PDA

View Full Version : Medicom RAH TIE Fighter Pilot

sergiurusu
01-24-2009, 04:37 AM
Medicom RAH TIE Fighter Pilot

Exhaust Port
01-24-2009, 03:20 PM
Absolutely awesome! I want one for sure!

AmanaMatt
01-31-2009, 10:09 AM
Looks good. I was actually disappointed with the Marmit version.....the kit like aspect of it is a pain.

Just once I would like to see the ANH version Tie Pilot.....everyone does the later version like this, but it looks good...wonder if Sideshow will get to this one?

sergiurusu
02-01-2009, 09:36 AM
Looks good. I was actually disappointed with the Marmit version.....the kit like aspect of it is a pain.

Just once I would like to see the ANH version Tie Pilot.....everyone does the later version like this, but it looks good...wonder if Sideshow will get to this one?

I know the differences between ANH/ESB/ROTJ/ROTS Vaders, between the ANH/ROTJ stormtroopers and between ESB and ROTJ Boba Fett, but what are the differences between ANH TIE Pilot and the others?

AmanaMatt
02-06-2009, 01:46 AM
I know the differences between ANH/ESB/ROTJ/ROTS Vaders, between the ANH/ROTJ stormtroopers and between ESB and ROTJ Boba Fett, but what are the differences between ANH TIE Pilot and the others?

Main thing: hoses. In ANH, they had a hose running from the mask to the side and in the later ones, it is like the Medicom. Subtle, but not done to my knowledge

bigbarada
02-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Also the ANH Pilots had two grey stripes running down the front of their facemasks and some grey lettering on the front of their helmet ridge.

In fact, I think a couple of TIE Pilots in ROTJ had the same stripes on the front of their helmets. Which means they were either using recycled helmets or recycled footage from the original film.

AmanaMatt
02-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Also the ANH Pilots had two grey stripes running down the front of their facemasks and some grey lettering on the front of their helmet ridge.

In fact, I think a couple of TIE Pilots in ROTJ had the same stripes on the front of their helmets. Which means they were either using recycled helmets or recycled footage from the original film.

Cool, i was not aware of that myself...grey stripes...ok time to whip out ANH and look again! But clearly, its there in the pic! Awesome. dude, another reason to want the ANh version

Yeah I found another pic that shows off the decal you meantion at the top:

I don't see the grey stripe in this pic, but do see the other decal - did some have the stripe and some did not, or is it just the angle and lighting?

Very interesting, thanks again

Exhaust Port
02-13-2009, 10:26 AM
So the preorder is up and I threw my name in the hat for this one. $179?!?!?! That is freakin' crazy.

sergiurusu
02-14-2009, 10:31 AM
The price is outrageous. I'll wait until it drops and then I'll get it.

bigbarada
02-14-2009, 02:48 PM
Cool, i was not aware of that myself...grey stripes...ok time to whip out ANH and look again! But clearly, its there in the pic! Awesome. dude, another reason to want the ANh version

Yeah I found another pic that shows off the decal you meantion at the top:

I don't see the grey stripe in this pic, but do see the other decal - did some have the stripe and some did not, or is it just the angle and lighting?

Very interesting, thanks again

Yeah, there seems to be different markings on different helmets. If you look closely though, you can see that the entire front portion of the helmet ridge on that pilot is painted silver-ish. You can tell by the "black box" that the lettering in encased in.

Exhaust Port
02-14-2009, 05:15 PM
The price is outrageous. I'll wait until it drops and then I'll get it.

Yeah, I'll probably end up canceling this one too. Too bad, my ideal figure and it's outrageously expensive. Drat.

bigbarada
02-14-2009, 09:55 PM
Do the prices on these figures normally drop after a while? I've never bought any of the Medicom figures (or any of the Sideshow figures for that matter), but a 12" scale TIE Pilot that looks this good would be a dream-come-true figure for me. However, at that price, I just don't think I can justify it.:(

sergiurusu
02-15-2009, 01:19 AM
If no one buys it at that huge price, then they'll be forced to lower the price to be able to sell the product.

jonthejedi
02-16-2009, 04:21 AM
The prices on import figs. are real killers. I got the RAH yellow clone cmdr. at ShopSW.com alot cheaper than Sideshow was charging for the red cmdr. And then ShopSW dropped the price to 79.99...so I wish I'd waited.

AmanaMatt
02-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Do the prices on these figures normally drop after a while? I've never bought any of the Medicom figures (or any of the Sideshow figures for that matter), but a 12" scale TIE Pilot that looks this good would be a dream-come-true figure for me. However, at that price, I just don't think I can justify it.:(

I agree. Its too simple of an outfit to justify a $150 plus price tag....I am sorta unhappy with my Marmit one, but will wait to see if SS does one in the future. After our talking, I would love to see an ANH version of course!

bigbarada
02-17-2009, 10:01 PM
I agree. Its too simple of an outfit to justify a $150 plus price tag....I am sorta unhappy with my Marmit one, but will wait to see if SS does one in the future. After our talking, I would love to see an ANH version of course!

I feel the same way. I've always loved the TIE Pilot helmet and chest box, but everything else about their uniform is just "blah"; but of course they weren't really designed to be seen too much outside of the TIE Fighter.

If the price on this one drops significantly, then I'll consider it. Otherwise I'll just keep my fingers crossed for a Sideshow version.

sergiurusu
09-13-2009, 02:07 AM
A really cool figure too bad Medicom didn't give him any kind of accessories. Glad I have an extra Sideshow E-11 blaster for him...

bigbarada
05-13-2010, 07:00 PM
Well, I went ahead and bit the bullet and ordered this figure. Ended up being about $162 with shipping included. This will be my very first high-end 12" figure, so I'm hoping it lives up to my expectations, but judging by seguirusu's photos, I'm sure it will.

If Sideshow does get around to making this guy, I'll buy that version too. Just can't get enough of the TIE Pilots.:)

I might eventually try to track down the Marmit version, but they seem impossible to find at the moment.

sergiurusu
05-14-2010, 01:50 AM
It is a cool figure, you can see mine here now

bigbarada
05-14-2010, 03:02 PM
Just got my shipping confirmation from BBTS, the TIE Pilot should be here next week! :thumbsup: Can't wait!

bigbarada
05-18-2010, 07:37 PM
It arrived today! :thumbsup: This thing is awesome, easily the nicest looking 12" figure I have ever owned. All the detail on this figure is pretty amazing, with my only minor gripe being his helmet is just slightly too small when compared side by side with the Lucasfilm reference photos; but that's not really a big deal.

I don't mind that he doesn't come with a blaster, since where would these guys ever use one? The Death Star was considered impenetrable, and even if someone was running around blasting stuff, there would be more than enough Stormtroopers and Death Star Troopers running around that the Pilots would never even have to engage in direct combat. I guess they might need a blaster in the event of a crash landing, but nothing about the TIE Fighters leads me to believe that they were ever designed to survive a crash landing of any kind.

Anyways, great figure, I'll try to post some photos tomorrow.

bigbarada
05-20-2010, 09:03 PM
A little late, but here are my pics:

:thumbsup:

sergiurusu
05-21-2010, 02:21 AM
Congrats:thumbsup: