PDA

View Full Version : *Well, it TOOK me long enough!

vulcantouch-mom
01-20-2009, 11:03 PM
It's nearly 2 1/2 years since my first post and now I'm back with a "HELP!" question for anyone interested and who knows.

I've been watching "Wall-E" and really enjoyed the many references borrowed from so many earlier sci-fi based flix. My soon-to-be new daughter-in-law is recuperating from surgery and Ken's provided her with oodles & bunches of the BSG series episodes to watch and she's picking up inconsistencies and odd things like Jéan & Ken always did. She cited the sheets of paper that never had corners and spotted them reappearing in one episode (so far) and asked Ken if they did it on purpose or just flubbed. He disagreed there might be anything behind it and it reminded me of the original 'pj-idea' Jéan had mentioned about the first Trek uniforms during one of our many outings in which he'd provided me ST-based magazines w/behind-the-scenes stuff.

Anyway, she's curious and I'm curious about something else. Anyone finding "Auto" familiar - besides looking like "HAL" in "2001: A Space Odyssey"? I haven't told them and wonder if they'll make the same connection I did with a BSG element. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.:lipsrsealed:

I've still been unable to uncover the huge collection in the back room, now nearly filled to capacity with other things since 2006, and am still attempting to box and load many collections of other items Jéan left for storage out of weather damage possibility. The past 2 years have been like a slow-steady avalance of incidents that leave us all still waiting for calm.:tired: But, it will come, I'm confident.:thumbsup:

*I couldn't remember my password :o and after lots of stumbling around in here after being able to reset it, this post is finally done.

Take care, y'all. I've missed corresponding here and have shared e-mails w/several of you. You're a special group I always hold dear in my heart.:love:

JediTricks
01-23-2009, 08:22 PM
Hi Carolyn, nice to see you posting again. I wish you had let me know you were having trouble in that department, I could have helped. You sure you want this thread in the TV forum instead of Micro Machines? I can move it if you like.

The cut corners paper thing on BSG was indeed intentional, as for them putting in non-cut paper, I think there's an accidental incidence in season 1, and there's an intentional use later on in season 3, but I don't remember what that one is exactly.

Auto's voice is the voice of the Mac computer's speech program, but I'm not sure what else you're going for with that.

Sorry to hear things are going not so great, that's a shame.

Take care, hope to see a reply soon.

vulcantouch-mom
01-23-2009, 08:36 PM
Nope, it's not that, exactly, but if you've seen it and didn't catch what I'm referring to, I'll tell you privately, if you want. It made me laugh out loud (boy am I easy or what?!?:yes:)

Thank you so very much for getting back to me, JT, I've lost contact with nearly everyone except Bobbyfett and Sergiu Rusu, who regularly e-mails me from Romania.

I'll wait to hear from you and, with your permission, I'll copy/paste your response about the BSG 'paper' thing. Lia will be tickled.

Take care, JT:thumbsup:

JediTricks
01-23-2009, 10:48 PM
Yeah, LMK what ya got on that reference.

Go ahead and use it, although it's hardly scientific. :p Apparently, they occasionally use rectangular paper, but never for anything "official" or classified. The idea of cutting off the corners of the paper is to make it look futury, but also to signify the corners they cut making the original BSG tv movie.

vulcantouch-mom
01-23-2009, 10:59 PM
"Auto" made me think of the Cylon voice on BSG - did they use the same thing in that series? Anyway, it was kinda funny, I thought.

Thanks for the 'ok' to share the paper thing w/Lia. That's a fun one too. Well, gotta run - Mystery Science Theater 3000 is on and Liam's bouncing and flipping upside-down on the bed. Yes, he IS 5 :yes: