My character kept stopping to catch his breath.

Still, I've kind of thought of getting one. Partly because they are cheaper, and partly because I thought I might try some of that Wii Fit stuff. I've not been running as much, and don't really have the room or want to spend the money on a decent treadmill, or bother with going to a gym. So, I figured that if I'm going to play video games, better to play ones where I'm actively doing something instead of just sitting on the couch.

One thing against it though is I figure there wouldn't be as many games I would be into. It does have The Force Unleashed, though.

Friday's paper had a coupon for Fred Meyer. It offered $30 off if you spent more than $150 on Saturday, so I thought I might use it and get a Wii. It took me a while to decide for sure. I'd prefer to have an XBox 360, but I still have a lot of XBox games I haven't finished, or even started in some cases. I finally decided to get the Wii, The Force Unleashed, and a classic controller.

So, I spent quite a bit of yesterday playing Wii Sports. I'm actually a little sore today from some of the movements. I also purchased some Wii Points and downloaded F-Zero and all three of the Super Star Wars games. They kind of suck though, because that was back in the day when you couldn't save your game whenever you wanted, and you only had a limited number of lives. So, I didn't get too far in either of them so far. I only did the tutorial in The Force Unleashed. Seems like it might be more fun to play it with the Wii controls than with a regular controller. We will see how it goes.

I played F-Zero quite a bit. I played it a lot back in my first year of grad school, and I have the F-Zero 64, so this was a nice trip back in time. Still haven't been able to finish the first circuit though. One other game I played a lot that year in college was Tetris, but it wasn't available on the Virtual Console. None of the Tetris games I got for my other consoles were as good as that one.

JimJamBonds
12-20-2009, 10:00 PM
Dude! This system is fun.

Yes it is!

I made a new friend in a pool tournament I played in. He invited me to check out bowling, tennis, and baseball. It was totally addictive and we played for hours.

I've never played pool but just the basic Wii Fit is a blast to play.

Tycho
12-20-2009, 11:40 PM
Haha. No I played pool on a real pool table, not a video game version - though I think Wii makes it.

We have 3 real pool tables in my apartment complex, 1 in one rec room, and 2 in the other. That's how I met that friend I played the Wii with for my first time.

Right now I'm busy playing Madden NFL with the Chargers.

Oakland is very easy to score on. I think the programmers forgot to include an offense and defense for the Raiders. Oh - nevermind - that's how it is in real life, too. :D

El Chuxter
12-21-2009, 02:36 AM
I believe the old NES Lunar Pool can be downloaded on virtual console. That was a cool pool game.

preacher
12-21-2009, 11:42 PM
I played one once earlier this year I think. One of my nephews had the Mario Olympics, and I tried running the 400 but couldn't master that. My character kept stopping to catch his breath.

Still, I've kind of thought of getting one. Partly because they are cheaper, and partly because I thought I might try some of that Wii Fit stuff. I've not been running as much, and don't really have the room or want to spend the money on a decent treadmill, or bother with going to a gym. So, I figured that if I'm going to play video games, better to play ones where I'm actively doing something instead of just sitting on the couch.

One thing against it though is I figure there wouldn't be as many games I would be into. It does have The Force Unleashed, though.

Friday's paper had a coupon for Fred Meyer. It offered $30 off if you spent more than $150 on Saturday, so I thought I might use it and get a Wii. It took me a while to decide for sure. I'd prefer to have an XBox 360, but I still have a lot of XBox games I haven't finished, or even started in some cases. I finally decided to get the Wii, The Force Unleashed, and a classic controller.

So, I spent quite a bit of yesterday playing Wii Sports. I'm actually a little sore today from some of the movements. I also purchased some Wii Points and downloaded F-Zero and all three of the Super Star Wars games. They kind of suck though, because that was back in the day when you couldn't save your game whenever you wanted, and you only had a limited number of lives. So, I didn't get too far in either of them so far. I only did the tutorial in The Force Unleashed. Seems like it might be more fun to play it with the Wii controls than with a regular controller. We will see how it goes.

I played F-Zero quite a bit. I played it a lot back in my first year of grad school, and I have the F-Zero 64, so this was a nice trip back in time. Still haven't been able to finish the first circuit though. One other game I played a lot that year in college was Tetris, but it wasn't available on the Virtual Console. None of the Tetris games I got for my other consoles were as good as that one.

Get Metroid Prime Trilogy. Your tastes seem to match mine. At least rent it and give a shot.

DarthQuack
12-22-2009, 04:41 PM
Get Metroid Prime Trilogy. Your tastes seem to match mine. At least rent it and give a shot.

Which is only $20 if you can find it at your local Best Buy this week....my buddy was nice enough to get me one on Sunday....Really looking forward to getting into a Metroid streak....since....sadly enough I've never really played the series before :(

So I'm gonna download Metroid and Super Metroid on the VC and get my butt in gear!

sith_killer_99
01-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Well, I am looking at buying a Wii for my daughter's birthday. She asked for a Nintendo DSi and a Wii. I asked her which she would prefer and it looks like we will go with the Wii. She plays most of her games on her computer anyway.

My wife also wants to get a Wii Fit to go with it so she can start working out again.

I'm not really a gamer, but I do enjoy a few video games here and there. I mostly just play on the computer, but it might be nice to have a console. I like the interactive features of a Wii, I could never really sit still long enough to get into video games for too long. I think the Wii will be a perfect fit for our family.

Thoughts?

Tycho, do you still have the Wii, still enjoy playing?

Also, Wii is getting ready to offer up netflix streaming, and since I have an account it would be a nice feature.

Tycho
01-13-2010, 10:15 PM
Tycho, do you still have the Wii, still enjoy playing?

Also, Wii is getting ready to offer up netflix streaming, and since I have an account it would be a nice feature.

Yes. I still love my Wii.

I have recently played:

Madden NFL - I'm 3-1 with the Chargers, playing their schedule this season.

2K9 MLB - I'm playing the Padres, still with the worst record of the season.

The Force Unleashed - I've not beaten the Jedi on Kashyyyk as Darth Vader yet.

Lego Star Wars - It's too much fun. I go back and play as my own character.

I really love the sports games and it's great knowing I can go back to bowling, tennis, or golf. That's fun, too. I like making my own Mii to play with. I just altered mine to match my appearance now that I've grown my hair out from my military cut and wear my hair a regular guy's length.

sith_killer_99
01-13-2010, 11:54 PM
Do you use netflix at all, have you looked into ordering the disc?

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/13/psa-wiis-netflix-sign-up-page-now-available/

Have you tried the Wii Fit? My wife is interested, I could sorta care less.

The only games I would likely be interested in are Star Wars related, Guitar Hero, and maybe a couple FPS type games like "Call of Duty".:yes:

I never got into the sports games, but that may change with the Wii, especially baseball games, though I suspect I may not like it, what with just swinging a little wiimote as opposed to a real bat.:p

Mad Slanted Powers
01-14-2010, 12:22 AM
I got the Wii Fit Plus bundle with the balance board. I've tried a couple of the Yoga poses and a couple of the strength exercises, but it's kind of awkward trying to focus on both doing the exercise right and keeping your center of balance in a certain range. The balance games are kind of fun. You can get a light workout in just by playing them for an hour. Some of the aerobic things can get you moving a bit. Christmas morning I did a 10 minute run, but running in place isn't like real running. I was on my toes more, so my calves were really sore for a couple of days.

pbarnard
01-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Get Wii fit, but than get Shaun White Snowboarding. Now that is a fun use of the balance board!!!

2 player boxing on Wii Sports is always a blast, the Lego SW games are great considering you can do it by button smashing like the other consoles or you can wave the remote and it does slash. The wii remote is probably what it would be like to have a real light saber since the blade would have no mass and all but the thickest and most hardened substances seem to require effort to get through. The Force Unleashed was fun, and it can be a great arm work out hacking and slashing through everything.

After that, I play Tiger Woods Golf (so much better than the Wii Sports version) and Mario Kart the most next.

I'm interested in seeing how the Netflix/Wii thing works.

Tycho
01-14-2010, 11:29 PM
I like the Tiger Woods Golf game myself, but there is no super-model or escort girl waiting for you each time you win a match. That's so unrealistic!

I think you should earn points for each time you come in under par and that should add another clause to your pre-nuptual agreement for real pro-golf action!

Then off comes one Nike shoe. Then the other. And she says, "Just do me!"

I've never tried NetFlix with the Wii by the way.

Now while I love baseball on the Wii, I have a frequent batters' rewards card I rack up points on at the real batting cage for a real workout!

pbarnard
01-15-2010, 09:16 AM
I like the Tiger Woods Golf game myself, but there is no super-model or escort girl waiting for you each time you win a match. That's so unrealistic!

I think you should earn points for each time you come in under par and that should add another clause to your pre-nuptual agreement for real pro-golf action!

Then off comes one Nike shoe. Then the other. And she says, "Just do me!"

I've never tried NetFlix with the Wii by the way.

Next year, if there is a TW 2011 the driving range will result in hookers. :thumbsup:

Netflix for Wii is new and upcoming.

DarkArtist
01-16-2010, 01:40 PM
I love the Wii... have about 35 games or so including Wii Fit, Lego Star Wars Complete Saga and both versions of the Lego Indy game plus the new Staff of Kings game (haven't played it yet though.) finally have the system hooked up to the interent so i downloaded the Classic Techmo Bowl from NES back in 1989....love that game. haven't played it about 20 years but still can beat it every time. last night I played Washington (me) vs Miami and the final score was Washington 67 and Miami 0.

looking t downloading a few other classic NEs games like Mario and Donkey Kong, Zelda and maybe Double Dragon as well as the Star Wars games from SNES.

Tycho
01-17-2010, 02:11 AM
DarkArtist, if you're playing Madden NFL, get to know what you're doing, and then take it off "the easy mode."

I play 10 minute quarters at the intermediate level right now (as the Chargers).

I lost only to the Ravens. I'm 3-1 right now (beat Oakland, Miami, and Pittsburgh, but I cannot beat Denver [so I'm not saving the games to my record - though I might the next time it is really close and Rivers', Tomlinson's, Chambers' (I still have him), Naanee's, Gates', and Jackson's game stats are real high anyway.]

Cromarte, English, and Weddle really peform well for me on the Chargers' backfield, too.

OC47150
01-17-2010, 07:45 PM
I played Force Unleashed on New Year's Eve at a friend's house for the first time. The one thing I don't like (but I think I'd get use to if I played more) action games with the Wii is having the controllers in each hand. My eight-year-old nephew yelled at me when we played Lego Indy Jones 'cause I couldn't keep up with him!

I've mastered the controller for the PS2 pretty well.

Wii bowling is fun. But I find that Wii bowl like I'm actually bowling and I feel it the next day.

pbarnard
01-18-2010, 12:48 PM
I played Force Unleashed on New Year's Eve at a friend's house for the first time. The one thing I don't like (but I think I'd get use to if I played more) action games with the Wii is having the controllers in each hand. My eight-year-old nephew yelled at me when we played Lego Indy Jones 'cause I couldn't keep up with him!

some require two, some only the one. With TFU, master 2 or 3 force powers, and you're pretty devestating, saving the rest of the time for Saber slashing. :love:

DarthQuack
01-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Can anyone recommend any good shooter games? I got the Perfect Shot gun for Christmas and want to possibly pick up a House of the Dead game or any of the RE games that work well with the gun.

Lord Malakite
01-18-2010, 07:34 PM
Can anyone recommend any good shooter games? I got the Perfect Shot gun for Christmas and want to possibly pick up a House of the Dead game or any of the RE games that work well with the gun.
Outside of the 2 video game franchises you've already mentioned DQ I can't think of any others off the top of my head. I heard "Link's Crossbow Training" is a decent shooter for a "Wii Sports" "cheap/freebie" type game. But of course to get that you'd normally have to buy Nintendo's official gun shell, the Wii Zapper. Maybe you could find a used copy cheap.

preacher
01-19-2010, 03:49 PM

RE Umbrella Chronicles is a good choice. It actually builds on the story that was told in the previous RE games in creative and unexpected ways. Capcom even managed to tie in elements of the RE movie into it.

I tried that particular game with the Wii gun that has the Zelda game as a pack in. I wasn't too impressed with the integrity of that particular gun time. Pointing was good, but when you straffe for an attack the nunchuck would always pop out. You have to do a lot of straffing in the boss battles. So even such a mishap while fighting Tyrant was very annoying.

So, RE Umbrella Chronicles is cool bloody fun. But I would suggest you research the gun peripherals very carefully. I didn't, and I ended up point and clicking with the wiimote in one hand and the nunchuck in the other. For the times that the stupid nunchuck actually kept secure in the Wii Gun it was a lot of fun.

I've heard RE Darkside Chronicles improves on Umbrella chronicles quite a bit.

sith_killer_99
01-31-2010, 12:12 AM
Well, tonight my daughter got her Wii along with a few extras, the system comes with Wii Sports of course, but I also bought her:

Games:
M&M Kart Racing
Looney Tunes ACME Arsenal
LEGO Star Wars (The Complete Saga)

Controllers:
Wii Wheel
Anakin Skywalker Lightsaber

I also ordered "JumpStart Escape From Adventure Island" from Amazon, since none of the stores around here carry the game.

When I get back I plan on buying the Rock Band and Guitar Hero games for myself.:D

Tycho
01-31-2010, 02:37 AM
SK, you will find yourself playing Lego Star Wars, complete saga. It's a wonderful game and though I've finally started Force Unleashed, nothing compares to how much I loved that SW game.

You can even make characters of yourself and live out the adventures.

El Chuxter
01-31-2010, 07:49 AM
I've been playing Lego Batman lately. Got to say, the puzzles are tougher than in the Indy and SW games.

I'd suggest getting WiiPlay. It's basically a second controller with a free set of minigames.

Oh, and for DQ, Ghost Squad, which lives in the $14.99 bin at Costco (one of the games that they issue $5 off coupons for something like ten times a year) is a surprisingly good, if a little short, basic shooter.